#1 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hey Guys i was wondering if anyone can take a look at and maybe let me know if anything of my idea is possible for cooking

increase the succes of royal cook kit

here is the specs so far i seen

Success rates calculation:

Spoiler

On that note the fantastic cook kit is only on a mvp thats 7 hours long to wait for place it in summoner could help the farm for that a bit

and i agree with a above post of making it kinda like the rune skill each attempt could give u more with single use if your expereice in cooking is at a certain lvl.

Since making food is taxting a bit with the farming make it more reasonable like if you make x amount of food and gain x amount of experience, it instead of a success with 1 food per attempt it shuld pop up to 3 or 4 per attempt i think.

Just brain storming

Even Better Why not make Cooking a Ranking system. And have Rank 1 be a 100% success with 1 extra food made with each attempt

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 14 July 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Or how about a safe cooking limit? Recipes up to level 4 will cook 100%, but higher level recipes will lower the success rate. Sort of how refining (used to) work.

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

Thats interesting

But still that mvp for 7 hours at least throw its buttocks to summoner

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

I'd much rather have cooking be 100% success rate no matter what since:
  • There's little to no market for cooked food.
  • Many of the ingredients for higher level recipes have bad enough drop rates as it is.
  • Very few players are actually interested in cooking.
But I'm also open to creating stacks of food per success under the current system. Just want some return for all the effort I put into hunting down the ingredients.

#5 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Don't forget +10 foods weigh 100 c: whereas the KP version of the +10 only weigh 1 or 10 I forgot.

#6 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

see it should be closeer to 100% food making or atleast make the fantastic mvp dropper at summoner

#7 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Don't forget +10 foods weigh 100 c: whereas the KP version of the +10 only weigh 1 or 10 I forgot.

*sigh* this is true, it is heavier, but if you notice a lot of those food items for the +10 are given through investment. so it's only a few of the food items you'd actually missing. plus the fact that i'm not spending kp just to have it go to waste as soon as i die. i wish people would do the +10 foods, as it stacks with the +20 very yummy in WoE~ <3

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

How about this?

Make it so cooking food has 100% success rate, but you can decrease the weight of cooked food with better cooking kits.
  • Outdoor Cooking Kit: -10 Weight per food
  • Home Cooking Kit: -25 Weight per food
  • Professional Cooking Kit: -40 Weight per food
  • Royal Cooking Kit: -55 Weight per food
  • Fantastic Cooking Kit: -70 Weight per food
Would give the cooking kits some purpose if they make the success rate 100%.

#9 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Make it so cooking food has 100% success rate, but you can decrease the weight of cooked food with better cooking kits.

Good idea. Personally I dislike crafting system by chance. Looking for materials itself is already tiring enough. Though, there's a potential problem with your suggestion. Food with weight less than 10 will be weightless. Of course, we can manage the weight reduction by percentage, but I still feel uncomfortable with that idea. It's like, if a cheap cooking kit reduces the weight by say, 10%, the effect won't be so useful for light food.

Perhaps better cooking kit can reduce the number of ingredient used, or lengthen the effect of the food cooked. You see, the amount of stat increased depends on the recipe, and the duration of the effect depends on the cooking kit.

I like this cooking thingy, and I want it to be improved. It makes role playing in RO more enjoyable. I haven't tried RO2, so I can't give opinions on its cooking system. It sounds fun, though.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Good idea. Personally I dislike crafting system by chance. Looking for materials itself is already tiring enough. Though, there's a potential problem with your suggestion. Food with weight less than 10 will be weightless. Of course, we can manage the weight reduction by percentage, but I still feel uncomfortable with that idea. It's like, if a cheap cooking kit reduces the weight by say, 10%, the effect won't be so useful for light food.

Perhaps better cooking kit can reduce the number of ingredient used, or lengthen the effect of the food cooked. You see, the amount of stat increased depends on the recipe, and the duration of the effect depends on the cooking kit.

As for the weightless thing, they should make it so the lowest weight a cooked food can get is 6 and you can't go lower no matter what cooking kit you use.

I like Lord of the Ring Online's crafting system, which allows you to craft products with better potency by chance and the chance increases the more you craft. For RO, that would be getting a Extra Tasty version of a food that you've crafted, say, 50 times. And then the chance of success would increase when you make 80-100 more of that food. Would keep things balanced, but not impossible.

I like this cooking thingy, and I want it to be improved. It makes role playing in RO more enjoyable. I haven't tried RO2, so I can't give opinions on its cooking system. It sounds fun, though.

RO2's cooking system has 100% success rate, but that's already been degraded since WarpPortal offered the best cooked foods as hourly rewards. :( They've since taken cooked food out of the hourly rewards list, but it's too long too late. I don't know how many Chefs are still left in the game besides me after that debacle.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 02 January 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#11 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

I like Lord of the Ring Online's crafting system, which allows you to craft products with better potency by chance and the chance increases the more you craft. For RO, that would be getting a Extra Tasty version of a food that you've crafted, say, 50 times. And then the chance of success would increase when you make 80-100 more of that food. Would keep things balanced, but not impossible.

So it's like the proficiency system in Mount & Blade, or skills in the Elder Scrolls series? Like the more you use a type of weapon, the more powerful the damage? Never played LOTR Online, sorry.

It would be fun to have an actual skill in cooking, though I think it's likely to take a lot of development time. If it's implemented as a passive skill, then no one is likely to spend a point for it. I still think that food duration needs to be put into play. Longer duration means less food is needed in a hunt, which also means less weight to carry, and less ingredient to spare. Would make things fair, in my opinion.

RO2's cooking system has 100% success rate, but that's already been degraded since WarpPortal offered the best cooked foods as hourly rewards.  :( They've since taken cooked food out of the hourly rewards list, but it's too long too late. I don't know how many Chefs are still left in the game besides me after that debacle.

