• 14 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

PVP Katar Raider Guide

Stats:

STR:

This Stat should be used to increase AP, DEF and HP slightly.

Since your main-defense is dodge and you don’t have very high health anyways, you shouldnt use this stat to get a high defense and health.

DEX:

This is your main stat. It increases your AP and dodge most. That doesn’t mean this stat needs to be your highest stat because you can balance it with your gear and accessoires.

INT:

As Katar Raider you dont need this stat. It just gives you slightly more M-Def and MP.

Your dodge is more important than a higher M-Def.

CON:

This is a very important stat and should be your second highest stat in your build.

For now you dont need this stat to be very high, because dodge isnt that high.

I would recommend a general amount of 250-280.

CHA:

Since the Skill-Update this stat can be powerfull. This stat increases your selfbuffs and your debuffs. (For a selfbuff pvp build I would recommend a general amount of 100-150)

SEN:

SEN increases your critical rating. As Katar Raider you add 100% damage to your critical hits. That means that you don’t need very high attack power to do a lot of damage.

My suggestions for Statbuilds (each build is for full buffed PVP):

Game Arena (Crystal Defender) or War (TG)

STR:   15

DEX:  300

INT:     15

CON:  265

CHA:  27

SEN:  280

War pvp 1v1 or War (TG)

STR:   17

DEX:  350

INT:     15

CON:  250

CHA: 37

SEN:  230

CHA Build (Tested, Result: bad ;) )

STR: 25, DEX: 300, INT: 15, CON: 300, CHA: 200, SEN: 100

Notice:

The best everyone can do is to create their own style of build.

But these may help you to get ideas. More important than the stat or skill build is how you use your skills and food in a pvp (you only get that by practicing practicing and practicing)

The Crit-System (How I understand it)

The critical rating is a rate to calculate your chances to make a crit hit against your opponent.

You can see your critical rating by moving your mouse over the crit-field in your charachter window.

This is a small and easy math how I understand the critical system is working now.

To make it easy: 1000 critical rating is a 50% chance to make a critical hit.

(In real something about 12xx is the right amount to calculate with.)

Yourself:

2000 critical rating

50% chance to crit

Your opoonent:

1500 critical rating

50% chance of crit.

Your chances to do a critical hit now are:

2000 – 1500  = 500 ~ That means you have a chance to make a crit hit by: 25%

Each 4th hit is a critical hit.

That means the more critical rating you have, the more critical hits you do or the more hits you prevent to be critical.

Please correct me if I am totally wrong!

Skill Build:

This is just a guide to give you an idea how it could look like:

Common:                                     

hKTM.png

Melee:                                                 

hKTq.png

Raider:

hKUI.png

I choosed to give Mystic Knife only 3 Points to max out the sprint passive in the common tab.

This more movement speed allowes you to run away quick in a difficult situation.

Unique:

I would recommend to get Fury Tome (5% AP, 15% Aspeed) and Wired Tome (5% Dodge rate, 15% Aspeed) as the new Item Mall passives.

Also i would recomment using the (PVP) Screw Attack Skill because it has a 10% critical down debuff.

Notice:

The best everyone can do is to create their own style of build.

But these may help you to get ideas. More important than the stat or skill build is how you use your skills and food in a pvp (you only get that by practicing practicing and practicing)

Gear and Accessoires:

As Clothes I would recommend a Glorious Raptor Set. This gives you the most accuracy and dodge.

As Backshield I would recommend a Raptor Backshield with a high Dura (more Dodge)

As Mask I would recommend Oro’s Present or Mask of Lies (because of the movement speed)

As Accessoires I would recommend to use Lava, Typhoon or Arua/Hebarn Set.

As Gems I would recommend Moonstone 7, Tanzanite 7, Peridot 7 or Sunstone 7.

As Substat I would recomment 60dodge/40ms and 50accuracy/40crit.

Q: Why not getting the stun?

A: The intention behind the skill is to stun and run away. But the sleep is more usefull because it is 3seconds more than the stun. Also it costs too much skill points to get this stun and the IM skill with 10% crit down which is overall more powerfull.

Q: Why not getting burn?

A: The burn is really strong when using it continuously (and not forget the other debuffs your opponent should have continuously). That means that you only spam skills to your opponent, but your melee attack hurts your opponent more because of your high attack speed. Even though in a GA match or in a TG war you cannot hit all the time on the same char. So a poison of 30seconds is much better and you can focus more on your other debuffs.

For a selfbuff-pvp burn is very usefull and should be taken.

*** Update to Patch v493 ***

I just tested the increase of the crit-selfbuff to 25%.

It is a really nice critical boost. (Much more than any cleric buffs.) But the big problem on that selfbuff is, that you have 20seconds of none crit-buff while in a war/cd/1v1. In that 20seconds you get really high damage and loose.

I recommend this self-buff only for a self-buff pvp build.

*** Update Stat Builds ***

I just updated the stat Builds to fit more to the current dodge/accuracy and will do more testing after the comming dodge-update. I also removed the description to the stats-builds, because in combination with the top-text you know how they should work ;)

Edited by craps, 03 December 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#2 craps

craps

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

:questionmark:

#3 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Good stuff :ok: Hopefully this can help players in the coming future.

#4 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

This is a nice guide, i'm sure it will help some newbies.

However just to mention it: It Highly depends on your gears, you can have a completely different build if your gear matches to it.

