Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I can't say i'm all that impressed. I have the more "mature" voice i guess you'd call it. on my female soulmaker. And when she attacks she has 2 sounds she makes. the first is like a "Yah" the second sounds like a squeek toy. Why the heck is she making a squeak noise when she's attacking?

I miss the old voices already.

Does the other female voice do this as well?

Could we have the option of keeping the original voices in?

Edited by Channa, 23 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

According to today's Livestream, those 2 per gender Noel voices aren't the only ones. Seems they're still working on the other voices to be put in.

For now, I have to agree that the two female voices sound pretty bad.  xD  Voice 1 for the male Noel isn't that bad though. I haven't tested Voice 2 for male Noel yet.

#3 Hawkero

Hawkero

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I believe it was said that all the Korean voices would be changed to English, and that keeping both (so that players may have an option to use one over the other) isn't a possiblity. I'm using a male Noel and I'm not digging the new voice all that much. It's not too bad though.

#4 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

my cres sounds like hes grunting pretty hard trying to get his atks off LOL

#5 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't mind some of the voices for the spell calling out as much now. it's the attacks that are bad.  sounds like she is more than a squeaker toy than anything.

The funny thing is she she gets hit it still sounds like the Korean version.  

Wonder if they can just put back the Korean attack voice. lol 

#6 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I miss my old cute voice.   :sob: 

tumblr_mgjlhxAqJZ1rs2yzgo1_500.gif

#7 Amduscias

Amduscias

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

From Zanbee's topic about Noel voiceovers I was under the impression we were going to get samples of the English voices and choose to either change or keep the Korean ones.

I'm not going to lie, my soulmaker's new voice makes me want to quit.

#8 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

OMG

the new voices are UGLY, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE.

I loved when my sm casted sacrifice and you could hear a cute creepy whispering "sacrifice.." and now she's like SACRIFICE YOU MOTHA-_-AS!!. i mean WHY?? WHY.

Oh.. and the "Linkuuuu!" voice!!! That was pretty cute. What was the need of changing the voice, WHY?

America you fail at voiceovering. Bring back the Korean voices

#9 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Man, you guys don't know the pain I've gone through when the patch two weeks ago broke the Korean voice pack for every other class ;_;

#10 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I believe I have Female Voice 2 for my SM, and I swear she literally sounds like a chicken x_x

#11 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

my soulmaker sounds like a mix between a tomboy and a 40yo woman that has been smoking a daily pack of cigarettes since she was 15

did the even hear the original voices before doing this? Do they even know how a noel looks? -.-

Edited by Sehee, 23 October 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#12 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Both the noels I made have different voices, so I've had the chance to listen to both, and I, like all of you, am not impressed at all x_x

Voice 1, when she crafts, its ok, but all she says is 2 words and then giggles, guess I could handle that, but when she casts spells... I'm sitting in my computer chair thinking 'oh god, don't, just... stop" >.<

Voice 2, she won't make a noise when jumping, at all, ever. Her crafting voice is ok~ can handle it, but when she attacks, I get the same reaction I had listening to the Voice 1 x_x In all honesty though, if I had to choose, I'd pick Voice 2 over 1... but there's no way to change our already created noel's voices.

Somebody should go grab 2 females in the office over there, have them voice overlay, and implement it =P would be a neat way to customize our server even further and I'd be willing to bet their voice-overs would sound tens of times better than the new ones we just got =X *just dreaming & hoping here*

#13 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

The only possible explanation I can think of for the squeaky toy noise is that it's supposed to be the soul doll making that noise.  If Crescentias make the squeaky toy noise too, I have absolutely no idea.

I spent like an hour coming to this conclusion after calling my friend over to confirm that it really did sound exactly like a squeaky toy.

#14 Amasaki

Amasaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

OMG
the new voices are UGLY, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE.

I loved when my sm casted sacrifice and you could hear a cute creepy whispering "sacrifice.." and now she's like SACRIFICE YOU MOTHA-_-AS!!. i mean WHY?? WHY.
Oh.. and the "Linkuuuu!" voice!!! That was pretty cute. What was the need of changing the voice, WHY?

America you fail at voiceovering. Bring back the Korean voices

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK.
I SOUND LIKE A HORRIBLY HIGH PITCHED CHIHUAHUA BARKING.

Edited by Amasaki, 24 October 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#15 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

I don't even know how to make that squeaky toy noice with my own voice.  Who would even do that when attacking anyway?

I love my soulmaker, I don't want to go trhough playing her with a horrible voice i can't stand. And no i'm not a person that can play with no sounds on.

#16 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

I have to be honest, but I could only take 16:02 minutes of it before I just shut off voices.  And 5 of that before I just logged out.  No offense to the voice actors, but these voices and ways things are said are not fitting at all.  What you should have done, is listen to how the previous voices were and mimic them as closely as possible.  For example, if a character whispers an attack, then don't scream it to be funny.  And if a character is soft spoken, keep them soft spoken.  Take what they say in the original language and translate that into what you say.  

I'm joining the train of people asking that the old voices be select-able in addition to the new.

Again no insult to the voice over artists, I'm sure you really tried.  But no biscuit.  

#17 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

I miss my cute SM voice.... :p_cry:  she sounds like a grandma now and the more I read these comments the more the noises she makes are sounding like other NON-HUMAN noises.

I don't understand why they had to be changed anyway. Don't the npcs in Elanas all speak some weird greeting in a different language anyway? I always assumed the korean bits my noel said were part of whatever language they speak in Elanas. 

#18 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Lol, for some reason my Noel voices didn't update and they're still Korean.  On the same note though, the loading screens are all just blank white screens... but the game works and the noel voices are still good,so, y'know. : D

But seriously, I coulda sworn there was a topic somewhere with links to files for korean voices, so it's not impossible to just switch the in-game voices back to korean.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Someone pay Zanbee to do a new voice for the Noels with her own! Do it!

#20 ootoro

ootoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Bring back the korean voices until english voices are finished, my noels have 2 voices O.o like some people say, they still have some sounds from the korean voices, if the english voices are not complete, why release them? at least my crescentia is male, and dont sound that bad, but my SM is female i dont wanna use that char anymore for her horrible voice.

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'll do the voices. 

All of them. 

#22 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Simple fix: turn off voices... 

I usually play w/ all sound off on RO2, but turned on effect sounds to see what they did to the voices... NEVER AGAIN!!!

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I understand WarpPortal wanted some of the voices to be funny, but they need to understand that this is what players are going to be hearing for YEARS to come. Please redo the voices to match the original Korean. It was amusing for the first 15 seconds, but now it's gosh darn annoying.

#24 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Should have the community do versions of the voices and pick the options from them. 

#25 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

More like a mouse squeaking............

Seriously. What the heck were they smoking? Poor noels. Poor. My poor sm. I liked that whispering "sacrifice.." and now its..bleh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users