7 replies to this topic

#1 VIICloudStrife

VIICloudStrife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hey guys,

Returning player and new to third job classes.

I'm champion lvl 98 and job 50 and wandering what stat and skill builds are suggested for sura?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

#2 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

sura are pretty -_-ty in pvm so you dont need to really worry about your skill build since all the combo skills are worthless and the aoes are -_-. the only skills youre going to use to level to 150 are snap and mental strength. the only build you can really go is gfist/gates of hell build for woe/pvp. just tank parties to 150 or mvp with gfist to level. skyblow is completely worthless as it only does 2-3k dmg and rampage blaster has a horrible cooldown so dont expect anything out of it other then like a small burst of 30-40k aoe dmg with alot of downtime in between. when trying to figure out what to do with all the extra points on champ, dont sweat it cuz all the combos suck so you can dump into anything.

high STR (for gfist dmg) high INT (for gfist dmg) high VIT (for status immunity and survivability) high DEX (for landing punches)

skills wise:

monk: fury, gfist, mental strength, snap, (everything else youll get as prereqs for these spells so i wont list them all)

champion: zen 

sura: cursed circle, hell gate, rising dragon, rampage blaster, Gentle touch: convert/ revitalize, and of course all the prereqs

i guess ill add that some people choose to level solo with suras by skyblowing and rampage blasting. this is a terrible method of leveling as its slow and painful. in higher levels, skyblow is completely worthless. i strongly dont recommend it as tanking for parties is far easier and faster

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hardly fair to say they have NO pvm capability.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Suras are a pretty weird class for PVM. All of their particular AOE skills are best only at certain level ranges.

Sky Blow - best from 100-120

Rampage Blast - best from 115-135

Tiger Cannon - best from 130-150

Lightning ride, although nerfed from before, can be use-able with a lot of cast reduc gear (easier now with triple spell FAW). Probably best from 105-125 or so.

^ Just my recommendations from another post.

It's kind of a pain to level a Sura without doing any skill resets at all.

My first Sura I went for Sky Blow even though I knew it's not good at higher levels. That was when the free reset was still in. Sky Blow was pretty decent in Nogg but do NOT use it in Juperos or any maps that have monsters with a slightly higher attack range because Sky Blow is kind of short range.

I reset around 115 or so for Rampage Blast and it was a lot of fun one shotting all the monsters in my range. That was short lived however and Rampage Blast is kind of only worth using if you are able to one shot the monsters with it. If you still have Sky Blow or some other small AOE, you can use it to kill monsters that you are just a couple thousand damage short of one shotting too.

My new sura is a tiger cannon build just for fun. You really need RD 10 to use this as it's extremely HP / SP heavy (needs LOTS of job levels).

Because of all the different level ranges and builds, for all the level ranges your sura isn't too effective at solo leveling, just tanking in a TI with mental strength is super easy and straightforward.

#5 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

^ Just my recommendations from another post.

It's kind of a pain to level a Sura without doing any skill resets at all.

My first Sura I went for Sky Blow even though I knew it's not good at higher levels. That was when the free reset was still in. Sky Blow was pretty decent in Nogg but do NOT use it in Juperos or any maps that have monsters with a slightly higher attack range because Sky Blow is kind of short range.

I reset around 115 or so for Rampage Blast and it was a lot of fun one shotting all the monsters in my range. That was short lived however and Rampage Blast is kind of only worth using if you are able to one shot the monsters with it. If you still have Sky Blow or some other small AOE, you can use it to kill monsters that you are just a couple thousand damage short of one shotting too.

My new sura is a tiger cannon build just for fun. You really need RD 10 to use this as it's extremely HP / SP heavy (needs LOTS of job levels).

Because of all the different level ranges and builds, for all the level ranges your sura isn't too effective at solo leveling, just tanking in a TI with mental strength is super easy and straightforward.

if you combo tc the damage at 5 rd isnt that bad

#6 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, when I was leveling my sura I went straight for TC 10 first. By the time I was using it, I didn't even have RD 1, but it was doing just fine for leveling. RD 10 only gives you 12% more hp and sp anyway, which is only 12% more damage. TC 5 to 10 however, is double the damage.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I meant RD 10 for restoring your SP with power absorb with the extra spheres.

Edited by kasshin, 24 November 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#8 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

I meant RD 10 for restoring your SP with power absorb with the extra spheres.

You can use Spiritual Spirit Absorption on the mobs you're fighting they give like 250-350 sp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users