Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

Hey gaiz. I gots an idea.

Instead of comparing your class to RKs and genetics and becoming self-conscious of your e-penor size, why don't we all just stop pretending only sura will be nerfed and try to balance things out so it actually takes skill and teamwork to kill your enemies.

+1

I agree 100%. The main problem with this forum is that everyone thinks and comments on their favorite classes in terms of power level compared to other classes, instead of how the classes should work together or just focusing on skills that are clearly broken (crimson rock stunning party members, which has now been fixed). In general, I really hate how Renewal took away specific roles for the different classes.

#177 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

GoH needs coold down like all skills, at least 5 seconds and a bit loner cast time....or at least make the shura loose the sp if GoH fails its just really fast and spameable, becouse skills like inspiration have 5 mins, snap its ok, rising dragon its anoying to make un-dispeleable the fury but... thats a thirdclass thats the result of years of playing, shuras users most think that other players have played long time too, and its aweosome bully the way that GMs are giving a class the tools to take down any class, in fact the safety wall its no more safety XS. just rebalance cast time(just a bit) the coold down ( AT LEAST 5 SECONDS)even if it fails

#178 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

Hey gaiz. I gots an idea.

Instead of comparing your class to RKs and genetics and becoming self-conscious of your e-penor size, why don't we all just stop pretending only sura will be nerfed and try to balance things out so it actually takes skill and teamwork to kill your enemies.

Did you not get the memo pre-renewal?.....we kill single targets very effectivly. Im pretty sure i didnt have too really rely on someone as a champ...i just fisted away zen fury zen fist....AND now as a sura we have a very difficult time leveling too 150 on top of that when we get there we get too be able to almost one shot 3 people...and if there even close too 150....its an amazing feature....they dont die????!@!#! what is this!?!!! Yea thats right. The guy that just GoH'd you has around 20 levels on you and probably has access to god items or very good gear. The only thing that needs too happen too GoH is maybe shorten up the range just a tad bit that way we have time too react to whats coming. The damage....like i said.....30 levels difference ofc you are gonna die....silly.

#179 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

I think the only thing they should do with it is make it have maybe a 1 second cool down with snap. That way you have time too react or they couldnt just snap into a group GoH 3 times and snap away, but other than that its fine. Its the same thing as Pre-renewal, we did large amounts of single target damage, nothing has changed we should be effective at killing RK's and RG's but with Defender Aura you do laughable damage too an RG while he breaks your shield. or trying too Cursed Circle a RK all he does it stormblasts outta it. Seriously, GoH is almost fine the way it is. Just needs a little adjustments along with many other things in renewal. Stop being so ignorant because your 110 and you die too a 150. thats how its supposed too be.

#180 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

AND now as a sura we have a very difficult time leveling too 150

Wut? It took me literally a week and a half to go from 99 trans -> 150 Sura...Wtf have you been doing?
GoH is fine. Sura is one of the most balanced classes now actually.

#181 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Some Power of Sura should be moved from 1v1 situations to partyvsparty situations and generally make sura require a bit more support to be effective killer.

#182 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Did you not get the memo pre-renewal?.....we kill single targets very effectivly. Im pretty sure i didnt have too really rely on someone as a champ...i just fisted away zen fury zen fist....AND now as a sura we have a very difficult time leveling too 150 on top of that when we get there we get too be able to almost one shot 3 people...and if there even close too 150....its an amazing feature....they dont die????!@!#! what is this!?!!! Yea thats right. The guy that just GoH'd you has around 20 levels on you and probably has access to god items or very good gear. The only thing that needs too happen too GoH is maybe shorten up the range just a tad bit that way we have time too react to whats coming. The damage....like i said.....30 levels difference ofc you are gonna die....silly.

Except the problem is, the consensus was gfist seriously NEEDED a nerf in renewal, especially with how easy they made it to get spheres. So they finally make it so there's a decent cast time on it, nerf all other sorts of cast times too... and then out come the plethora of +9 glorious fists. :D

Suras were supposed to be good at taking out single, tough targets, but I do not believe it was supposed to be BY THEMSELVES. Everyone should have the ability to defend themselves from one-shot abilities, otherwise the game just becomes a race to see who can amass the most amount of the most imba class and spam the same OP abilities faster.

