Guillotine Cross - Page 3 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guillotine Cross

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

I dont care to much about Guillotine Cross but Venom Pressure poisons need to be debuffed when the poisoned target LOGS OUT, just that..... no more, no less its just extremly anoying that skill, to much time of effect, and its worst than the death in woe for a mage class, Rune Knight dont care becouse dragons breath and Clashing spiral are unstopeable in woe,pvp and pvm without phen or other item

#52 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

No cool down for Hallucination walk.. I think no one from admin read this gX thread. Since we aint got no reply.
Its like, what facking ever gXes.

#53 Feral

Feral

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

No cool down for Hallucination walk.. I think no one from admin read this gX thread. Since we aint got no reply.

Reading and posting are two different things, I'm sure they'd be more inclined to take suggestion if the thread didn't consist of 3 parts whining and 1 part upset.

First, EDP was a bad idea to begin with. Second, a "spike" sin seems out of place, since the premise of generation one sins was to use the advantage in preparing the attack (poison, sneaks and the likeness), which is why the skills royally confuzzle me (especially Cross Impact), if Sonic Blow already exists, why not modify it for Guillotine Crosses?

To be honest, I think the job as a WHOLE needs to be remade (even aesthetically), much more carefully, the last thing RO really needs is more skill spamming uncoordinated melee jobs. Likewise, the last thing Dev's need is players shoving their role assumption around like it's the rule of the game.

#54 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Today I was hit with Leech End poison from a GX and I have to say it needs to be changed. The way it currently works is that it's your character performing a normal atk on yourself. So all auto proc weaps cards you have equipped proc on yourself. So imagine that leech end was making my +9 Glorious Spear spam GD on myself. LAME!

#55 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Could poisons please cancel on relog? >_> Tired of dying in the inn~

#56 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

We are getting visitors now.. I know gX is still on TOP! Just wait..

#57 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

that would be beyond broken.

#58 M22T

M22T

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Today I was hit with Leech End poison from a GX and I have to say it needs to be changed. The way it currently works is that it's your character performing a normal atk on yourself. So all auto proc weaps cards you have equipped proc on yourself. So imagine that leech end was making my +9 Glorious Spear spam GD on myself. LAME!

i think that only happens when you have a reflect skill/armour on

#59 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Could poisons please cancel on relog? >_> Tired of dying in the inn~

THIS!^ Not to mention they have absurdly long durations so if it's not the kind that can kill you, then you have to sit out for a LONG time like 4min ea. Super lame and gay.

i think that only happens when you have a reflect skill/armour on

No, I got completely naked in pvp and only had on spear. Pwned myself with GD on leech end.

Edited by LordVader, 17 January 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#60 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Or you could just ask a guild GX to cure you with what is remarkably cheap to do so. The poisons are supposed to be powerful and a long duration as they can be easy cured by another GX.

#61 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

as soon as you decide to change a sinx to gx the game stops being fun to play. first off, the job change quest takes several hours to do. not because it's a long quest, but simply because of the 1 and 3 hour cooldown timers between steps. seriously? what did i play for here? did you actually charge me to wait around and do nothing for 4 hours? i demand a refund. after getting to 102, the game instantly stops being fun. in the 90's, the average monsters' exp came out to about 2.5k, give or take a few hundred. this was slow but not so slow that it killed all of the fun to be had. level up 10 levels and the exp requirement goes up by a multiplier of like 7 while average exp from monsters only goes up like 35%. end result? for a class that cant oneshot or mob kill effectively, it takes 33 hours to go from 103-104. the problem here isnt with the class itself but with the base mechanics of the game. the exp curve past 100 is just plain stupid. the current effect of dex is just plain stupid. the zerg rush style of play required to level now is just plain stupid. GX's dont have seige tanks they can park on a cliff to kill 30+ monsters at once. 4k kills for a level is no big deal for a sorc or warlock, they have fullscreen AoEs that do 20k+, i cant even get 20k out of edp CI with correct sized weaps, element and cards. it takes far too long to hunt down 4k+ monsters one at a time. even if you happen to find a nice place to level, you cant just stay there, next level needs 20% more exp and the mobs give 10% less exp. the upper exp cap is the greatest hinderance of all, no problem killing monsters 20-30 levels higher than my character's level but theres no reward for being successful, only punishment. getting 9-11k for killing a high risk monster is not gamebreaking, especially if it would require killing them one at a time or GOD FORBID IT WOULD NEED A PARTY TO KILL. there is no high risk leveling anymore, staple of the assassin class tree, only mass genocide of less than desirable targets. when i kill a monster i want to see the percentage on my exp bar actually change after each kill, as it is now, i have to kill like 5 or 6 just to get it to move 0.1%. this isnt fun anymore, i'm done.

