Spells that are completely useless and need an update. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spells that are completely useless and need an update.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#26 TheGull

TheGull

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Mug is about as useful as Slow Poison.

I mean, sure, maybe if you're a bot... otherwise, it's only there as a pre-req (waste of 4 skill points).

#27 Boltkiller

Boltkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

yes please. would gladly pay the 1 bgem requirement to be able to use this skill. 

some more class complaints:

Royal Guard (despite unpopular opinion...)

-

-exceed break - why even have this spell if we also have banishing point,   This is a 1hko !!

sura

-gfist - stupid 10 second SP recovery buff makes this useless outside of pvp,      are you serious??

-spiritual sphere absorbtion - this spell doesnt even make sense. why would i want to recover my sp by eating the spheres i need to use the abilities i needed sp for in the first place.

Lol, you dont know how to sura !!

debate me

Is ovbious that your 1st/2nd class skills wont do that much dmg for renewal moobs, 
You are a weak mage/wizzard/swordman/acolyte/etc, that has to lvl up to get new and powerfull skills !!
Rember??

Edited by Boltkiller, 23 December 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#28 Majikero7

Majikero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Water ball would have been infinitely more useful if it uses crystal blues.

#29 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

The gravity strategy is create BS content, then sell 'buff' gear and item in cash shop to make money, during which making players' lives less miserable is just a by-product, they don't even give a sh :happy: t

Edited by GreenIvy, 23 December 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#30 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

A lots of skill need ridiculous amount pre-requisite garbage skill. 

Sorcerer: I actually enjoy playing sorc because they skill tree allows it to have versatile build. However, sorc, like many classes, is always desperate for skill points. Why do I have to have study 9 and dragonology 4 to have fiberlock? maybe dragonology is useful in someway, but cast aoe build really don't need study 9. study is for melee/autocast

AB: AB always need more skill points. some pre-requisite is garbage as well. even in acolyte there are garbage skill.

Maestro/Wanderer: too many garbage skill killedbytofu already elaborated. I guess the only ease with playing maestro/wanderer is that you really don't need to worry about lack of skill points, because most of them are useless!

Gravity should've completely redesign all class skill tree from 1st class to 3rd class since Renewal changes lots of skill calculation. But they didn't. :p_sad:

Edited by GreenIvy, 23 December 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#31 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

-ignition break - this spell sucks. the damage is way too low, range way too small, and sp cost too high for what its supposed to do. i know some people like it but i personally think its just complete -_-. maybe if they got rid of the cooldown it would be more effective, but as of now, its almost on par with mechanics axe tornado

IB actually does relatively decent damage if you use it at its max potential with a fire endow. I have a lvl 100 RK that hits 20k IB on similarly leveled mobs that are weak to it. The point of IB was to be used on mobs that are weak to it, scaraba being a good high level example (but by the time people can do/use the scaraba exp they'll do DB which will do more damage anyway at that level range). IB is not a bad skill pre-130-140 if it's used properly.

#32 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

^ also a good aoe for RKs to situationally use against monsters resistant / immune to fire. Very possible to do DB + IB build (with Rune Mastery 10 of course) with all the skill points.

#33 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'm not amused that Lif's Mental Charge hasn't been mentioned here.

Do you remember how to get the skill? Double Loyal the Lif. And what does it do now? Pretty much nothing offensively.

#34 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

I wanted to bring up the Weapon Mastery skills. They are pretty useless imo. They should be changed to a  +x% mod instead of the pitiful +x mod.

#35 Eunbay

Eunbay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationIn Neverland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Waterball should've probably been a sage or scholar skill.

Wizards cant find water (and even if they did, the map would probably be water ele) but sages can use deluge.

Otherwise its useless.

PS: Monster waterball requires no water and does 30 hits? Who thought of that?!

#36 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Royal Guard (despite unpopular opinion...)

-grand cross - why does this spell brutally pulverize the  -_- out of the caster? and on top of that, has an insanely high sp cost for the sp pool crusaders get. also, despite it saying its a holy attack, holy armor does not negate the damage, despite there being a card that was pretty much made for the crusader class to do this. awesome damage though, but hp/sp requirement is far too high. especially for players that cant afford healing hats and infinite strawberrys

If I remember right, you negate the damage to yourself via Holy element armor. BUT the skill has an actual HP cost like SP cost. That is the part you cannot negate. The bad part about this skill is that you cannot effectively mob with it when it should most definitely be a viable mobbing skill.

-nope. the damage does not negate like its supposed to (im pretty sure that was the entire reason they put that card in in the first place). its most likely just bad coding that was never fixed. if they really intended for you to get absolutely destroyed by your own damage while tanking a mob then theyre just  -_- retarded

It's as stated: you're are able to negate the recoil damage from your GC by being of holy element property, this hasn't been changed with Renewal. It worked in the past, it still works. What you can not nullify are the spell's costs: SP and 20% of your current HP. 

How can I be so sure it still works as intended? 

If you're not of holy element property, then you'll see yourself taking damage from your own GC (three hits, three red numbers). This also means that you can kill yourself with your own GC. If you're of holy element property, then you'll see misses (three misses) because your GC recoil damage is holy element property damage which will miss on holy element targets. You won't be able to kill yourself with your GC's recoil damage, your HP will never go below 1.

