92 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Guillotine Crose?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

#2 snowstorm

snowstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

can you just allow us to bot to 150 like Longx?

#3 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

@snowstorm your post is uncalled for.

to add to this topic, I feel GX like many of the other 3rd classes are stuck with a few great skills, and a load of fillers....thus the same anti-unique builds will arise.

#4 brandon

brandon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Location5 dolla holla
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

The poison skill that hits you for 500 or w/e that hits for 5 minutes needs fixing.

#5 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

@Brandon - those poisons are supposed to last that long, there is an anti dote that all gx can get as well which can be used to cure anyone.

Buff enchant deadly poison in pvm, leave it how it is in pvp.

Meteor assualt and rolling cutter being 3x3 is pretty small, 5x5 would be nice and doesn't seem over powered to me.

Cross ripper slasher - don't really care about using this when I can just use cross impact, even after spinning around 10 times.

Poison cloud - make it last longer, especially at lvl 5.

I'm not sure if the poisons you infect someone with go away if they relog/b wing, but it should, either that or logging/b winging should get rid of it, this needs to be checked.

Edited by Ghost007, 01 November 2010 - 10:43 PM.

#6 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

I read on iROwiki that Dark Illusion is not usable during WoE...This is not acceptable when skills like snap and of course, the infamous flying kick are allowed. There is absolutely no reason it should not be usable, you cannot use it on allies to move onto them or their cells and the chance to trigger Cross Impact is so low that it shouldn't even have a factor in this. In my opinion, Flying Kick was way more over powered when Soul Links were still viable than Dark Illusion ever will be, please enable it for war.

If I received some kind of wrong information and Dark Illusion is usable, please disregard this post.
Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, Cross Ripper Slasher...I don't think the counters increase the damage of that skill as of now. If it does, well, that skill is just really bad. Soul Destroy easily tops it and you don't need 10 silly counters to deal damage.

Edited by Poko4Sho, 02 November 2010 - 07:32 AM.

#7 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

I recall stating that Korea disabled Dark Illusion because it could be used to bypass barricades and snipable ledges. Might be able to get away with it in woe1 though...

#8 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Ah, I must have missed that. STILL, being able to pass through barricades with it and such is a bug within itself and hopefully they can come to some terms with this skill and war. It would really be a shame if it wasn't ever usable.

#9 Scythe

Scythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLille, France

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

I don't know if I am the only one to think Dark Illusion is a little underpowered. 50 SP is a lot for a skill that most of the time only blinks you to the monster (which proves to be quite useless if you encounter some lag) with a single normal hit. Cross Impact rarely procs and you still have to click on the monster to continue hitting it. You could either reduce the cost, improve the single hit power, increase the Cross Impact proc rate, or add an autoattack function to avoid losing time. Any of those would make the skill better.

#10 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

After testing GX and playing it on ymir, here are somethings that i believed should be at least looked at or changed.

Rolling Cutter Dmg is decent, if boosted slightly more it would be a great addition to mobbing since most classes have crazy aoe skills.

Cross Ripper Slash is a strong skill, but Rolling Cutter "counter" time does not last long enough to benefit cross ripper slasher.

Hallucination Walk seems to be a cool and useful skill, but it seemed like the cooldown for it is way too long.

EDP should be changed in PvM like mentioned earlier. Why are there so much restrictions on certain skills, makes it almost not worth using. cost about 150k-200k a bottle it should be powerful. Also i think on the test server EDP had a longer duration than ymir. that could also be a good fix to make edp last longer and not disappear on logout too.

Edited by Lancer, 02 November 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#11 Dantemss

Dantemss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

EDP seems too weak against anything. On my 99 sinx, using EDP increased sonic blow damage by 1k (from 5k to 6k) on a random monster. Definitely not worth the price of the bottle.

Dark Illusion should be allowed on WoE 1 at least, just like leap. Otherwise, it's nearly worthless.

By the way, to whoever was wondering, EDP's duration is increased by new poison research I believe (up to 90 seconds).

#12 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hello,

I feel that all the other classes have been beefed up, but GX got stuck with low skills and nerfed edp.

I was able to do EDP Linked sonic blow that owned in pre renewal, but now the GX can not even get a Cross Impact that is compareable. I really feel that Cross impact needs to be increase so that we stand some chance of dealing damage in WoE. If not then the GX will fade away from the woe scene. They are no longer needed as a breaker since the emperium is not breakable as it used to be. So now they need to be deadly, but any character can easily out pot a GX in woe, so how do we compare?

Also, dark illusion to level 5 is a terrible prerequisite for holuscination walk.
Can we somehow get this changed I would much rather use those points on poisons.

Also if edp is nerfed, can we get the time it lasts streched? They would at least be worth making again if they lasted like 5 min instead of 1.

#13 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Would it be possible for weapon blocking deactivation to have a lower or removed SP cost? It's just kind of annoying that it costs quite a bit of SP when most of the time I want to deactivate it because my SP is low... XD

#14 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

How do you compare in WoE? That is simple, really. To me, it seems that GX has become a type of "Support" class.
How can you say you aren't deadly when you have these amazing poisons. Poison smoke portals, pre-casts, people attacking your emperium, everything you can. Watch when you get off magic mushroom and 8 people re-log. If anybody is poison'd by a GX, it is your job to antidote them.
So far, that's the only real job I can see a GX having during war.

