Guillotine Cross - Page 4 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guillotine Cross

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#76 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

I think CI needs it damage improved specially for grinding purposes. I have more than 600ATK with 2 weapons and i still do less damage than a RK using CS. This is horrible knowing that a GX must equip two weapons and still do less than a one weapon RK. My Atk at he moment is 148+616. Hows is it possible with this much atk power im still doing far less damage than most Classes.

SD definately needs less of a cooling down time specially since GX dont have any good mobbing skills. killing 1000 monsters with SD with a 3 second cast delay takes forever to level.

Since did GX become a AGI/CRIT or nothing build. Pre-renewal i was a vit based Sinx and i always understood i would get less exp per hour than agi based sinx but when it came to woe we knew which build ruled. I know why so many GX are agi/crit cause CI cant kill :wub:!

I honestly think GX got no real improvements from the sinx. CI is pretty much the same skill as SB except this time u dont need to use a katar(thank God). Cloaking is a bunch of crap since every guild now has probably 3+ maya purple cards. The new poisons are cool but wont transfer with SD so that eliminates an SD build. Really we need to invest in skill points to coat our weapons with the new posions how incredibly LAME!! Enchant deadly posion needed to be nerfed come renewal but to the point that it does less damage than prenewal knowing now that certain classes have over 50k in hp. AOE skills on a GX??!!! what!!! I understand the need for an AOE on a GX cause of the sheer number of crappy monster we must kill to lvl. umm...Yeah. Weapon crush!!! Hmm lets just steal something useful from a rogue like backstab. I could see GX stealing Backstab from a rogue but weapon crush??!

I have been playing since 2005. My main has always been an assassin class. I used to lvl my original sin with a triple crit jur at TI2 because i didnt have an ice pick. when i used to lvl back then i was happy getting 5% exp per hour. I cant go back to those days of just point and click lvling with no skill involved. It was incredibly tedious and boring!

Edited by Jimmyawake, 01 May 2011 - 12:57 AM.

#77 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Guillotine Crose?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

Guillotine Cross*

the only undesireable thing is the male sprite o_O

#78 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Might be a bit late but GX needs more aspd at 110 agi I cant even get to 190 aspd that's with a lot of aspd gears+pots

#79 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

Might be a bit late but GX needs more aspd at 110 agi I cant even get to 190 aspd that's with a lot of aspd gears+pots

Soul link+ advanced adrenaline rush?

#80 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

GX over all from sprites to skills need an overhaul. Critting shouldnt be the only thing they are good at.

#81 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

GX over all from sprites to skills need an overhaul. Critting shouldnt be the only thing they are good at.

actually all classes are forced to use only 1 build, except sura

#82 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

actually all classes are forced to use only 1 build, except sura

But there inlies the problem. The build for GX isnt built around amazing skills. Its built around ctr clicking which is by far less effective. Especially when they have skill that have great potential.

