How to Phen Switch Properly? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to Phen Switch Properly?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

so i finally got my phen clip and my clip of flash on my ME priest. so i was gonna practice phen switching to make sure it works but currently it's not working. so first thing is i can't have 2 clips on the same hotbar? also since i can't i have my clip of flash on my 2nd hotbar with my phen clip it's kinda awkward. so i start with the clip of flash equipped then right as i cast i change to phen but when i do that it doesn't replace my clip of flash it replaces my spiritual ring which i of course need for the bonuses. how do i set it up so that it replaces my clip of flash instead of my ring?

#2 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

The right accessory slot is locked - you can't swap it with hotkeys, so put phen in the left slot.  Cast without the phen equipped, then swap to phen if you're about to get hit and it will stop the cast from canceling.  

When I played mage in pre-renewal before I could afford orlean's armor, I put tele clip on the right side, and swap between heal/phen on the right.  Just hit the hotkey and it will swap between the two - and if you do it every cast, it won't add the +25% sp cost, and it will still be uninterruptible.

#3 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

When you hotkey an accessory and use the key to change it, it will always switch the first accessory slot. The 2nd slot won't ever be changed... so move the Spiritual Ring to the 2nd slot, and use the Clip Flash/Cast on first slot... Then just cast with Flash on, then immediately after cast bar shows up, hit access. hotkey for Phen effect.  :3

#4 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

When you trans, just use an orlean's gown, much easier than fiddling with phen swapping, especially once your casts become much quicker as you reach third job and get access to Sacrament.  You might not even need the phen effect at all.

Edited by Karusan, 24 November 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#5 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

yeah i mean later i might just sell off the phen clip but for now this is how i am gonna clear out 3+ undead. hopefully leveling is quicker.

#6 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

it's easier using 2 different accessories. that way you can have them on 2 different hotkeys. i used to always get confused when i had them both on clips and would have to constantly check to make sure i had the right card on. using the same hotkeys for phen, stand-by accessory, and the skill you want to use will also help reduce confusion especially if you play different characters that have the same problem.

i personally like bathory holy robe > orleans gown

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

for same item switching i generally put the item in the little hotkey space in the corner so i can see which one is not equipped or ready to be equipped next...

#8 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

it's easier using 2 different accessories. that way you can have them on 2 different hotkeys. i used to always get confused when i had them both on clips and would have to constantly check to make sure i had the right card on. using the same hotkeys for phen, stand-by accessory, and the skill you want to use will also help reduce confusion especially if you play different characters that have the same problem.

i personally like bathory holy robe > orleans gown

bleh a clip was cheap so i just grabbed it, i need to figure out an easy combination to put it on. right now phen is on f5 while flash is on q so it's awkward. also is there an easy to to get blue gemstones? i mean i can buy them with my alch cause discount but is there is an easy way to farm them? that would be awesome.

Edited by pandaranger, 24 November 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#9 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

i need to figure out an easy combination to put it on.

/q2

#10 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

To farm blue gems, the best way is in Bayalan from Marse(2%), Marina(2%), Marc(2%), and Marine Sphere(1.5%).

Aside from that, you could always farm them on characters ranging from 30-75 in Overlook. The chances are almost double.

The only other one would be Fallen Angel which is in Geffenia.

#11 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

bleh a clip was cheap so i just grabbed it, i need to figure out an easy combination to put it on. right now phen is on f5 while flash is on q so it's awkward. also is there an easy to to get blue gemstones? i mean i can buy them with my alch cause discount but is there is an easy way to farm them? that would be awesome.

Blue gems drop at  a lower rate than strawberry. It is not efficient to actually farm them. So maybe just farm strawberry, sell for 2k, then buy 4 blue gems.

Or easier way is farm fabric from *wraiths so you can get exp too. Mob a couple, then ME, or heal bomb each. 1 fabric = 4 blue gems.

Edited by Rotine, 24 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#12 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

yeah i have been training at glast for a long time XD some people buy fabric like the other day i sold some for 200k+ so i guess that does pay for a lot of gems.

Edited by pandaranger, 24 November 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#13 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

i use S for the skill (AS, ME, whatever), G for phen, H for stand-by accessory. it's easier for me to use both hands than to try to click/scroll in quick combination

#14 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

well i made it Q for ME and W for phen and F5 for flash since i only need the flash clip in between fights. i play RO2 2 so i am very used to Q and W XD only thing is when i get 4 druids/wraiths and use ME i always almost die >_> they only do around 200 damage and i have 3K+ health but since i am stuck in casting i can't heal and the like 2 secs after casting i can't heal. its very close each time.

#15 kiseki3

kiseki3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

i find it easier to hotkey with spacebar because it is easy to reach and it is bigger.

#16 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

holy robe, witch's pumpkin hat/gozarian, divine cross. also, the faster you kill them the less you'll get hit.

#17 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

If you are in range of harpies, lvl there. The drops are worth quite a bit. And you are actually lvling while making money to pay for you gems. You will make more than you spend.

#18 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

holy robe, witch's pumpkin hat/gozarian, divine cross. also, the faster you kill them the less you'll get hit.

i have a divine cross/spiritual ring/phen clip/flash clip/witch hat/goz mask/fledged shoes/vicious muffler/and puento robes of the champion all ugraded. i am not gonna buy a 40 mil holy robe till more or less end game. oh also harpies give the same exp as evil druids so no reason to leave glast church right now.

Edited by pandaranger, 24 November 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#19 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

you can use a non-slotted holy robe for now. costs 1m and gives 15%/10% dmg reduction

#20 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Im lazy so I just deal with the extra 25% cast :(

#21 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

you can use a non-slotted holy robe for now. costs 1m and gives 15%/10% dmg reduction

ok yeah i will grab one and upgrade it later. that should at least help me stay alive lol! i was also wondering why is the witch hat like almost 100m? i have 2 of them from the Halloween event last year same with the goz mask.

#22 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

because when combo'ed with alarm mask, you can use pumpkins for healing items. kind of like rudolf hairband except takes up all 3 headgear slots

and lol @GInaKay  :heh:

Edited by beaupoem, 24 November 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#23 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

because when combo'ed with alarm mask, you can use pumpkins for healing items. kind of like rudolf hairband except takes up all 3 headgear slots

and lol @GInaKay  :heh:

lol alarm masks are pretty cheap and pretty easy to make if u don't wanna spend around 15m. well even though i have pretty sub par stuff hopefully the holy robe keeps me a live more and i can grab a few more levels in glast then hopefully get in a TI party.

#24 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

yeah it's not the alarm mask itself. it's the witch pumpkin hat/alarm mask combo. and witch pumpkin hat is pretty rare because it was only from that one event, so that's why it's expensive.

and good luck! it'll be easier once you get to high priest and get assumptio. also, the shrine maiden hat is pretty nice too once you get to AB. it auto-casts heal so even if you can't heal yourself during the cool-down, it'll proc pretty often since you'll be mobbing XD

#25 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

yeah i looked into getting the maiden hat later on kinda as endish game with a slotted holy robe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users