107 replies to this topic

#76 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I wouldn't complain about a buff to Metallic Sound, but I'm not really worried about it either. Pre-renewal, a Dancer/Bard rarely had reason to attack people in WoE except to pick off undergeared+underprepared characters. Anyone serious and it was Tarot Card spam instead.

I'd rather the choruses be overhauled to be useful. I don't mean just upping the values a little or making them stackable, but a complete reworking of what they do. kRO kiiiinda started to do this, but not to enough of an effect yet. (Though lack of people testing performers doesn't help figure out how much they changed.)

Also Lover Symphony is useless and would be nice to have it switched to some sorta debuff skill instead. Maestros have Harmonize as their harassment solo, so it'd be nice for Wanderer to have one too, especially since that was our main role pre-renewal.

#77 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

Problem is we can never really have this role again, as too many other classes can offensively cripple people now (think white imprison, howl of mandragora, cursed circle, extreme vacuum, masquerade ignorance, etc). The roles are blurred so much that we need more than 1 role to be equally useful now. Sapping SP reliably with metallic sound is a lot better than Tarrot Card, so it makes sense to have an upgarded SP sapper as 3rd job.

Edited by Jaye, 13 July 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#78 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

SP drain isn't much of a job though, because of cheap WoE blue potions and green ales having been so easy to farm.

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

SP sapping while doing HP damage is a decent mechanic to layer upon impeding the enemy in other ways (slowing with slow grace or gloomy, demounting with gloomy, on and off sleeping them, etc.) The class could be pretty good at ranged harassment in terms of HP/SP damage and disabling the use of enemy functionality.

#80 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Whoo-hoo, spirited debate all over the place now! I don't want to get into it, but I'll quickly share my opinions on the matter.

A) I want Metallic Sound to suck more SP from opponents.

:D I want chorus skills to be useful.

In conclusion, I can't really disagree with either of you. Also, in addition to Moonlight Serenade, Voice Lessons 10 is a must for Metallic Sound. It literally doubles the damage. At level 150, MS does 900% damage with no Voice Lessons. With level 10, it does 1800%. Not saying that that is great, but without VL, it's worse than terrible considering the MATK available to performers.

Oh, and I don't know why this popped in my head, but doesn't it seem like there are too many skills in RO that have the initials MS? Just look at performers alone:
Melody Strike
Magic Strings
Mental Sensing
Metallic Sound
Moonlight Serenade

#81 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

My estimates earlier were actually a bit wrong due to my private calc adding up mATK wrong. I wasn't using the negative variance on MATK (-40% off equip MATK for lvl 4 weapons, etc) so the average damage and minimum damage for Metallic sound are actually a few K lower than my previous estimates. Max damage is still correct.

#82 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

My estimates earlier were actually a bit wrong due to my private calc adding up mATK wrong. I wasn't using the negative variance on MATK (-40% off equip MATK for lvl 4 weapons, etc) so the average damage and minimum damage for Metallic sound are actually a few K lower than my previous estimates. Max damage is still correct.

Yeah some a-hole on the wiki kept changing the MATK formula...next time he does it I'm gonna scream vandalism.

#83 Aymanibousi

Aymanibousi

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

My WoE gypsy has gone down the drain, i used to be a 99 vit 99 agi 25 dex offensive dazzler build, but since everyone has immunity at 150 im useless now, i have no idea what my role is, and EVERYONE has the same stats 100 vit/int/dex/luk ffs

make stun immunity at 110 vit now

#84 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Status immunity in general would've been better if they required 120 of a base stat for full resistance, so that people would actually specialize their builds more.

If I remember correctly it used to be a lot harder to get 100% resist, but then jRO lobbied for the 100% resist at 100 stats and that got set as the standard. Makes me wonder what the resist formula was before that, but I couldn't be bothered to dig through all the renewal material looking for it.

#85 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

That is right from what I remember too, Ahina. jRO got what they wanted with aspd and status resistance.

Interestingly a lot of Renewal changes (especially skill-specific cooldowns, many skills have an interesting 0.2 or 0.3 second cooldown) seem to be geared toward obsoleting the 99 AGI as a means to increase the speed of skill spam in strings. So builds like that 99 agi/99 vit one became less attractive in that way too.

