Spells that are completely useless and need an update. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spells that are completely useless and need an update.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Remember, these are spells that have no use at all in any situation.  Not just bad, or situational abilities - these are skills that nobody ever uses because of either ridiculous requirements, or bad effects.

-Slow Poison.  Outclassed by a 1st job spell, isn't permanent, doesn't even stop all the adverse effects.  Terrible waste of 4 skill points.

-Basilica.  7 seconds of FIXED CAST TIME, not usable if there's -anything- in the 5x5 area, including other friendly players, doesn't work on bosses, doesn't work in woe, stops caster from moving.

-Rogue's scribble tree.  Many of the spells don't work at all and haven't since the Juno update 8 years ago or so.  The horrible thing is that these skills are a prerequisite for SC spells.  -_______-

-Drain Life.  Low damage, long cast time, chance of failure, low heal.  Single target spell should not have such high requirements.  Make it like Soul Expansion and remove its spellbook since no one has one anyway.

-Circling Nature.  Almost non-existent effect - its only use is removing other songs.

-Song of Mana. Another buff with almost non-existent effect.  

-Hermode's Rod - Only usable in very specific conditions, and often does more harm than good.  It's almost impossible to use this spell to your advantage.

-Elemental Action - no summon uses any offensive abilities worth a damn.  All of these are lower than a level 1 mage bolt, and is a waste of a skill point.

Mind Breaker - meant to be a debuff, but the debuff part is broken and its only used as a buff.  But using it as a buff means you have to entirely leave your guild in woe.  Not usable on players outside of pvp/woe.  

Anyone else know of any completely useless skills that have almost no use in any situation?

#2 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

lol dude. almost every single class needs a complete skill tree overhaul. i think gravity is just too lazy to do what desperately needs to be done to update this game.

heres a brief run down off the top of my head of skills that should either be fixed or removed from the game and replaced with spells that work or shorten the skill tree so we can get better stuff sooner:

shadow chaser: 

-dimensional door. disabled on every single map of the game including pvp. why does this even exist? all its good for is flywinging yourself and looking pretty

-deadly infection - just plain stupid

-triangle shot - gimme a -_-in break

-back stab - absolutely worthless now. used to be an amazing spell before third jobs

-intimidate (as a rogue) - seriously wtf. why did they even put this spell in the game if its so -_- worthless. it needs to be redone to work like the SC version or give rogues 'Preserve' so that they can use it

-remover + piece - go -_- yourself gravity for not implementing this already pointless spell in iro after this many years

-slyness - seriously who is out there leveling as a pair of rogues?

Maestro

-impressive riff - the fact that it doesnt work on range negates almost any use for this spell.

-perfect tablature - completely irrelevant in renewal

-song of lutie - the heal desperately needs to be fixed. healing 200-300 is completely worthless on anyone over lvl 10. the hp buff is dope though

-unchained serenade - the damage is complete -_-. i dont understand why they would make a spell that does such low damage

-deep sleep lullaby - only usable on pvp map. and it barely even works in pvp

-reverberation + dominion impulse - cracked out spells that really have no purpose outside of woe and even in woe you arnt going to be able to kill anyone wiht this so theres really no point

-improvised song - what the living -_- is a third job class supposed to do with a 1st job class spell? this is a joke right?

-song of mana - seriously, you need a -_- duet just to use this piece of -_- buff? the sp regen on it is absolutely pathetic and there are much better choir buffs you can be using. this shouldve been a regular buff like windmill rush

-harmonic lick - LOL

-power cord - lololololololol x infinite

-battle theme - this shouldnt have to be a duet to cast. they should replace the other worthless songs like perfect tab and impressive riff with this

Warlock

-hell inferno - go away please

-frost misty - stop trolling me gravity. completely useless now and the cast time is total -_-,

-summon balls and release balls =-_- you. is this supposed to be a -_- joke? the damage is so ridiculously low, you can barely kill a poring with this

-meteor storm - i dont care what anyone says, this spell -_- sucks on every level. bad cast time, erratic low dmg. 

