Ragnarok Download Problems - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok Download Problems

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sorcie

Sorcie

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

I tried to download Ragnarok Online from the main site, but an error would always pop up, so I decided to get a download from Fileplanet. After 2 days, the game finally downloaded and I installed it, but when I opened the game, it would only show the launcher and wouldn't patch.

After that, I uninstalled the game, thinking to have a broken install.

My question is, is this file broken or have I done something wrong and should I just try downloading again from the main site?

Also, when I did this, I wasn't able to download Gateway nor the RO game from the main site. Now, I do have Gateway installed and can download RO from there, but the download time is slow. Is if turns out that I have a bad install, is there any way to speed up my download time for the Gateway download? Right now, my transfet rate is 1.81kb/sec and it's saying that my download won't be done for 463 hrs...

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

What's the name of the installer from fileplanet? My guess is, it's probably old as the hills, and won't work anymore.

irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches <where you want to get it from

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 October 2010 - 10:10 AM.

#3 Sorcie

Sorcie

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

What's the name of the installer from fileplanet? My guess is, it's probably old as the hills, and won't work anymore.

irowiki.org/Clients_and_Patches <where you want to get it from

iro_ver12.0-full-20081229-1155

...meaning, I guess, that it's old?

Thank you for the site. I'll look up on that now.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Yeah. You need the 13.2 one, as you can't update a pre-renewal client to renewal no matter what.

er, and i gave you the wrong address

irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches is what you want.

#5 Sorcie

Sorcie

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

Yeah. You need the 13.2 one, as you can't update a pre-renewal client to renewal no matter what.

er, and i gave you the wrong address

irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches is what you want.

When I download ones of these clients from this site, I get a "File could not be verified" error. What now?

#6 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

Go get bittorrent and download the bittorrent version.
http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx
The bottom one.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

When I download ones of these clients from this site, I get a "File could not be verified" error. What now?

Where does the "File could not be verified" error come from? Is it a security warning asking if you really want to install it, or the installer detecting file corruption?

I'm not familiar with the wording of the potential messages, so bear with me.

#8 Sorcie

Sorcie

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Where does the "File could not be verified" error come from? Is it a security warning asking if you really want to install it, or the installer detecting file corruption?

I'm not familiar with the wording of the potential messages, so bear with me.

I don't think it was a system warning. I was allowed to download the file, but while the file was downloading, the "File could not be verified" error came up and the download stopped. No security warning came up. Just the error.

#9 MrWednesday

MrWednesday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

I downloaded the 13.2 bit torrent client, installed everything. I start the program and I get the launcher and it won't patch. WTF?? I'm incredibly confused, any help? Same issue Sorcie had to begin with.

#10 elixeus

elixeus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

At this point the game not patching to me sounds like a firewall problem. Alternatively, you can download the files manually and place them in the ragarok online folder, then run the patcher and it should notice the files and use those as if they were downloaded by the patcher itself. It depends on which server you're playing on.

ftp://patch.1.online.ragnarok.warpportal.net/

fpatch is free servers - free2play
patch is premium normal servers - pay2play
sakray is the test server - pay2play
ygg is the test server for renewal - pay2play

Hope this helps...

Edited by elixeus, 08 November 2010 - 05:43 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

I downloaded the 13.2 bit torrent client, installed everything. I start the program and I get the launcher and it won't patch. WTF?? I'm incredibly confused, any help? Same issue Sorcie had to begin with.

Do you get errors, or does it just sit there? If it just sits there, its likely IE not being able to access the internet (open IE, make sure you can get to RO website). If IE works, make sure you don't have any firewalls blocking it. If there are no firewalls blocking it and IE works, try it a few times in case it's just in a bad mood.

#12 Ezot

Ezot

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

i actualy downloaded it from firefox since wen im with IE i cant pause the download and i had little time to be downloading in the beginning... it gave me the same error it was kinda corrrupted. i didnt check windows firewall but it sayed that the windows installer couldn't oppen it so i deleted it and started downloading it from bittorrent i have 3 hash errors but still downloading. should i stop it and start downloading it from the link you gave earlier?: http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

Thanks for listening;
Ezot

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

i actualy downloaded it from firefox since wen im with IE i cant pause the download and i had little time to be downloading in the beginning... it gave me the same error it was kinda corrrupted.

To download better from IE, you can install an add-on that allows you to pause and continue downloads.

http://www.ie7pro.co...php?language=en

Or if you don't want to do anything with your IE, there's always Free Download Manager which can help download the file faster.

#14 Ezot

Ezot

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

it worked with bit torrent but thanks for answering though =)

Friendly;
Ezot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users