Side note, I updated the wiki entry for Moonlight Serenade to reflect what the skill actually does in response to something Marloe said about it effecting the potential of Metallic Sound. It works like Windmill Rush, meaning 1200% metallic will do 1250% with moonlight.

Interestingly, the chorus Sinking Melody is the same type of buff as moonlight but is 25% + (3*#ofPerformers)%. Since choruses are capped at 5 members, this means it does at best +40% matk. What really makes me want to bang my head on the desk is it's less buff than moonlight, AND you lose 25% atk, and need 5 people, and even the 50% from moonlight is pathetic. This is beyond idiotic. If Performers were to be useful support in a duo or larger party, you'd need to add at least 1000% to the end of any spell to have a good chance at decreasing the number of shots a mob needs in a way that makes up for having extra party members. And 5 performers should be like, +3000%, really (can you imagine doing a double firebolt with a sorcerer+5 performers, doing 4000%*2? haha, could be fun).

Something I had mentioned to Akin was warcry/sinking/moonlight/windmill could be changed to instead of adding a fixed amount of damage to the end of skills, instead add to your weapon/equip-specific ATK/MATK, like instead of a 650 mATK warlock getting 150% matk = 975 (overpowered as this stacks with mystic amp), it could instead directly add MATK (not amplified by any other skill) equal to 50% of the wep/equip matk which in the case of the warlock's upgarded staff might be 280 or so. so 140 MATK added for a total of 790. Of Course, sinking melody should still be mega buffed like 40%/performer (counting caster) for a total of +200% (this would add like 840 MATK in the 280 matk upgraded wand example, being like 5.6k damage to a firebolt, 67k added to a tetra vortex etc).

Edited by Jaye, 25 July 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#86 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

I'm kinda getting impatient for those skill changes from kRO. I know we don't need or want a rushed implementation, but if no ones testing all these performer changes over there and then they come here and turn out to be crappy or undesirable (along with all the other class changes), there's going to be a lot of backlash considering how long we've already waited. I hope they consider putting the changes on Sakray soon so the community has a chance to review before they go live.

As for Sinking and Warcry, it appears that kRO realized the overlap (and poorly implemented one at that) of Moonlight/Sinking and Windmill/Warcry and decided to change the two choruses completely. Hopefully, they've buffed Windmill and Moonlight accordingly.

#87 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Talking about stat resistance... The stat immunity is ridiculous. At this rate we will ask to Dazzler change its effect to the "forced sit", instead of stun.

I would prefer 200 of the "stat" being the immunity, being something almost impossible to reach immunity without specific gears. But then, 100 (120) of the stat should be not over 80% resistance. [I mean, the natural duration lowered by 80%, making the stun from Dazzler lasting at least 1 second, and other stats working this way.]

Jaye: Also Sinking will decrease 60 INT after those patches... Destroying most stat resistance and some magic attack (90, right?).

Watch out... 3000% is 30x original damage in some certain skills [Example: 21x damage on Holy Light. Think about a linked Holy Light. It hits up to 4k in a undead 4 enemy without lex (and this with lex on PVP) x21 = 84k damage?]. Instead of adding 3000%, I think it should multiply the total damage. Maybe like Gloomy, but with skills that use MATK.

Like:
lv1: 1.0x Magic Attack. 0.1x extra damage by performer [If chorus cap is 5, so it would add 0.5x, being 1.5x magic damage], Physical Attack decreases in 1.5x [1/1.5 = 0.66, not 0.5]
lv2: 1.0x Magic Attack. 0.2x extra damage by performer [Again, Chorus Cap is 5, total would add 1.0x, being 2x]. Physical Attack decreases in 2x [1/2 = 0.5]
lv3: 1.0x Magic Attack. 0.3x extra damage by performer [Oh you got it. It would add 1.5x, going to 2.5x total], Physical Attack decreases in 2.5x [1/2.5 = 0.4]
4 and 5... Too lazy to say. You got it. The overpower skills would get huge damage, but it would require a very high group of performers to make this so-called damage high.

Or the skill could work like Striking. Adding fixed weapon MATK and decreasing weapon ATK, like you said on the other line. Adding a value regulated by the skill level, and adding extra with the Voice Lessons level.

