RO what has happend to you? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RO what has happend to you?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 AtmaDarkwolf

AtmaDarkwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

It has come to our attention that you have posted on a thread that has been dead for 9 months. This is necroing and against the rules of the forums. As required, I have hidden your post and request that you do not do it again. if you would like to make a new thread in the RO1 section, feel free to do so but I cannot guarantee it will be well received.

Spoiler

Click spoiler to see what was 'censored'

If your heart can handle the shock (ROFL)

#2 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

As Halloween is approaching, you must not feed to the power of Necromancy, or the mighty Necromancer may come and invade our beloved cities...

In fact, those bots are zombie puppets controlled by the Necromancer. By doing these vile practices you are just increasing its power. 

Let us just coward in fear as the darkest of nights is approaching...

#3 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Bots are indeed a threat on RO economy, but dont saying that GM not doing their job properly. They did ban Bots. Are you thinking GM job only handle bots ? They have much more to do other than that. And, are you thinking becoming a GM is easy ? Its just same like this, Most people want to  be a president of a country or thinking that they could do better job  if they are becoming the president himself, but when it comes true, they just saying "i thought becoming a president and rule the country is easy, but i just noticed its hard." Thats my opinion though. So please respect the GM, support them, and stop flaming them.

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

If you think a GM's job is to solely ban bots, you are sadly mistaken. Especially when they have to work on every title in the company and not just this one. Good luck! Just remember that you have to perform an investigation into a bot's history. Can't just ban a character that's been reported on the spot and not expect for there to be false or ill-intent reports.

#5 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have heard before that it is against the Terms of Service for GMs to blindly ban bots that haven't been reported by players, as per kRO dictation. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Either way, reposting something that's been deleted or locked away generally doesn't turn out well, lul.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

If it hasn't been reported odds are they won't even look at it.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

The problem was not the content of what you posted (though I don't think it would lead to a particularly productive thread), but that you posted it in a thread which had been dead for 9 months, which is contrary to forum norms. 

When a thread has been dead for ages, bumping it creates confusion for other players, as posts may refer to things that were happening months ago as if they are current. It confuses people because they assume that a non-pinned thread is vaguely recent - how often do you read the dates of the posts prior to the most recent post in a thread? Most people don't seem to do so. So to prevent confusion, we ask that people avoid 'necroing' old threads - particularly with provocative posts that get people all riled up, because then they're even less likely to check dates.  

#8 Quetzacoatl

Quetzacoatl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationInferno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

dude_eating_popcorn_hg_blk.gif

#9 AtmaDarkwolf

AtmaDarkwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

While I do agree with necroing threads, in this case, the situation is as it was, no change.

And what kind of rule would it be that they CANNOT take action upon a bot unless its reported first? Thats just utter bull and an excuse 'not' to do work. Being that it says in Terms of Service that, what it boils down to, is THEY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DO AS THEY WILL TO ACCOUNTS: IE, anything and everything is 'owned' by gravity, and if they deem a botter is 'breaking the rules' they can utterly delete that account and, if they choose, could also delete each and every account that has traded with said bot. Its their right(This is extreme example, but its STILL inside thier legal right.)

I feel that with the sheer mass of bots running around(Oh common, u want us to report that mob of 15 identical thief characters who follow the exact same path, who all attack the same mob in ant hell, how about the bloody swarm of bots north of geff, I mean REALLY? u want us to do YOUR job for you? No.)

And as far as being a GM is concerned, it IS AS EASY as that. What ties them down? 'rules' as in they have to do what the head GM decides. Rease the chokehold for a day, and let GM's go and 'judge and execute' for a day on the bots, Sure, take out all the 'low end' suspects first(IE those running easily gained bots with eden gear, or npc stuff) then move onto those 'brave' players who bot their 'geard' characters, and move up teh chain. Eventually those will catch on and people will stop before they lose a character of worth.

Do it enough, without silly constraits about if it will cause wah wah's on the forums, and you will starve the zeny sellers out so that even THEY will just simply vanish(Without proceeds, they cannot continue)

All I see now is the ONLY actions taken is a GM will mute the novices running up and down pront avenue and nothing else, 15 min later a new novice starts the trip anyways.

Honestly the players have to stop assuming its 'a hard job' or assuming that 'nothing can be done, stomp one one, and 2 more appear' atttiude. You have a roach infestation, time to call the exterminators.

#10 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

They shoulda made it harder for novices to get out of the training grounds, not make new izlude. Like you have to solve a puzzle or something to leave something only a real player could do.

