#1 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

From returning myself I've learned there are a lot of changes in the game, and there are more restrictions in some area's, while there's more content in other areas. Here's a few questions that was raised for me, that after a lot of searching and digging I was able to find the answers to questions I had that may help others out. I also added a few questions people have asked me and felt they may need to be listed as well. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, and I'll add/edit it to the list.

1) If I choose a Job class, can I change it later?

Once you choose a job class, that's it. So be sure you do some research on the jobs and their secondary job you can get for them at level 100, have an idea on where you want your toon to go because there's very little 'oops I'm not happy with this set up' wiggle room at this moment.

http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Classes This is a good start to see the job class basic descriptions their skill lists as well as what stats one should focus on for their classes.

2) I don't like my stats/skills how do I change them?

Currently there's only 2 options with this. First is a one time freebie from the Mayor of Junon Darren, once you follow main quest line to where it brings you to Junon Opolis then you can reset your stats/skills once for free. That's the ONLY free player way of changing stats currently. It is a one time deal so you best be sure your happy with it unless you wanna go throwing down some cash. If you are willing to pay money, it's 250 points in the Item Mall for the skill reset book. So roughly it's 2.50$ if your using the US Dollar as your currency.

3) What do the stats mean, how do I know which ones will work for my Job Class?

Here is a link that helps go into more detail: http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Stats

Though here is a general summerized version of them here:

• STR-HP, Def, Weight Limit, AP for Swords/2HandedSwords/Spears/Axes
  • DEX-Dodge,AP for DualSwords/Katars/Bows
  • INT-MP,Magic Resistance, AP for Staffs/Wands
  • CON-Accuracy, Critical, AP for Guns/Launchers
  • CHA-Said to increase Quest rewards, I believe it influences Buff/Heals over INT but not verified yet.
  • SEN-Over all AP and Critical.

4) I can't figure out what this Appraise thing means?

This took me a while to find (As I had a level 50 when I returned and so didn't learn it through the early questline), the forum previously mentioned before goes over it as well. You have to find a Gypsy to appraise items for you. Basically from the looks of it, your toon has figured out some of the bonus stats but not all of them, and you need the gypsy to tell you what other awesome goodies are on it. So if your thinking about not bothering with appraising, take a second thought to it because it may have a really good stat bonus on it you could use.

5) How do I upgrade equiptment and what exactly does it even change other then a (#) at the end of the name?

First if you want to upgrade Armor, you have to buy the upgrade talisman's from an Armor Merchant, Your best bet is to go to a main city for this. I tend to do it in Junon but you can do it in Zant as well. Then you need to go to a WEAPONS Merchant to actually do the upgrade and buy the upgrade talisman's for weapon upgrades. Took me a while to figure this out (yes I'm embarrassed to say I kept trying to figure out why the Armor Merchant wouldn't offer the ability to upgrade before figuring out I had to go to the weapons merchant to actually do it.)

Now you got the items to do it and you know how, but is it worth it? The answer is yes. It brings up the basic defense of the items if they're armor, and the basic attack power if it's a weapon. While it may seem like a little it makes a decent difference in game play. However it does cost a good bit, so I would suggest perhaps trying to find weapons/armor that have some good stat bonus's on them, and upgrade those, rather then upgrading the standard gear sets you can buy from the armor/weapons merchants.

I was able to find a decent upgrade chart to help give an idea on success percentages and other useful information when it comes to upgrading equiptment here: http://rose.irowiki....action#Refining (Note that upgrade is actually referred to as 'Refining' in the wiki. It's the same thing though.)

Here is a list of NPC's that can upgrade/refine and their locations. (I will update them as I learn them)

City of Zant- Raffle (Weapons Merchant)

City of Junon Polis- Crune (Weapons Merchant)

Breezy Hills- Mairath (Weapons Merchant)

Desert City of Muris (Planet Orlo)- Mahyr (Smith)

6) How do I know the level of the monsters I'm fighting and if I can beat them?

