#26 Spyclop

Spyclop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The one under a bridge.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

How about two second cast time to make up for the rediculous aoe?

Edited by Spyclop, 13 November 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#27 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

How about put up the other classes a notch instead of nerfing,idk like give them a hush release with 50 sec cooldown  and with a success chance and as you +  the cooldown goes down and the success rate goes up.We were supposed to get new skills anyway,that could be one of them.Too much nerfing around,might as well go the other way.

#28 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

either 1 - reduce range, 2 - reduce duration 3 - reduce targets or 4- remove dash

but at the moment, if they dash into a group and use hush and root, pretty much everyone dies.

i get that WL are useful for breaking though walls of players and to do that you need speed and enough targets/range to ensure casters further away cant revenge attack (ie defi Terms of Service) which is why i personally think reducing duration of root might be best since it means people have a chance of escaping while the WL doesnt get spammed by skills.

#29 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

I find AOE Hush, Root to be perfectly acceptable. Its the class balance that's the real issue. Too many pew pew casters, not enough wack wack warriors. Warlords are extremely ineffective against other melee classes, especially assassins. Why don't you try rolling a melee and killing the Warlords instead of complaining that they actually make it worth playing melee in PvP. I can kill a Warlord incredibly easy with a Berserker while hushed and rooted.

I think the only appropriate reason to take away Hush/Root is if we remove stun effects in general and make them more difficult to pull off in PvP. The real problem is the entire PVP experience relies on not letting the other person play long enough for you to kill them. As long as that's how PvP is played, there needs to be a deterrent against casters who have the range advantage. Adding a cast time will just make the skills completely useless as the Warlord would never be able to cast them.

Reducing Duration of Root will not help. Hush also slows you down to the point you might as well have been rooted.  Dashing and rooting has been a tactic for a Warlord in breaking a wall of casters since SvS was first released. The nice thing now is that you don't have to 0-20 your Warlord to pull it off.

Edited by Cleffy, 13 November 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#30 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

How about put up the other classes a notch instead of nerfing,idk like give them a hush release with 50 sec cooldown  and with a success chance and as you +  the cooldown goes down and the success rate goes up.We were supposed to get new skills anyway,that could be one of them.Too much nerfing around,might as well go the other way.

i think its alot easier to "readjust" some of the skills instead of buffing up everyone else.

otherwise rebalance will be a neverending story.

i also dont think every class needs a anti-hush skill, elem has one and thats fine - but its utterly hard to use with the current radius of OC.

How about two second cast time to make up for the rediculous aoe?

That would suck, its okay that those are instant.

I find AOE Hush, Root to be perfectly acceptable. (...) The real problem is the entire PVP experience relies on not letting the other person play long enough for you to kill them.

So basically the real problem is also the long hush/root duration.

#31 Kazuul

Kazuul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

• OC has a radius of TWENTYONE meters with 16 targets *correct me if I'm wrong*, Terms of Service has a radius of 10 meters with 7 targets.
  • Terms of Service - as it is nowadays - works in ticks (we had our nerf before), so every class with dashes or charges can just escape in between those ticks, sometimes even classes without.
  • You can even use instant casts in between ticks, such as Overbearing Clamor (happens almost everytime i managed to Terms of Service a WL)

Leash, you are wrong. At max lvl of OC (lvl 4 at 89) the stats are:

• -2.5 m/s
  • 91% success rate (ok, it's almost 100%, but we are talking about a lvl 80 skill)
  • 18m radius.
  • 16 sec duration.
  • 13 targets.

So mages (including physic druids) can cast skills like Terms of Service and other AOE's from 20m. If not, we can run and pew pew with instant 30m skills. And defilers have a lot of them!! 

About silencing totems? well, the skill Eliminating Trap of Avengers eliminates not only avenger's traps, but also TOSes (Stiffness and Silence) and the totems at the ground, that are the kind of skills that makes characters good to play.