Like Dantemms said, EDP goes back to the normal time as long as you have Lv.10 Poison research but you guys need to remember, the EDP formula has changed and it's not really going to improve the damage if you use it on a random monster with a random weapon. My EDP cross impact does the same as my linked edp SB used to do pre-renewal.

IMO, cool down for Hallucination Walk is appropriate. That skill is insane, and without proper consequences for using it, people would just complain it was to good and scream for a nerf.

Also totally believe that Rolling Cutter is garbage, I do the same damage, if not more with level 10 Meteor Assault and at least with MA, I use a sword and a shield and don't have my defenses lowered thanks to a crappy katar.

#15 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

How do you compare in WoE? That is simple, really. To me, it seems that GX has become a type of "Support" class.
How can you say you aren't deadly when you have these amazing poisons. Poison smoke portals, pre-casts, people attacking your emperium, everything you can. Watch when you get off magic mushroom and 8 people re-log. If anybody is poison'd by a GX, it is your job to antidote them.
So far, that's the only real job I can see a GX having during war.

Like Dantemms said, EDP goes back to the normal time as long as you have Lv.10 Poison research but you guys need to remember, the EDP formula has changed and it's not really going to improve the damage if you use it on a random monster with a random weapon. My EDP cross impact does the same as my linked edp SB used to do pre-renewal.

IMO, cool down for Hallucination Walk is appropriate. That skill is insane, and without proper consequences for using it, people would just complain it was to good and scream for a nerf.

Also totally believe that Rolling Cutter is garbage, I do the same damage, if not more with level 10 Meteor Assault and at least with MA, I use a sword and a shield and don't have my defenses lowered thanks to a crappy katar.

Thanks for the insight.

I will try some of these poisons out. It is just way different strategy it seems as a GX than we were as a Sinx.

#16 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. A lot of roles have swapped though, if you think about it.

#17 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Phantom Menace doesn't work on players in stealth? If Meteor Assault reveals them, why doesn't Phantom Menace?
Definitely "bugged or undesirable":P, should be looked into.

#18 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

GX really need a buff. They are jokes in woe, went from a very powerful one hit ko/great crowd control class to being next to useless.

#19 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

GX really need a buff. They are jokes in woe, went from a very powerful one hit ko/great crowd control class to being next to useless.

I second this...

#20 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Biggest problem I see in WoE, is that GX should be the best dps class, except others have skills that have little to no time/delay, and can cause 10k+ damage to someone with Demihuman equips on.

Need to either nerf the time/delay of skills for other classes, or boost dps of gx somehow.

I guess with venom impress, enchant poison, use one of the new poisons, a +9 glorious kvm katar, EDP, mellee for 1 second then chain CI...

Your opponent will still outpot you.

Good news is besides edp, kro hasn't really had a gx balance patch yet.

#21 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

how about enable backslide in woe so i can get out of the way of that retardedly OP uninteruptable dragonbreath

#22 Corma

Corma

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Ive got more than a few complaints about Guillotine cross. Ive been playing RO since '03 and other MMO's besides. I always choose thief classes because I love Agility based characters. In RO it always appears like Assassin class, unless it uses a certain cookie cutter build (I.E. Crit or SD, basically non agi types) are useless in PVP/WOE, but now with the edition of GX and renewal were even seeming useless against monsters! The biggest thing i find annoying is that it seems were relegated to being a distraction class or a class that picks off the annoying enemies, but never mobbers. When I saw Rolling cutter and Counter Slash, I got my hopes up that that might help change the perception. But unfortunately i was proven wrong, How can we compete with our lousy 3x3 AOEs while everyone else gets ridiculously larger attack areas like Dragon Breath. Higher end monsters often attack from 2 or more spaces away and thus Rolling cutter and Counter Slash always miss them and now that Flee has been reduced (even though it appears higher) those monsters attacking and reducing my flee make Sins Easier to kill than ever before. Prerenewal, with my 99 agi, i could easily flee tank 9+ Ice titans with no problem, now if i have more than 5 desert wolves on me, i may as well have no Agi at all, even with 120 + additional! All im asking for is a fix to either rolling cutter or Counter slash that changes it from 3x3 to 5x5, hell if youre feeling generous 7x7. but having 2 AOE moves that both only encompass a 3x3 area is just plain wrong

#23 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

AGI need to do something bout hit rate too...

i cant figure out how am i gonna manage to put 90 Dex on my Gx to MVP without sacrificing too much vit/str/agi

its hard!

Edited by iCare, 09 November 2010 - 05:05 AM.

#24 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

how about enable backslide in woe so i can get out of the way of that retardedly OP uninteruptable dragonbreath

hide?

#25 Stag

Stag

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

I am upset that the skill description of counter slash is "the damage is increased by the user's AGI" and that if you have more AGI and less STR then you do less damage. That doesn't make since. So I am hoping that the skill will get fixed and that instead of the skill being based on STR it is actually based on AGI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users