#5 KccPower

KccPower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Nice post.. i would try it when i build a raider..

#6 y0bveb

y0bveb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

would like to ask a question...why not get the dex training and hawkers guile skill?? whats the suggested accuracy for raiders now, is 2k accu enough??... and also after the dodge/accu update, dodge still not work that much...thats what i see.. ;D

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

would like to ask a question...why not get the dex training and hawkers guile skill?? whats the suggested accuracy for raiders now, is 2k accu enough??... and also after the dodge/accu update, dodge still not work that much...thats what i see.. ;D

Firstly, the build is already at a lack of skill points, so there aren't really any points to get the dex training. Also, hawkers guile only adds a lot of dex if your cha is high.

#8 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

I get a little more str than that

not a ton, but the earlier points cost very little sp for some ap and hp

#9 SoLoPK

SoLoPK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Updade? with new skill/stats? :) thank you or this build still work on new stats machine?

#10 craps

craps

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

yes I will update it soon

#11 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi craps,

first of all awesome that you worked this out - here some correction and answers to questions:

1. Crit-formula: AttackerCriticalChance = (AttackerCriticalRating - DefenderCriticalRating) / AttackerBaseCriticalRating * 100 then the game makes a random roll to decide if you crit or not (ofc the number you get out of the formula = capped at 50%)

2. you probably missunderstood the charm build on pvp katar raider - it works like this: you higher your charm to make acc and crit down more effectively which means you will automatically win the "crit" duel vs other raider. your mistake was increasing charm on cost of lowering your crit which is wrong. since we don't have enaugh points to learn screw attack we have to go charm+maxed katar upper in that build to simply outcrit the opponent - any high charm burn build work bad atm because the burn damage is just way too low in general at the moment!

3. whyever im not able to open your images -.-

4. skipping the stun totally is wrong in my opinion - i got mine at lvl 1 and it's more than worth it in my opinion - as sleep just lvl 1 ... in general i always max out skills only if their debuff effects get stronger (like blind from -5%+XX acc to -10%+xx acc) - as you pointed out stuns sleeps or any skills that you use LOWER your damage output - they are mainly used defensively like the blind on a berserked sword champ before he silences you or the crit down which is essential for 1on1 situations vs other raiders. (skip screw attack instead - the points you have to invest in it are way better invested in 1stun + tons of passives)

5. all 3 new "stacking" passives are absolutly must haves and even raider's accordance (unique skill) should be 1st priority on your list.

6. I would love if you write a bit more about items - i totally miss 4leaf clover starglasses rat tail etc in your list as the substats - which advantages and disadvantages like 60 40 decent in wars or 25 / 50 very strong vs champs mages bourgs artis and clerics etc...=)

Edited by matthiashornauer, 15 April 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#12 deathy527

deathy527

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi, Please fix the skill build because I think we can't view it. I am scared to place my skill points and I haven't played this game in years!

#13 Denaomina

Denaomina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Leo

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hopefully someone will share their Katar tree build and recommended stats distrobution.  I too am returning with a katar and cleric and both seem to have been changed.  The cleric seems to be INT / CHA and someone posted a tree build for support so that helped.    My hope is one of the experts on here would share a few screen shots of a katar skill tree build that seems to work well with the new skills. 

Both my toons are currently 221 so will have the cleric follow the katar around while i level those last levels.  But main focus on the katar will be pvp.

Edited by Denaomina, 27 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#14 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

I would totally wreck anyone with these builds.

#15 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

not me tho :P (not saying i use w/e he suggested)

#16 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

Skill build which I find extremely effective in Katar v Katar and It works great vs all.

Lvl 230

Common:

Quick Reflexes 5sp l Combat Mastery 5sp l Second Sight 1sp

Melee:

Katar Training 5sp l Cunning 5sp l Katar Swiftness 5sp l Sharpened Blades 5sp l Critical Strikes 5sp l Katar Upper 5sp l Double Slash 5sp l Stealth 5sp l Blind 5sp

Raider:

Katar Training 5sp l Cunning 5sp l Raiders Reflexes 5sp l Katar Swiftness 5sp l Sharpened Blades 5sp l Critical Strike 5sp l Raiders Haste 5sp l Adrenaline Rush 5sp l
Critical Accordance 5sp l Vicious Accordance 5sp l Triple Slash 5sp l Sucker Punch 5sp l Cloaking 5sp l

Unique:

Fury l Wired l Raiders Accordance

-Some players like to use Mystic knife also, or 1sp on cloaking/stun. But for me personally I have adapted to this skill build the best. There are some Katars that take Mystic knife to sleep their opponent when their hp gets low to buy some heal time(I consider that a nooby move in 1v1 so I don't do it). Anyway, This is another option for some players to use.

#17 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

I would like to add that 1vs1 build and war build are two diff things

Having sleep and stun is a big plus for assisting your team in wars.

#18 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hmm..sorry craps, I was just reading my post in here and it sounded insulting. Thank you for your guide and sorry if I sounded rude in any of my post.

#19 seafire

seafire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkei

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Show your respect to this kind of help ^^ 

You are a good one Leenyyyyy

#20 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Show your respect to this kind of help ^^ 

You are a good one Leenyyyyy

of course :)

#21 Randyruan

Randyruan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

What is the difference between fury and fury Tome?

#22 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Don't bother 100% outdated just go here for help or send me a private message

http://forums.warppo...pdated-3192015/

#23 BonitaAngelitax