I'm mystic (not pvp char) and the strategy that I try to follow is no stay in group, maybe in pairs, but I'm not with the whole mage's team. And stay as far as I can from WLs.

I am in agreement with the people who says that OC and Hush makes WL playable in pvp, and not only for their buff's. Warlords must be known as their names say: War-Lords :).

Edited by Kazuul, 14 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#32 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

Leash, you are wrong. At max lvl of OC (lvl 4 at 89) the stats are:

• -2.5 m/s
  • 91% success rate (ok, it's almost 100%, but we are talking about a lvl 80 skill)
  • 18m radius.
  • 16 sec duration.
  • 13 targets.

So mages (including physic druids) can cast skills like Terms of Service and other AOE's from 20m. If not, we can run and pew pew with instant 30m skills. And defilers have a lot of them!! 

About silencing totems? well, the skill Eliminating Trap of Avengers eliminates not only avenger's traps, but also TOSes (Stiffness and Silence) and the totems at the ground, that are the kind of skills that makes characters good to play.

I'm mystic (not pvp char) and the strategy that I try to follow is no stay in group, maybe in pairs, but I'm not with the whole mage's team. And stay as far as I can from WLs.

I am in agreement with the people who says that OC and Hush makes WL playable in pvp, and not only for their buff's. Warlords must be known as their names say: War-Lords :).

thanks for the update.

okay still pretty huge range, make it 12 seconds hush - 15 m range or whatnot and i be happy already.

Physical Druids? They dont exist atm. Instant pew pew skills from defi? That would be Attack of Curse, Bloody Arrow (which are kept at 1) and Rake Nail. Rake Nail being the only decent LR instant attack here.

The avenger skill was intended to do so, OC is not. Its obviously a bug.

Sure not running around with a big group is what i do too, but with that range its hard to avoid being rooted/hushed.

Never would i take away OC and root from WLs, just saying: the duration/range needs to be adjusted.

#33 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Make Terms of Service 10 seconds and 6m radius then. Its a lvl 60 skill, so it must be weaker!

#34 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Make Terms of Service 10 seconds and 6m radius then. Its a lvl 60 skill, so it must be weaker!

its been progressively getting weaker since s1.

and like i say, pretty much all dash classes can escape it.

#35 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Then stop crying about WL skills. You want your lvl 60 skill get stronger than a lvl 80 skill of other class?

Protector: -40% crit debuff for 40 secs is pretty badass too. It has the same radius as OC. Why dont you cry about it too?

#36 Kazuul

Kazuul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

thanks for the update.

okay still pretty huge range, make it 12 seconds hush - 15 m range or whatnot and i be happy already.

Physical Druids? They dont exist atm. Instant pew pew skills from defi? That would be Attack of Curse, Bloody Arrow (which are kept at 1) and Rake Nail. Rake Nail being the only decent LR instant attack here.

The avenger skill was intended to do so, OC is not. Its obviously a bug.

Sure not running around with a big group is what i do too, but with that range its hard to avoid being rooted/hushed.

Never would i take away OC and root from WLs, just saying: the duration/range needs to be adjusted.

You're welcome :)

I agree with you with adjust duration but most of the lvl 80 skills have high ranges.

Yes, you are right, most of druids are more druideles. At least you have 3 skills+ VT with aoe and swift dna's + blood moon (yes, I know that it has 20m, but it's instant), I only have fireball (usually at lvl 1) and flame arrow... That's not the main issue anyways hehe.

Idk how the skill was at start, but maybe is an added effect like Mind Enhancement, which removes OC now. Had GM's announced it? If not, you are right and it's a bug.

#37 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

Then stop crying about WL skills. You want your lvl 60 skill get stronger than a lvl 80 skill of other class?

Protector: -40% crit debuff for 40 secs is pretty badass too. It has the same radius as OC. Why dont you cry about it too?

Noone wants Terms of Service stronger o.o we want WL skills weakened a little, silly. This has nothing to do with the skill level at all.

