Teach Me! Professor Coffee! The (un)official RO2 raiding guide/hub - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Teach Me! Professor Coffee! The (un)official RO2 raiding guide/hub

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thread is over guys. No more updates.

Next update hopefully coming up this Sunday covering Baphomet's Garden N.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 06 November 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#27 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Uhh.. Question.

iExaUtr.gif

What happens if we already ate the token?

QbRqqf1.gif

^- Do that with the token.

(I know this gif doesn't really apply much, but I really wanted to use it in some form of context)

#28 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

I can't help but hear Leaf Cat talk like this.

#29 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

well it is a great job either way so, great job >=D

#30 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Lets feedback time!

So my intention for the actual boss guides is to have a banner at the beginning of each with short, quick info that people should know about the bosses. Probably not the final thing, but just playing around with ideas tonight:

WO0kVKi.png

It was later brought up to me when asking for feedback from guild mates that it'd be cool to have a "cheat sheet" of the boss' attacks as well. It's a really good idea, however, certain boss banners would then be cluttered with attacks where as others would only have one or two, give or take. I like the idea, but I also don't know how I feel about it being all over the place.

So since I'm writing the guide for you guys, let me know what you want to see.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 06 November 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#31 lalafujinatsu

lalafujinatsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

i wish this could be printed as a book

Edited by lalafujinatsu, 07 November 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#32 AngelusNoctum

AngelusNoctum

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

i wish this could be printed as a book

^ This x1000

#33 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

It would be an interesting read.

There are people who think it is impossible to beat Humbaba N Legit :/

#34 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

Lets feedback time!

So my intention for the actual boss guides is to have a banner at the beginning of each with short, quick info that people should know about the bosses. Probably not the final thing, but just playing around with ideas tonight:

<snip>

It was later brought up to me when asking for feedback from guild mates that it'd be cool to have a "cheat sheet" of the boss' attacks as well. It's a really good idea, however, certain boss banners would then be cluttered with attacks where as others would only have one or two, give or take. I like the idea, but I also don't know how I feel about it being all over the place.

So since I'm writing the guide for you guys, let me know what you want to see.

I love the banner idea! While I agree that a cheat sheet for attacks would be good, I think it'd be better to leave them off the banner, but have them appear as text below - have the post set up with the banner, then an "at at glance" section (with bullet points or so - list view, just give attack type/hp mark), then in-depth (to explain exactly what each attack will be, along with additional information). You could use fancy text formatting for the sections to make things stand out as needed.

#35 lalafujinatsu

lalafujinatsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

maybe adding which hp the boss will do some crucial damage like maybe 600k hp 500k hp so i know the time to tell my party to sanc/deluge together in timing

#36 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Feedback question #2: When I'm making these guides, do you guys want me to post in bulk and put up full raid guides, or would posting individual bosses as they're finished work for everybody?

The former is more helpful as the guide gets updated, but will take me a bit longer to complete each one (especially PvE Arena), so I wouldn't be able to put a reliable timeframe on when I can get each guide up.

As for the later, it's more disjointed and will only give parts of the raid until the entire guide is finished, but it's less load on me and I can put a new one up every few days depending on my schedule.

Just for reference, I got all the information I needed on the two Minotaurs in Bapho Normal tonight, including screenshots, HP markers, and buffs/debuffs. It took about an hour and a half just for the two of them alone. PvE later raids could take a couple of days, so I might have to post bi-weekly if I put full guides up.

Regardless, I still plan to have Bapho N done by this weekend. We'll see what happens with the other guides.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 07 November 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#37 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, if you at least start out posting as you complete the bosses, it gives people the opportunity to provide feedback while in-progress - maybe if there's something that can be added to help flesh out the guide, or clarify things, and so on. At least with the earlier raids, disjointed shouldn't be too much of a problem - I imagine many people right now will be eager for the later raid guides. Might as well make things easier on yourself while figuring things out.

#38 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

PB70mxg.png

iAvoiuO.png

V6l5Ai2.png

Attack Cheat Sheet

• 730k HP- First tornado

• 650k HP- Zadoras enemy NPC spawn

• 450k HP- Hong-I spawns

• 445k HP- Second Tornado

• 180k HP- Third Tornado

Summary

A very simple, introductory fight for newer players to get used to raid mechanics. The fight pretty much boils down to tank and spank until everything is dead, and collect the rewards. 

