Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

Said this before, but was ignored.

If all castles dropped the same things (like a God Item Component Box instead of a predetermined god item component) it would make more of an incentive for the large guilds to spread out and take more castles (assuming more castles are available in the first place) and making them weaker at individual castles.
It would also probably pump some money into the smaller guilds who manage to hold a castle, as they then have a chance of getting a valuable component same as everyone else.

Great Idea...

#77 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

If you're looking to fix things, here's my two cents:

1.) Disable WoE temporarily. WoE is the only reason a lot of people still play, but it's safe to say it's pretty broken right now. Disable castles, reset owners, and leave them that way for the time being. Reopen them in a month or two, but at least give everyone the chance to catch up to the people who abused exploits to get to 150.

2.) Turn Yggdrasil back to a test server. Let's face it, Yggdrasil was a flop, unfortunately. I've never seen more than double digit numbers online there on the server select screen, I don't think it's going to grow much more from there. How you handle the characters and effort already put into Yggdrasil is up to you. Merging back into Ymir is an option, but that would probably take an extended maintenance. Just wiping the server is an option as well. Regardless of what you do, put the instant 150/50 NPC back in Yggdrasil, as well as having all items (except MVP cards and God Items) vended again.

3.) Enable WoE on Yggdrasil. One of the reasons many people feel WoE is broken is because of the level difference. If you have WoE on a server with equal gears and equal levels, you'll get much more feedback about what works in Renewal from a long term point of view. Have Yggdrasil WoE times be the same as Ymir WoE times so that guilds can just stick to the same schedule and switch to Yggdrasil for WoE. This way every guild gets to fight on even ground, and everyone can see what WoE will be like once everyone's 150/50, which is more similar to what WoE was pre-renewal. This should help testing exploits, and will surely get rid of alot of the "OMG THIS SKILL ONE SHOTS IT'S OP!" that we're seeing right now.

4.) Make Yggdrasil WoE Count! This would normally go without saying, but I think it should be brought up at this point. To make Ygg WoE count, make it a WPS system. Signups include which Yggdrasil guild goes with which Ymir guild, and which Ygg guild is allied to whom. Then double the points (2pts for getting any number of castles at the end, 6pts for holding for 2 hours). These WPS point tokens then go to the Ymir guild associated with each Ygg guild. That would hopefully make people want to WoE enough to get a good sample size.

5.) Implement more Eden Quests up to 150 on Ymir. Let's face it, one of the other reasons people are quitting is because people now have to level and grind for hours to get back to where they already were. After these Race to 150 events are both completed, implement Eden Quests that will bring you all the way to 150 as you complete all the quests. Grinding by slaughtering monsters is really really easy, in fact, I feel it's TOO easy. When I say easy, I don't mean the rates are too fast, though. I mean that a monkey could level to 150, it takes no thinking at all. "See Mob, Click Mob, Find Next Mob" over and over and over again. It's tedious and boring. Having quests to do to get you to 150 would be helpful to at least alleviate the grind. Asking somebody to kill 500 of a monster to level goes over much better when they know there's some reward at the end of it besides simply getting exp. People need a well defined goal that's within reach from the start to be motivated to level. Telling people "Be higher level so you don't get your ass kicked during WoE" isn't exactly well-defined.

6.) Re-enable Ymir WoE. After testing has been complete, and 150s become more common (shouldn't take too long if the new quests are designed correctly), re-enable WoE fully. Keep it split WoEs, as in WoE2 on Saturday, WoE1 on Wednesday, but open all the realms. Split WoEs induce healthy competition, but competition isn't healthy when it's as lopsided as it is now.

7.) Finally, Advertise! If you want RO to grow, you have to tell people about RO. Right now, iRO's advertisement consists of 100% word of mouth, and listen to what your community is saying to YOU on the forums. If this many people are dissatisfied about the way you're handling things right now, do you really think they're going to suggest iRO to their friends, and try to recruit friends? Word-of-mouth, right now, is the least reliable way for iRO to grow, advertise to draw people in, or you'll be shutting down iRO's servers sooner rather than later.

These ideas should address a lot of the issues people are having with Renewal. Anything else you want to add in should help out, for instance, upping the party member bonus exp, and keeping rates at 2x, as well as some of the other excellent suggestions mentioned in this thread already.

