• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

So, my mecha has gotten the main skill covered (arm cannon and neutral barrier), now I'm wondering what skill should I put the rest skill points into. I'm torn choosing between stealth barrier and repair. Is stealth barrier worth getting?

Initially, my skill plan is like this:

http://irowiki.org/~...hqdBereddQjNcH1

But after reading stealth field's description in irowiki, it says that it only makes party member immune to targeted skill, which means aoe will still bypass it, then why bother using it? Or is it can be used with neutral barrier?

I'm thinking of getting repair if I do not getting stealth barrier, and add two more points from elemental shift. Is my build alright?

#2 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

elemental shift is helpful for mvping so definitely get some points into that. it basically makes it as if youre wearing elemental armor without having to actually wear elemental armor.

analyze helps with mvping as well since it lowers mdef/def of the mvp by half

acceleration is a must

front slide helps tremendously with many situations such as position bugging or in pvp for escaping or just for mobbing so you can get the mob with your arm cannon splash. or even just walking around town lol

fire research is also good for elemental resistance as well as more damage

repair is helpful, but its also a pain in the ass. it requires you to have fuel AND repair potions in your inventory. the repair pots are extremely heavy (14 weight each), which is why i only keep a few in my inventory for emergency usage. its a great spell though since you can get back to 100% hp in only 4 casts, which makes it great for tanking. 

#3 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

elemental shift is helpful for mvping so definitely get some points into that. it basically makes it as if youre wearing elemental armor without having to actually wear elemental armor.

analyze helps with mvping as well since it lowers mdef/def of the mvp by half

acceleration is a must

front slide helps tremendously with many situations such as position bugging or in pvp for escaping or just for mobbing so you can get the mob with your arm cannon splash. or even just walking around town lol

fire research is also good for elemental resistance as well as more damage

repair is helpful, but its also a pain in the ass. it requires you to have fuel AND repair potions in your inventory. the repair pots are extremely heavy (14 weight each), which is why i only keep a few in my inventory for emergency usage. its a great spell though since you can get back to 100% hp in only 4 casts, which makes it great for tanking. 

Um, I don't know if you read my post or not, but I got those skill covered, maybe except fire earth research because I don't have skill points left.

What I'm wondering is, is stealth field worth getting? If it's not, is it a wise choice to put the rest skill point to repair? Or there are anymore useful skill I should get? Maybe pile bunker, or the said fire earth research.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Aiming more for PVP / WoE or PVM / MVP? Or both?

#5 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

For now, mostly I'll only do PvM and maybe MvP, my guild and I still haven't gotten to 150 yet nor do we have decent equips for WoE.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Repair is probably slightly more PVM / MVP oriented than Stealth Field. It's not too important what you do with the last skill points as you already have all the core skills figured out and it's more down to personal preference.

#7 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

What if it's for both pvm and woe? I'm not that rich so if possible I don't want to waste 60m only to reset 5 skill points.

#8 flammifer

flammifer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

Stealth is nice to protect emp and stones in woe, but not really helpful in pvm.

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

You'll probably want to choose stealth then, since it's helpful for WoE as other people mentioned. Whereas it's not too different for PVM / MVP to go without repair (most mechs just use pumpkins / carrots since they can't be healed).

#10 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Um, I don't know if you read my post or not, but I got those skill covered, maybe except fire earth research because I don't have skill points left.

What I'm wondering is, is stealth field worth getting? If it's not, is it a wise choice to put the rest skill point to repair? Or there are anymore useful skill I should get? Maybe pile bunker, or the said fire earth research.

i didnt look at your skill build link, but you should get fire earth research because itll give you more damage vs mvps and protect you from deadly mvp attacks

stealth field is almost exclusively a WOE skill. i mean you COULD use it for fighting biolab monsters to protect squishys from getting 1 shotted, but personally id rather have neutral barrier up. there are times though when neutral barrier can be a pain in the ass and having stealth field would be better (like when the monsters run up to you into your barrier, blocking you from being able to attack them). i personally dont like the cost in zeny or weight for using repair. its too expensive and heavy.

pile bunker is also a pvp only spell. its meant to strip players of all their defenses so that they can be killed easier. there are no mvps or monsters that i know of that cast any of these spells on themselves

Edited by killedbytofu, 03 January 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#11 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

About Repair: if you want this skill it's better to  maximize it, otherwise do not get it at all?

#12 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

About Repair: if you want this skill it's better to  maximize it, otherwise do not get it at all?

pretty much

#13 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

pile bunker is also a pvp only spell. its meant to strip players of all their defenses so that they can be killed easier. there are no mvps or monsters that i know of that cast any of these spells on themselves

Error: Entweihen Crothen and  the others Thorns cast Defender (Defending Aura) on themselves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users