-waterball - they managed to make a completely awesome spell absolutely -_- useless by forcing players to stand on water. WHEN THE -_- IS THERE EVER WATER ON A MAP?!!?!?!??!?!!?! and almost no sorc in the game will cast diluge for you so this spell falls under the COMPLETELY USELESS -_- catagory

-sightthrasher - i remember this being cool in prerenewal, but now....lol. complete joke

-stave crasher - sad sad spell

-napalm vulcan - pretty much worthless on most monsters in the game. and anything you can use it against will just die to SG anyways

-gravitational field - lol. its only usage is for WOE and in that its still pretty -_-

RK

-sonic wave - complete -_- damage ,

-deathbound - supposed to be a cool tanking spell, but meh

-windcutter - pretty horrific damage vs anything that isnt water (cuz theres sooooooo many water monsters in this game),

-ignition break - this spell sucks. the damage is way too low, range way too small, and sp cost too high for what its supposed to do. i know some people like it but i personally think its just complete -_-. maybe if they got rid of the cooldown it would be more effective, but as of now, its almost on par with mechanics axe tornado

-phantom thrust - -_-ty -_- -_-

mechanic

-axe boomerang - complete joke,

-axe tornado - horrible cooldown, horrible damage, horrible modifiers with vit/str/atkboost,

-Cooldown - does not work right. only prevents overheat instead of removing it like its supposed to,

-FAW silver sniper - -_-ty damage and slow attack. needs drastic boost in speed and dmg

-flame launcher - complete joke of dmg and range. the graphical effect has much farther range than the actual spell,

-ice launcher - HORRIBLE skill delay that makes this spell worthless as -_- and the chance of freeze is so low that it takes 20 casts just to get anything frozen

-madogear license - this needs to be changed completely. they should make lvl 5 remove the cost of fuel and raise SP by 50% because the spells cost too much and drain players sp dry within SECONDS if seriously leveling. they should also make it a castable spell that allows you to resummon your mado suit back, because having to go to town for a new suit is complete -_-

-cart boost --_- you gravity for this one. mechanics are people that work on vehicles, yet their boost spell is slow as -_-? what genius thought this one up. they give genetics, a class that works in laboratorys a walking speed boost thats absolutely absurd, yet the auto mechanics cant figure out a way to move faster then 20% walking speed? LOL yea ok. gtfo you blacksmith hating dicks. just delete the class if you hate it so much. stop slapping us blacksmith lovers in the face. this spell should be +75% movement just like genetic cart boost

-arm cannon - this spell needs an overhaul. narrowing our splash range to 3x3 if we want to do decent damage is complete -_-. level 3 should be 7x7 just like its counterpart the genetic. you cant just give 1 merchant class the most overpowered mvp spell in the game, the most overpowered movement spell in the game, AND a much better version of a ranged splash dmg attack. why even have the second class if youre gonna make it so worthless?

#3 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

lol dude. almost every single class needs a complete skill tree overhaul. i think gravity is just too lazy to do what desperately needs to be done to update this game.

heres a brief run down off the top of my head of skills that should either be fixed or removed from the game and replaced with spells that work or shorten the skill tree so we can get better stuff sooner:

shadow chaser: 

-dimensional door. disabled on every single map of the game including pvp. why does this even exist? all its good for is flywinging yourself and looking pretty

-deadly infection - just plain stupid

-triangle shot - gimme a -_-in break

-back stab - absolutely worthless now. used to be an amazing spell before third jobs

-intimidate (as a rogue) - seriously wtf. why did they even put this spell in the game if its so -_- worthless. it needs to be redone to work like the SC version or give rogues 'Preserve' so that they can use it

-remover + piece - go -_- yourself gravity for not implementing this already pointless spell in iro after this many years

-slyness - seriously who is out there leveling as a pair of rogues?

Maestro

-impressive riff - the fact that it doesnt work on range negates almost any use for this spell.

-perfect tablature - completely irrelevant in renewal

-song of lutie - the heal desperately needs to be fixed. healing 200-300 is completely worthless on anyone over lvl 10. the hp buff is dope though

-unchained serenade - the damage is complete -_-. i dont understand why they would make a spell that does such low damage

-deep sleep lullaby - only usable on pvp map. and it barely even works in pvp

-reverberation + dominion impulse - cracked out spells that really have no purpose outside of woe and even in woe you arnt going to be able to kill anyone wiht this so theres really no point

-improvised song - what the living -_- is a third job class supposed to do with a 1st job class spell? this is a joke right?