You wanted a plan of attack, Heim. If I was in your position, this is what the basis for my plan.

Edited by Pred, 30 October 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#78 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

Get rid of the dungeon teleport service provider election spam, :) is really annoying

#79 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Stupid crap

If you didn't know, there are other servers besides ymir.
Edit: Meant to edit, not double post >_>

Edited by Rate, 30 October 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#80 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

5.) Implement more Eden Quests up to 150 on Ymir. Let's face it, one of the other reasons people are quitting is because people now have to level and grind for hours to get back to where they already were. After these Race to 150 events are both completed, implement Eden Quests that will bring you all the way to 150 as you complete all the quests. Grinding by slaughtering monsters is really really easy, in fact, I feel it's TOO easy. When I say easy, I don't mean the rates are too fast, though. I mean that a monkey could level to 150, it takes no thinking at all. "See Mob, Click Mob, Find Next Mob" over and over and over again. It's tedious and boring. Having quests to do to get you to 150 would be helpful to at least alleviate the grind. Asking somebody to kill 500 of a monster to level goes over much better when they know there's some reward at the end of it besides simply getting exp. People need a well defined goal that's within reach from the start to be motivated to level. Telling people "Be higher level so you don't get your ass kicked during WoE" isn't exactly well-defined.

Leveling may have been slower pre-renewal, but I'll be damned if Thor's wasn't pretty fun to play in. Kept me on my toes and was a constantly changing playing environment.
Leveling may be 'easier' now but it's certainly nothing I want to do.

I mean, as fun as killing poring-like monsters to 150 might be, it gets old after a while.

You might say, "Well, you did the same thing pre-renewal."

But pre-renewal there was a constant refinement of the character involved for those of us without god-items. I would have a leveling area in mind (High Orcs), and then I would say, okay, I want to level on these on my Crusader, how do I do this? And then I would try out different gear combination and calculate the damage I need to kill them. Then I would refine it until I could kill them efficiently enough to level on them. There is no refinement post-renewal because everything I'm supposed to level on is tailor-made to be killed by my character, and everything I am not supposed to level on doesn't give me experience anyway.

Pre-renewal, stuff you were supposed to level on didn't give you any experience, and so you were forced to constantly try to kill more difficult monsters and balance out your hits/experience. Post renewal if you don't OHKO it, it's either so high of a level you get no experience from it, or you seriously messed up your character.

#81 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

If you didn't know, there are other servers besides ymir.
Edit: Meant to edit, not double post >_>

So just because they forgot to mention Valk invalidates their whole post? I thought there were some good ideas, especially turning Ygg back into a test server. And if you were referring to Ygg and not Valk, Ygg doesn't count. =P It's too new and small.

Edited by ensignfluke, 30 October 2010 - 11:15 PM.

#82 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

You let certain people in certain guilds abuse bugs.
Actually, let me point it out.
You let Insurrection abuse a bug with the Turtle Hat and with the Endless Tower.
Result to that: Plenty of high level, ridiciouls overpowered ppl.

You seem rly smart.

#83 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

im on opposing side but im 100% sure insur lvled legit as in grind like their -_-in lives depend on it lol

#84 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

1-2 hrs a day during exp event (maybe more on a weekend, some days not even lvling at all) + lvling smart + efficient = 130+ ez. like it's really not that hard nor does it take a lot of time. so while some of them got their 130s-150s with spending perhaps a little more time and effort in an EXP event, you will spend 3-4x the amount of time in a non exp event after it's over while they rest of the people dont even need to log on anymore to level cause they played it smart. have fun leveling on a non exp event on maps that will now be crowded as the majority of people level up and head to those maps.

Edited by Andini, 30 October 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#85 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

Ok, I am an old-time player, starting a few months before the second class was introduced. I quitted three/four years ago due to GM's favoritism to a certain guild and horrible response by GM to complaints regarding a certain hackers, who hacked my guild, my account, and more than half of the members in it.

I just came back several months ago. I don't really WoE lately due to RL commitments, so read whatever I write here with lots of grains of salt.