#83 Corma

Corma

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

Y'know what, Im pissed, pardon my language, but its the only way to truly capture the image of my seething rage when it comes to the blasphemous disregard or HATE the devs seem to have for what was my favorite class. This is ridiculous, please see my other rants regarding the previous and AS OF YET unfixed problems that make this class COMPLETELY unplayable, to recap, our AOE's completely suck compound that with the NEED to mass kill in order to level in this new version of RO where leveling is now a linear process where Venturing forth and slaying tougher monsters is not only unrewarded but PENALIZED. They took away EDP's effectiveness, further nerfing the class as a whole and basically making our trek through SinX a wasted effort. and just recently, after a fairly long hiatus playing other games that actually make the game fair for thieves, I come back and notice a completely new nerf the devs seemed to add to the already crippled GX class, we cant use Cross impact twice in rapid succession anymore, instead theres a cooldown that wasnt there the last time i played. literally WTF, this is the equivalent of breaking a man's legs so he cant walk then shooting his arms so he cant crawl, then putting a bullet in his head. I have heard that they intend to fix a few of GX's skills, and as of yet they havent, although they seem to have found time to make Rune Knights look prettier, I mean its like this RO caters to RKs and RGs now, this is exactly the reason that no GX made the list of the first to get to 150 its practically impossible after the gimps gravity made the class out to be. The fact is, with just a few tweaks this class could be amazing, and its like they chose to overcompensate with the nerf stick just to keep that from happening. The few tweaks that come to mind...
1. Make Rolling cutter or Counter Slash into either 7x7 or AT LEAST 5x5, enemies attack from outside that puny little 3x3
2. Get rid of that annoying little delay when Weapon blocking procs, so as to allow us not to slow down our highly prized ASPD
3. Give us back our full use of EDP (I.e. on bosses, other players, everything)
4. Get rid of the penalties for killing monsters HIGHER than you, that oughta be rewarded not the other way around
5. if you just made these changes I wouldnt even care about Cross impact now being more or less useless, since you added that BS delay
6. seriously, just be fair, we are now by far the worst melee class in the game, rebalancing is DEFINITELY necessary

#84 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

? I can still chain CI fine. Maybe your timing is off or something.

#85 YmirOdin

YmirOdin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

Here is the thing playing with GX in PvP / WoE

Like every GX player have had experienced the class its self is relatively disadvantaged

1. With Katar class weaps you are not able to equip shield

That is missing out on ALOT of DEF and 30%race reduction.
If we cant use shields together with are main weap atleast let us have an amazing fire power
but its is very similar with other classes with all the skills we put into katar and hand mastery
(for example a RK can out dmg and aspd us with berzerk pots + two-hand quicken and have more HP than us!!) - allow GX to use berserk pots !!!

2. Skills - Cloaking Exceed / Dark Illusion / H.Walk

Cloadking Exceed - One of the main advantage (or even a purpose) of being an Assassin Cross and GX is to have the ability or specialty if u like of cloaking. This now is pretty much just walking faster in black color.
With all the Maya Purple on the server the Cloaking ability (a HUGE element being an assassin class) has gone tits up. You are no longer able to put people into fear cause they all see u and "/heh".
Being able to Cloak Exceed (as the name stated "EXCEED") and not being sighted by MP card (nevermind being sighted with skill sight and ruwach) will put us GX back in the game with some sort of advantage (at least getting the first hit lolz)

Dark Illusion - even if it is allowed in WoE it would be extremely useless. As soon as u blink to the enemy and deal 1 X stupid damage u've left with some time gap where they can smash you with all the skills they have. Even with CI proc with edp formula changes and poor damage of CI your pretty much done.
If they can alter the skill and allow just a FULL NO LAG/GAP Blink (perhaps with ctl click attack) and allow it to be used in WoE would sound balanced

H.Walk - Awesome skill but the after cast delay is too HUGE. If the skill is left as it is it will be like a "special occasion" skill that you would use on ur birthday and die straight after using it. Its good against MVP but in PvP and WoE I wouldn't risk using it WILL YOU?? After-cast delay must be reduced or changed

3. VS other classes

As you can see most GX without God Items and Memory of Thanatos Cards are going CRIT. In order to kill with CRIT your aspd has to be at its best and dmg should be second to none as you can't equip shields with Katar. But even before all this you would need to get to the enemy. In this case using the concept of Dark Illusion to fast-approach BUT as soon as you reach your enemy you are just standing after that 1 shameful hit. So you decide to use your specialty cloak exceed and run fast to ur opponent and you see /gg ........ get CCed or Phychic waved, DB, Manhole, Deep Sleep whatever is available you name it u get owned from it.
Say you were lucky and safely got to the opponent and was able to land the first hit but after opposing classes will out damage you and yourself with EDP will to dissapointing dmg due to other classes DEF and dmg% reduction.