-song of mana - seriously, you need a -_- duet just to use this piece of -_- buff? the sp regen on it is absolutely pathetic and there are much better choir buffs you can be using. this shouldve been a regular buff like windmill rush

-harmonic lick - LOL

-power cord - lololololololol x infinite

-battle theme - this shouldnt have to be a duet to cast. they should replace the other worthless songs like perfect tab and impressive riff with this

Warlock

-hell inferno - go away please

-frost misty - stop trolling me gravity. completely useless now and the cast time is total -_-,

-summon balls and release balls =-_- you. is this supposed to be a -_- joke? the damage is so ridiculously low, you can barely kill a poring with this

-meteor storm - i dont care what anyone says, this spell -_- sucks on every level. bad cast time, erratic low dmg. 

-waterball - they managed to make a completely awesome spell absolutely -_- useless by forcing players to stand on water. WHEN THE -_- IS THERE EVER WATER ON A MAP?!!?!?!??!?!!?! and almost no sorc in the game will cast diluge for you so this spell falls under the COMPLETELY USELESS -_- catagory

-sightthrasher - i remember this being cool in prerenewal, but now....lol. complete joke

-stave crasher - sad sad spell

-napalm vulcan - pretty much worthless on most monsters in the game. and anything you can use it against will just die to SG anyways

-gravitational field - lol. its only usage is for WOE and in that its still pretty -_-

RK

-sonic wave - complete -_- damage ,

-deathbound - supposed to be a cool tanking spell, but meh

-windcutter - pretty horrific damage vs anything that isnt water (cuz theres sooooooo many water monsters in this game),

-ignition break - this spell sucks. the damage is way too low, range way too small, and sp cost too high for what its supposed to do. i know some people like it but i personally think its just complete -_-. maybe if they got rid of the cooldown it would be more effective, but as of now, its almost on par with mechanics axe tornado

-phantom thrust - -_-ty -_- -_-

mechanic

-axe boomerang - complete joke,

-axe tornado - horrible cooldown, horrible damage, horrible modifiers with vit/str/atkboost,

-Cooldown - does not work right. only prevents overheat instead of removing it like its supposed to,

-FAW silver sniper - -_-ty damage and slow attack. needs drastic boost in speed and dmg

-flame launcher - complete joke of dmg and range. the graphical effect has much farther range than the actual spell,

-ice launcher - HORRIBLE skill delay that makes this spell worthless as -_- and the chance of freeze is so low that it takes 20 casts just to get anything frozen

-madogear license - this needs to be changed completely. they should make lvl 5 remove the cost of fuel and raise SP by 50% because the spells cost too much and drain players sp dry within SECONDS if seriously leveling. they should also make it a castable spell that allows you to resummon your mado suit back, because having to go to town for a new suit is complete -_-

-cart boost --_- you gravity for this one. mechanics are people that work on vehicles, yet their boost spell is slow as -_-? what genius thought this one up. they give genetics, a class that works in laboratorys a walking speed boost thats absolutely absurd, yet the auto mechanics cant figure out a way to move faster then 20% walking speed? LOL yea ok. gtfo you blacksmith hating dicks. just delete the class if you hate it so much. stop slapping us blacksmith lovers in the face. this spell should be +75% movement just like genetic cart boost

-arm cannon - this spell needs an overhaul. narrowing our splash range to 3x3 if we want to do decent damage is complete -_-. level 3 should be 7x7 just like its counterpart the genetic. you cant just give 1 merchant class the most overpowered mvp spell in the game, the most overpowered movement spell in the game, AND a much better version of a ranged splash dmg attack. why even have the second class if youre gonna make it so worthless?

So many -_-'s in this post. :lol: Oh wait, d*** isn't a bad word? :mellow:

#4 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

So many -_-'s in this post. :lol: Oh wait, d*** isn't a bad word? :mellow:

feeeeeeeeel the raaaaaaaaaaaage!!!!!

:: shakes fist ::

#5 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO YOU DIDN'T GIRLFRIEND

#6 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

Spiritual Thrift - works but ridiculously inaccessible...OTL

BEST FLIPPING SKILL EVER FOR ALL PRIEST BUILDS OMFG. I don't see how this being more accessible in the skill tree would do ANYTHING to affect the game negatively, for those who don't know, pre-requisite to this is MACE MASTERY 10 and Demon Bane 10. I know that it's geared towards battle builds but really battle builds these days have a GOOD CHUNK OF INT and FS priests need their SP way more now especially with the new AB skill that increases the sp cost of healing skills by 300% (like wtf). There's also plenty of gear that increases the sp cost of healing too. I honestly feel that in the future with the right gears, you wont even be able to cast heal b/c the sp requirement will be greater than your max sp.