The other problem is.. you're a noob. No one is going to be surviving any decent gfists.

#183 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

Wut? It took me literally a week and a half to go from 99 trans -> 150 Sura...Wtf have you been doing?

Should not compare leveling with god items to base leveling speeds. Without TWO belts up to 140 is kinda rough. After that 1 belt is fine. On ymir lots of people have access to these but not everyone, the game shouldn't be built around god items lol.

#184 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

HEY USERS NEW BUG!!!!!!!!!!! now when sura get you in cursed circle and cast any skill, the circle its dont canceled immediately when the sura cast, it waits that at least 1 player inside cursed circle dies. Also problems with snap, since last maintenance when i target a poss bugged sura(that happens all time with snap) i got DC

#185 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

HEY USERS NEW BUG!!!!!!!!!!! now when sura get you in cursed circle and cast any skill, the circle its dont canceled immediately when the sura cast, it waits that at least 1 player inside cursed circle dies.

This is intended actually, and it's the reason why many players on kRO were unhappy in PVP. Suras can simply snap to you, CC you, and fist you and you have no chance. It's fine that Suras are excellent 1-target killers (that's their job)...but why Gravity would give them access to the most powerful AoE locking skill as well is beyond me. /swt

#186 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

For me Cursed Circle should prevent Sura from using GFist and GoH for entire duration of CC.

#187 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Dont worry the GMs always read and answer all the renewal feedbacks!!!!!!!!!! This is the heaven! all is colorfull!!!!!!!! theres no trolls, theres no boters, theres no scamers, iro is the best place to live! -_-

#188 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

Tell me you did this beltless and I'll be impressed. Otherwise, lol'd

#189 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

For me Cursed Circle should prevent Sura from using GFist and GoH for entire duration of CC.

I agree, it should be more of a "oh hey, Imma lock you so my friend can hit you with a skill that takes a while to cast," but, that would involve TEAMWORK and we can all see how gravity loves to -_- up team and party-play.

#190 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

Another thing is can be modified is Snap - due to increased GFist cast time, penalty of being unable to launch a GFist can be lift off, but Snap in the whole should recieve 3-5 second reuse delay.

#191 Silver

Silver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationValkyrie

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

I have not been through the whole thread but has anyone been able to chain sura combos using the female sura? I am not able to do Raging Trifecta Blow -> Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire and also not Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire -> Tiger Cannon. -_-

#192 Bahlum

Bahlum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

what I think they should do with Suras:

• Fix it so re-logging doesn't allow Monk classes to regenerate after using GF for the full duration and prevent SP Items, but allow Power Absorb, SSA, marriage skills, scholars, and Spiritual Cadence to give SP.
  • Change the size modifier of fist weapons to 100% for all sizes.

I'm iffy on the sp item use restriction but I agree to the rest of this.

• Change Lightning Ride to a passive, single level, skill that adds splash damage to TSS (it can still give a bonus to wind weapons/endows).
  • Swap the TSS cast time with an appropriate reuse delay.

I agree that cast time should switched with an appropriate reuse delay. I do currently how when you use Lightning Ride you can choose level 1 and it will use 1 sphere but be the same power per sphere as the other levels. I don't like how Throw Spirit Sphere has different power per sphere stats depending on the level you use. I would agree to making Lighting Ride a passive buff to TSS if TSS level 1 had the attack power of TSS level 5. I think it would be easier to adjust the attack power of each level of TSS so that they have the same power per sphere and give the versatility of TSS to Lightning Ride so that we can use level 5 LR with only 1 sphere resulting in the attack power of level 1 LR (same for all levels).

Point is:
  • I only want to dedicate one button for the skill .
  • I don't want to scroll through different power levels when I press the skill.
  • I want to be able to use any amount of spheres I have with my dedicated button for the skill.

Normally the way I control how much power I want TSS to have is to cast Summon Spirit Sphere, otherwise I just want to use whatever random amount of spheres I have at the moment only having to press the skill button once.

• Allow chaining of more Sura skills from Monk Combos and on their own (i.e. lower skill delays to near zero and add reuse delays instead).
  • Add an appropriate reuse delay to GF (again, how many times do the developers want GF used per minute?).
  • Remove Zen cast time and add a 5 second reuse delay for Zen (Zen shouldn't be penalized with a slow cast, the OP skills should be balanced to a desired DPS).
  • All skills should be balanced to a desired DPS using a reuse delay and the only skills that should have cast times are Power Velocity, GF, & Mental Strength.