G7AUIok.png

Aggro Range
An easy to understand concept, but quite frequently forgotten by many players old and new. To make things simple, imagine every boss has a different sized circle around them depending on who you're fighting. As long as you're outside that circle, the boss will not attack as long as you don't initiate battle with it or any adds linked to it. However, once you step inside this circle, the battle will begin regardless of whether or not your party is ready.

QvZGkgg.gif

Running into the aggro range of the boss before everybody is ready is often called "facepulling." Inexperience is forgivable and it will probably happen once or twice, but you continue to do this, you're more than likely to be kicked from your group. Don't let it happen, or don't do it at all and you'll have no problems during the raid.

Enrage Timer
Essentially, this is just a time limit on how long you have to defeat a boss. If you go past this limit, the boss will "enrage," increasing both it's attack and defense power, and often times movement speed, making the fight nearly impossible to complete without starting over.
g1ucf6n.png
If you see this, you're dead.

In other words, this is your DPS check. If you can't get the boss close to, if not completely dead before it enrages, then either your party is doing something wrong or your group is lacking in DPS.

oCQ6Ewb.png
Chong-I's attacks

"Chong-I's Axe flashed for a second"
Indicated by Chong-I roaring, this gives the boss a buff that increases his attack power by 30% for a few seconds.

"Chong-I attacks with an axe imbued with energy"
One of Chong-I's regular attacks. He'll swing his axe at whoever has top threat (or the boss' attention at that time) causing a bleed debuff that deals about 300 points of damage on average every 2 seconds.

"Chung-I's axe emits an energy of destruction"
W7LGBag.png
The only threatening move Chong-I has, and even then it's very simple to avoid. He'll cast a stationary, blue tornado in whatever his current spot is. The tornado will deal strong damage, and place a Curse of Weakness debuff (20% decrease in atk and matk power), and a movement speed decrease on anybody who stands inside of it.

He'll cast this three times during the fight: First at 730k hp, second at 445k hp, and last at 180k hp.

"The ground starts to shake violently"
p8zXzYl.png
Chong-I will strike the ground in front of him, causing both a 50% hit rate decrease debuff and 20% armor rip debuff on everybody in the room.

Summon Zadoras
At about 650k hp, a small, grey lizard enemy will spawn in the arena to assist the boss. Very week and quick to kill. Shortly after this add spawns, Zadorak will spawn in to assist the player.

Summon Hong-I
When Chong-I is down to 450k hp, he'll spawn in Hong-I for assitance. However, this add is a weaker version of the boss version with fewer attacks. Simply have the off tank grab Hong-I when it spawns in.

Strategy
Your group's main tank should focus entirely on Chong-I, while the off tank helps with DPS until the second minotaur spawns. For convinience sake, always have the boss facing away from the raid group. It's not as important for this fight, but for later bosses, it'll be a huge distinguishing factor that determines whether your tank is a good tank or not. Use this time to practice.

Most of Chong-I's attacks are unthreatening, and simply serve as an introduction to dealing with debuffs. In later raids, getting stacked with debuffs could mean life or death, so take advantage of the small DoTs and stat decreases from Chong-I to build awareness of what debuffs you have at what time.

Chong-I will cast the first tornado around 730k hp, and it should only be a threat to melee classes. This is where your main tank will learn, if they don't already know, the concept of pulling bosses and controlling the fight. As long as you have top threat, moving about 15-20 meters away from the boss should be more than enough to pull him out of the tornado so melee classes can continue dealing damage.
There are moments where bosses tend to be finicky though. Sometimes the boss will randomly change aggro for no distinguishable reason even if the MT has top threat, and start attacking one of the melee DPS. If this happens, whoever is targeted should move a bit away from the boss and the aggro should reset back to whoever has top threat at the time. If the boss simply decides not to move, have ranged deal damage while keeping up heals on the melee classes.