Edited by Quazera, 23 December 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#7 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Dimensional Door should be changed to work like a gwing. THAT would make it useful.

Triangle Shot does need a huge dmg boost. Its a single target skill, quit being stingy.

Deadly Infection- don't they still use this in woe? making them a better Poisoner than GX or did they fix this?

Piece and Remover- i really wish they would have a use for this...

Slyness- I actually use this sometimes... afk two of my rogue classes on the low ti while getting leeched, BWAHAHAHAHA!

Waterball, This would be my new favorite lvling skill. I wouldn't even care if they changed it to consume a blue gemstone. Or an ice stone (ninja catalyst)

Hell Inferno- FINALLY a shadow element spell, and it does less than first class damage...to a single target..

#8 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Venom Splasher - This skill need overhaul. Good damage but hardly unaccesable. Been too deep in skill tree and heavy pre-req, and need catalyst. You need to wait 10 seconds untill the skill take effect, while we may kill the enemies faster in that time. The only good way to use it is via Ring of Resonance.

#9 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hocus Pocus. Nerfed for the past 7 or so years, and completely useless since. (Full explanation: http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1168944 )

Edited by Daray, 23 December 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#10 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

I feel that gens need a buff to acid bomb :)

#11 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

this might not be relevant here but i'll say anyways. i want the fire trap back for my chaser!! atm theres no damage at all i'll take it even if u cut the damage in half :)

#12 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

this might not be relevant here but i'll say anyways. i want the fire trap back for my chaser!! atm theres no damage at all i'll take it even if u cut the damage in half :)

+1!

rangers are one trick pony right now

Edited by thatfool, 23 December 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#13 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Venom Splasher - This skill need overhaul. Good damage but hardly unaccesable. Been too deep in skill tree and heavy pre-req, and need catalyst. You need to wait 10 seconds untill the skill take effect, while we may kill the enemies faster in that time. The only good way to use it is via Ring of Resonance.

To me this skill isn't horrible. I use it when there are a couple guys by me. Use it on one enemy, then start attacking the guy next to him. By the time you are done, the other one should explode.

#14 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Royal Guard

-Trample - Useless skill who disable all traps around you, and need 3 points

-Matyr Reckognin - Since is forced to Neutral and affected by any reduction is the stupidest skil in game since you sacrifice your own HP for deal damage.

-Resistant Souls - 25% of reduction to demon and holy, fine but you need waste like 30 points in other uselees skills.

-Demon Bane, Divine Protection and Heal - only a lot of useless skills as pre-requisite for Battle chant and Resistant Souls.

-Shield Press - One skill for stunn the enemys, really?...........only stupid

#15 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

If they were to change slow poison to slow bleeding I think you would see a few people actually consider getting it.

#16 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

Waterball, This would be my new favorite lvling skill. I wouldn't even care if they changed it to consume a blue gemstone. Or an ice stone (ninja catalyst)

yes please. would gladly pay the 1 bgem requirement to be able to use this skill. 

some more class complaints:

Royal Guard (despite unpopular opinion...)

-grand cross - why does this spell brutally pulverize the -_- out of the caster? and on top of that, has an insanely high sp cost for the sp pool crusaders get. also, despite it saying its a holy attack, holy armor does not negate the damage, despite there being a card that was pretty much made for the crusader class to do this. awesome damage though, but hp/sp requirement is far too high. especially for players that cant afford healing hats and infinite strawberrys

-holycross - the damage is lower than bash, even on undead monsters. WTF

-shield boomerang - sad damage,

-smite - not sure why i would want to knock the monster im killing back. maybe if it was an aoe attack....

