xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'm on a mission to be gear ready once I'm high enough in level to MvP. I thiiiiink as far as general gear, I'm good. I was just hoping to get some advice in what armors would be best to start collecting and why? Would various Valk/Sapha/Nab armor with proper cards be best, or the elemental armors set (such as Aebecee's Raging Typhoon) be better? I'm mostly looking for versatility. I'm also not rich, but I do hope to acquire the best over time as I plan to main a GX now. Thank you in advance for your answers!

#2 MinJo

MinJo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Nifflheim

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

:no1:

#3 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

:no1:

Oh, Grave.  :pif:

#4 MinJo

MinJo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Nifflheim

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

can I answer your question? :gg:

#5 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

No, Mr. Ebil Man!  :p_laugh:  You go wait for me in Niff until I'm 150, then we shall have a little tit for tat, mwhahahaha!

I'm also thinking I'm gonna have to compile my own lists over time, it seems. <_< >_>

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

It depends on the MVP(s) you are going after. Certain MVPs like Stormy Knight would require a wind armor and also a marc card in it, so you would have to use the typhoon [1] armor on that.

It also comes down to gear sharing with other classes. For the cheaper cards like Swordfish, you can probably put it in a Nab's Cloth or Sapha's Cloth. For a more expensive card like Pasana, you may want to share that with other characters so you might want a more universal armor. Valk armor isn't actually really needed in most MVP fights, only the ones where the MVP breaks armor in particular. The reason for its high cost is more because of the cert trade-in.

For PVM / rolling cutter, a porcellio card is pretty good overall, unless you need an elemental armor for the monsters.

A GX is kind of more of a PVP / WoE class though so in the case of MVP-ing gear, I would only recommend buying expensive gear if it can be shared with other classes for now, unless you are at the stage where you use certain specific classes for certain specific MVPs for the most efficiency already.

#7 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

It depends on the MVP(s) you are going after. Certain MVPs like Stormy Knight would require a wind armor and also a marc card in it, so you would have to use the typhoon [1] armor on that.

It also comes down to gear sharing with other classes. For the cheaper cards like Swordfish, you can probably put it in a Nab's Cloth or Sapha's Cloth. For a more expensive card like Pasana, you may want to share that with other characters so you might want a more universal armor. Valk armor isn't actually really needed in most MVP fights, only the ones where the MVP breaks armor in particular. The reason for its high cost is more because of the cert trade-in.

For PVM / rolling cutter, a porcellio card is pretty good overall, unless you need an elemental armor for the monsters.

A GX is kind of more of a PVP / WoE class though so in the case of MVP-ing gear, I would only recommend buying expensive gear if it can be shared with other classes for now, unless you are at the stage where you use certain specific classes for certain specific MVPs for the most efficiency already.

Thank you for your answer. :3

Well, I'm at the beginners stage in MvPing, haven't done it much really. x3 I have thoroughly enjoyed it when I have, but taking out more than Maya on a Wanderer solo just wasn't happening. So I switched mains, and honestly I love this class more than any I have tried now. I'll try to stick to universal armors though in case I make another MvP char. Perhaps collect the elemental set along with some Nabs & Saphas. From the sound of it, my one Valk with porcellio should be fine on a general level.

#8 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Probably won't need the earth one, though. There aren't any MVPs I can think of with powerful earth type attacks. If you need to worry about earthquake, neutral reducts will help there.

Besides armors, don't forget manteaus and element potions. If the monster does not have powerful regular attacks but high powered spells, consider using a specific element manteau rather than the all-around nid/hpb. Waterproof potions are important. They make a world of difference against waterball users, as even 90% reduced waterball from Ktullanux or Drake can kill you.

#9 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think I'm gonna have fun collecting gear. X3 I honestly hadn't considered collecting manteaus, was just going for HBP. Thank you for that. ♥

#10 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I started out MvP-ing with my GXs because i love that class. :rice: I usually go MvP-ing now a days on different chars such as my Genes, Sura and AB, sometimes Maestro for ET. Therefore, i made sure that all my elemental armor were interchangeable between characters.