Like many other article had mentioned the previous Killer Class has now fallen to become a support unit. I am just writing this HOPING that someone useful will read and take couple of points into concideration for the next skill balance patch.

Thank you for reading. Please let me know if i have wrong understading of the class or anything that may have grapped your attention
P.S. Why does out job change reward item = Silent exeuctioner doesnt have any slot???? its is already crap enough as covering both mid & lower and it doesnt even get a slot !!!!?????????????

Many Thanks

Edited by YmirOdin, 13 September 2011 - 03:01 AM.

#86 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Here is the thing playing with GX in PvP / WoE

Like every GX player have had experienced the class its self is relatively disadvantaged

1. With Katar class weaps you are not able to equip shield

That is missing out on ALOT of DEF and 30%race reduction.
If we cant use shields together with are main weap atleast let us have an amazing fire power
but its is very similar with other classes with all the skills we put into katar and hand mastery
(for example a RK can out dmg and aspd us with berzerk pots + two-hand quicken and have more HP than us!!) - allow GX to use berserk pots !!!

2. Skills - Cloaking Exceed / Dark Illusion / H.Walk

Cloadking Exceed - One of the main advantage (or even a purpose) of being an Assassin Cross and GX is to have the ability or specialty if u like of cloaking. This now is pretty much just walking faster in black color.
With all the Maya Purple on the server the Cloaking ability (a HUGE element being an assassin class) has gone tits up. You are no longer able to put people into fear cause they all see u and "/heh".
Being able to Cloak Exceed (as the name stated "EXCEED") and not being sighted by MP card (nevermind being sighted with skill sight and ruwach) will put us GX back in the game with some sort of advantage (at least getting the first hit lolz)

Dark Illusion - even if it is allowed in WoE it would be extremely useless. As soon as u blink to the enemy and deal 1 X stupid damage u've left with some time gap where they can smash you with all the skills they have. Even with CI proc with edp formula changes and poor damage of CI your pretty much done.
If they can alter the skill and allow just a FULL NO LAG/GAP Blink (perhaps with ctl click attack) and allow it to be used in WoE would sound balanced

H.Walk - Awesome skill but the after cast delay is too HUGE. If the skill is left as it is it will be like a "special occasion" skill that you would use on ur birthday and die straight after using it. Its good against MVP but in PvP and WoE I wouldn't risk using it WILL YOU?? After-cast delay must be reduced or changed

3. VS other classes

As you can see most GX without God Items and Memory of Thanatos Cards are going CRIT. In order to kill with CRIT your aspd has to be at its best and dmg should be second to none as you can't equip shields with Katar. But even before all this you would need to get to the enemy. In this case using the concept of Dark Illusion to fast-approach BUT as soon as you reach your enemy you are just standing after that 1 shameful hit. So you decide to use your specialty cloak exceed and run fast to ur opponent and you see /gg ........ get CCed or Phychic waved, DB, Manhole, Deep Sleep whatever is available you name it u get owned from it.
Say you were lucky and safely got to the opponent and was able to land the first hit but after opposing classes will out damage you and yourself with EDP will to dissapointing dmg due to other classes DEF and dmg% reduction.

Like many other article had mentioned the previous Killer Class has now fallen to become a support unit. I am just writing this HOPING that someone useful will read and take couple of points into concideration for the next skill balance patch.

Thank you for reading. Please let me know if i have wrong understading of the class or anything that may have grapped your attention
P.S. Why does out job change reward item = Silent exeuctioner doesnt have any slot???? its is already crap enough as covering both mid & lower and it doesnt even get a slot !!!!?????????????

Many Thanks

thats a feedback and not only QQ

#87 Petarie

Petarie

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Rolling Cutter/Cross Ripper Slasher: My first impression of the description that made me want this skill was it read like CRS was going to release with these 10 counters into some mass destruction AOE where the character would fly/spin in a Circle hitting everything in a radius/area a few times in a random frenzy similar to how Halucination walk looks. Damage, wait, and the fact you cant move a single square without counters being lost area letdowns.