-gloria domini - why is the damage fixed? its not nearly high enough or fast enough casting to be useful,

-martyrs reckoning - if by 'great damage' they mean mediocre damage at the risk of killing myself, than yea

-moonslasher - HORRIBLE cooldown. absolutely horrible horrible horrible cooldown for the LITTLE amount of damage this sad spell does

-exceed break - why even have this spell if we also have banishing point,

-overbrand - the worst aiming system of any spell in the game. and has a stupid knockback effect just to make it even worse!!!! this spell could be so awesome if they would just fix its aiming system to not be completely retarded and got rid of the annoying as hell knockback (that pisses party members off royally by the way making this spell unusable in parties). wish it worked like magnum break =(

-inspiration - takes your exp away? really? in one of the worst grindfests ever made? LOL. if you dont have vip, this spell isnt even an option. what cruel sadistic bastard thought this one up. its just as bad as the homunculus spell that sacrifices all your loyalty for 1 attack

-earth drive - lol

sura

-skyblow - useless piece of -_- spell. it can barely kill anything over level 110. im not understanding why the damage hasnt been upgraded to compete against renewal monsters.

-dragon combo - horrible damage. cant even kill a lvl 70 monster with this

-tiger cannon - consumes 30% of your hp just to do 1 aoe attack. absolutely ridiculous. how is anyone supposed to level wtih this without a healing hat? its almost like they dont want suras to be able to level themselves. the damage is awesome though!

-rampage blaster - stupid cooldown. just plain stupid

-gfist - stupid 10 second SP recovery buff makes this useless outside of pvp,

-occult impaction - worthless garbage,

-iron fists - does anyone even use fist weapons anymore? they should just scrap the entire fist weapon concept at this point and make the spell raise overall ATK,

-spiritual sphere absorbtion - this spell doesnt even make sense. why would i want to recover my sp by eating the spheres i need to use the abilities i needed sp for in the first place.

-throw spirit sphere - another useless garbage spell that does almost no dmg and has slow cast timer

-glacier fist/chain crush combo - there are almost no monsters that you will fight as a champion that will require this much overkill. most monsters die to trifecta/quad/thrust and even being able to chain that many combos is iffy at best due to the weird mechanics of the monk class. and as a sura all monsters will have far too much hp for these to even make a dent in them. these 2 spells are fairly useless and they shouldve just given the champ an aoe spell or more tanking spells to use outside of MS

debate me

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 December 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#17 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

So much crying.

#18 RedKing08

RedKing08

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hmm... Holy Cross is actualy not bad. The damage is doubled when you use a 2h spear. With basic stuff, you can do around 9k or more on dark priests and its spammable depending on your aspd. :p_idea:

#19 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Don't Suras still use Glorious Fists or did those get nerfed here?

#20 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

-moonslasher - HORRIBLE cooldown. absolutely horrible horrible horrible cooldown for the LITTLE amount of damage this sad spell does

* try use in woe for against breakers for sit him,

-exceed break - why even have this spell if we also have banishing point,

* Glorious Holy avenger for cast lex eterna and EB with hunting Spear are like 60K against suras, GX, and some chasers and genetics

-overbrand - the worst aiming system of any spell in the game. and has a stupid knockback effect just to make it even worse!!!! this spell could be so awesome if they would just fix its aiming system to not be completely retarded and got rid of the annoying as hell knockback (that pisses party members off royally by the way making this spell unusable in parties). wish it worked like magnum break =(

* Just need practice for aiming, damage is poor but in strings is a awesome AOE.

-inspiration - takes your exp away? really? in one of the worst grindfests ever made? LOL. if you dont have vip, this spell isnt even an option. what cruel sadistic bastard thought this one up. its just as bad as the homunculus spell that sacrifices all your loyalty for 1 attack

* is just for troll PVP.

-earth drive - lol

* A skill wich can dispell any skill in the ground and still have a decent damage. Is not the best but have many uses

#21 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm wondering why Triangle Shot couldn't be reworked to work like bowling bash, or maybe to deal splash damage that pushes back.

#22 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

* is just for troll PVP.

ive seen people using this build to level lately. i dont think theyre aware of the exp loss lolol

#23 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Royal Guard

-Resistant Souls - 25% of reduction to demon and holy, fine but you need waste like 30 points in other uselees skills.

With this skill you can get 100% demon resistance, I think the pre-reqs balances it. The part I do NOT like about this skill is you cannot use it on yourself or other crusaders.

yes please. would gladly pay the 1 bgem requirement to be able to use this skill. 

some more class complaints:

Royal Guard (despite unpopular opinion...)