Regarding your 2nd comment: Because this topic is a WL QQ topic. Sure prot debuff is annoying, but does it lead to sure death? No.

2 pair of shoes, same goes for comparing Terms of Service to OC/root.

Maybe you need to stop whining, im talking about removing like 4 seconds from duration and 3 meters from range. Whats the big deal?

#38 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

This don't make a caster useless.. overbearing clamor do...

With broken morale you can attack, run, chase, just with less chance to perform a critical... this skills isn't unbalanced

Try all this with overbearing clamor... or better... try keep alive

#39 xShadowGigx

xShadowGigx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Warlords are extremely ineffective against other melee classes, especially assassins. Why don't you try rolling a melee and killing the Warlords instead of complaining that they actually make it worth playing melee in PvP. I can kill a Warlord incredibly easy with a Berserker while hushed and rooted.

You say this, so it must be easy right? Why don't i just get rid of all the stuff i worked on for 4 years for my toon just to reroll a melee to kill WL's.

WTT all my gear for LvL 85 WL gear and +30 2H Trinity sword...

Oops.

#40 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

its been progressively getting weaker since s1.

and like i say, pretty much all dash classes can escape it.

Dat invisible Terms of Service. Missed the time when the first one stepping in its radius needed to yell "TRAP" "Terms of Service"

Spoiler
or the whole party would get stunned for 14 seconds and killed by a one man army before knowing what happened.

#41 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Root or OC kills you? Or the casters do? Think again!

Look at the Kill/Deaths of the WL's and see yourself if its overpowered. Have you ever seen a Warlord with 40 kills to 3-4 deaths (except Union Dark Fortress)?

And look at the kill/deaths of Defi's and Druids. So why you still complain?

WARLORD - can rule the war, if he is a teamplayer. Thats the sense behind this character. 

Simple - If he stays aside egoistic and trys to kill 1,2 players - dies less, but he is useless. If he goes in enemy groups to stop them and basically suicides - makes his team win, but dies a lot.

#42 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:- out of order

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

I still say remove hush from OC and just make it a slow xD or just reduce the duration of hush to atleast half and keep the slow effect as it is.

Warlords must be known as their names say: War-Lords :).

Seriously right now they're just Troll-lords.

Have you ever seen a Warlord with 40 kills to 3-4 deaths (except Union Dark Fortress)?

Yep ;] Sure was fun.

Edited by i7thSlayer, 14 November 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#43 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Root or OC kills you? Or the casters do? Think again!

Look at the Kill/Deaths of the WL's and see yourself if its overpowered.

Welp, obviously mainly the players around him do the killing, which is enabled by OC and root.

But thats not really surprising due to battlefields not providing 1 on 1 situations most of the time. If I encounter a WL 1 on 1 im pretty much dead.

I feel like on the battlefield the team with more WLs usally wins. In the end a warlord not being able to kill everything he rooted/hushed doesnt make the skills less overpowered.

We already stated that this is a Warlords job: rushing into a group and disabling them. Which is good.

But reducing the duration/range slightly would at least give people a chance of survival and the battle itself more challenging.

Dat invisible Terms of Service. Missed the time when the first one stepping in its radius needed to yell "TRAP" "Terms of Service"

Spoiler
or the whole party would get stunned for 14 seconds and killed by a one man army before knowing what happened.

good times! :no1:

Edited by Leash, 14 November 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#44 W1lliam

W1lliam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hi everyone.

I would like to add my two cents to the debate.

Before I start I would like to precise that, even if this is my first post on the forum I have been around for five years and I have tried almost all classes on the battlefield.

And my main is a warlord, probably because I like to be insulted by furious casters during battles and recurring "nerf this bastard !" topics in forum.

Point 1 :

I would like to remind you what FoC was before the hush was introduced :

" All in the same group in the middle and all cast aoe's on ourselves so if they try something they die immediately because with a tempest and a mystic we have 10 000 damage per tick of aoe ".

