[Classic] Confronting Valkyrie - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Confronting Valkyrie

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

So it's been a while since the Valkyrie MVP was added to Classic and Icewall has been disabled on that map. I would like to throw forward the following suggestion

Disable Eske

The point of icewall being disabled as I understood it was because it was not only both a way to intentionally and unintentionally grief other players, but that it also made the MVP "too easy".

Eske also falls into both of these criteria. It is a huge pain in the ass to be levelling and an eske'd furied mama valk comes running at you.

It also makes it uncompetable (something icewall does not do unless severely misused). If I am tanking an MVP and someone comes and Eske's it, I am no longer able to actually compete. This can both be done deliberately to kill the competition (this is like icewalling people out); or it can be done as a cheese method to kill the MVP.

Aside from cheesing MVPs (the reason icewall is not in) - Eske serves no purpose on that map. On other MVPs you can use it to lower defense and do more damage. Unfortunately, Valkyrie Randgris is not  an MVP that is subjected to damage affected by defense, so that excuse is not legitimate.

Please consider this change for Classic! If this isn't a viable change, perhaps Icewall should be re-instated, that would be fair because at least then we can all throw punches at the MVP instead of killing the competition so we can kill ourselves harder than anyone else can kill themselves.

Edited by Xellie, 04 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#2 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

I made a thread about this a while back, I'll link it here. Either way, either re-enable ice wall or disable eske on mvp maps. It makes no sense to have one cheese-method disabled and another enabled.

http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1417149

Edited by Hrishi, 04 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#3 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

yeah no -_-, eske reflecting is retarded

#4 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

disable eske on mvp

#5 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

+1

Save the cheese for your Pizza (Hat)

#6 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Today they wereEskeing it while we were taking it clearly tanking it good fo us they have very bad aim are awesful players and hit the minis like 80% of the time but still a skill abuse.

#7 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Any party doing a legitimate effort to kill an mvp with skills that can be used to kill it cannot be considered as a skill abuse unless if its done actively to prevent someone from killing the mvp. This is how it was on valkyrie server. and no one ever got banned for using eske. But if gm want to change anything im also fine with it.

but personaly I prefer people doing competition than people trying to remove it within adding new rules or asking nerf.

Edited by HansLowell, 05 December 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#8 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

YEs i fully agree with you but only there Eske'er was there eskeiing before any of there other party members got there and while we were tanking it.

#9 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Eske makes Valkyrie Rhandrgris a solable mvp.  From what I know about RO Valk is considered a high end mvp.  Ask yourself why should such a mvp be able to be killed by one person without breaking 5 million zeny in supplies? 

The answer is IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.  Please get eske out of here so these kids will stop esking the mvp that we are tanking.

Thank you.

ps do it with haste!

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Any party doing a legitimate effort to kill an mvp with skills that can be used to kill it cannot be considered as a skill abuse unless if its done actively to prevent someone from killing the mvp. This is how it was on valkyrie server. and no one ever got banned for using eske. But if gm want to change anything im also fine with it.

but personaly I prefer people doing competition than people trying to remove it within adding new rules or asking nerf.

This is clearly Abuse.

dpiq.png

As you can see, the opposing party are not making any attempt to engage the MVP. This is griefing.

This behaviour alone should be reason enough to disable eske on this map.

Edited by Xellie, 05 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#11 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Today they wereEskeing it while we were taking it clearly tanking it good fo us they have very bad aim are awesful players and hit the minis like 80% of the time but still a skill abuse.

To be fair, my linker was there first using the skill before you arrived and decided to tank it.  It was your choice to walk up to an already esked boss and try to compete for the kill.  

Edited by Melkor, 06 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#12 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

To be fair, my linker was there first using the skill before you arrived and decided to tank it. It was your choice to walk up to an already esked boss and try to compete for the kill.

Look at the screen shot, you have no pally to reflect, you have no control over MVP, but you are griefing by trying to make it 3x harder for them.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 06 December 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#13 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

stop qq about mvp classic is dead. 

#14 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

In case you missed it there is a stalker right there wearing a reflect hat lol <3

Edited by MANWAY, 06 December 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#15 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Looks afk. I don't recall it doing anything.

#16 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

It requires movement (aka, a video) to prove that the other guild wasn't making an attempt.

Xellie Xellie. Tsk tsk.

#17 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

it's another discussion to disable eske altogether, but the screenshot clearly shows skill abuse.

like using pneuma to block enemies acid bombs.

seeing the video, i guess it more or less is a conflict in killing strategies, including the attempt of hindering the other party from scoring before setting up.

tactical foul

Edited by Susan, 06 December 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

It requires movement (aka, a video) to prove that the other guild wasn't making an attempt.

Xellie Xellie. Tsk tsk.