At 650k hp, he'll spawn Zadoras into the fight. It's small and weak, and can be taken out fairly easilly if dealt with right away, and it's worth doing so. Eventually, Zadorak will spawn in and assist the player in dealing damage to Chong-I. The damage is extremely minimal, and the friendly NPC won't solo the boss for you. However, what many people overlook, especially those completely new to the fight, is that stacking right underneath Zadorak gives you an enrage buff, which increases your attack power by 100 for a couple of seconds. Maybe not as useful for well geared players, but for those fresh out of RHDs, every little bit of extra DPS helps.

At 450k hp, Chong-I will spawn in Hong-I. As mentioned earlier, it's a weaker version of the real thing, but it can still mess up an inexperienced raid group if not grabbed relatively quickly. Simply have the off tank grab his attention and tank him while the rest of the raid group focuses on one of the minotaurs. It's only move outside of it's auto attack is a slam which will cause both a hit rate debuff and armor rip (extra damage taken). As long as the healers are paying attention to everybody's health and keeping people topped off, it shouldn't be an issue. 

It doesn't matter which one dies first, though clearing the blue minotaur first will remove the barriers blocking the hallways of the map, which is good if you've accidentally locked any of your members out of the room.

Chong-I will do two more tornadoes before the fight is over, one at 445k hp and the last at 180k hp. Just rinse and repeat until he's finally down.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 09 November 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#39 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Myself, being one that hasn't raided before.. I might like to know what kind of items would be advisable to take along like potions, and so forth.

#40 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

If it helps, instead of having PvE N by next week I can make an extra General FAQ "lesson" about Victor's Points and items, and save PvE for maybe a week and a half from now.

#41 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

TkL4eOc.png

DA4DKCG.png

Attack Cheat Sheet
  • 730k HP- First tornado
  • 650k HP- Spawns a group of Savage Brother adds, and a single Savage Bebe
  • 450k HP- Chong-I spawn
  • 445k HP- Second Tornado
  • 180k HP- Third Tornado

Summary

Extremely similar to the Chong-I fight, save for different buffs and debuffs. Where Chong-I focused entirely on increasing it's attack power, Hong-I has many defensive buffs that reduce the damage it takes, so make sure your group has decent DPS to make up for it.

Dqm3Pxx.png

Hong-I's Attacks

"Hong-I's red fur starts to stiffen like steel"
nZsvNOp.png
Hong-I will let out a roar, buffing himself with a 20% increase to his defense rate.

"Hong-I dents the armor with the handle of his axe."
xprfAyg.png
Hong-I will attack the threat holder with the end of his axe, slowing their movement speed by 30%.

"Hong-I's axe releases a strong shock wave"
Hong-I will strike the ground with his axe, putting an armor rip (20% defense rate decrease) debuff on everybody in the party.

"Hong-I swings his axe madly while screaming"
Mjs4OYZ.png
Like Chong-I, Hong-I will create a tornado where he cast this skill. It's smaller than Hong-I's, however, it will slightly move in a circle around the spot it was cast. Standing in the tornado will cause a hemmorhage (bleed) debuff that ticks for about 300 hp every 2 seconds.

Hong-I will cast this tornado three times. First at 750k, second at 445k, and third at 180k.

Roar
Hong-I will roar at the threat holder, with no message indication. This will do no damage, but it'll give them a curse of weakness debuff (20% decrease in atk and matk power), and decrease their movement speed by 50% for a few seconds.

Summon Savage Brother/Bebe
At about 650k hp, Hong-I will summon about 6 or 7 Savage Brothers accompanied by a Savage bebe. The Savage Brothers can deal decent damage if ignored, but like Zadoras, they're pretty weak and can be dealt with fairly quickly.

Defeating the Savage Bebe will cause a friendly Angry Mother Savage NPC to spawn and help with the fight. Shortly after, a second friendly NPC, Furious Henpecked Savage, will spawn in to help as well.

Summon Chong-I
Like with the previous fight, Hong-I will summon a slightly weaker version of Chong-I around 450k to assist in the fight.

Strategy
If you followed the order of this guide and fought Chong-I first, this fight is nearly identical with a few minor changes. Your group should be familiar by now with letting the main tank hold threat and control the positioning on Hong-I while the rest of the group focuses on DPS.