Add a radiant to the equation to be sure they are fully invincible.

Or a tank, since tank party can heal at 2k+, which is completely normal since we don't have a dedicated class for heals. (<= Do I need to precise it's irony ?)

Point 2 :

"Hush disables casters for 16 sec, if I get hushed and rooted I die."

Answers :

Terms of Service : 14 seconds. And please spare the "tick" thing. When you're in a Terms of Service you die, end of the story.

Sleep : 10 seconds

Strange but I don't see anyone complaining about silence trap either.

But I agree on the fact overbearing should not negate the fire/chaos totems effects.

Point 3 :

The nature of the stats themselves in requiem which makes than physical classes are already nerfed compared to casters :

Resistance : Cap : 80% ;

Anecdote :

I'm capped on everything, and what I see is that the majority of casters still hit me for 2k+ on these capped resistances. Sure they don't do more but...

Side effect : Let's keep the possibility to stack all these aoes together. Specially on tempest/mystics.

Defense : estimated cap : around 3600 to negate 80% of damage. But I am not sure there is a proper definite limit.

Anecdote :

Most of the casters are today around 2000 def. Even if in fact I suspect some are capped.

So let us keep a tank PARTY buff which give 2200 (~70% of cap def) and a radiant PARTY buff which gives 1000 so every caster can keep his 5200 def.

Oh, with WL 50% debuff that still makes 2500.

You will note I do not mention mystics totems, class passive buffs, and unique target buffs.

Side effect 1 : with the tank buff only you negate the attack power of all physical DPS.

Tell me which buff on which class adds 50% of resist today please ?

Side effect 2 : it's so easy to stack def than casters PBs on battlefields are unstoppable since no physical dps can harm them. I won't even mention tanks who are in "god mode".

Point 3 conclusion : Luckily hush is here to compensate this lack of balance.

Point 4 :

I am not sure that everyone noticed it but Requiem is a multiplayer game. So "multiplayer" might mean that... Team play during battle is important ?

There are billions way to prevent a warlord from hushing you.

Let's name a few :

Sins

Zerks

Drudrus

Vengers

Rangers

Druids

Any other class with long duration stuns

Great news

You can combine all the stuns !

Anecdote 1 : During FoC battles the team that loses because of the WL of the enemy team just needs 18 minutes to understand that the warlord has to die first.

Anecdote 2 : sins which are the best solution to your problem prefer to play solo because "-_- team eh, I just want kills"

Anecdote 3 : you casters love to move in packs. For me, as a WL, it is as tempting as a group of sheeps can be for a wolf.

Anecdote 4 : Savoura was a pain in the bottom part of my anatomy, regardless of my arsenal.

Solution : during battles, bring your brain with you.

Point 5:

Play elem.

Side effect : gravity please un-nerf elems.

Point 6:

It is funny to see how much casters complain when they have a bad match when they take hush on hush.

But it is also funny to see how they do not complain when they have their beloved meat pack to run for them in the other team, silence or root them, so they can put all their mighty shiny aoes on them and get all the credits.

The WL of the story died a long time ago. No need to thank him. Besides, the other team probably did, calling him n*ob, d*mb, a*shole, and other marks of respect.

Funny to see score tabs at the end of battle too.

When casters end with average K/D scores like 48 - 8 and WLs 5 - 25.

If it can do any good to you hush is a compliment, if you are hushed it is because you are dangerous, be proud of it. We never waste hush on tempests who rush in frontline thinking they are tanks and who insult us every time they die / are silenced.

Point 7 :

You do not have any idea of how much these dash bugs are annoying for us, making us missing roots / hushes or sending us to death after a superman effect.

Answer : Gravity please solve dash bugs so casters can have a legitimate reason to cry.

Conclusion :

You are totally right, you casters are too weak and definitely perform too low during battle so I agree with you, the only thing remaining on the game that could give you trouble or force you to play intelligently must be removed.