Most previous posters had put their very insightful two cents that you really need to take care of - from exp and drops problems to major bug abuses that was not dealt with promptly, leading to seemingly GM favoritism to a certain alliance. Still, here's my take of current situation:

First, I am quoting from this excellent post:

http://forums.irowik...?t=62244&page=6

Before trans battles lasted longer because killing people outside of gfist was pretty damn hard. You were trying to run them out of potions, and because of the economics of things most people had fat whites with a few yggs. Mastelas weren't sold at an npc and ranked alchemist potions could only be made in singles.

Of course most people were still terrible and died, but the handful of good people in each alliance didn't die until they ran out of potions or got fisted. And there was no real reason for you to have a ghostring, no one really had mvp cards, god items weren't in yet, etc. So it was pretty much a fair fight because you were wearing:

Poo hat
sunglasses [1] of some kind
silk robe [1] with marc card possibly switching to zephyrus silk or ifrit formal
muffler/manteau with raydric or ragamuffin
cranial [guard/buckler/mirror shield]
shoes/boots with matyr (or verit/sohee if you were a monk on defense) / crystal pumps
status weapon/hydra+skel worker weapon/quad dex rod/triple dex staff
nimble gloves / nimble rosaries / npc rosary / str accessory to hit bonus / with a hide accessory to switch to

None of that was expensive or hard to get. Stormgust damage was low enough that having ME wasn't 100% required to push. A lot of the time you didn't have it and would toss up safety walls to not get fisted. You geared to minimize damage taken so that you could last longer with more potions, instead of gearing to not get one hit with no regard to your potion capacity. Oh there were no gym passes too, so a wizard or priest could only hold ~30 white potions unless they wanted to go overweight. There was no recall so you had to organize your warps carefully and coordinate. It also meant you could defend by having guilds planted inside, and then when people died they could organize a counter-push through their own fort to eliminate anyone who happened to make it to the end of the first floor.

Trans and the patches just before/after changed the game immediately by having people who could 4 hit emperiums instead of a well built breaker taking over a minute to break an unguarded emperium. The leaders could then recall anywhere, meaning you had to be a lot less organized and defense was only viable in the final room. People could also one shot each other or come close to it so gearing for minimized potion usage took a backseat for gearing to one shot people or not die in one shot.

Here's the laundry list:
1. WoE was accessible back then. Back when I first started, my level 70s regular wiz was already decent for WOE-ing. Everyone was at the same level with almost same equips. Back then, the two biggies in Chaos were WAVE vs Geffen. But, there are still possibilities of new alliances forming and creating an interesting dynamic in the WoE politics, simply because no alliance is strong enough to completely dominate the server. For instance, GOLD, the third strongest alliance, was in general allying with Geffen in order to block WAVE, and later the Payon Alliance joined the fray. This forced WAVE to actually try to think of new strategies, from expanding to six-guilds alliance, to cultivate new "friendly allies" such as Maelstorm/Hack alliance and Alde Alliance.

Hell, even Love and Peace, a small non-WoE guild, could dominate the MVPs.

In short, WoE was fought between equals. If you stomp on a small alliance, the next thing you know, that small alliance would actually gang up with your rival alliance, causing problems.

Now, with tons of god items and high-end items monopolized by large guilds, not to mention retarded level differences, one alliance, heck actually one guild, is enough to dominate the server. Simply monopolize all god items, not giving any other guild any access to it, then you can trounce the oppositions and do whatever you want.

Fun for them? Yes. Fun for the rest of the server? No.

Of course, when you do the "race to 150," winners will be the ones who have all the god items and mvp cards, which causing the strong guild to be much stronger and the rest remains....

2. Fix the damn lag. When you keep seeing your screen feezing and you end spawning in Kafra with all your pots gone in both WOE and non-WoE, that kills all the fun.

3. Higher exp rate. I don't want this game to be like a pserver, but on the other hand, like everybody else said, when you are forced to grind in places where your chars are overqualified (e.g. warlocks in magmarings), then yeah it is getting tedious. I can understand the logic of exp penalty to force players to spread out, but I think this is kinda overboard.

In addition, get rid of the drop penalty. You can have this when we have a steady influx of new people coming in and that will help them getting some zeny to start the game. Keep in mind, however, that there are very few new players joining in, especially in Ymir.

