How do people make Billions of Zeny ? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How do people make Billions of Zeny ?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

I have seen people purchase items that cause several Billions of zeny. My question is how do people make this kind of zeny? Which maps are the best to earn a good buck from ?

A few months back I was an avid merchant and took 3 months to make close to a billion zeny. But this feels humbling to people with dozens or even hundreds of Billions of zeny. How do people make so much money? I tried to farm raydric , phen and Nox cards when they were at the peaks and I found it extremely depressing. I tried to over refine goods but I found that without enriched or HD ores I cant get very far. The old time upgrading is pointless as of now. Someone suggested me enchanting Malengdo gears but that itself requires a lot of zeny or deep pockets to buy silverines.

So is it a requirement that I buy K shop items to get anywhere in this game ? In the old times, I could earn more zeny during events (when events used to be nice), have a steady income farming gears that could sell for a lot since there weren't K shop exclusive items in the competition (HBP,CD,Immune shields, Cat berets etc)

As of now whatever I try and farm in the game is worthless thanks to botters. The only things that have value are Kafra shop gears.

Edited by Xord, 23 October 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

There are a few ways to make lots of money, but there are only a couple ways to make billions......lots of luck, extreme farming, WoE.

Generally, I make my standard money by farming MVPs with smaller value more frequent drops, like Valk summoner (armor), camping MVPs who drop OCA's at 5% or better and by farming whatever is valuable for the week (good TIs)...this helps me make a few 100mil per week, if you're lucky, maybe 100m a day.

A good thing to start is doing Nidhoggur Shadow runs on 1 or more characters to get your chances at nidd garbs, as they are very popular and can also turn into Certs - making them easy to sell.

Plan some ET runs with friends, even if you don't finish, it's worth going since every 5 floors is an MVP and a chance at a card.

Now billions.........

Unless you plan to seriously WoE and hold some castles for castle loot, you're going to need to get serious.....(if anything WoE is more serious so this may be better)...find MVPs that have decent regular drops, and cards you really desire to own or sell. Yes, cards are a 0.02% drop, but trust me, camp all of them enough and you will get it in time. You will get a card, and it will be worth a lot if it is the right one - most recently my camped drop has been TG card, once you save up enough, you can buy bloody branches and pop them for more chances at extreme wealth, my most recent for that has been Vesper, which got me 10b, my largest sale ever.

Didn't read the KP shop part, this is not necessary - especially when you get a decent chunk of zeny and can afford the above on a regular basis. The only time I really buy KP is when I actually need(want lol) from there to use or that I think is nifty. I bought a Halloween crate for the headgears, which I got a few of, no selling just use them on various alts, I would say I haven't bought any KP items to sell in over a year....if not more.

Edited by Havenn, 23 October 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#3 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

MVP hunters. Basically MVP cards can make you instant billionaire. But it requires hard work and persistence.

#4 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Or use real cash in game..easier way -_- lot of no-lifers do it.

#5 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well

Kill mvps are the best, but you know it right... you cant kill a mvp with cotton shirt and a main gauche 

My sugestion is do TI, trade the badges for reset stones... 2 TI dones will give it around 6.5m~8m

So till you reach 150 you wil get a lot of zeny and finally you can buy your gears to mvping

So you can make another char that helps you(a tank, a healer)... win again with reset stones

and you will be in a recycle process here

TILL YOU GET THE RIGHT GEARS TO KILL A MVP

lets face it... if youre not planing on spend too much on kafra points this is the only way(someone will talk about investment but i dont approve :P)

#6 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

I tried to camp MVPs in their natural spots, but other than Maya and Pharoah, I have never found any MVP alive . I once found Orc lord but some Shura got it in a blink.

I do want to Camp MVPs with OCA but a lot of people seem to have that idea, as a result I barely find any MVP alive. I am trying to make a Gen to be competitive with MVPing since I dont stand a chance at winning a MVP with a LK/RK.

Is there any regular map where I could farm good objects that sell for a lot ?

