Patch Notes v491 at 4:00PM PDT! 11/12/2013 - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v491 at 4:00PM PDT! 11/12/2013

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

i think the developer still forgot the issue of SP(skill points of the cleric issue that we luck 20 skill points, is there anyone of you can answer if you can bring that back to us

#27 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

Dungeon isn't that bad now. I think some of the normal mobs (a type of golem in HoO for example) has too much HP though. It's doable and not as easy as before readjustment

I still think that normal mobs need to have another readjustment. It's really bad for solo people. I know solo isn't that rewarding leveling wise, but it's still too much IMO

a light blue drytail scorpio takes quite a long time to kill by a champion. Sure, I don't use skills nor buff... but I think it shouldn't take that long. I think they have around 20k HP now??

Also, I just noticed that my GA points didn't recover when I'm offline.

Is this supposed to be that way? I thought it recovered even when I was offline

Edited by gnxx, 13 November 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#28 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

i think the developer still forgot the issue of SP(skill points of the cleric issue that we luck 20 skill points, is there anyone of you can answer if you can bring that back to us

thats was lack sorry for the spelling, where is the 20 points we are lacking the past week or the skill points of 20 we lost from the 490 patch...

#29 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Dungeon isn't that bad now. I think some of the normal mobs (a type of golem in HoO for example) has too much HP though. It's doable and not as easy as before readjustment

I still think that normal mobs need to have another readjustment. It's really bad for solo people. I know solo isn't that rewarding leveling wise, but it's still too much IMO

a light blue drytail scorpio takes quite a long time to kill by a champion. Sure, I don't use skills nor buff... but I think it shouldn't take that long. I think they have around 20k HP now??

i agree

i try to kill a skyblue colored terra still it takes long time to kill if with or without mob

GA points dont recover when your offline and only raising up when your online

any developer reading the old patch note

i think no one does read that

you didnt fix anything about cleric from the old buff

its still the same

20points of skill points is still missing

#30 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

20sp aren't missing. They were missing before the v490. That is, clerics were able to get two of the heals without spending any skill points.

#31 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

I feel like it's impossible to solo in orlo now. Im not complaining about the kings, they're fine. They're supposed to be difficult. But the normal mobs shouldn't be as hard. Compared to the mobs in Sikuku Ruins (Pantharis and Tigris), the Orlo mobs (Desert Scavengers) take 2-3x longer to kill. And their yielded exp only differs by 10-15k, which is definitely not worth the time.

I'll take a closer look at Orlo. With the recent mishap, wouldn't be all too surprised if there was something a bit off. :)

10 Skill points. 5 for Recovery (Party) and 5 for Integrity (Party), not 20 and they aren't "missing" you weren't supposed to have them to begin with. Those two skills were not intended to be 'free of SP cost.'

Yes, it is supposed to recover regardless to being online or offline. Can you take a screenshot of before you log off and when you log in to help us verify your report? It isn't happening to me.

#32 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'll take a closer look at Orlo. With the recent mishap, wouldn't be all too surprised if there was something a bit off. :)

27k.gif

#33 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

I like hot swapping for pvp..  but inside the dungeon? I wish you could let us swap equips inside dungeon since hot swapping is intended for pvp... because as a cleric.. I must swap equips to buff equip into def equip since mobs inside dungeon are strong now... We need it.. for members died during combat..  :Emo_14:

#34 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I like hot swapping for pvp..  but inside the dungeon? I wish you could let us swap equips inside dungeon since hot swapping is intended for pvp... because as a cleric.. I must swap equips to buff equip into def equip since mobs inside dungeon are strong now... We need it.. for members died during combat..  :Emo_14:

The idea of 'hot swapping' isn't something we had intended at all. The issue of when you hot swap applies universally. We're not just talking about PvP, though many of you apply it to such. If you have monsters that gang on you unexpectedly because you weren't paying attention, you shouldn't have the right to equip speed gear just to escape safely. It's a part of game play and a mechanic we're going to be making use of in future implementations, with the knowledge you can't 'hot swap' anymore to simply run away, be sure we'll make monster AI take advantage over that.

Likewise it also gives us some interesting options to implement "escape" mechanics via items or skills, as well. :) 5 second +2000 MSPD pill, called "The great escape" which granted, could be abused in so many other situations, but ideas like that come to mind.

#35 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

^

But this is not just about running away from monsters. Ofc before we battle mobs we're going to use def set because we expect that we;re going to fight tough monsters inside the dungeon.. during combat, some members die and what we need to do is resu them and buff them... we have to switch gears to rebuff them and switch again to defend ourselves . we can't switch because the mobs are attacking us(or members - I noticed that even no mobs are attacking me, as long as I am near with the attacking member I'll become in combat).. Yea.. we run away with the members and rebuff.. and have to wait 10sec just to change buff equip again (even no monsters are around us)..how about making it 5 seconds only for monsters/dungeon or at least lower it or maybe if there is no more mobs around in a specific range let us swap gears again??