#62 Poisonslash

Poisonslash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

I liked how assassin crosses were pre-renewal. Now GX is way too reliant on poisons which cost way to much. Atleast before renewal Assassin X wasnt so reliant on poisons and you could do without.

#63 Kirushin

Kirushin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi, I strongly feel that GX should be given a dash AoE skill(sort of like backslide) but does 7x7 damage around the GX as he dashes foward. Also, Why is it that GX cannot use Dark Illusion in WoE but SC can use Flying kick and mech can use foward dash?

Overall, this game NEEDS to be balanced. Please refer to jRO/kRO for tips. Thanks.

Edited by Kirushin, 14 February 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#64 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi, I strongly feel that GX should be given a dash AoE skill(sort of like backslide) but does 7x7 damage around the GX as he dashes foward. Also, Why is it that GX cannot use Dark Illusion in WoE but SC can use Flying kick and mech can use foward dash?

Overall, this game NEEDS to be balanced. Please refer to jRO/kRO for tips. Thanks.

Coz they said we will be more deadly.. I felt the use of that skill.. Even for like 2 sieges.. Kinda like test it out..

#65 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

After having tried out GX for a bit and getting the ever so important Weapon Blocking/Counter Slash combo for AoEing, I have to add my support for having the AoE range increased for playability purposes. Even players have the ability to hit a monster with melee over 1 cell. As such, the Counter Slash often gets bugged out and makes for very frustrating play (i.e. monsters attack from out of range; you attack out of range; Counter Slash pushes them out of range) . I imagine the same goes for rolling cutter though less so because it has no pushback.

Another problem is Weapon Blocking costing 40 sp both to start and stop. It shouldnâ??t happen to turn a skill off. However if someone has a small sp recovery rate they will find themselves regaining sp just enough to keep it up without it ever running out but not enough to turn it off.

This is even worse considering the skill causes a large delay in normal attacks that is only removable using Counter Strike/Weapon Crush. This delay needs to be removed so a person is not forced to use these skills whenever Weapon Blocking procs. Generally most people only want to use Counter Strike when they have a mob on them as it can get quite sp intensive. As for right now they have to use it all the time to end the delay or turn the skill off for another 40 sp.

This is hardly bearable.

#66 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hi.

Please make my AoE bigger. It sucks. As I get higher in level, it becomes harder to find easily mobbed monsters that attack near enough to me to use my skill effectively. Dark Illusion, I find, is not reliable due to the game's habit of position lagging to Hell. I know I can edit how my computer handles in coming packets to lessen this but, as it stands now, this is a very ineffective skill and is rather tedious to use in combination with Dark Illusion.

Nombus (posted above) makes another excellent point. The skill has a knock back. Unless the target is one shotted, that means we need to remob and get ourselves back into a favorable position. Uuughhh.

Edited by Kitten, 21 February 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#67 Corma

Corma

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

Honestly, im just gonna say it, It feels like the development team intentionally and blatantly made Guillotine cross weaker than just about every other melee class in the game. Unfortunately there's two reasons why the game no longer seems to favor GXs, one is the ridiculously large amount of experience points necessary for a level up compounded with the game's new Experience penalty for monsters higher than you. This needs to be removed! There ought to be an experience REWARD for hunting monsters much higher than you; one of my fondest memories was being a lvl 6x thief hunting mi gaos due to being able to effectively flee-tank them unlike other melee classes at that level. That was one of the many thinnggs that helped balance the game for thief classes, we couldnt do bowling bashes, Holy crosses,Cart revolutions, arrow showers, or any other amazing AOE skill to hit many enemies at once, the most we had as assassins was grimtooth which was 3x3; thus our only option was to go to where the higher leveled characters trained and rely on agi. Why cant we do this now? I completely understand the need to lower exp for monsters lower leveled but higher leveled monsters oughtnt have the same penalty. Compound that entire exp rant with our lousy AOE attacks which are all only 3x3, with the exception of Meteor assault which is 5x5 but only a transcendant skill, and you have a recipe for disaster for the Guillotine Cross class, which is no wonder why none of us made the list of "Finalized List of the Race to 150 winners!". we simply couldnt compete with Rune Knights Dragonbreathing things for 22k+, or Warlocks entire screen AOE's, even Mechanics with thier cart cannon beat us out. Oh and lets not forget Gloomy Shyness ONLY triples the damage for Rune Knights and Royal Guards while we lose our Skill damage EDP's; thats totally fair. to summarize, we need bigger AOE's on rolling cutter and/or counter slash, AND the new experience penalty needs to be removed for monsters higher leveled than you, and while youre at it, give back skilled EDP to compensate for gloomy shyness. Renewal was supposed to add things not take them away.