Edited by asayuu, 25 July 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#88 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

Stone curse and frozen were changed to be resisted by MDEF instead of INT at the same time, so reducing INT isn't that great for that, but really owns mage-classes. This plus howl of mandragora active at any time means warlocks are useless. Such a powerful debuff for a class (warlock) that wasn't strong to begin with! lol

The SP drain overlaps with metallic sound making it completely useless (do not like).

@asayuu

I suggest you re-read my post and the wiki entry for Moonlight Serenade. 3000% added onto the end of Firebolt is 4x damage not 30x. And for Tetra vortex its only 1.25x. On linked Holy Light its 3625% instead of 625%. That is 5.8x the damage not 21x. Adoramous would be better than that :D. Also I talked about it only applying to wand mATK not the whole mATK, so its less than half those numbers in my previous sentences.

Edited by Jaye, 25 July 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#89 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Oh yes, now I got it.

Firebolt 1 spam~~~~ Here I go! [Firebolt 1 is 100% attack. Adding 3000% would take it to 3100%, and this is 31x.]

I need to check the linked Holy Light, because I'm not sure how it multiplies. This will be checked as soon as possible.

Actually, this might be the only way to make Wanderer's Improvised Song spells deal some useful damage... Or not.

Also, talking about Improvised Song: It should have Sage magic too, not only Mage/Wizard, so the skill would be someway useful.

#90 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Even firebolt 1 spam @ 3100% would be pretty unimpressive next to 3rd job skills, and you are also forgetting this is 5 people supporting 1, they should rightfully be pretty powerful in this setup.

If one performer was doing swing dance, another magic strings, another doing impressive riff, etc., you could have a super warlock with max skill spam aspd with no delay on that firebolt 1, and you'd be doing the max skill spam speed (4/sec) which is 12,400%, which is only 400% better than tetra, inferior to moonlight/sinking+tetra, and can't be lexed like tetra, etc. Its not that impressive :D

Edited by Jaye, 25 July 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#91 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Burst damage x Damage per second.

This is the main difference of the 3100% Firebolt against the 15000% Tetra Vortex. I can't say more because I don't know more data about Tetra Vortex, its four balls, delay and cooldown. But why not having both?

In all the cases. I still want Sage magic on Improvised Song~~~~~omg~~~~

Okay, 3000% to magic skills... But how much for physical attack, when we say about Warcry? 3000% on physical skills is too much... One little example would be our rainstorming~~~~~omg~ Being 10 separate hits of 300+[dex+agi/5]... 450%, each hit would raise in 3000%~~~~~~ 34500% ATK for a total rainstorm? I need to recalculate this... But the lack of Windmill hurts to check each hit's calculations ):

#92 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

The class could be pretty good at ranged harassment in terms of HP/SP damage and disabling the use of enemy functionality.

I agreed with this in all kinds of ways <3

Deep sigh I need to start posting here its more enjoyable to read, then the maestro thread.

But yes I also want Sound to get a buff in terms of sucking more sp from people.

Edited by Yanzan, 26 July 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#93 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

SR would be the best use of the warcry for sure :P. 3000% mod of course would be overpowered on a skill that breaks down hits that way, yeah. In fact 3000% is a bit too high seeing as how ATK is generally higher than mATK to begin with. Also try to remember this % is only an iteration of weapon atk/matk in my suggestion, not status atk/matk, which only makes up 1/2 of your damage easily.

Having done the math it does seem overpowered with maestro/wanderers doing a party of 5 all 5 spamming SR, but really that's the only time the buff seems overpowered, when they are all self-buffing themselves in this way and layering 5 SRs on top of one another, each doing 4x normal damage. This skill only seems balanced at higher% mods when you're supporting someone else and not contributing to the DPS with your own skill being augmented. I think the simplest solution is Performer skills themselves wouldn't be modified by warcry/moonlight. A more complex solution might involve only the first hit of any given skill being modified (such as mystic amp), rather than all hits for the duration of the skill.

#94 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Jaye: Also Sinking will decrease 60 INT after those patches... Destroying most stat resistance and some magic attack (90, right?).

Where did you get the number 60 from? I hope it wasn't from my post in that patch notice thread because I was way off! :P

#95 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

I really prefer metallic sound was a strong SP sapping skill than moonlight serenade doing that. :/ Metallic is pointless otherwise. It's really weak in PVM. Sooo sad.

#96 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

>.> OK FIRST OFF.

