Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Be aware of a Server Maintenance on Friday, 11/8 @ 3PM (-8 UTC) Roserians!

We will be adding in a fixes, November's most voted Costumes, and much more!

Thank you guys for your cooperation.

----

Patch Notes v490

Weekend Free Energy & Refine Event!
For the coming Veteran's Day Weekend, we'll be setting all the Game Arena modes to free energy use!
During this time we have also increased the success rates for refining by 5% for all refining attempts!

Item Mall
We've done some cleaning up and the Item Mall has been reorganized to make it easier to find items that are permanent and common purchases, and any new or items we put up for sales or limited time! Please take the time to review and get familiar with the new organized Item Mall categories and we hope it helps make the experience easier for you.

Lucky Spin
October Set Bonuses are being removed, and the November Lucky Spin items are being put up based on the votes from Facebook!

• Power Costumes (All colors!)
  • Red Samurai Costume
  • Blue Samurai Costume
  • Black Traditional Chinese Outfit

The Lucky Spin is going to be packed with costumes, as there are several colors within the Power Costumes. We've also added the completed JetPacks to some of the color sets that were missing, so now you'll be able to really put that super team together and fight the powers of evil in style as a team!

The Black Traditional Chinese Outfit is also being put up for the first time ever, so be sure to get your hands on it before it is no longer available! Lucky Spin cycle roughly once per month and we start a new vote, keeping the previous voted costumes off for another month. So again, this will be the only opportunity of the year to get the Black Traditional Chinese Outfit!

Game Balances
We have passed the two month mark since the Skill Update and through that time, game play has been under inspection on many level ranges.
Players got a balance shift, so now it's the monster's turn! Be ready for more of a challenge as monster attack powers have been adjusted to be more on par with the new player's growth in strength.
We've also added in the possibility for certain monsters to be able to pierce your defenses, so beware!

Monsters only

• Under level 50 monster changes have reduce changes to help ease the impact, as lower levels have smaller values involved.
  • Attack Power, have been set to scale and increase, more in line with player growth.
  • Accuracy, has been adjusted to grow more in line with players, based on strength and weaknesses of the monster type. Largely amongst monsters it has been weakened to allow for dodge builds to be more viable and have a better effect to PvM.
  • Defense, Magic Defense and Dodge, have been scaled up and to also be more in line with players, based on the strengths and weaknesses of the monster type.
    • For defenses, they've all been pushed up by a noticeable amount, as better combat information has been able to be provided from various game play mechanics.
    • With the improved data, we've been able to better align monster's stats with expectations, however it may prove that some monsters will immediately feel very strong.
    • No monster is without a defensive weakness, and it will stand up well against some of the new mechanics, such as defense piercing, the various debuff (penalty effects) skills that were given to various skill trees choices, and more.

Note: Player generation of accuracy vs dodge is still under review, however a balance solution is close at hand and can be expected before the end of the month.

Game Arena - Dungeons
Monster stats have been also scaled up after the fact to be more challenging for party play.
It was found that some Game Arena modes were not properly adjusted after the skill update, while some were.
The changes should now prove to be more of a challenge and should no longer be a 'walk in the park.'

Client Updates
Added combat check timer, which prevents equipment switches, mounting/driving and ride/trade requests while in combat.  Combat timer is invoked for attacker and target when hostile action occurs (melee, damaging skill or negative status effect applied), and when applying heals/status effects to a friendly target that is in combat.

The cooldown before you can change gear is 10 seconds, once you are out of combat.

Things that put you in to combat

• Attacking a target, with melee or an offensive skill.
  • Being attacked by another player.
    • Yes, we realize this means you can be jumped and not have the ability to swap gears to run away. This would be considered getting "ambushed". Also known as a "surprise attack" or "ganked." In this situation, combat was engaged on you because it was able to be (Generally a PvP zone) and you should be prepared to engage in combat at any time while on these areas. So be sure you are wearing what you want to go to battle with.
  • Supporting a player who is engaged in combat. (Healing or buffing them)

You can still receive buffs and swap gear about, so long as you don't engage in combat. This is purely to stop the 'hot swap' effect mid-combat as we want to see players committed to battle once entered and if you manage to escape combat, only then, when you are safe, may you change gear to better prepare yourself.