As mentioned at the start of the guide, Hong-I focuses more on defense and damage reduction over dealing more damage to the group, so make sure your group has good DPS. It shouldn't be too big an issue meeting the 10 minute enrage timer unless your group is derping around or just has no main damage dealers at all.

The first tornado will come around the 750k hp mark. It's much smaller than Chong-I's, but it's mobile, and will cause a bleed debuff if you stand in it too long. Hong-I tends to throw a movement speed debuff on you from one of his other attacks right before casting the tornado, so make sure you don't react too late otherwise you'll be eating a bunch of unnecessary damage.

At 650k hp, he'll spawn a set of savage brothers, and a savage bebe. The savage brothers are the bigger threat, and tend to swarm one player as soon as they spawn. An AoE or two should be more than enough to take out the entire pack. If you defeat the savage bebe, the Angry Mother Savage will spawn in and provide extra DPS. Shortly after, the Furious Henpecked Savage will spawn in as well. Just as Zadorak gave the player a 100 attack increase buff, if you stack on the Furious Henpecked Savage, he'll give the player a 150 defense increase buff staying in theme with the fight.

At 450k hp, Chong-I will spawn in to assist Hong-I. Like the previous fight, have the off tank grab Chong-I and tank him off to the side while the rest of the group focuses their DPS on one of the two minotaurs before switching to the other.

Once more, there will be two more tornadoes at 445k hp and 180k hp respectively. It's relatively easy, and if you were able to manage through the Chong-I fight, the Hong-I fight pretty much going through the same motions once more.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 10 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#42 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Aw, those turned out cute! I think that format works really well.

(..also, have to admit, I'm learning a bit, too! Since peoplea in my guild were already partially colo-geared when I first started to raid, I didn't learn/realize quite a few of these mechanics.. bosses died too easily. ._.)

Looking forward to the rest. :D

#43 AsuraStrike

AsuraStrike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationJust a RO Player passing through
  • Server:RO1 - Chaos, RO2 - Odin

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Nice Guide, and the leafcat's comment is funny as well /heh. Can't wait for the rest of your leafcat's comment for the rest of the raids and bosses

#44 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

QvZGkgg.gif

minor typos there ("accidentally" and "inside" are misspelled in the speech bubble)

#45 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

So I went to Bapho-N last night and Chong-l dropped only earrings only whereas Hong-l dropped shoes token and ornament. Maybe they both have a chance to drop the ornament?

#46 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

They do. It's going to take a bunch of runs to get exact information on what drops from each boss, so right now I'll probably focus on the primary drops, or more specifically tokens and weapons on top of guaranteed accessories (example- Chong-I and the first two bosses of PvE always drop accessories no matter what. Everything else is RNG) and work on whether or not they have a chance to drop crafting gear and what recipes later on. I'll add it in, though, so thanks for the info!

As for the rest of the Bapho guide, I have to ask for people to wait a bit longer. It's not as easy as people would think it is to convince people to come waste their time with me gathering information on timers and such. I'll have it done by the end of the week if everything goes well and start working on the items/VP update immediately after before moving onto PvE.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 12 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#47 3083130728143154097

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationhawaii

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

What an amazing guide!

Wow Coffee!!! THANK YOU :D

#48 Yuushiro

Yuushiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

pew pew pew~ :p_laugh:

#49 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

They do. It's going to take a bunch of runs to get exact information on what drops from each boss, so right now I'll probably focus on the primary drops, or more specifically tokens and weapons on top of guaranteed accessories (example- Chong-I and the first two bosses of PvE always drop accessories no matter what. Everything else is RNG) and work on whether or not they have a chance to drop crafting gear and what recipes later on. I'll add it in, though, so thanks for the info!

As for the rest of the Bapho guide, I have to ask for people to wait a bit longer. It's not as easy as people would think it is to convince people to come waste their time with me gathering information on timers and such. I'll have it done by the end of the week if everything goes well and start working on the items/VP update immediately after before moving onto PvE.

Waiting is no problem~ I'd be willing to help gather that information if I'm available.. Feel free to friend me and poke me when I'm around.1

#50 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

It would also be really helpful if you point out what each class would be doing during the raids. For example supports would be healing who etc.
As a newer player, I'd really love to get these learning curves figured out asap >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users