For other job it's okay because their equips are kinda fix but for us cleric we need it..

Uh,, about the "escape item" thing. Players will just use it to run on their clerics for heal (I'm talking about PVP) and go back for combat again. In the other hand, it would be a big help for players ganging by mobs after resurrection or unexpected spawn of mobs (like SOD). ---and if this thing will be implemented.. I hope it will not become "pay-to-survive"

#36 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

^

But this is not just about running away from monsters. Ofc before we battle mobs we're going to use def set because we expect that we;re going to fight tough monsters inside the dungeon.. during combat, some members die and what we need to do is resu them and buff them... we have to switch gears to rebuff them and switch again to defend ourselves . we can't switch because the mobs are attacking us(or members - I noticed that even no mobs are attacking me, as long as I am near with the attacking member I'll become in combat).. Yea.. we run away with the members and rebuff.. and have to wait 10sec just to change buff equip again (even no monsters are around us)..how about making it 5 seconds only for monsters/dungeon or at least lower it or maybe if there is no more mobs around in a specific range let us swap gears again??

For other job it's okay because their equips are kinda fix but for us cleric we need it..

Uh,, about the "escape item" thing. Players will just use it to run on their clerics for heal (I'm talking about PVP) and go back for combat again. In the other hand, it would be a big help for players ganging by mobs after resurrection or unexpected spawn of mobs (like SOD). ---and if this thing will be implemented.. I hope it will not become "pay-to-survive"

The changing of equipment just to pinch out more is something you'll have to deal with. It is not different in the idea that you are switching to gain benefits mid-combat, which is, at a core, not something we want to see happen. Your build is something to consider and gear is part of that, in how you wish your role to apply. Now you will need to either come up with a sort of hybrid balance between the two or 'min-max' and play to your strengths and be aware of your weakness and perhaps strategically plan how too have someone else protect your weaknesses.

It is what will add a bit of complexity to some classes, more to some than others.

The "great escape" item was just an example, I know very well that an item of that kind of ability would be extremely powerful and very likely heavily abused.

I there's no plans to implement something like that, and even if I did, it wouldn't be without some extreme conditions attached to them.

#37 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

We know that the restriction on gear swapping is due to battles (pvp) that lasts forever and you're encouraging the players to fight when engaged in a fight and not run. But in pvp we don't lose anything when we die, maybe just our egos, whereas in pvm we lose 3% exp. And that 3% is a lot of exp esp at higher levels.

And the idea of a great escape item (which we know will only be available thru IM, perhaps tradeable, but still -_-), would only bring more hatred towards this update (and the devs) because people would think that you changed the game so you could have ways of squeezing $$$ out of them, when this game is supposed to be f2p.

So I suggest (though I know this will probably just be ignored) that instead of restricting gear swapping in all areas, you restrict it only in pvp areas (arenas). As for the pk zones, to make the game more exciting, enable gear swapping but enable the loss of inventory items (equipments) upon death too.

#38 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yes, it is supposed to recover regardless to being online or offline. Can you take a screenshot of before you log off and when you log in to help us verify your report? It isn't happening to me.

It was fixed during my sleep

Probably just my eyes playing trick on me

#39 zTerrorz

zTerrorz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationCologne <3
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

fix bow scout pls :) :p_sleep:

#40 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

fix bow scout pls :) :p_sleep:

I second this :D
Bow scouts are ridiculously weak compared to other classes . For example, the xbow are a defensive version of the bowscouts (I assume since they can equip a shield) yet they have almost the same AP with double the defence. Same with knights, they OP. I think scouts are supposed to deal almost as much damage as a champ,notice the 'almost' , since they got the range advantage(maybe they can and im just not strong enough)

Ps. Fan of bow scouts ( makes you a robin hood) :P

Edited by bl0b, 13 November 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#41 zTerrorz

zTerrorz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationCologne <3

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

I second this :D
Bow scouts are ridiculously weak compared to other classes . For example, the xbow are a defensive version of the bowscouts (I assume since they can equip a shield) yet they have almost the same AP with double the defence. Same with knights, they OP. I think scouts are supposed to deal almost as much damage as a champ,notice the 'almost' , since they got the range advantage(maybe they can and im just not strong enough)

Ps. Fan of bow scouts ( makes you a robin hood) :P

i agree with u

#42 Darkraze

Darkraze

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I feel like it's impossible to solo in orlo now. Im not complaining about the kings, they're fine. They're supposed to be difficult. But the normal mobs shouldn't be as hard. Compared to the mobs in Sikuku Ruins (Pantharis and Tigris), the Orlo mobs (Desert Scavengers) take 2-3x longer to kill. And their yielded exp only differs by 10-15k, which is definitely not worth the time.