I would recommend getting:

Unfrozen Wind Armor (Freeze/SG/Waterball)

Unfrozen Water Armor (Freeze/LoV/SG)

Fire Valk Armor (Fire Attacks/Magnum Break)

Undead Valk Armor(Stone Curse/Phreeoni/Osiris)

Holy Valk Armor(Tanking Randgris/Valks) Maybe Not For GX, but needed for Sura/Solo Gene

#11 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the list! 

I actually just got a +8 Fire Armor for pretty cheap. Why would Valk be better for fire VS. the Elemental one? Or is that just for MB?

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Valk Armors are also kind of heavy. If it's a cheaper regular card, I'd put it in a cheaper lighter armor. Some decent choices would be puente robe, glittering jacket, formal suit, divine cloth. It's pretty hard staying under 50% weight when bringing a lot of armors to ET, especially on a 1 STR character and/or a character that does not have gym passes.

For fire armor, I mostly just use my unfrozen lucius [1], which can be shared by all classes and it works fine.

#13 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for the list! 

I actually just got a +8 Fire Armor for pretty cheap. Why would Valk be better for fire VS. the Elemental one? Or is that just for MB?

Doesn't have to be Valk Armors. I just like them cause of the +1 all stats and unbreakability. 

#14 p4r4d0x999

p4r4d0x999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNewerth
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I started out MvP-ing with my GXs because i love that class. :rice: I usually go MvP-ing now a days on different chars such as my Genes, Sura and AB, sometimes Maestro for ET. Therefore, i made sure that all my elemental armor were interchangeable between characters.

I would recommend getting:

Unfrozen Wind Armor (Freeze/SG/Waterball)

Unfrozen Water Armor (Freeze/LoV/SG)

Fire Valk Armor (Fire Attacks/Magnum Break)

Undead Valk Armor(Stone Curse/Phreeoni/Osiris)

Holy Valk Armor(Tanking Randgris/Valks) Maybe Not For GX, but needed for Sura/Solo Gene

Agree with this, these all what you need. But i ma add a little bit.

Wind armor for resisting LoV (Baphomet)

Water armor for resisting Waterballs and Storm Gust (Drake, Hatii, Ktullanux)

Fire armor for resisting MB, Meteor Shower/Storm (Amon Ra)

#15 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Thank you for your answer. :3

Well, I'm at the beginners stage in MvPing, haven't done it much really. x3 I have thoroughly enjoyed it when I have, but taking out more than Maya on a Wanderer solo just wasn't happening. So I switched mains, and honestly I love this class more than any I have tried now. I'll try to stick to universal armors though in case I make another MvP char. Perhaps collect the elemental set along with some Nabs & Saphas. From the sound of it, my one Valk with porcellio should be fine on a general level.

I'm gonna miss your wanderer.  :p_cry:
I used to try to MvP using my performer. 

Spoiler

It was taken long before the server merge. I do have a lot screenies (which was lost after several attempts updating the patcher) of MvP before the balance patch has been updated. The damage of Severe Rainstorm was pretty badass (Even more damage than Arrow Storm then). After that, my maestro has lost it's capability to MvP, thus I'm making a gene. :/

But GX is quite fun for PvM too, due to his backslide versatility.  :ani_slur:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would suggest the slotted elemental armors is the best armor available for MvPing or even PvM (TI, Farming etc). It is so versatile that you can even share it with another characters, instead of slotting the Sapha Armor or Valk Armor which can only be fit by certain classes. I only put Bathory Card to my Sapha Armor since it's cheap. :P

Edited by sedut, 08 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#16 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm jotting this all down.  :p_laugh:

I'm curious about the coupe de grace armor now, Brynhild. By no means can I afford one/make one atm, but would it be an end all of end all armors on MvPs? I figure for WoE & PvP it is. Also what about the Tao Gunka card, what on earth would you even equip that on? xD And is it better than a Brynhild? Because I remember playing with a Bryn during merger and it was preeeetty fine. 

#17 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm jotting this all down.  :p_laugh:

I'm curious about the coupe de grace armor now, Brynhild. By no means can I afford one/make one atm, but would it be an end all of end all armors on MvPs? I figure for WoE & PvP it is. Also what about the Tao Gunka card, what on earth would you even equip that on? xD And is it better than a Brynhild? Because I remember playing with a Bryn during merger and it was preeeetty fine. 