As it stands its easy as hell for bots to just come back over and over... there is little point in getting them banned.

and Asura obviously loves the bots, hence his response. :heh:

#11 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Shut up and play the game and stop worrying about the economy and -_-. Stop being philosophical, it's just a game. If you have problems that you can't deal with just Control Panel>Uninstall> Ragnarok Online and continue playing Hello Kitty in Wonderland.

^ Bot

:heh:  well thats what i would like to say but meh lol ^ Bot :heh:

#12 Quetzacoatl

Quetzacoatl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationInferno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Shut up and play the game and stop worrying about the economy and -_-. Stop being philosophical, it's just a game. If you have problems that you can't deal with just Control Panel>Uninstall> Ragnarok Online and continue playing Hello Kitty in Wonderland.

:heh:

:go:

:chat:

#13 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

They shoulda made it harder for novices to get out of the training grounds, not make new izlude. Like you have to solve a puzzle or something to leave something only a real player could do.

As it stands its easy as hell for bots to just come back over and over... there is little point in getting them banned.

They did that because kRO doesn't have issues with bots like we do. Each account is tied to a korean SSN over there, so they can't just make bots so easily and freely like they can here.

It didn't hurt to get a novice grounds update, however some foresight into the entry of level <10 into pront and eden in our server would have been ideal, but we all know kRO doesn't give a rats tush about iRO outside of the revenue we provide.

#14 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, the koreans won't ever have our botting issues for that very reason.

I'm not a real fan of the new area. But I'm biased because after 10 years, it just feels awkward to me to change it. :shrug:

#15 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

They really don't affect my game play, so I don't see any reason for me to complaint about them. About loving them, YES you caught me. I take them to the Inn and make love all night long.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

They really don't affect my game play, so I don't see any reason for me to complaint about them. About loving them, YES you caught me. I take them to the Inn and make love all night long.

They affect my gameplay, I have to play vs them competitively in terms of supplies they provide their guildmembers.

Actually pretty much everything everyone does affects someones gameplay somehow. Unless they never vend and never join a party or guild.

#17 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

but but who will supply our straws? :o

#18 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

but but who will supply our straws? :o

10k per hour and I will.  I have a lot of time on my hands and I find the act of grinding and farming to be strangely soothing.

#19 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

10k per hour and I will.  I have a lot of time on my hands and I find the act of grinding and farming to be strangely soothing.

I'm intrigued even though our guild doesnt use straws, you can supply 30k straws every woe? There are also other things, rune mats, potting mats, food mats etc

#20 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

The thanks ticket vending machine in Valkyrie realm is pretty nice for food mats without feeding bots.~

L> more ferus mid ti for straws

#21 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'm intrigued even though our guild doesnt use straws, you can supply 30k straws every woe? There are also other things, rune mats, potting mats, food mats etc

30k is a bit much for me, since I'm doing everything manually and usually without gums or VIP, but I can supply smaller stacks for individual use.  I can farm other stuff as well, with the same limitations.

#22 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

oh no... people actually having to farm their own supplies? THE HORROR!!!... even without bots supply farming isnt that hard... set up a reasonably priced buy shop and let all the low level players supply em for you... i have spent 2 days trying to farm a scaraba card and having to compete for kills vs a Ranger bot.... the only advantage i have is its poorly programmed and will stop and try to ill my clones leaving the real monsters for me to kill...

#23 AtmaDarkwolf

AtmaDarkwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Biggest help to 'new' players, or even just those leveling up a new toon, is to supply stems, spores, etc to woe guilds. Its how we did it back in the day(And yes even then bots were clusterfraking an area so it was difficult for 'real' people to play)

But really, even games that set up a facebook login have pretty much reduced bots down to 'a sweatshop full of people in third world country grinding stuff for a buck an hour' but at least its STILL REAL PEOPLE.

#24 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

They affect my gameplay, I have to play vs them competitively in terms of supplies they provide their guildmembers.

Actually pretty much everything everyone does affects someones gameplay somehow. Unless they never vend and never join a party or guild.

hey stop taking my kills youuuuuu anti-social player you!!! *shakes grampa cane*

#25 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

30k is a bit much for me, since I'm doing everything manually and usually without gums or VIP, but I can supply smaller stacks for individual use.  I can farm other stuff as well, with the same limitations.

If you farmed strawberries for me I would buy idk what your price is per straw tho :L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users