ONLY PVM skill is Severe Rainstorm. Question is, how do u dance with a BOW!? It should be under a whip and it consumes to much arrows and SP. Since it requires a bow, you cant really use it when ur dancing with a 2nd class skill.

Dances for a wanderer: OMG we wanderers only got 3 dances that we can USE without another wanderer/maestro. The three skills are Swing Dance, Lover Symphony, and Moonlight Serenade. The only one we REaLLY USE is Swing dance. But how come it dont increase ASPD by percentage like Windmill. I heard they was a bug for Swing Dance but it dont really work. I think yall should give us new dances THAT DONT require another wanderer/maestro. Besides, the "Chorus Skills" need a MAJOR BOOST. Half the time when i use them they suck and dont do much. (Make some new songs)

DSL: DSL is the one of our only SELF DEfENSE skill along with Sirens. Deep Sleep Lullaby helps us wanderers be safe when we fight. But theres a bug to it as well. When we use it, if a person already casted, they still cast once their asleep. One special thing about this skill is, we can use our whips for it and use other wanderer skills after. BUT HOW COME WE MUST HAVE A LONG ASS DELAY? thats not fair on how yall giving ABS better things. Yall gonna let ABS heal our SONGS. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN ABS HEAL SINGING!? Yall gms believe in letting them heal DSL but that skill should only be canceled by Wanderers/maestros since we sing. The person who said it works for PVM is thinking right BUT it should be an AOE. The fact that we gotta target something aint fair. (Stay the same)

Sirens Voice: Sirens Voice is THE MAIN SELF DEFENSE SKILL. It allows us wanderers to run freely with our harmonizing voice. But thing is, yall believe in nerfing the success rate. My question is why? It should be buffed, because it only really works in PvP or WoE and BARELY for PVM. One silly thing is, when we Sirens them and they fall in love with us, they can still bomb/trap us. Its not fair that traps can hit us and manwholes can trap us when they are suppose to be in the STATE of loving us. Ugh this neeeds a major buff with PVM. LOL I use this and half the time it dont work in PVM. This skills is only good for woe and pvp. (Buffed or stay the same)

Song of Despair: Song of Despair TOTALLY SUCKS. When we cast it , it requires a product that costs 200z a piece. Stupid part is how when we use it, it takes long to cast. By the time we cast it, our enemies get away. Sometimes EVEN if we catch them, they can Backslide or Snap out. THATS SO UNFAIR how they can escape it using those skills. SoD should be able to stop them from escaping so we wanderers can freely go on and run or do whatever we please. ( Needs to be Buffed_

Circle of Nature: Seriously, this skill sucks. This skill literally depletes the SP force out of for healing. When we use it, it dont even recover much HP yet it consumes alot of SP. I got nothing to say about this cause its stupid. This needs to be buff.

Death Valley: Ok yall should SO leave ressurection to the ABS. This skill requires a item that costs more then a BGEM just to res people. Worse part is how do it consumes the target Sp? :rolleyes: Either replace this skill or buff it please.

Saturday Night Fever: Hehe this is the only decent chorus skill. I just advice yall extend it more.

Chorus Skills: OMG these songs SUCKS. These skills can barely be used unless theres another Singer with you. Another thing is, it dont EVEN extend far. Yall just need to re-adjust all of these skills.

#97 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yeah its pretty well known that the performance skills are probably the worst implemented set of skills in all of RO renewal.

#98 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

"Oh look, the lizard boy, Leon."

ONLY PVM skill is Severe Rainstorm. Question is, how do u dance with a BOW!? It should be under a whip and it consumes to much arrows and SP. Since it requires a bow, you cant really use it when ur dancing with a 2nd class skill.

Severe Rainstorm is too strong already. High cost, high reward. I prefer a buff on the other music attack skills. How sad Magic Attack got crashed on Renewal, and then Reverberation and Metallic Sound got crashed together.