4. I don't know whether this can be done here, but you need to limit the number of mvp cards/god items that a guild can use in woe. Fighting a guild full of people wearing all high-end items and double-belted RK is not fun, especially when you are wearing +7 silk robes, which was leet five years ago.

To GMs' credits, however, they communicate to players way much better now compared to what they used to. Still, more in-game events/activities won't hurt and if GMs can be more accessible in game, this may improve community much more.

Edited by Hanfeizi, 31 October 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#86 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

Honestly, I for one don't care about GM accessibility as long as the game is running properly and not horrifically unbalanced.

#87 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

1. Increase efficient in lving by either increase exp in party or just make more killcount event and increase monster spawn if no exp event.
2. Balance the skills

CS - increase the cooldown (maybe reduce the dmg by abit too??)
Dragon breathe - Increase cooldown by alot
Gloomy - adjust it to 2x in woe only
Manhold - increase the cooldown or just limit it 1 person / cast
Cannon - increase cooldown (*THIS SKILL CAN BE REDUCED BY GR/DR)
warlock skills - FIX THE GODDAMN CAST TIME!!!!!!

3. OPEN MORE REALMS TILL PPL IS HIGHER LV !!!!!

Edited by s3nd0, 31 October 2010 - 01:08 AM.

#88 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

How sad. Level 80 in renewal is like level 53 pre-renewal. The eden gear IS a nice and helpful thing to get newbies started, and if you were given something equivalent to that pre-renewal, you'd probably be HIGHER than level 53.

Your minstrel leveling spree would have been like levels 46 - 59 pre-renewal in one night. And that's just not impressive.

As Rate said, you are going to be in for a surprise. A nasty surprise.

Oh I see, so you are using your own homemade math. I guess I can't argue with magic pre/post renewal level conversions.

You still can't say leveling to 150 is harder post renewal, because leveling to 150 didn't exist.
And, leveling the same levels (as in the only levels) we had pre-renewal is now much faster post renewal.

Saying level 80 is the new level 40 or 50 might sound nice, but what exactly are you talking about? Total EXP required? Relative strength? Access to content? It's not like we get less skills in renewal or something. A level 99 trans is still a level 99 trans. Now it is significantly easier and faster to achieve. It is true that trans 99 no longer means I can explore almost all of the game's content now, but slack had to be made somewhere to make room

#89 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

2. Balance the skills

CS - increase the cooldown (maybe reduce the dmg by abit too??)
Dragon breathe - Increase cooldown by alot

You are joking right?
I've waited years for a knight to get something decent back after it was nerfed to death some years ago.

Watching acid bomb, EDP, guillotine fist do 10x more damage than my best skill?
The CS/ DB skills boost are long overdue. The knight has got it's bite back after all those years.

Best thing about renewal yet.

#90 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

As much as I like my knight, I would kind of liked to have seen Mechanics get a little something in terms of WoE feasibility. It's like being back at square one with HSCR all over again, which, though powerful only deals about 5k per hit tops once things even out, has a one cell range, and is still countered by every single debuff in the game.

At least my sprite looks pretty cute.

#91 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

It's too early for WoE.

#92 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

1-2 hrs a day during exp event (maybe more on a weekend, some days not even lvling at all) + lvling smart + efficient = 130+ ez. like it's really not that hard nor does it take a lot of time. so while some of them got their 130s-150s with spending perhaps a little more time and effort in an EXP event, you will spend 3-4x the amount of time in a non exp event after it's over while they rest of the people dont even need to log on anymore to level cause they played it smart. have fun leveling on a non exp event on maps that will now be crowded as the majority of people level up and head to those maps.

Depending on the character, you would have to spend 20-30m zeny an hour to lvl the fastest you could, and would still take up to 1 1/2-2 hours a lvl if you don't have one of the better lvling classes.

#93 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Well since many of the players here in the western world like PVP, Class balancing is VERY important. And Gravity KR has shown it is unable to do it well...

Here are 1 example of imbalance:
Vanishing Point from RG does:
(50%*(skill level) + 30%*bash level)*base level/100 = 1200% at 150 with Bash lvl 10.
It has 7 Cell range, no delay or casting time, ASPD spammable all for only 25 SP.