I love the Idea behind counterslash, great skill, but with some flaws. At level 5 it's kinda sad that you have to be engulfed in a mob (which is bad for agi type, which Counter slash's damage is supposivly based off of-Irony) just to get it to activate quick enough. Somewhat unfair that your team mates can instantly nuke a wide area that does twice as much as you do with counter slash, counterslash only hitting one cell around the character, and having to wait.

The Biggest problem that needs to be fixed is the area range. I just started training on Venatu last week and since they stand a square back and zap you for their melee, it makes wepon block a hazard as I stand there and cant move, use counter slash, and use it again only to realize they're standing one square too far away.

Similarly sometimes an enemy will get 'glitched' or whatnot standing on a hill and be out of reach even though you can melee them and vice versa. I'm not saying make counter slash O.P. But giving it one extra square of range would be great so I dont backfire at Juperos.

I only have STR in the 30's cus I used my points in agi for counter slash and silent executioner bonus (though I still only do 5-6k with it), so i cant say much about Cross Impact. But seeing it looks like I'll be doing 8.5k when I get it to level 5 (thats what i've been seeing from others) It really doesnt come anywhere near something like rapid smitting or Clashing spiral. I know those are perks of being warrior class, but when the Sin class is doing it's mighty single attack for 8.5k and an RG is smiting for 12k or clashing spiral from RK is at 30k....Well, to say the least, Assassin-based classes should be lethal (hence the name assassin).

A cool suggestion might be that Cross Impact could get a larger initial % of damage when used from cloaking/hiding state, or have a % chance of doing a large ammount of damage when activated from cloaking/hiding status. Very assassin-esque, hide in the shadows for one super lethal attack.

As a small side note, it would be really helpfull to have the initial casting cost of Cloaking exceed reduced gradually with the higher level.

Thanks for taking the time to listen, its very appreciated, keep up the great work. =D

Edited by Petarie, 16 September 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#88 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

again..... all gx poisons should-_- off when you relog >.< my only complain atm

#89 Mortys

Mortys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

There's a thing I dont really understand with GX poisons it's that you only have 3 ways to use them : Poison Smoke, Venom Pressure and Ctrl cliking. I dont understand why all others skills can't proc the poison on ennemies, since the poison is on your weapon. What's the logic behind that ? Even EDP can be applied by more skills.

I know GX poisons are good but with only 3 ways to apply them it's a bit unfair imho. I think Cross Impact - at least- should have the same %chance to apply them as Ctrl Cliking.

#90 Melongod

Melongod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

Guillotine Cross

Dark Illusion
- Range is changed (4 + (Skill Level) cell increase)
- Can be used on WoE maps again.

Counter Slasher
- Damage formula is changed (Increased by users BaseLv, Agi, and JobLv)
** - At level 5 the radius is increased (3 x 3 -> 5 x 5)**

Hallucination Walk
- Skill HP cost is changed.

Rolling Cutter
- Damage formula is changed.
- Caster's BaseLv increases damage.
- At level 5 the radius is increased (3 x 3 -> 5 x 5)

Cross Ripper Slasher
- Range is changed: 8 + (Skill lvl) cells.
- Damage formula is changed (Increased by users BaseLv and Agi).

#91 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

Thanks to turn-in groups it really stands out how pathetic the Guillotine Cross class is. Not only do you take more damage than everyone else who can wear shields meanwhile dealing 5x to 10x the damage you do could probably make Mary Poppins depressed.

The class requires EDP now to be even mediocre yet it still costs all the materials as it did before. This skill should have a 2-minute cooldown, require no poison bottle and last for 1 minute without learning Poison Creation.

Really making people farm Karvo and all the other materials just to watch a fail pop over your head and 200k go down the drain kills this game. Have any of the developers played new MMO's? Having to collect materials to make our new poisons? 20x of random items is rediculous. In fact it screams out to me, "Start botting or enjoy never sleeping again and carpal tunnel to be effective" or rather just quit the game because it's miserable.

