Screenshot Madness! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Screenshot Madness!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

After I re-installed ragnarok and updated/patched, my screenshots became berserk! How do i fix them? I searched around the forums but did not come across anything that resembled an answer. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before:

Spoiler

After:

Spoiler

Any ideas on things that might be the issue?

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

That happens because your resolution isn't a multiple of 8 in both directions. Your second screenshot is 1290x708 while your first one is 1920x1064. Try 1280x720 or 1920x1064 instead.

#3 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

My resolution in ragnarok, or windows? Because both resolutions are the same, which is 1920x1080. My ragnarok is also 1920x1080x16. Am I missing something here? Or am i doing something completely flabbergastingly incorrect?

Edit: I also do not see anything regarding 1064, in either ragnarok or windows. **More flabbergastation appears**

Edited by aoimitch, 10 December 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

The second screenshot definitely is not 1920x1080

Look at the size of the buff icons, relative to the size of the window. 

Run Setup in your RO folder, and check the resolution it is set to. You may have to rightclick setup and do run as admin (depending on windows settings and OS version) in order for it to see and save it's settings correctly. 

#5 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Here is a capture of my ragnarok setup file in "ADMIN" mode, as well as a picture of the options/resolutions that RO is capable of. P.S: You may remember my ragnarok screen errors from the font size issues, hence why my RO is played in Window mode, does this have any correspondence to my problems?

Current Resolution:

Spoiler

Ragnarok Admin Setup

Spoiler

Ragnarok Listed Resolution options.

Spoiler

Windows resolution.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

No, RO works better in windowed mode than fullscreen. 

Is the window taking up your whole screen (as would be expected for 1920x1080 window on 1920x1080 windows resolution), or is it smaller than that?

#7 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

It takes up my entire screen minus a small boarder along the top (which is the area you are able to drag RO window around to move it.) This is why I am so confused about what is going wrong!

Also, on a completely unrelated subject. While I have your attention, May I PM you on these forums DrAzzy? I have a question regarding your AI.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

(wait, but that means that there would be pixels cut off at the bottom, then? I thought the resolution you selected gave the resolution of the part of the window with the game in it, not counting window chrome... so there would be bits cut off if in windowed mode at full screen resolution...)

That's strange - the second screenshot definitely looks like a lower resolution. 

You can PM me, though I encourage people to post questions publicly in the homunculus section, either by starting a new topic (if it's a general homun AI issue) or posting in the latest version thread (1.53 - http://forums.warppo...vemobid-feature ) if it's a specific question, bug report, or feature request for AzzyAI. Note that (to preserve my sanity) I can only provide support for the latest version of AzzyAI. 

#9 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

There is probably a small portion of the bottom cut off due to the bar at the top, but it's nothing noticable since I drag the chat window up a little bit. It makes it much easier to play this way, but being unable to take screenshots is quite saddening.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'm baffled as to why it's happening with that resolution, honestly. 

And you can still take screenshots, they just look hideous. Most people who've been playing RO for a while can just kinda tilt our heads and see what's trying to be expressed in the screenshot :-P You can still use the munged screenshots for support tickets and such. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 December 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#11 aoimitch

aoimitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

As long as I can use them for support tickets, I don't suppose its that much of an issue, but I will miss seeing my clean looking screenies with guildies and what-not. /gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users