Dances for a wanderer: OMG we wanderers only got 3 dances that we can USE without another wanderer/maestro [1]. The three skills are Swing Dance, Lover Symphony, and Moonlight Serenade. The only one we REaLLY USE is Swing dance [2]. But how come it dont increase ASPD by percentage like Windmill. [3] I heard they was a bug for Swing Dance but it dont really work. I think yall should give us new dances THAT DONT require another wanderer/maestro. [4] Besides, the "Chorus Skills" need a MAJOR BOOST. Half the time when i use them they suck and dont do much. [5] (Make some new songs)

1- 7. Not counting Circle of Nature, Deep Sleep Lullaby, Gloomy Shyness and Siren's Voice.
2- I use Moonlight Serenade when I don't have another wanderer. Otherwise I use Song of Mana.
3- Percentage ASPD is a failure. Swing Dance must give fixed ASPD. Percentage ASPD is only good on low speeds. Something like. 1 ASPD each level of Swing Dance and additional 1 ASPD each two levels of Voice Lessons.
4- I disagree. More solo songs are not necessary. Unless they work like RG's Banding, and gain effect in the size of the party. And then I would like the choruses working solo with lower effect.
5- I agree.

DSL: DSL is the one of our only SELF DEfENSE skill along with Sirens [1]. Deep Sleep Lullaby helps us wanderers be safe when we fight. But theres a bug to it as well. When we use it, if a person already casted, they still cast once their asleep. One special thing about this skill is, we can use our whips for it and use other wanderer skills after. BUT HOW COME WE MUST HAVE A LONG ASS DELAY? [3] thats not fair on how yall giving ABS better things. Yall gonna let ABS heal our SONGS. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN ABS HEAL SINGING!?[3] Yall gms believe in letting them heal DSL but that skill should only be canceled by Wanderers/maestros since we sing. The person who said it works for PVM is thinking right BUT it should be an AOE. The fact that we gotta target something aint fair. [4] (Stay the same)

1- Because you use Song of Despair in the wrong way.
2- Cooldown. Learn to use other skills in those five seconds. When I deep sleep someone, I despair around the person five times and run away.
3- The main goal of an Archbishop is heal status effect. If they can heal NORMAL sleep, I don't mind they healing Deep Sleep. BUT.
4- I think Deep Sleep will be better after balance patch. Less success rate, but ability to be used on PVM and no more requiring a target. AOE will be centered at the performer.

Sirens Voice: Sirens Voice is THE MAIN SELF DEFENSE SKILL [1]. It allows us wanderers to run freely with our harmonizing voice. But thing is, yall believe in nerfing the success rate. My question is why? It should be buffed, because it only really works in PvP or WoE and BARELY for PVM. One silly thing is, when we Sirens them and they fall in love with us, they can still bomb/trap us. Its not fair that traps can hit us and manwholes can trap us when they are suppose to be in the STATE of loving us. [2] Ugh this neeeds a major buff with PVM. LOL I use this and half the time it dont work in PVM. This skills is only good for woe and pvp. (Buffed or stay the same)

1- Same note as the "1" on Deep Sleep Lullaby.
2- It makes no sense you can IGNORE the existance of already existing traps. I would prefer if they could not target our cells though.
3- I don't even waste my time using this. Siren only drives the attention of the targets away from us. It means. If we are duoing with a healer, and use Siren, the monsters attack and kill the healer. And we have more tanking capacibility than they. If Siren, aka AOE Charming Wink could make the monsters stop attacking anyone in the party, I believe it would be better.

Song of Despair: Song of Despair TOTALLY SUCKS [1]. When we cast it , it requires a product that costs 200z a piece. Stupid part is how when we use it, it takes long to cast [1]. By the time we cast it, our enemies get away. Sometimes EVEN if we catch them, they can Backslide or Snap out. THATS SO UNFAIR how they can escape it using those skills. [3] SoD should be able to stop them from escaping so we wanderers can freely go on and run or do whatever we please. ( Needs to be Buffed_

"1- Because you use Song of Despair in the wrong way."
2- 2 seconds variable? I think it is pretty fast. My despairs cast in less than one second, and without delay, I can cast five at the same place.
3- All the hunters complain about this already. Everyone wants Snap and Backslide to stop working against "immobilized" targets.

Circle of Nature: Seriously, this skill sucks. This skill literally depletes the SP force out of for healing. When we use it, it dont even recover much HP yet it consumes alot of SP. I got nothing to say about this cause its stupid. This needs to be buff.

Circle must be reverted to the OLD form. And be able to be used outside PVP.

Death Valley: Ok yall should SO leave ressurection to the ABS. This skill requires a item that costs more then a BGEM just to res people. Worse part is how do it consumes the target Sp? :o Either replace this skill or buff it please.