#68 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

I think the changes to EDP damage would have been alright if the duration were increased a bit. Not even necessarily on WoE maps, but on field maps to at least give us some incentive to use it leveling. Suitable areas to level GXs also tend to be ones with poor spawn density. I find I use a good chunk of my EDP time often just looking for something else to kill before it runs out.

The additional 30 seconds New Poison Research gives at level ten is nice and all, but not a skill many GX will end up getting. I think the initial EDP skill should be reevaluated and New Poison Research should act as bonus time for those who invest points into it.

#69 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Yeah. EDP was overnerfed. By the way IMHO EDP should have it`s duration increased to 5 minutes without new poison research and 7.5 minutes with NPS 10 Lvl to make it more standart application buff to Weapons and make it more useful in Renewal PvM.

#70 KVGankster

KVGankster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

I am upset that the skill description of counter slash is "the damage is increased by the user's AGI" and that if you have more AGI and less STR then you do less damage. That doesn't make since. So I am hoping that the skill will get fixed and that instead of the skill being based on STR it is actually based on AGI.

from my tests it's based on both i dropped my agi by 40 points and i did 3k less dmg than when i had 100 agi and your weapon atk and gear atk affects your dmg more than str does now so 100 total str is all you really need it's a major waste of points too get anything higher just saying and anything over 110 total agi is pretty much a waste too you still won't flee and it doesn't really increase dps that much your better off getting luck for crit and more dmg b/c it adds 1 atk for every 3 luk so better too put your points here

#71 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

i agree with most of the posts here,

1. Give us back old EDP damage formula and let it stack with skills again. Why nerf it in the 1st place? I mean essentially we are ASSASSINS and we are meant to be able to kill and kill well at that. Just absolutely stupid i think, yah OVER buff every other offensive class and debuff the one class that is by design and name alone supposed to be able to uhm well, assassinate? Instead, we just amuse/annoy others with our novel poisons and more than horrible dps.

2. Increase the the range on the new aoe skills, and possibly increase damage from them. Counter slash is great for mob training, but only if the monsters dont have an atk range of more than one cell from character. So using CS say in al3 is pretty much useless as well as with many many other maps. DOes work GREAT in bio2 though, especially with edp. Rolling cutter has same cell range problem in addition to a problem even worse, the damage is more than garbage imo and requires too much sp. Extending from a 3x3 area to say at least 5x5 area is a good start with a 9x9 area being optimal imo.

These are my main issues with GX right now that NEED to be fixed in order to give us(those with out god items/mvp cards) any hope of competing with others in WoE/PvP

#72 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

IMHO annoyance of GX new Poisons should be increased as well to be more nasty.

#73 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

i agree with most of the posts here,

1. Give us back old EDP damage formula and let it stack with skills again. Why nerf it in the 1st place? I mean essentially we are ASSASSINS and we are meant to be able to kill and kill well at that. Just absolutely stupid i think, yah OVER buff every other offensive class and debuff the one class that is by design and name alone supposed to be able to uhm well, assassinate? Instead, we just amuse/annoy others with our novel poisons and more than horrible dps.

2. Increase the the range on the new aoe skills, and possibly increase damage from them. Counter slash is great for mob training, but only if the monsters dont have an atk range of more than one cell from character. So using CS say in al3 is pretty much useless as well as with many many other maps. DOes work GREAT in bio2 though, especially with edp. Rolling cutter has same cell range problem in addition to a problem even worse, the damage is more than garbage imo and requires too much sp. Extending from a 3x3 area to say at least 5x5 area is a good start with a 9x9 area being optimal imo.

These are my main issues with GX right now that NEED to be fixed in order to give us(those with out god items/mvp cards) any hope of competing with others in WoE/PvP

Learn how to use your class.....becouse GXs like http://ropd.info/?na...el&dir=desc&s=3 are AWESOME! they can spam 4 times cross impact in a sec! and the damage its just huge!!! like 15k per cross impact!

#74 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

Learn how to use your class.....becouse GXs like http://ropd.info/?na...el&dir=desc&s=3 are AWESOME! they can spam 4 times cross impact in a sec! and the damage its just huge!!! like 15k per cross impact!

Hope you're trolling. Cross impact is really bad.

#75 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

The Guillotine Cross needs a boost in AoE damage to bring it in line with other classes leveling and party ability. I suggest the following change:

Rolling Cutter - allow this skill to be used with any weapon the Guillotine cross can equip and do not require it to be katar exclusive.I am curious how this would work with fortune swords or a larger variety of weapons that our class can equip rather than being limited to katars only. I've currently been leveling with Counter Slash and trying perfect dodge builds. I think Rolling Cutter would be nice also if it were allowed to be used with additional weapons.
Poison Smoke - can the Venom Dust poison affect also be added to the Poison Smoke clouds so that any player without max resist will take the basic poison effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users