Any idea how malengdo works ? Is it profitable ?

#7 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I would say stick to instances then if you want to avoid the comp, Malangdo can be profitable but requires a strong party to complete it.

I would suggest....

Hazy Forest - 30% OCA chance and it is fairly easy to complete and can run it every 2.5 hours.

ET runs - Even if you never ever go, just go and kill GTB and Mistress every week on your new Gen or your RK too, 10% OCA and who knows GTB or Mistress card?!

Niddhoggur - As soon as you get your gene strong, start doing this

Good non-MVP farming spot is:

Morroc - Dimensional Gorge for Diab Ring & Diab Manteau

New World - Scaraba and Dolomedes - Very good card prices right now

#8 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Now that is good info. Specially that on Dimensional Gorge and Hazy Forest. As far as Malengdo goes. My question was regarding enchanting. If I am to use A grade coins or Sea Gods Anger to enchant ?

#9 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

I tried to camp MVPs in their natural spots, but other than Maya and Pharoah, I have never found any MVP alive . I once found Orc lord but some Shura got it in a blink.

I do want to Camp MVPs with OCA but a lot of people seem to have that idea, as a result I barely find any MVP alive. I am trying to make a Gen to be competitive with MVPing since I dont stand a chance at winning a MVP with a LK/RK.

Is there any regular map where I could farm good objects that sell for a lot ?

Any idea how malengdo works ? Is it profitable ?

Valfrejya guild dungeon. Behoder master card worhts like 1b nowadays right? So, its like you're gaining 200k of zenny each time you kill one, if you consider the drop rate is 1/5000.If its double drops+vip+extra vip benefit+gums, gain on average for each monster you kill is around 1 milion zenny.I'm not even mentioning the possible lucky drops you might get from aunoes during the hunt. 

Its a nice way to make billions, certainly not a way to make hundreds of billions.Thats for RMTers,veterans and lucky players i guess.

#10 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hear me out gamers of the planet. The fastest way to make lots of zenies is to buy low and sell high. Upgrades is also a good method to make lots of money. Woe sets cost little to nothing now. You can upgrade them to +9 and sell them for 200m-300mZ each. A few of those can earn you a bil.

Edited by ilovemilk, 23 October 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

i made my first bil (now long spent lol) via a MVP card (Maya) that i got from solo running ET on my Kagerou... tho MVP cards are all about luck... recently ive been farming in scaraba and have gotten 3 Scaraba cards (100-200mil each) and an Imperial Spear (70mil).... i also made 30mil just selling Elu to a buy shop last week... there are plenty of ways to make zeny but you gotta work for it

#12 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Getting billions in this game is so easy with the different methods mentioned in previous posts. However, hunting MvP cards specifically for zeny is not.

#13 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hear me out gamers of the planet. The fastest way to make lots of zenies is to buy low and sell high. Upgrades is also a good method to make lots of money. Woe sets cost little to nothing now. You can upgrade them to +9 and sell them for 200m-300mZ each. A few of those can earn you a bil.

buy low sell high? ragial and forum sniping, wheres fun in that ? does that even feel like "playing" ?

#14 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I'd also like to add that making a pure potter is a good way of making zeny too. Each bomb I make I can profit anywhere from ~10 to 15k per bomb made or more if I made the alcohols myself from farming orcvouchers and buying skele bones. I don't even have good potting gear and I've got a 91% rate.

And considering in a minute I can make somewhere around 60-80 bombs.... you do the math. 600k~800k a min with about a 10% loss, so ~540k-700k

Assuming the low side of 10k per profit: That is what 5.5m every 10 mins min and potentially 8m max if lucky. That's 33m/h min and 48m/h max. Multiply that by 50% if you can sell it for 15k profit each. Not too shabby!

Mind you, it isn't the most entertaining thing to do. It IS a good way to make zeny though. Do it for an hour a day and you'll have a billion zeny in no time (on top of whatever you are actually playing for side zeny)

#15 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

lol most of the items on ragial are overpriced so the only profit you make is from the ocassional "Big Boy item" that goes on sell once a blue moon and even then most of the time those guys have near max zeny so you cant get the item...