-grand cross - why does this spell brutally pulverize the -_- out of the caster? and on top of that, has an insanely high sp cost for the sp pool crusaders get. also, despite it saying its a holy attack, holy armor does not negate the damage, despite there being a card that was pretty much made for the crusader class to do this. awesome damage though, but hp/sp requirement is far too high. especially for players that cant afford healing hats and infinite strawberrys

If I remember right, you negate the damage to yourself via Holy element armor. BUT the skill has an actual HP cost like SP cost. That is the part you cannot negate. The bad part about this skill is that you cannot effectively mob with it when it should most definitely be a viable mobbing skill.

-holycross - the damage is lower than bash, even on undead monsters. WTF

some one already mentioned, dmg is nice with a two-handed spear

-gloria domini - why is the damage fixed? its not nearly high enough or fast enough casting to be useful,

isn't this used for sp draining? Granted most players just spam heal items, so it is useless.

-overbrand - the worst aiming system of any spell in the game. and has a stupid knockback effect just to make it even worse!!!! this spell could be so awesome if they would just fix its aiming system to not be completely retarded and got rid of the annoying as hell knockback

(that pisses party members off royally by the way making this spell unusable in parties). wish it worked like magnum break =(

If they could figure out a way to fix the position lag that it causes, it wouldn't be so terrible

sura

-skyblow - useless piece of -_- spell. it can barely kill anything over level 110. im not understanding why the damage hasnt been upgraded to compete against renewal monsters.

-dragon combo - horrible damage. cant even kill a lvl 70 monster with this

This is meant to start a combo, which is much better than waiting for RTB to trigger. 

-tiger cannon - consumes 30% of your hp just to do 1 aoe attack. absolutely ridiculous. how is anyone supposed to level wtih this without a healing hat? its almost like they dont want suras to be able to level themselves. the damage is awesome though!

the cost is high, but iirc the damage can be fantastic. I remember seeing a sura lvl at scarabs comboing into that skill to one shot them.

-spiritual sphere absorbtion - this spell doesnt even make sense. why would i want to recover my sp by eating the spheres i need to use the abilities i needed sp for in the first place.

it does slowly gain you sp, but the real use for this is holding shift and using it on enemies.

Edited by Roman, 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#24 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

If I remember right, you negate the damage to yourself via Holy element armor. BUT the skill has an actual HP cost like SP cost. That is the part you cannot negate. The bad part about this skill is that you cannot effectively mob with it when it should most definitely be a viable mobbing skill.

If they could figure out a way to fix the position lag that it causes, it wouldn't be so terrible

This is meant to start a combo, which is much better than waiting for RTB to trigger. 

the cost is high, but iirc the damage can be fantastic. I remember seeing a sura lvl at scarabs comboing into that skill to one shot them.

-nope. the damage does not negate like its supposed to (im pretty sure that was the entire reason they put that card in in the first place). its most likely just bad coding that was never fixed. if they really intended for you to get absolutely destroyed by your own damage while tanking a mob then theyre just -_- retarded

-agree completely. i dont know why they dont just get rid of hitlocking completely until they can make it work as intended. its just stupid as -_- to leave broken debuffs in the game when they are clearly not working right (ie. blind). im all for making the game challenging, but having game breaking things remain in game is retarded

-im aware that its meant for comboing, but suras are fighting mobs with 25k-150k hp on average. even the opener needs to do at least 5k dmg or else the combo is completely useless. they dont seem to realize this and leave all these classes gimped as -_- against real in game monsters. 

-yea but overtime you deplete yourself of healing items much faster than any other class leveling. its inefficient and for players without healing hats, it makes leveling near impossible at any realistic speed. even if you could hold 900 carrots/pumpkins, thats about 15-30 you have to consume every mob you kill lol

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

I thought the topic was skills that are COMPLETELY useless. Slow Poison is probably one of the few skills that comes close to basically having no effect, but a ton of the skills mentioned in this thread DO have some use, even if it's really specific.

Even Song of Mana is actually not bad in PVM if you do the calculations. It gives 300 SP in total at level 5 and gives more if you have more performers in the party (3-4 at most realistically).

Resistant Souls actually looks like a really good skill and looks fun to use, but I thought the topic was supposed to be about the skill being useless itself and not the requirements. Also if the RG is getting battle chant anyway, the extra skill points isn't too too much.

Tiger Cannon does more than double the damage when used in the combo. And the skill has a long delay so doing the combo is worth it. Soloing with a Sura in PVM is not easy or not for the impatient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users