The videos are in the GMs hands, however, the forums are not for reporting people. The screenshot doesn't identify any players, it is just an example of the abuse.

In order for that behaviour to be any kinds of legitimate, the reflecting character would at the very least need to be close to the MVP. I can give you some funny facts about the video though. It is eske'd repeatedly with none of the linker's party anywhere near the MVP. I think that in order for eske to be legitimate, the character with intent to reflect should hit the mvp or attempt to get the agro. Being in skill range for one reflected pulsestrike (to attempt to gain loot rights) and then moving away whilst eske'ing the MVP clearly could not count.

All that aside, it's a freakin' lame way to kill one of the highest bosses in the game. If icewall isn't allowed, not should this be! Perhaps if people had to play probably they'd be less apathetic about the seal stuff too.

eh you know what; since they identified themselves here - I will post the shorter video where I labelled the skill abuse.

Edited by Xellie, 06 December 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

At the very least, it should be considered for being disabled since when people are extremely bad at using it, it becomes a nuisance for everyone else on the map. It also becomes easy to try and hide ill intent as incompetence.

All in all, the whole concept of reflect killing valkyrie rangris is dumb dumb dumb.

#20 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Removing/disabling player skills on a mvp map is dumb. You guys did it before with ice wall and now people want it back. The same thing will happen with eske sooner or later. If anything bring back ice wall and disable auto res.

#21 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

There was a paladin that was reflecting on the far left at 0:04, died at 0:05 to lord of vermillion, camera rotated to get her out of the video at 0:06, and was resed at 0:07, presumably to continue reflecting.  Conveniently you cut the next several minutes out of the video to eliminate any evidence of ~gasp~ them trying to MVP by reflect (I wonder why you would do that ^_^)  At the end of the day, people are going to find what they look for and they won't see what they aren't looking for.

The most amusing part of this whole thing is: I happen to know that the opposing party in the video learned how to reflect kill valk MVP from the very people in this thread who are now trying to have it removed at their convenience xP

Edited by MANWAY, 06 December 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#22 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

second mvp party was doing reflect mvping clearly. Im assuming they went there first b4 there party got wipe out look at there mvp line up, eske linker and reflect sword stalker... people has there own unique of style of mvping, I myself mvp but I don't cry out loud when duo hwiz and high priest safety wall mvp's. I found a way to compete and move on to the next one. only cry babies always complain something if there not winning. 

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

There was a paladin that was reflecting on the far left at 0:04, died at 0:05 to lord of vermillion, camera rotated to get her out of the video at 0:06, and was resed at 0:07, presumably to continue reflecting.  Conveniently you cut the next several minutes out of the video to eliminate any evidence of ~gasp~ them trying to MVP by reflect (I wonder why you would do that ^_^)  At the end of the day, people are going to find what they look for and they won't see what they aren't looking for.

The most amusing part of this whole thing is: I happen to know that the opposing party in the video learned how to reflect kill valk MVP from the very people in this thread who are now trying to have it removed at their convenience xP

Shut up.

You just tried to do enough damage to loot, then continued to eske it without your reflect chars present. The full video exists, I uploaded it at the same time as this one.

And you didn't learn from me, I'm not that bad at the game. Or that ill-mannered tbh.

You can also shut up c00las, we've won every one we've turned up to? This is not the first time that we have asked for eske / reflect killing to be removed. Taking tokens away is stupid because people use that map for other purposes and it is a dangerous map.

@sputnik: I've never icewalled Valk on this server. No flies on me.

#24 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hmm... i'm missing the part of the video where the Valkyrie has already been reflect damaged until the point where it powers up, with reflect + eske, so you guys basically tried to take over the mvp while the other party was already on it and you were not able to handle it...

Not sure if you are serious or just trolling?

GM's should take into consideration that you always talk nonsense all the time anyways, so basically nobody has to take anything you say seriously.

Xellie is pretty much the same as any npc on the airship. Radditz.

Removing skills doesn't increase YOUR skill + last time i heard it is called iRO classic servers, not costume Xellie servers. GG.

Edited by DorianGray01, 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#25 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

I don't see what's wrong with the stalker staying to the side in the end while the linker is using eske, at that point the MVP could earthquake anytime it's smarter to avoid dying to LoV (non reflectable) and survive until the earthquake to reflect it (and eske make it stronger).

For the rest of the vid, you cannot even really tell what's happening when you only show 4sec in a row... As a linker, whenever you're alive, even if your reflecter isn't close enough to the MVP he may be resurrected or could come close to it anytime, so you better eske it when you can because it will help your party and you may not be alive the next seconds when your reflecter actually needs the MVP to be esked.

I know that killing the MVP this way may seems messy (especially when there is competition) but it's not meant to grief. I'd understand if there was only a linker trying to eske the MVP just to make it harder for the opposing team but that's clearly not the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users