#16 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have been buying low and selling high. As I mentioned in the first post - avid merchant. I made close to a billion but it took 3 months time and it was not fun since I was monitoring ragial all the time. That is much harder now as players and specially big timers have reduced in numbers.( In Jan 2013 there used to be >450 shops, now its ~300) Other than that, recent presence of things like CDs, HBPs and Evil marching hat in the K shop have killed the profit capabilities in those items.

For Val Dungeon, Will a guild allow me in ? even if I am not playing WoE for them ? I currently do not meet the WoE standards of any guild that has a castle.

Edited by Xord, 23 October 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#17 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

I can say best way Is mvping. I've been Mvping this year really really hard. Camping 7-10 MVPs, Recently soloing ET 2 times a week, Port Malaya MVPs, BBs and I've gotten a GTB and Lady tanee card and prolly made around 5b in drops. But you really need to take it serious. Yes is frustrating at the begining but getting your 1st MVP card is one of the best things you can experience on this game.

#18 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

I can say best way Is mvping. I've been Mvping this year really really hard. Camping 7-10 MVPs, Recently soloing ET 2 times a week, Port Malaya MVPs, BBs and I've gotten a GTB and Lady tanee card and prolly made around 5b in drops. But you really need to take it serious. Yes is frustrating at the begining but getting your 1st MVP card is one of the best things you can experience on this game.

My god, I have gotten a ton of cards doing the exact same......but I would trade them ALL for those 2! Dream cards! xD

My first was Atroce, so prob not as exciting as your first but I was freakin out lol

Edited by Havenn, 24 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#19 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

If I get a moonlight card, moonlight can have the card back :|

#20 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

That was one of the ones I got Kieri....=[

#21 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

<snip>

1.you must play ro 24 hour

2. you must have strong character

3.play ro and hunt whisper,phen,raydric,zerom for card

4.sell card you get while play ro  you will have 100 million zeny in short time 

happy?

Edited by VolunteerMod09, 24 October 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#22 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Gamerz of the planet hear me out. What you want to do is make about 5-10 Genes. Make five if you're a human and need to sleep. Level them all up to 150/50 and camp each of them at different MVP maps. Set a timer for each of the MVPs your gene is at. I'd recommend using a smartphone to set your timer. Do this 20 hours a day. Sleep for four hours if you're human. Continue with your MVP killings as soon as you wake up. Do this for 2 years and you will be rich.

Pretty easy if you ask me.

Edited by ilovemilk, 24 October 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#23 Aesthetisch

Aesthetisch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Whereas this doesn't apply to all the in-game billionaires but keep in mind some of these players have been playing for years upon years.

And just one lucky drop can make you rich very quickly~

#24 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Gamerz of the planet hear me out. What you want to do is make about 5-10 Genes. Make five if you're a human and need to sleep. Level them all up to 150/50 and camp each of them at different MVP maps. Set a timer for each of the MVPs your gene is at. I'd recommend using a smartphone to set your timer. Do this 20 hours a day. Sleep for four hours if you're human. Continue with your MVP killings as soon as you wake up. Do this for 2 years and you will be rich.

......................*faints*

Whereas this doesn't apply to all the in-game billionaires but keep in mind some of these players have been playing for years upon years.

And just one lucky drop can make you rich very quickly~

That is true, just started playing recently and I'm still holding on to that Phen card I got.  Also, I got a Lucky Box last month and got a Safe Cert, I sold it and managed to get some equips for my Monk (Morpheus Set...not the greatest...but still!)

Also, how good is the Umbala Shaman+Sleeper farming method for making zeny, at least in the short run?

@Xord: CD, HBP and EMH in the cash shop!? When!?

#25 Quetzacoatl

Quetzacoatl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationInferno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

:heh:

Edited by Quetzacoatl, 24 October 2013 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users