Triangle Shot from Chaser:
250%*b.lvl/100+0.4*(1+j.lvl/100)*AGI*(s.lvl-1) = 915% at 150/50 and 100 AGI.
It has 11 cell range, 2s casting time, 0.5s after cast delay and costs 40 SP and 3 Arrows.

Cross Impact from GX:
1400% 3 cell range, no casting time 0.5s after cast delay for 25 SP.

Hundred Spear from RK:
1250% at 150
it has 1 cell range, 1s casting time, 0.5s after cast delay for 60 SP

Sonic Wave from RK:
1250% at 150
it has 11 cell range, no casting time, 1s after cast delay and 2 second cooldown for 50 SP

Axe Boomerang from Mechanic:
(320+80*s.lvl+2*weight)%*b.lvl/300 = 660% at 150 using a 300 weight Axe
it has 8 cell Range, no casting time, 1s after cast delay, 5s cooldown for 28 SP

Boosted Knuckle from Mechanic:
((400+200*s.lvl+2*Dex)/3)%*b.lvl/100 = 800% at 150 and 100 dex
It has 11 cell range, 0.5s casting time, no delay for 15 SP

Vulcan Arm:
((140*s.lvl+2*Dex)/3)%*b.lvl/100 = 310% at 150 and 100 Dex
It has 13 cell range, no casting time, 0.5s after cast delay for 2 sp and Vulcan Bullet

You can see how Vanishing Point FAR surpasses the others in terms on DPS and cost efficiency. Heim you had a problem with DS being too strong. Now think of a skill that does more than 3x the damage for only about 2x the SP cost on a class that has one of the best HP, Defensive skills, and Attack buffs (Inspiration and Spell Shield can give 460 Equipment attack affected by element and % cards) and access to the best gears in game!!! It has almost no prerequisites or cost compared to something like Triangle Shot which requires Double Strafe 7 and yet triangle shot deals ABYSMAL damage (Edit:Spears>Bows) and DPS compared to this skill. Its 11% chance to knock back doesn't even make up for the Casting time, lower damage or higher skill point cost!

I am not comparing it to 2nd or trans class skills as 3rd class skills should be stronger. Also Warg Strike is no where to be found because kRO recently changed it on their servers.

This is only 1 example!!! There are SO MANY others like Cart Cannon having NO fixed casting time meaning that it can be instant casted something which I know you hate since it has NO delay!!! This is why Genetics with Mjolnir are leveling so damn fast. It a Super strong skill.

Have you seen jRO's skill block? There are VERY good reasons why those skills are disabled!

Many people have been following the renewal tests posted on iROwiki where MANY bugs were reported. We even got some korean players to report them for us. But alas almost none of them were fixed! And are present even now in iRO. When will you fix skills that are supposed to only take element but are also forced neutral (Cart Cannon and Arm Cannon will miss Ghost type monsters even if they use the Spirit element Cannon Ball) or skills that do the opposite (Rapid Smiting, Hell's Gate and Ranger traps will take element even if they are Forced Neutral dealing bonus damage when they aren't supposed to)? It took the Dev 1 year to fix this bug for Killing Stroke, Acid Bomb and Guillotine Fist which shows that they ARE able to fix this. Why haven't they? Because we are more informed we are quite a bit more pestimistic. Heck there are even people who chose not to join iRO because of the recent stuff that happened even though they are not your fault.

Many of the korean players have given up on reporting bugs because they never seem to be fixed and a lot of the players in the western world feel the same. Even I am getting too depressed to create anything remotely as detailed as this anymore or even voice my opinion about bugs and balancing. It just takes too long to find the information and represent it in an easy to understand fashion. And Gravity doing changes and things without communicating to the player community doesn't help, like the MVP exp nerf.

Edited by Clogon, 31 October 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#94 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

As much as I like my knight, I would kind of liked to have seen Mechanics get a little something in terms of WoE feasibility. It's like being back at square one with HSCR all over again, which, though powerful only deals about 5k per hit tops once things even out, has a one cell range, and is still countered by every single debuff in the game.

At least my sprite looks pretty cute.

