New Class Skill Tree Ideas - Monk & Blood Mage - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Class Skill Tree Ideas - Monk & Blood Mage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes :_:

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Maybe its just me, but I am kind of tired of the classes available. I was kind of wanting to see some more unorthodox classes introduced. Here is my idea for a new classes system for a new race.

Lvl 1 you pick from either Fighter(melee/leather armor) or Disciple(magic/cloth armor)

As a Fighter you specialize in hand-to-hand and/or staff fighting. You would get a lot of self buffs and low mana/low damage spammable skills. They would have a lot of evade similar to a rogue but have higher hp and defense than a rogue so they are playable. They could also be given a small castable shield to negate a certain amount of damage before it times out or gets destroyed. This shield would be able to absorb a little damage amount of damage but have a higher cooldown. This with a short 1 sec stun should allow them to close in on a long range class without being complete canon fodder but also allow the nuker/ranger to fight back because the stun is just long enough to keep the nuker/ranger from kiting initially but not long enough to keep the nuker unable to react or get away.

As a Disciple you manipulate Chi (Life Energy which would probably classify as Curse Damage). You would use a sort of blood magic involving you to have to sacrifice your own hp to do major damage to your enemies. You would also have threat removal spells to cause enemies to stop fighting you unless you attack them again to help you from getting completely ganked by a mob you may have accidently lured while fighting another mob.

Lvl 50 Fighter can become Shaolin or Hermit

Shaolins would specialize in offensive fighting. They could use armor piercing skills and/or buff removing skills like a rogue. Generally they would be lower mana cost than other classes but wouldn't do the damage of the other classes either. Their strength would lie in their ability to even the playing field and win using their natural fighting skills.

Hermits would specialize in defensive fighting. They would have more of a variety of buffs such as elemental resistances for all elements. They would specialize in preventing damage all together. Their hp wouldn't be great nor their defense compared to many of the other classes but the ability to not get damaged would help them balance with the other classes. Accuracy debuffs, evade buffs, possibly a more powerful version of the shield the Fighter has would work well with this class.

Lvl 50 Disciple can either go Acolyte or Bishop

Acolyte would specialize in high risk/ high return style gameplay. They would do the most magic damage over all the mages but would also sacrifice larger portions of their life to do so. For PvE they would have a more powerful aggro removal spell to keep up with the growing level of the enemy mobs. In PvP this would be a glass cannon nuker class. Do a lot of damage really quickly before running to recover or dying.

Hermits would be able to us life stealing skills to replenish the life they give up to use their attacks. They would also have a lot of health cost powerful debuffs. This class would be similar to a Defiler in the sense that its stuns, debuffs are just as powerful but they wouldn't have DoT damage attached to them. Their only damage would be in their offensive spells helping to balance the classes a bit.

These are just ideas however. Chances are Gravity isn't even going to read this.But I thought they might be plausible ideas. Anybody who did read this, however, constructive input would be nice. I have managed to play Requiem since s1 and figured it was about time for a new class however I also understand its hard to think of one.

Edited by Alastor, 01 January 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#2 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

idiotic, if you want this go find another game

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

I don't think the names go well with Requiem. Requiem is more of a futuristic game so Monks and Blood Mages should have more appropriate names to the universe. Also both these classes are represented to some capacity in Requiem in the Battle Mage and Soul Hunter. I think it would be more appropriate to add more to the existing classes that have similar play style then to create brand new classes.

Edited by Cleffy, 01 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#4 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Well it was moreso just an idea. I would really like to see a new race and class tree. I can see how a Monk would be difficult to implement but I figure a blood mage would fit well into the whole horror theme of Requiem.

#5 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

idiotic, if you want this go find another game

Not so much idiotic. New classes would be a good idea so that people wouldn't have to go find a new game. Instead evolve this game to make it better. On another note however even if we did create a good solid class idea I doubt Gravity would implement it anyway.

#6 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

the names don't match with requiem lore. Should be: Nach, Ohrg, Khun and Eonay.

The rest of suggestions remembers me to a lot of another games, I like requiem more original.

#7 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

The part of originality from Requiem is the big point of the game. The game have a good story and just need be availed.

The only "traditional" kind of class I miss is a archer.

We have rogue (crossbow) and hunter (launcher), but this is those style with low attack speed and puppy global range with a big damage. 

I mean... archer is more rapid fire, less damage (per attack) and less range. Cause the game is futurist, but I won't see a really archer. The arch can be changed to any futurist weapon with rapid fire, like a dual guns (if the elves have a bazooka into his hands, why not another weapon?)  or another stuff.

Edited by WhateverHeSaid, 02 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#8 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

the names don't match with requiem lore. Should be: Nach, Ohrg, Khun and Eonay.

The rest of suggestions remembers me to a lot of another games, I like requiem more original.

I am terrible with creativity. The names were just the first things I could think of. I like the originality in Requiem but I also feel it should keep growing because less and less people I know of have heard of this game.

#9 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

The part of originality from Requiem is the big point of the game. The game have a good story and just need be availed.

The only "traditional" kind of class I miss is a archer.

We have rogue (crossbow) and hunter (launcher), but this is those style with low attack speed and puppy global range with a big damage. 

I mean... archer is more rapid fire, less damage (per attack) and less range. Cause the game is futurist, but I won't see a really archer. The arch can be changed to any futurist weapon with rapid fire, like a dual guns (if the elves have a bazooka into his hands, why not another weapon?)  or another stuff.

I remember in DnD playing an Artificer if I remember correctly. It was awesome because they could salvage traps and use the parts to make other creations. But their strong point was their ability to change their armor and damage type according to whoever you were fighting. That was fun but wouldn't fit well in Requiem.

#10 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Nice picture ! They should make a mount out of it :o

#11 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I am terrible with creativity. The names were just the first things I could think of. I like the originality in Requiem but I also feel it should keep growing because less and less people I know of have heard of this game.

If you are interested on requiem story see here, I took classes names from there

#12 Alastor

Alastor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Nice picture ! They should make a mount out of it :o

HAHAHA! Thank you kindly. It would make a very funny mount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users