Bug Fixes

• Corrected Pirate Spawns have been removed from Orlo
  • Corrected the (null) issue from various set bonuses in crafted equipment.
  • Corrected some typos and misspellings.
  • Corrected the Steampunk Alchemist & Inventor face items positioning.
  • Corrected Luna Clan field monsters from wandering off outside of the room(s).
  • Corrected the Soul Crystal item to be tradable.
  • Corrected access to store from [First Mate] Bighand Jack while on a quest.
  • Corrected synchronization issue with movement speed when overweight with a movement speed status effect applied.
  • Corrected issue with items disappearing when dropped in Game Arena lobby area.
  • Corrected issue with skill timers not being updated/saved when no changes to skill data have occurred.
  • Corrected Skill Point cost for Recovery (Party) & Integrity (Party) - Cleric classes will be given a forced reset and their skill reset skill will be refreshed.
  • Corrected Cadet Uniform issue with legs for females.
  • Corrected Dealer's Influence to apply to party members in range (near the caster)
  • Corrected and improved the zulie amount notifications, when buying/selling from a vend.
    (Will show the correct amount for large zulie purchases and formatting includes comma separations for easier identification of amount involved)

#2 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

keep it simple you know how a friday maint can bring on the doom 

and you guys like a hassle free weekend like the rest of us  :D 

#3 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

We are confident about this one. :ok:

#4 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

keep it simple you know how a friday maint can bring on the doom 

and you guys like a hassle free weekend like the rest of us  :D 

lol Dirty gave e a giggle :D

so is the maintnance time = to the server time (time ect under teh map in top right cnr) always wondered :D and it in middle of the day here in australia ;) i swear it used to be done at night time last time i played

#5 benedict1979

benedict1979

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

hiya shazamo...can u fix what happen with this number... ?? uhm... i'll PM u now... thanks

#6 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Damn those who voted on the Power Suits..

#7 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

lol what suits made it in? and can we swop teh mounts around for some of the other ones in im

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

We are confident about this one. :ok:

Famous last words.

#9 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

lol what suits made it in? and can we swop teh mounts around for some of the other ones in im

* Power Suits

* Red Samurai

* Blue Samurai

as far as I know.

#10 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

* Power Suits

* Red Samurai

* Blue Samurai

as far as I know.

so just trash o well point saved that month :)

#11 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

The Power Costume(All Colors), Red/Blue Samurai Costumes, and the Traditional Chinese Outfit(Black) were the Top 4 most voted for November. :ok:

#12 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

aww no hippie ka ja yey for me this month then so yea i kinda want the hippie one :P

#13 KccPower

KccPower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Shazamoo add the basketball set too! It had like 100 votes last i checked! 100+ ppl are waiting for it seen forever

#14 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

aww no hippie ka ja yey for me this month then so yea i kinda want the hippie one :P

agree'd not all that impressed with any of this mnths costumes atlest the power ranger sets havnt been in for awhile have they......

#15 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have always been on a hiatus when the power suits were in item mall! Finally playing when they come in! :)

#16 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

:[[[ The second kitty costume for this kitty cat kty... ~ 

#17 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Chinese set yyay

#18 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

aww already have the black Chinese set -.- change for hippie set pls aww :P

#19 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Shaz, any chance the bug in HoO will be fixed?

#20 evilfears

evilfears

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

guys can i exchange my IM buff to zulie, prem coins and what so ever? can you please tell me how to so? 

a lot of thanks   :rice:

#21 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Shaz, any chance the bug in HoO will be fixed?

Yes, GA dungeon monsters have been reviewed and adjusted to be more in line with changes following the skill update.  Difficulty may have to be adjusted further following player feedback, but monsters will be notably more difficult than they are currently.

#22 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes, GA dungeon monsters have been reviewed and adjusted to be more in line with changes following the skill update.  Difficulty may have to be adjusted further following player feedback, but monsters will be notably more difficult than they are currently.

O.o dunno what bug it is speak of but mobs in dungon looks fine as it is,whit no cleric it is almost imposible to do dungon only way to make it is if you have crafted buffs and a good team work so way change the mobs? only bug i know of is that sometimes you get kicked out for no reason

#23 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

O.o dunno what bug it is speak of but mobs in dungon looks fine as it is,whit no cleric it is almost imposible to do dungon only way to make it is if you have crafted buffs and a good team work so way change the mobs? only bug i know of is that sometimes you get kicked out for no reason

I'm quite surprised you're able to say that when arcane rift guardian and keeper die in 5 hits.

#24 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'm quite surprised you're able to say that when arcane rift guardian and keeper die in 5 hits.

well as you  know thay nerfed knights ap so it takes me the time as it normal shuld to kill it so what other shul i say

#25 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

There's still other people in your group, unless you've only been doing solo runs for the past weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users