You won't survive for long with a Bryn when MvPing due to lack of elemetal resistance. :P I tried it once using the guild's Bryn and it is quite useless for solo-ing MvP (Use it on my Genetics tho)

Not sure about Tao Gunka Card, never had a chance to tried it on. I know most of the Tao users put them in a slotted fire armor or WoE/PvP armors. But I think (One of my guildies inform me) the Card has been nerfed to reduce 50% MDEF/DEF of the user (Before it was flat 50 MDEF/DEF reduction). Soooo, I would think twice to tank a waterball with it. LOL

#18 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm gonna miss your wanderer.  :p_cry:

Oh she is by no means going poof forever! xD I still love her, and one day I shall regear her when I have the zen. It's just... there I was, geared to the max, tweaked to perfection, etc etc... And I couldn't do anything. -_-; I don't have time to WoE sadly, so I was getting pretty bored, and it felt like a waste. Luckily I fell completely in lurve with GXes. ♥

As for the elemental armors I just have to find a nice Saphien's now. I got lucky because the +8 Fire one also has VIT3. o.o

#19 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

You won't survive for long with a Bryn when MvPing due to lack of elemetal resistance. :P I tried it once using the guild's Bryn and it is quite useless for solo-ing MvP (Use it on my Genetics tho)

Not sure about Tao Gunka Card, never had a chance to tried it on. I know most of the Tao users put them in a slotted fire armor or WoE/PvP armors. But I think (One of my guildies inform me) the Card has been nerfed to reduce 50% MDEF/DEF of the user (Before it was flat 50 MDEF/DEF reduction). Soooo, I would think twice to tank a waterball with it. LOL

xD Oh dear. Welp, I don't think I'll be needing any of those for a long while anyway then! I'd still like a Bryn some day though. \(*-*\) Just because.

#20 p4r4d0x999

p4r4d0x999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNewerth

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

Bryn is too mainstream, you still get frozen and take more damages, 7500 max HP isnt much. You will get one shotted after all, unless you use those elemental armors.

#21 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I like the Brynhild. It's good against monsters that won't one shot you. (Most monsters should not one shot you). Obviously tho if they're a monster that freezes, I'd use some sort of unfrozen.

For monsters that don't freeze or have like level 20 JT or Waterball, I use Bryn, It boosts me to 54k HP on my gx. Then I use the elemental proof potions for any elemental resistance I need. Most commonly these are Fireproof, Coldproof and Thunderproof. If the monster is not oneshotting you with a elemental attack, then for the boosted HP and 10% more damage, a Bryn is actually very good. You can also consider a Glorious suit for more HP as well.

MVPs like Mistress and Drake, you may have to even switch to Alice Shield ontop of those elemental armors to tank their level 20 JT and Waterball, respectively.

#22 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

So! I am necroing this thread because I have been gone for about a year, and I want to work on my GX again. Anything new happen over the past year? Gears, stats, cards. I see "shadow armor" is all the rage.

#23 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

shadow armor is on the "costume" equipments page , so you can still wear whatever armors you used to wear anyway

different shadow sets give different bonuses

examples :

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=341

#24 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Interesting! I need some of those to play with. xD Though honestly I'm disappointed they gave more costumes stat effects.

Edited by xLoli, 29 October 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#25 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

Shadow gears =/= costumes. As you should notice in our status window, the tab is now called "Special Equipment".

Shadow gears do not change your appearance whatsoever. Please think of them as a separate set of equipment. For example, if you look at a shadow weapon, it resembles gauntlets, so you could say they are like inner garments? Or something along those lines.

Shadow gears were made with the intent of giving stat boosts and effects to further enhance your character, not for aesthetic purposes. Of course, the headgear slots remain as costumes.

Saying they're costumes when they don't even change your appearance doesn't make sense at all >_>

If you're referring to other costume headgears though, I agree that it's weird some costumes have effects. Makes people lean towards wearing certain costumes instead...

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 29 October 2014 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users