I'm ok with the first two but I think Zen should remain with its cast time. I use it to regain sp since its faster than sitting and waiting. If the problem with zen is its balance with specific skills, those specific skills should be balanced with consideration to zen. I know it becomes tricky because technically Sura is the evolution of Monk and not necessarily Champion, but I doubt there will be many people that skip going Champion to complain about that.

The main reason I logged on was to complain about the placement of Rampage Blaster on the skill tree. Rampage Blaster is not a good skill without more than 5 spheres. Rising Dragon lets you have more than 5 spheres. Rising Dragon requires Rampage Blaster as a requisite skill. That makes no sense. I would say that it also doesn't make sense to have Energy Gain before Rising Dragon, but that is actually still useful with only 5 spheres.

#193 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Should not compare leveling with god items to base leveling speeds. Without TWO belts up to 140 is kinda rough. After that 1 belt is fine. On ymir lots of people have access to these but not everyone, the game shouldn't be built around god items lol.

I wasn't belted for a majority of the leveling actually. I leveled in ID though which was pretty OP. Not my fault that other people didn't pick up on that though.

I have not been through the whole thread but has anyone been able to chain sura combos using the female sura? I am not able to do Raging Trifecta Blow -> Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire and also not Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire -> Tiger Cannon. :Emo_14:

You must not have the timing down right, I can do Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire -> Tiger Cannon it just takes certain timing on the Tiger Cannon.

Edited by Aeolus, 13 February 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#194 Silver

Silver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationValkyrie

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

You must not have the timing down right, I can do Dragon Combo -> Fallen Empire -> Tiger Cannon it just takes certain timing on the Tiger Cannon.

On the female sura?

#195 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Sky Blow's delay issue, 3B1-14E935DB-F3A2

Hi,

I am not suggesting any new changes to Sky Blow. I am pointing out a bug at iRO's Sura skill.

This is original patch from kRO when Sura was introduced 07/22/2009 http://forums.irowik...hlight=sky blow
Later on 03/10/2010 http://forums.irowik...hlight=sky blow the skill doesn't need spirit sphere anymore.
I don't skip any patch.
There was no skill delay addition to Sky Blow at all, which iRO currently have 0.5s. They did not change any cast/ delay/ cooldown to the skill at all. iRO have this 0.5s delay out of no where.

I also have confirmed about it to a kRO player, http://forums.irowik...hlight=sky blow the skill does not have any delay since Sura job implementation in kRO.

Current Sky Blow skill in kRO: 0 sphere, 0 delay.
Current Sky Blow skill in iRO: 0 sphere, 0.5s delay.

I am looking forward to see the fix soon.

#196 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

On the female sura?

Yes

#197 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

2/15/2011 1:59 PM - Steve (Beholder)

Thank you for requesting our support.

We do understand your desire to see this issue fixed, but again please understand that we do not develop this title. We are only publishers for it. Also as stated we do not normally access the forums of irowiki, so it would be best to post your feedback and bugs about renewal on our forums.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us again.

Steve
Customer Service Supervisor
WarpPortal Support Team

Please do not reply to this email. Using the reply function will result in the WarpPortal support team not receiving your reply. In order to respond, please log in to the WarpPortal Support Site and reply to this ticket.

God damnit Steve, I'll respond here since you are so thick headed and closed my ticket. Heim told me to include kRO patch notes when submitting iRO renewal bug.
You don't have to mention that Gravity Interactive (US) is only publishing RO on every of your replies. I already knew that without you telling me it.
Do you even read my ticket? I am pointing a bug in your published game. Why does it considered a bug? because the skill currently does not working as intended to game developer (kRO).

Aside from this bug, I want you to fix your glasses if you are wearing one otherwise fix your brain. And why the F a Customer Service Supervisor replying to in game bug tickets. I expect a GM or CM reply, since they probably know the game better than you.

#198 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

sky blow sucks any way. qq more

#199 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

That doesn't change the fact that the skill doesn't work as intended. I don't care how you think of the skill. It doesn't work as intended and need a fix.

#200 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

If only more Sura skills didn't work as intended. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users