I also propose you get your defence and HP doubled while your attack power will be multiplied by three. And that every class which is not a druid, defi, tempest, mystic, rad or saker be banned of battlefields.

Serious conclusion :

I do not really think the hush is a problem since ultimately in every battle I have seen this is the team which has the highest number of dps that wins, regardless of the number of WLs in the other team.

To be really honest the only things I would really tweak are the tank buffs and heals, since the values did not change for a long time and are clearly abusive now that our stuff has evolved. 1k def should be the max on party buff and tank healing for more than 2k should not exist since we have rads for that. The counterpart would be to increase the def of the tank as a class attribute and the values of taunts because... the job of a tank is to be a tank, not to turn all his team into tanks.

Otherwise I would reset the hardcore gauge before every battle, or using a different one, to avoid abuse. Because let's say it clearly, joining with PB 5 is an abuse. PB in battle has to be an award for your ability to escape death, not the mean to give the victory to a team which performs poorly just because one +30 PB can hold all the enemy team alone.

Oh... And I also suggest to implement a kicking solution during battles.

Because I am tired of afk people in FoC and people who dual log to take the flags during dark fortress and bridges of destiny.

And finally, having a system to provide balanced teams would be great too in order to avoids matches like :

6 dps + rad  VS 3 tanks, 1 commie, 2 rads, 1 domi.

6 lvl 90 +30 vs 2 lvl 90+30 + 4 79 with 65 foc gear.

Not even mentionning the unions with levels 20.

I thank you all for your attention and for the time you spent reading these few lines.

Have a great day !

Will.

TL ; DR : if you're too lazy to even bother to read one page of argumentation, do not even post in this topic, you are clearly not competent to participate in a debate about who should be nerfed.

Edited by W1lliam, 14 November 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#45 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

But thats not really surprising due to battlefields not providing 1 on 1 situations most of the time. If I encounter a WL 1 on 1 im pretty much dead.

I feel like on the battlefield the team with more WLs usally wins.

good times! :no1:

And if a warlord encounters physical attackers - he is dead, because they have more stuns, def and so on. Seems like balance doesnt it? Every character has his "easy opponents" and "worst nightmare".

So dont touch OC! This will make WL weak against casters and physical attackers!

And YES i totally agree to the Terms of Service thing with W1lliam - i have 25k HP and 80% Curse Resist, if i am in Terms of Service i still die. Do i cry Defis are OP? No i dont! Just let the game the way it is.

#46 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think a lot of the core problems you are describing are a simple misunderstanding of algebra and numbers by the DEVs. Reducing duration of OC and Root also would have no affect since most people are dead within seconds of being attacked. The damage numbers are ridiculous right now because the devs treated PVE and PVP as separate sections of the game. To add challenge to PVE monsters, they added HP. To make them killable, they added more damage. A very serious look at the numbers would solve a lot of issues with how the game plays.

Another issue is that PVP is meaningless as it is now which is why I hate it so much. All it amounts to is who lets off their You cannot play skill first. Its not an experience at all since at least 1 player cant do anything. Now casters know the pain that I am happy to show them with OC and Root.

Yes reroll a melee, you act like its hard to make a new toon. The devs should be targeting lowering the entry to enjoying and playing the game. Doing this either through a horizontal leveling system or making high level gear more accessible. They should be trying to get $10~$20 a month from a typical user, and $50 at most from an atypical user. Having a user spend over $200 to get decent gear is a barrier of entry many do not even attempt. When they realize its the necessary step to be competitive, they just stop playing.

#47 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

wow i cannot believe i partly read that.

Point 1 :

" All in the same group in the middle and all cast aoe's on ourselves so if they try something they die immediately because with a tempest and a mystic we have 10 000 damage per tick of aoe ".

this part sounds like you will delete your wl if someone would reduce duration and range of OC and co? as if wls will be extinct after a little rebalance.

