• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Asuya

Asuya

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi, i dled the game , but when i tried to install i get an error and the game doesnt install

http://i.tinyuploads.com/kG4Ffo.jpg

I tried redownloading but i keep getting this same error... are there other links to download the game besides this retarded launcher from the official website?

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Are you running the installer as administer? Right-Click to do so. Make sure no Firewalls are up on Requiem as well.

#3 Asuya

Asuya

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

i already tried  running it as admin and with compatibiliy mode too

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

lol that issue is a pain to deal with. Are you from Europe and downloaded the game with a non-IE browser?

Setting up User

#5 Asuya

Asuya

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

im from europe, and i used firefox to download the .exe; sadly i was trying to do whats written on that guide, but at certain point it says my "windows 7 version" its not the "home premium" so it doesnt let me do what the guide says.

I can try downloading the launcher with internet explorer, but i guess it will be the same.

pd: anyway thanks for the try :D

Edited by Asuya, 06 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Its an error when installing Windows on European versions. If you don't choose Internet Explorer, it does not create the "[system name]\user" group. The error will not be fixed by installing Internet Explorer after the fact.
Ohh I am seeing your issue now that I am doing it myself. I actually don't have this issue so I never gave it a go. I will write down the directions.

1. Press [Win Key] + R (this is the quick key for the run command)
2. Type in 'mmc'
3. Press [Ctrl] + M (this is the quick key for add/remove Snap-ins)
4. In the menu that pops up look in the left column for 'Local Users and Groups'
5. Highlight it by left clicking.
6. Press the [Add >] button.
7. Keep the window that pops up as is. (This should have the only selected item 'Local Computer')
8. Press the [Finish] button
9. Press the [OK] button
10. Right click on the [Groups] folder and choose 'New Group'
11. In the Group Name, type in 'Users'
12. Press the [Add] button
13. Press the [Advanced] button
14. Press the [Find Now] button
15. Highlight the 'Administrator' by left clicking it
16. Press the [OK] button
17. Press the [OK] button again
18. Press the [Create] button
19. Close the MMC window
20. On the next popup click [No]
21. Install the game

Edited by Cleffy, 06 December 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#7 Asuya

Asuya

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Its an error when installing Windows on European versions. If you don't choose Internet Explorer, it does not create the "[system name]\user" group. The error will not be fixed by installing Internet Explorer after the fact.
Ohh I am seeing your issue now that I am doing it myself. I actually don't have this issue so I never gave it a go. I will write down the directions.

The problem is after i click on ADD, when i press "FINISH" i get this error

http://i.tinyuploads.com/8xTOgO.jpg

Which basically says : This computer is not using WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM. THis complement cant be used with this WIndows version. To administrate user accounts in a local computer that uses Windows Personal, use the "USER ACCOUNT" tools on the CONTROL PANEL of this computer. (or something like that xD).

Ive tried looking into that but didnt find anything similar to what was written on that guide.

pd: the funny thing is that im actually using WIN7 Home Premium XD

Edited by Asuya, 07 December 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#8 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

Ohh just looked it up 'Local Users' group is not setup on Windows 7 Home versions. Now way to install using MMC, command line method also does not work. So unfortunately... you are -_- out of luck until Gravity remedies this. Something tells me when the new version of the client was compiled, they clicked on the need for the Local Users group and its denying people using Windows Home versions from accessing the game during installation as it has only started occurring after the most recent recompile.
This should be reported and fixed immediately as its a relatively easy fix and affects a lot of users.

You can give this a try. Taken from the New Client Install thread

Youtube user setup guide: Same for Requiem

For me it works but i do several thing more
1.in cmd i wrote something different :
" net localgroup users /add"
" net users localgroup /add"
2. then i opened a directory where i had wptemp files and i changed a permissions for it just like it is on the video : i made my self an owner of folder and gave full perrmision for all filles. then i was able to install it properly.
3. after installing i did the same things for folder "gravity" that i installed.

If i did not step 3 i couldn't even open folder "requiem" in "gravity", because i hadn't permissions. so i was sure all will be works properly when after doing step 3 i could open everything :) ... an additional assurance i have beause i can see icons of files in "requiem".

Edited by Cleffy, 07 December 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#9 Asuya

Asuya

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

Ohh just looked it up 'Local Users' group is not setup on Windows 7 Home versions. Now way to install using MMC, command line method also does not work. So unfortunately... you are -_- out of luck until Gravity remedies this. Something tells me when the new version of the client was compiled, they clicked on the need for the Local Users group and its denying people using Windows Home versions from accessing the game during installation as it has only started occurring after the most recent recompile.
This should be reported and fixed immediately as its a relatively easy fix and affects a lot of users.

You can give this a try. Taken from the New Client Install thread

Youtube user setup guide: Same for Requiem

I tried that and it seems to work . thanks a lot :D

#10 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thanks Cleffy!