This item costs more than a BGEM, but WAY LESS THAN A YGGDRASIL LEAF. And has lower cast time too. You don't use this to resurrect ordinary people. You use it to revive ABs. This skill will be very nice after a buff [or a revert] on Circle of Nature.

Also. Be happy. The reverted form drained 100% SP of the target on level 1. Now it is "only" 50%.

Saturday Night Fever: Hehe this is the only decent chorus skill. I just advice yall extend it more.

Fever should be reverted too. And then it would be overpower~~~~ /rice

Chorus Skills: OMG these songs SUCKS. These skills can barely be used unless theres another Singer with you. Another thing is, it dont EVEN extend far. Yall just need to re-adjust all of these skills.

I hate the low durations and huge cooldowns of the choruses.

Now stop quoting the person, and writings about myself

After the magic attack nerf on Renewal, the existance of Improvised Song is ridiculous. It would be cool if Improvised Song casted an improvised "song" from Bard/Dancer/Ensemble/Maestro/Wanderer in a target. It should have a "?" mark as its buff sign, and of course, a random effect which would not be known unless the person tries. [Yes, I think about a wanderer casting a targetable Magic Strings at random]

Or else take all the mage/wizard spells and put ONLY SAGE/SCHOLAR SPELLS in the place, because they are the only good magic for wanderers nowadays. [Yes, Soul Exhale /rice]

Most skills should really be reverted to the OLD way, the one that is marked on Doddlercon wiki. Because they are useless now.

Also. Voice lessons is really boosting FEW skills.

#99 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

You dismantled that person's post in a very pessimistically pro-current-mechanics way. While I disagree with the reasoning behind much of aznversaiboi's explanations, I do feel the chorus/song aspect of performers is overwhelmingly poorly designed and is lacking in both practicality and usefulness in PVM, and in WoE, the uses of skills that don't suck have a strong amount of overlap with other classes-- classes which are useful beyond said skills, while performers aren't.

Wanderers (and to a lesser extent maestros) need a severe/drastic buff to their ability ro either a.) support or b.) damage, because having a disable skill like deep sleep lullaby isn't enough to stand alone in WoE when virtually every other class can disable people (think manhole, cursed circle, vaccuum extreme, GX poisons, etc, etc, etc) while still doing one of the other 2 roles significantly better than performers. Chaser are better at disabling people in the end than wanderer/maestro, and most would say performers shouldn't deal competitive damage, so all that is left is beneficial ally buffs to make them useful.

Wanderer needs something on the tier of magic strings, maestro needs berserk guitar removed, and both classes in general need a little extra 'uNF' when it comes to supporting a party in PVM. Presently these characters are not useful for much. I feel sorry for whatever party you're doing moonlight serenade in and convincing yourself you're useful.

Edited by Jaye, 27 September 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#100 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

I don't feel useful. I just say I am doing something. I keep Moonlight on because people request me. I prefer Song of Mana though, so the non-agi classes [Therefore weak to bleeding] regen even on bleeding state [Scarabs~~~~]. The level 3 makes it permanent for now.

When people request me, I attack. When people request my support, I open Gypsy's Kiss [only thing the whole class have as useful until balance patch] and throw some random solos/choruses. Swing Dance is useless in parties with Archbishops [The moving extra speed does not stack with Increase Agi, if I'm sure]

The main point is. I don't support a wanderer walking solo in combat, which is the main point of that post above mine.

The CONCEPT of the chorus skills is good. But the effects don't work accordingly. [Check how "overpowered" the ensembles are, only requiring two characters. 80% resistance on Acoustic, defense dropping to zero on Down Tempo, Classical Pluck and the "non-skill use on the zone"] The skills require lots of performers to be useful. But who really ENJOYS leveling a performer to the point to make it useful?

I wish Moonlight worked like Mystical Amplification during the skill duration. If the magic attack were not hammered by Renewal, Symphony of Lover would be a little more useful than it is now. Those solos could be reformuled, to be a little more useful.

I prefer the support side. The post of this person shows a person wanting to use a team class solo.

And when I say "revert". I don't say "mantain". I say to revert to the original concept, which is listed here: http://ro.doddlercon...erer_/_Minstrel

Goddesses, the skills could even STACK on the original thing. So we could have Moonlight, Swing Dance and Windmill Rush together to benefit the whole party with things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users