The monsters are set up on a color chart, and depending on their difficulty for you personally depends on what color their name is in. Also depending on where they are in your level range, depends on if you are able to get drops and how much experience you can get. Here's a basic chart of what to expect on the colors and what they mean:

• Grey - Levels -20 or less (10% base experience). Not within the leveling range. No drops are obtainable by killing these monsters.
  • Azure - Levels -15 (25% base experience). Not within the leveling range. No drops are obtainable by killing these monsters.
  • Blue - Levels -10 (50% base experience). Not within the leveling range. No drops are obtainable by killing these monsters.
  • Green - Levels -5 (75% base experience). Below the suitable range for leveling. EXP is decreased but drops are still obtainable.
  • Yellow - Player's current level. Most appropriate monsters for a player's level.
  • Orange - Levels +5. Monsters with slight difficulty to kill.
  • Red - Levels +10. Monsters far beyond a player's level range but possible to kill with good skills/eqps/party
  • Pink - Levels +15. Monsters far beyond a player's level range but possible to kill with good skills/eqps/party
  • Purple - Levels +20 or more. Monsters beyond a player's leveling range.

(Note: This is if you are by yourself with no buffs depending upon your class. If you are in a party the chances of taking out monsters of higher levels goes up, as well as depending on what buffs you may have on you.)

If you want to know more about monsters and so on I would check here: http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Monsters

7) How do I see all the stats on an item?

This is fairly simple, just mouse over it and hold down the right mouse button to see any extra stats if it has any. This is very useful when trying to find an items requirements for use as well, as they are usually hidden until you do the right mouse button over them.

8) How do I join party, trade, set up vending, etc?

These are all listed under your basic skills if you haven't found them already. If there are any requirements you have to meet before using, hold the right mouse button over these and it should tell you what you need to do. IF there is a prior requirement needed before you can do it.

9) How do I join a clan/make a clan?

To join a clan you need to speak to members of the clan you want into and they can invite you if they want you. However if you want to make your own you have to go to Junon for that. The clan area is on the west side of the map, you will need to speak Clan Manager Burtland. The requirements is you need to be at least Level 30, it costs 1 Million Zulie, and you cannot already be in a clan.

Oh and a suggestion if you make your own clan, Talk to people first and ask them if they want to join you, rather then just inviting randomly with no warning, as thats rude and very annoying.

10) How do I get people to give me buffs so I can level faster?

This is fairly simple. Politely ask someone who you see carrying a wand. If they don't reply or say no, then move on. Being rude and calling them names is NOT going to help you in looking for buffs from others nearby who witness your 'shining' attitude if you decide to be rude.

11) What the heck does all the lingo and terms mean that people use in Rose???

There's way to much to go and list here, however this page explains it all: http://rose.irowiki....OSE_Terminology

So far this is all that really comes to the top of my head for things I've had problems finding/figuring out, as well as questions I've been asked by other new to the game/returning players such as myself. As things change and update though I will try and update and change this FAQ, Though a VERY good place to keep bookmarked for yourself for future questions that may arise would be:

http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

As well as the Compendium which doesn't have everything but it does have quite a lot, especially for items, crafting, etc:

http://rose.kuro-tejina.com/

Edited by Lunarae, 10 November 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Pretty good info right here.

May I add on the part of the upgrading items, that it is not always the weapon merchant who does the upgrading?

I think in Orlo, it's done by a separate smith, not the weapon merchant. There's also a smith in sikuku ruins and in breezy hills who only do upgrading and repairing.

#3 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Pretty good info right here.

May I add on the part of the upgrading items, that it is not always the weapon merchant who does the upgrading?

I think in Orlo, it's done by a separate smith, not the weapon merchant. There's also a smith in sikuku ruins and in breezy hills who only do upgrading and repairing.

If you can give me the names of the NPC's and their locations I'll defionatly add them. I just put what I knew for sure and tried to not be vague with what info I provided.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

In orlo, desert city of muris, the npc smith Mahyr. He's on the right side of the city on the map.

I'm not sure about the names of the ones in breezy hills and ruins, but the one in breezy hills is located in the small village in the middle of the map, and the one in ruins is on the path when you first enter, before you go in the wooden log.

Edited by jerremy, 10 November 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#5 Lunarae

Lunarae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

In orlo, desert city of muris, the npc smith Mahyr. He's on the right side of the city on the map.

I'm not sure about the names of the ones in breezy hills and ruins, but the one in breezy hills is located in the small village in the middle of the map, and the one in ruins is on the path when you first enter, before you go in the wooden log.

Mkay. The one in Breezy I looked up. I'll add the one in Orlo as well. Dunno bout the ruins one though. my highest level toon is 52 and I don't do much PVP so I'm not familiar with everywhere just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users