Well, that's a shame. The idea of crafting in an MMORPG seems very fun, including cooking. Sadly, not many MMORPG can implement it properly at the moment.

#12 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

i just wish there was more of a freestyle cooking in the game... where you can mixand match various ingredients to create different foods with various healing, stat boosting, status curing, buffing ect attributes...

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

There's a lot of recipes I'd like to collect outside the 10 cookbooks. Buche de Noel, Tom Yum Goong, Dragon Soup, etc. But alas, that'll never happen.

#14 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Whats the othr proposal thread for cooking tigress do u know

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Whats the othr proposal thread for cooking tigress do u know

Only other one I know if is this old thread.

http://forums.warppo...out-stat-foods/

#16 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Thanks

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

This is from a Old thread ill be putting from Kadnya

As we know, cooking stat foods has never been easy. Cooking foods require you to finish a quest, hunt for ingredients, cook several times to increase your success, have a dedicated build, hunt for cooking books, and then hunt for the cooking kit. And finally, attempt to succeed at cooking. However, after the implementation of kafra +10 stat food boxes for a low price, the demand for cooked foods decreased a lot, while higher level foods turned to be simply not worth to be made, since they are the hardest to make, weight a lot, and last 2/3 the time than kafra foods last. With the implementation of stat buffer on VIP system, there is no reason to use lower level foods.

So, my proposal to change the cooking system is simple:

First, we could change the ingredient list, to make foods easier to make. For example:

Level 1~2 foods, made from only npc ingredients
Level 3~7, made from npc + some easy monster drops (drops with like 90% to 20% chance)
and Level 8~10 foods, are made from several semi-rare drops (drops around 1% to 5% chance)

This would make foods easier to be made, and interest players into trying without seeing food as something rare to use.

Then, the stat bonuses could be made independent from other +stat buffs, like the RWC firecrackers. Each food would give a bonus of Level/2 f certain stat. They wouldn't directly compete with genetic, kafra, or VIP buffs, but the bonus would be moderate enough.

And then, add a new effect to foods by level: Each food recovers certain HP and/or SP. Since many people have pointed out how they feel that using the current potions isn't functional with the new renewal maxHP and player damages, why not make cooked foods the solution, instead of wishing green ales never end? Foods could be made more available to be the new potions. For example foods could recover:

Level 1: about 600 HP
Level 2: 800 HP
Level 3: 2000 HP
Level 4: 3000 HP and 30 SP
Level 5: 4000 HP and 50 SP
Level 6: 5000 HP and 100 SP
Level 7: 6000 HP and 250 SP
Level 8: 7500 HP and 500 SP
Level 9: 10000 HP and 750 SP
Level 10 Food recovers about 15000 HP and 1000 SP

The "But we can't do it without serious kRO reprogramming cooking!" part:

Yes we can! If you wouldn't want to bother kRO with developing this idea, there are some work-around which could be done:

option a ) Implement this "cooking" as an npc who exchanges your ingredient items into the finished potions

option b ) Forget about reworking the item drops, but implement an npc who trades the current cooked foods, for certain amount of the proposed potions (for example, one of the current level 1 cooked foods + zeny being exchanged into 10 of the proposed potions, for example)

We just need to create the new potion items, even if there is no flashy animation while cooking xP...

This is just an unfinished idea, but I feel that it could work.

#18 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Also i think the only thing really is to increase the succes rate the higher the number of books it is.

Lvl 1 cook book is 50%

LVl 2 cookbook is 55%

Lvl 3 cookbook is 60%

lvl 4 cookbook is 65 %

lvl 5 cookbook is 70 %

lvl 6 cook book 75 %

lvl7 cook book 80%

lvl8 cookbook 85 %

lvl9 cookbook 90 %

lvl 10 would hit 95%

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

That'd be great if we can actually collect ALL the cookbooks. But you can only get the first 5 from Orleans and even then he'll only give out one at a time. The only ones you can actually collect and keep are 6-10.

#20 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

yea i saw that and thought its a good thing thing if u ewant to increase ur cooking u have to return the book and get another one

#21 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hmm i wander if there is anything else we can think of for cooking

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

9580321.jpg

Actually, I want to address this part of your ideas:

First, we could change the ingredient list, to make foods easier to make. For example:

Level 1~2 foods, made from only npc ingredients
Level 3~7, made from npc + some easy monster drops (drops with like 90% to 20% chance)
and Level 8~10 foods, are made from several semi-rare drops (drops around 1% to 5% chance)

This would make foods easier to be made, and interest players into trying without seeing food as something rare to use.

Having recipes highly depending on NPCs is actually pretty bad because it would require spending tons of cash in order to cook. RO2 did just this with their Chef profession and it sucks because you have to cook in order to level up but you're forced to spend money to level up cooking. All the other professions can level up without having to spend nearly as much money as Chefs because the other professions have recipes that don't require NPC items whereas Chefs have to cough up cash for EVERY recipe.

Recipes that don't require NPC items should definitely outnumber recipes that do. That way players with less money can at least have options to level up their cooking without going poor.

A better way to go about doing this is:

Level 1-5 foods using items that have 70%-100% drop rates
Level 6-9 foods using items that have 10%-60% drop rates
Level 10 foods using items that have 10% or less drop rates

Certain recipes from each level will use some NPC items, but allow for some recipes to only use dropped items so players can cook without dipping into their wallets.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 29 March 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#23 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Thats a pretty good idea

#24 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hey if all things wont go as planed how bout just making the cooking rate be like 8-10 per succuss like gen creation for cooking

#25 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

I doubt they even read this thread. I wonder if there's any cooking update on kRO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users