True, it is quite difficult to solo in orlo now. Normal mobs should not be this hard to kill.  even with my +15 caliburn, (hoping to find an epic weapon soon) its quite difficult to kill a mob. more so if you only have a +8 or +10 weapon  :p_cry:

#43 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Why do I get the message on the system chat that my ASPD is decreased,when I do one of my champ self buffs?

#44 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

ah yeah, the AP buff from champ. The effect is right (increase AP), but the text sounds wrong

#45 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

We know that the restriction on gear swapping is due to battles (pvp) that lasts forever and you're encouraging the players to fight when engaged in a fight and not run. But in pvp we don't lose anything when we die, maybe just our egos, whereas in pvm we lose 3% exp. And that 3% is a lot of exp esp at higher levels.

And the idea of a great escape item (which we know will only be available thru IM, perhaps tradeable, but still -_-), would only bring more hatred towards this update (and the devs) because people would think that you changed the game so you could have ways of squeezing $$$ out of them, when this game is supposed to be f2p.

So I suggest (though I know this will probably just be ignored) that instead of restricting gear swapping in all areas, you restrict it only in pvp areas (arenas). As for the pk zones, to make the game more exciting, enable gear swapping but enable the loss of inventory items (equipments) upon death too.

You do lose something in PvP though. You lose ground on the overall objective of winning your match.

And at higher levels, I would hope that you've learned by then how to gauge yourself when entering a fight against monsters. :)

To be honest, the idea of a "Great escape" item wouldn't be something I put in to the Item Mall. I'd prefer that be something everyone has access to through hard work and effort, so no one can say it's a matter of money they could escape. I am honestly trying to help create ROSE to being a better play experience where the Item Mall isn't seen as this giant evil money sucking monster, but a convenience factor for those who don't have the time to play as much as others and can afford to spend on some assistance on achieving their goals.

And again, it doesn't make a difference to me regarding the fight being PvP or PvM, the core concept is that you commit to a fight or learn to gauge the outcome. It's a very basic concept I think has been lost, because of the hot-swapping and has shifted the anticipation of risk vs reward, and the emotional response you get of fight or flight, when entering combat. I'm looking to up the involvement ROSE has when you play and perhaps even regain some of the enjoyment, thrill and fun, that was once experienced back in the day. Unfortunately, so much has changed since then, it is no longer even remotely an option to just "make it how it was" anymore.

Why do I get the message on the system chat that my ASPD is decreased,when I do one of my champ self buffs?

Need to know specifics please. Which skill are you casting that's producing that message?

#46 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Need to know specifics please. Which skill are you casting that's producing that message?

It's the AP buff from soldier skill tree. I forgot the name, sorry

Edited by gnxx, 14 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#47 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

You do lose something in PvP though. You lose ground on the overall objective of winning your match.

And at higher levels, I would hope that you've learned by then how to gauge yourself when entering a fight against monsters. :)

To be honest, the idea of a "Great escape" item wouldn't be something I put in to the Item Mall. I'd prefer that be something everyone has access to through hard work and effort, so no one can say it's a matter of money they could escape. I am honestly trying to help create ROSE to being a better play experience where the Item Mall isn't seen as this giant evil money sucking monster, but a convenience factor for those who don't have the time to play as much as others and can afford to spend on some assistance on achieving their goals.

And again, it doesn't make a difference to me regarding the fight being PvP or PvM, the core concept is that you commit to a fight or learn to gauge the outcome. It's a very basic concept I think has been lost, because of the hot-swapping and has shifted the anticipation of risk vs reward, and the emotional response you get of fight or flight, when entering combat. I'm looking to up the involvement ROSE has when you play and perhaps even regain some of the enjoyment, thrill and fun, that was once experienced back in the day. Unfortunately, so much has changed since then, it is no longer even remotely an option to just "make it how it was" anymore.

It's the Power Overflow skill. Everytime I do it, the system chat tells me my Aspd has decreased. Now I actually did check my stats, and my AP does go up, and my Aspd remains unchanged, so it is just a text error.

#48 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

You might want to add the thanksgiving event is active right now~

#49 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

You might want to add the thanksgiving event is active right now~

Is that so... Hmmz

#50 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Is that so... Hmmz

Yes, you can start the quest at the mayor in junon right now, although it seems it doesn't work fairly well once you get to ingredient gathering part of the quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users