1 - recoil damage (= holy damage)

2 - SP cost (= a fixed number depending on the level of your GC)

3 - 20% of current HP cost (= a fixed number depending on your current HP)

#37 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

The gravity strategy is create BS content, then sell 'buff' gear and item in cash shop to make money, during which making players' lives less miserable is just a by-product, they don't even give a sh :happy: t

pretty much this

I guess the only ease with playing maestro/wanderer is that you really don't need to worry about lack of skill points, because most of them are useless!

not as wanderer. the skill point usage is so tight that you have to sacrifice something to get all the WOE spells or party buffs. its frustrating if you want to be able to do both

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 December 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#38 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

IB actually does relatively decent damage if you use it at its max potential with a fire endow. I have a lvl 100 RK that hits 20k IB on similarly leveled mobs that are weak to it. The point of IB was to be used on mobs that are weak to it, scaraba being a good high level example (but by the time people can do/use the scaraba exp they'll do DB which will do more damage anyway at that level range). IB is not a bad skill pre-130-140 if it's used properly.

Do i need to be endowed w/ Fire to increase my damage on IB? 

#39 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's as stated: you're are able to negate the recoil damage from your GC by being of holy element property, this hasn't been changed with Renewal. It worked in the past, it still works. What you can not nullify are the spell's costs: SP and 20% of your current HP. 

How can I be so sure it still works as intended? 

If you're not of holy element property, then you'll see yourself taking damage from your own GC (three hits, three red numbers). This also means that you can kill yourself with your own GC. If you're of holy element property, then you'll see misses (three misses) because your GC recoil damage is holy element property damage which will miss on holy element targets. You won't be able to kill yourself with your GC's recoil damage, your HP will never go below 1.

1 - recoil damage (= holy damage)

2 - SP cost (= a fixed number depending on the level of your GC)

3 - 20% of current HP cost (= a fixed number depending on your current HP)

this still proves that the spell is -_-. 2nd class jobs dont have enough hp or sp to sacrifice this much. the only people that can use this spell are people with healing hats and tons of money to spend on strawberrys and even then youre just hemorrhaging money to level. whoever thought up this penalty was a -_- tard

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Piece and Remove are so useless, they're not even implemented.

#41 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Do i need to be endowed w/ Fire to increase my damage on IB? 

Yes. I believe it says it in the skill description; though if it doesn't, it mentions it on irowiki.

Also, reverberation/dominion impulse is not useless either. Think of them like old school hunter trap laning, you just make them into a lane and walk mobs across them as you blow the reverbs. If you're single targeting you can also stack them for "one" very large hit.

#42 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Also, reverberation/dominion impulse is not useless either. Think of them like old school hunter trap laning, you just make them into a lane and walk mobs across them as you blow the reverbs. If you're single targeting you can also stack them for "one" very large hit.

lol now youre reaching. what you just described is 100% useless in pvm. maybe in pvp combined with a metallic sound hit that might be worth something, but by itself its still -_- lol

#43 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

I was waiting for you to say that just so I could link this.

Yes it's pvp, but the same strategy applies in pve, or laning like I already said for mobs (though why you'd use that for mobs instead of SR is very I suppose very situationally based)

#44 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'll just say that while I've always enjoyed the Blacksmith class, when I tried Crusader, I loved it. Holy Cross with a two handed spear did such ridiculous and cheap damage, and I got to 99 extremely fast as a Paladin pretty easily.

But then I become a Royal Guard, grind out those job levels because I am so hype for AoE leveling with Overbrand... and I get the skill and it's like... what the hell. This skill whiffs so easily, the knockback is awful, and the SP cost is really high. I could not level at all with my Royal Guard because it just wasn't effective.

This pretty much forced me to power level my Blacksmith all the way to Mastersmith then Mechanic and I'll say I'm way happier with Axe Tornado because I can actually mob with it efficiently at my level, but the damage isn't going to cut it when it takes more than 2 casts to drop a mob, and frankly Mado isn't looking too hot to me right now due to all the problems with it.

#45 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

it's funny how wizards can only get up to level 5 waterball but rogues can get level 10 XD they should have made it so if you are around water you can cast it for free but if not it consumes an item. also if you cast it over deluge or watery evasion it uses that cell where you casted lol.

#46 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Who else get annoyed because your Paladin cannot max:
Spear Quicken
Sacrifice
Cavalier Mastery
Defending Aura

altogether?

#47 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Who else get annoyed because your Paladin cannot max:
Spear Quicken
Sacrifice
Cavalier Mastery
Defending Aura

altogether?

Easy if you put your RG points into it, which I do sometimes recommend to people asking about it.

#48 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Is it me or should they have redone the whole RK skill tree literally

Biggest Gripe is bringing a new dragon breath skill. B/S Why not update the Original DB skill

Type: Offensive Skill Levels: 10 SP Cost: 25 + (Skill Level × 5) Cast Time: 0.5 seconds (fixed) + 0~2 seconds (var) Cast Delay: 2 seconds Target: Ground Range: 10 cells Area: 3x3 ~ 9x9 Element: Neutral Status: Burning,Freeze,Slow,Blind Mount: Dragon

With  different elemental converters the status changes to either

fire-= burn

water= freeze

earth=slow

wind=blind.

OP i know and i dont care. they could have done something similer along the lines or prob just made it neutral to use  converters.Just a Gripe tho.

and also that skill, Wind Cutter.

Type: Offensive Skill Levels: 5 SP Cost: 16 + (Skill Level × 4) Cooldown: 2 seconds Target: Enemy Range: Melee Knock Back: 2 cells Area:  ?x? Status: Fear= no Status Icon: I_Fear.png= no

Stun Change it to Stun maybe more useful

#49 Rus1

Rus1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

Two jobs with skills that are completely useless;

Maestro and Wanderer.

Edited by Rus1, 22 October 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#50 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Two jobs with skills that are completely useless;

Maestro and Wanderer.

thanks for the pointless necro...

0 user(s) are reading this topic