Sera had a great idea with component boxes dropping from castle treasures. Also, I agree 100% with the mechanic issues. We basically can have all of our skills interrupted, our buffs debuffed, our gears stripped, and a bunch of other things that just make the mechanics a bad choice to bring into a castle over a different class. Meanwhile rogue can full strip, manhole, shadow form...the list goes on.

#95 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

I think skills are not so broken if we consider the max HP a level 150 could get. How are we supposed to kill 40k+ hp players with skills which damage 5k 10k 15k, potting in RO is retarded and it is the main reason why skills need to be way more retarded to successfully kill a player.

I think that what is killing RO WOE are the AOE skills, regularly pre-renewal battles you could "mass" your people without the fear of everybody being one shotted by a single player who doesnt need any support or protection, organize your guild in woe takes time from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and even a single well geared enemy would be cautious if they spot 10 people -mid geared- grouping and instead of trying to solo he would call for help. But right now for a group of people it is impossible to defend effeciently against 2 person, either you put ME to defend yourself of AOE or you pneuma to defend from range but you can't do both and lacking of these protections these days seem really stupid when even range attacks are hitting multiple people now.

I would say, let pneuma stack with ME, so enemies would need to organize themselves to get the wizzards to gabenstein or bring the melee team. I know this would be a HUGE change and maybe a broken one... but right I think it seems like ok.

Another situation that is discouraging people from doing woe is that fighting 99/70 trans class against 130+ 3rd jobs is like fighting 1st jobs against 2nd jobs. The skill strenght difference is huge for the amount of time, zenny and love people had invested on their chars. I could even say is like novices fighting 2nd jobs. I think gravity did a bad move bulling trans class so bad to make them useless and force everybody to level up.

To solve this i would say that the skills damage turn level based. Lets say, a lvl 150 which normally hits for 20k would hit 5k to trans job class, 9k lvl 100-115, 13k 115-130, 17k 130-145 and 20k to 145-150. Just dont let low level people get any bonus on their damage against high level people and i think it would be ok. I dont know if that's possible at all but i think this would prevent guilds to be soloed with a single skill, the enemies just would need to "organize" and take 3 people to kill them. It takes a bit more of effort but i think it is worth it for the sake of the game and battles.

I dont expect this to be taken into consideration, i know it would be huge changes and i dont know how fair people would think this is but anyways, these are my two cents.

#96 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

You are joking right?
I've waited years for a knight to get something decent back after it was nerfed to death some years ago.

The CS/ DB skills boost are long overdue. The knight has got it's bite back after all those years.

I remember reading posts pre renewal how LKs felt like a weak melee character and I was waiting for a post just like this. Good Job! FYI I don't play knight.

#97 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

You are joking right?

Those skills have huge costs, however.

Acid Bombs, EDPs and all your SP. The first two cost money to use, the third usually costs more money as they're spamming SP items.

I watched several LKs kill people with what they had, so I'm not sure where you were going wrong.

#98 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

We fix what is available to fix. The reason we went forward with the launch is that nothing was being reported for WoE imbalances on the test server, so we knew that WoE had to go live to get the feedback we are now, in essence WoE is under test session right now and needs fixed. Along with that fixing many things outside WoE will also get rebalanced.

#99 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

If it is for testing purposes, why were the castles set to 100 econ?

#100 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

All I can say is just return woe to the way is was. If people know how to use there char and ways to get around other peoples skills which most of us do. Then there is np anywhere. Far as cs goes, it beeter not be nerfed any where, I can use the skill now. before it was kinds lame. And with bb not good as it was cs is the best way for us RK to lvl on the high lvl monster with tons of HP. As far as cs in woe, it about time we got a skill that can do some damage without useing god items. yes you need to disable glommy in woe. I know thats a little op for woe. Maybe you can have it with an interuptable cast only in woe. I dont know about dragon breath, I do know that kro nerfed the HP on RK so the damage on db will go down from that. but maybe give it more of a caast time in woe. I think if you nerf cs damage you have to nerf RG and sura damage also. it would only be fare. I know with sura it uses all sp, but its easy to use a yggberry or blue pots. yes I did play a champ in woe, i know how easy it was to get sp back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users