Point 2 :

Answers :

Terms of Service : 14 seconds. And please spare the "tick" thing. When you're in a Terms of Service you die, end of the story.

And YES i totally agree to the Terms of Service thing with W1lliam - i have 25k HP and 80% Curse Resist, if i am in Terms of Service i still die. Do i cry Defis are OP? No i dont! Just let the game the way it is.

So as a wl - you never were able to escape Terms of Service by charging an other player or a totem? And you were never able to cast OC inbetween those "ticks" (that you dont believe in) to hush the totem itself?
Sorry but if thats true i doubt your ability to speak for your own class and therefor do question the credibility of your "argumentation"

again with the comparisons u.u. you cannot really compare silence trap or sleep or even Terms of Service to OC and root combo.

Point 3 :

(...) melees are weaker than casters QQ (...)

Point 4 :

I am not sure that everyone noticed it but Requiem is a multiplayer game. So "multiplayer" might mean that... Team play during battle is important ?

Anecdote 1 : During FoC battles the team that loses because of the WL of the enemy team just needs 18 minutes to understand that the warlord has to die first. i think most ppl do that already

Anecdote 2 : sins which are the best solution to your problem prefer to play solo because "-_- team eh, I just want kills" true

Anecdote 3 : you casters love to move in packs. For me, as a WL, it is as tempting as a group of sheeps can be for a wolf. easier said then done with dat range.

Anecdote 4 : Savoura was a pain in the bottom part of my anatomy, regardless of my arsenal. well: druids.

Point 5:

Play elem. gravity please un-nerf elems. agreed

Point 6:

It is funny to see how much casters complain when they have a bad match when they take hush on hush.

But it is also funny to see how they do not complain when they have their beloved meat pack to run for them in the other team, silence or root them, so they can put all their mighty shiny aoes on them and get all the credits. The WL of the story died a long time ago. No need to thank him. Besides, the other team probably did, calling him n*ob, d*mb, a*shole, and other marks of respect.

surely people appreciate a WL in their team but hate them on the opposite team, wonder why that is...

When casters end with average K/D scores like 48 - 8 and WLs 5 - 25. again, just because you cannot kill all you rooted/hushed doesnt mean the skills are ok the way they are now.

If it can do any good to you hush is a compliment, if you are hushed it is because you are dangerous, be proud of it. We never waste hush on tempests who rush in frontline thinking they are tanks and who insult us every time they die / are silenced. i feel like wls hush pretty much everything, its not like they have much of a chance with that range.

Point 7 :

You do not have any idea of how much these dash bugs are annoying for us, making us missing roots / hushes or sending us to death after a superman effect.

Answer : Gravity please solve dash bugs. agreed

#48 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:- out of order

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi everyone.

My 2 freakin' cents!

Before I start I would like to precise that, even if this is my first post on the forum I have been around for five years and I have tried almost all classes on the battlefield.

And my main is a warlord, probably because I like to be insulted by furious casters during battles and recurring "nerf this bastard !" topics in forum.

Point 1 :

Add a radiant to the equation to be sure they are fully invincible.

Or a tank, since tank party can heal at 2k+, which is completely normal since we don't have a dedicated class for heals. (<= Do I need to precise it's irony ?)

Point 2 :

Answers :

But I agree on the fact overbearing should not negate the fire/chaos totems effects.

Point 3 :

The nature of the stats themselves in requiem which makes than physical classes are already nerfed compared to casters :

Resistance : Cap : 80% ;

casters with cap def, high hp, can't do nothing

Point 4 :

Let's name a few :

Sins

Zerks

Drudrus

Vengers

Rangers

Druids

Any other class with long duration stuns

Great news

You can combine all the stuns !

2 cents gone to waste!

Solution : during battles, bring your brain with you.

Point 5:

Play elem.

Side effect : gravity please un-nerf elems.