So many classes like RK's/Sorcs/Warlocks/RG's/Sura's basically every other class besides rangers they got screwed also; can spam skills that are hitting for 110k-150k with lex aeterna and gloomy. Meanwhile I can't even get a god damned group because my class's main focus being DPS I hit for like 5k to 10k with EDP cross impact? LOL?

This is my main and I'll quit playing before I waste hours farming materials to be less than half as effective as other classes. The GX needs a humungous, no TREMENDOUS buff in every single way. Cross Impact should hit for way more than anything a RK can shoot out as they can wield a shield and spear and take tons less damage. This class should be undeniably an amazing single-target killer. It's frail due to going agi, requires melee range to deal damage, has lackluster AoE compared to every single class.

So it should be top dog on single target killing or at least measurably even with a tank class, looking at Royal Guards here.

Outdated mechanics are why this game isn't gaining players. Gather materials for poisons is stupid and ruins any fun when you can't use your class skills because of outdated restrictions. There should be poison vendors in main towns or at least the assassins' guild. If I spend 10 points in the poison skill I should be able to use them whenever I want in whatever situation I want. Not go farm for 10 hours to make 10 poisons.

Why do we have to spam our AoE skill, how many classes do that? That's correct, zero. You hit one button once and it deals 30k to everything on the screen or on a targeted area if your not a GX.

And last but not least, the GX has no synergy with other classes it gives no buffs that party's find appealing (lol enchant poison?) it lacks some sort of group buff or something to create a want for us to be in groups. Being antidote-_- is not synergy. Being required to have EDP up 100% of the time yet it costs 200k+ per poison bottle is retarded design. Genetics have cart cannon that is spammable and AoE's for more than any GX skill when not using their amazing hitting Acid Bottle to one shot everything it's also 1/20 the cost.

I came back hoping this game would have changed its old ways but it's worst than ever. It's no wonder so many players bot, it's impossible to compete unless you get a lucky card or bot like a-_-.

Just to add to the floppy design, our poisons are so hard to farm and create they added up for that by letting the duration be 5 minutes? How about let it last 10-20 seconds and require no freaking materials to make, that's called balance it makes people fear being poisoned but not like OH GOD I'M POISONED FOR 5 MINUTES unless you antidote me which you have to GATHER MATERIALS TO MAKE.

Frustrating design is frustrating.

Edited by Bladefox, 04 November 2011 - 02:43 AM.

#92 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

My complain(s) are to increase EDP damage and CI damage. Also please, take out WOE flee reduction, it makes agi/flee classes useless.

#93 YmirOdin

YmirOdin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Please review the following:

1. Please allow Cloaking Exceed to be NOT identifiable by Maya Purple Card and detecting skills (Like SCs)
(or atleast Maya Purple Card - as the skill name suggests "Exceed")
One of benefits or purpose of serving as an Assassin class is an element of surprise or being very cunning/sneaky/stealth - Don't take this away please)

2. Please allow Dark Illusion to not have the after skill delay
(After landing you stand there for like 1 second not doing anything besides the useless Porc for CRIT GXs)

3. Please allow Hallucination walk to increase ASPD white active
(because it reduces ASPD by half after skill use - when it doesnt even increase ASPD and please reduce the after skill debuff - 25 sec is way way long ~~~~~~~~~)

4. Please remove Weapon Block's after skill delay
(same as the Dark Illusion effect)

We can't use Shields and our damage for two-hand weapon users aren't the best nor our ASPD
(it can easily be defeated by RK's Bezerk Pots + Two-hand Quicken + Rune Spells)
It's not like we can pull a 30% race reduction from any gears to replace the loss of shield
(Our key competency has to be ASPD = DPS but at the moment it doesnt seem that we can out-run some other classes Knight class, Merchant Class)

I would appreciate your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users