Point 6:

But it is also funny to see how they do not complain when they have their beloved meat pack to run for them in the other team, silence or root them, so they can put all their mighty shiny aoes on them and get all the credits.

The WL of the story died a long time ago. No need to thank him. Besides, the other team probably did, calling him n*ob, d*mb, a*shole, and other marks of respect.

When casters end with average K/D scores like 48 - 8 and WLs 5 - 25.

If it can do any good to you hush is a compliment, if you are hushed it is because you are dangerous, be proud of it. We never waste hush on tempests who rush in frontline thinking they are tanks and who insult us every time they die / are silenced.

Point 7 :

Answer : Gravity please solve dash bugs so casters can have a legitimate reason to cry.

Confusion :

You are totally right, you casters are too weak and definitely perform too low during battle so I agree with you, the only thing remaining on the game that could give you trouble or force you to play intelligently must be removed.

I also propose you get your defence and HP doubled while your attack power will be multiplied by three. And that every class which is not a druid, defi, tempest, mystic, rad or saker be banned of battlefields.

Serious confusion :

I do not really think the hush is a problem since ultimately in every battle I have seen this is the team which has the highest number of dps that wins, regardless of the number of WLs in the other team.

To be really honest the only things I would really tweak are the tank buffs and heals, since the values did not change for a long time and are clearly abusive now that our stuff has evolved. 1k def should be the max on party buff and tank healing for more than 2k should not exist since we have rads for that. The counterpart would be to increase the def of the tank as a class attribute and the values of taunts because... the job of a tank is to be a tank, not to turn all his team into tanks.

Otherwise I would reset the hardcore gauge before every battle, or using a different one, to avoid abuse. Because let's say it clearly, joining with PB 5 is an abuse. PB in battle has to be an award for your ability to escape death, not the mean to give the victory to a team which performs poorly just because one +30 PB can hold all the enemy team alone.

Oh... And I also suggest to implement a kicking solution during battles.

Because I am tired of afk people in FoC and people who dual log to take the flags during dark fortress and bridges of destiny.

And finally, having a system to provide balanced teams would be great too in order to avoids matches like :

6 dps + rad  VS 3 tanks, 1 commie, 2 rads, 1 domi.

6 lvl 90 +30 vs 2 lvl 90+30 + 4 79 with 65 foc gear.

Not even mentionning the unions with levels 20.

That's a lot of 2 cents there. Looks more like 2 grand! I was literally expecting 2 cents! Nvm! u can escape Terms of Service, i did it myself many times even without dashing into a totem or something(maybe because i was nearly out of its range)

True with such high def it is kinda hard to kill a caster, when it's in a group, but 1 vs 1 shouldn't be much a problem.

As for elem yeah would be great if they un-nerf them, but if u know how to play it can be a kick ass.

Out to point 6 - Well DUH! instead of just dash > hush > root and run back, try kill someone who's hushed/root or strike a melee

Point 7 - Watching a WL so HIGH  has always been an interesting and entertaining picture!

And if a warlord encounters physical attackers - he is dead, because they have more stuns, def and so on. Seems like balance doesnt it? Every character has his "easy opponents" and "worst nightmare".

So dont touch OC! This will make WL weak against casters and physical attackers!

What if there are other caster's AoEs under ur nose?  And how will OC make u weak against melee? Anything other then commy/prot, wl, druid andavenger should have less def.

Edited by i7thSlayer, 14 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#49 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

It takes playing a WL to understand why its weak verse other melee. Protector, Commander, and Druid outlast us. Assassin and Berserker out damage us. WL only has 2 stuns that lasts 1 second.

Edited by Cleffy, 14 November 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#50 Mayo

Mayo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1676 posts
  • Server:Valdesermine

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Very good writeup and glad i read that, u have some very valid points and i agree on most of them. i dont think its rly the problem of the skill itself but how ppl play when it happens.. i just learned from reading this thread that i can dash out of that?! i didnt know that! i figured that was the end of that respawn when i get Terms of Service'd! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users