1 full year before this bug gets fixed? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

1 full year before this bug gets fixed?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Apparently there is a irritating bug that has been plagueing RO for a while.  If you get the blind effect, your hit rates will not return to normal after the blind effect goes away.  This has been reported since April 2013.  I have asked GM's on threads to fix this bug for over a month now.  The thing i dont understand is that many people have mention this as well -->  http://forums.warppo...-alignment-bug/  So what i am wondering is why is it taking so long before something gets done about a bug in this game!

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Sadface. Report it in the bugs section, its all you can do. In the meantime, I hear fly winging or adding and removing an equip that modifies HIT clears the bugged blind status.

#3 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yep. Just like Jaye said, re-equip any equipment that give stats in order to clear the bug. Example Cat Hand Glove.

#4 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Bug doesn't exist on kRO so good luck getting it fixed.

As a temporary solution to this could it be possible to add a -1/+1 HIT for a 1 second duration effect to Green Potions after the cure effects are done? Gear switching can be kind of annoying.

Edited by Toxn, 02 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#5 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

The thing i am trying to get is why is it taking them so long to even fix this.  As Toxn mentioned, gear switching is kind of annoying.  I find it pretty annoying if the monster keep blinding you alot in a short duration, making you swap your gears in and out for multiple times than neccessary.

Edited by Moogle, 02 January 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#6 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

The very reason I use adurate sunnies on all my melee chars when there is a potential blind attack.

It's one of the most annoying bugs I've ever experienced in this game, and I've been playing a very long time.

#7 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

mado mechanics still bug party heal. will they ever fix this? probably not

they wouldnt even address the lag issue for the past 2 weeks. when they know they cant fix something, they just pretend it doesnt exist so that we cant call them out on it. negligence =/= innocence

#8 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

I do believe a report was sent to kRO, but I think we all know how much they care about our server.

#9 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Only thing I can suggest is to use a Dark Blinder. immunity to blind!

#10 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I have resorted in buying one of those gears giving immunity. But if it was me I would just disable the blind effect from being caused by anything till kro finialy decideds to do something. A lot of lower level monsters can cause a blind effect and new players won't know what is going on and can be angered, very confused whats happening, or just leave since such a thing isn't being addressed.

#11 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Bug doesn't exist on kRO so good luck getting it fixed.

kRO had the blind bug for a week or two as well.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Really? Then what the hell.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Are Korean players not reporting it or what?

#14 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

But if it was me I would just disable the blind effect from being caused by anything till kro finialy decideds to do something. 

agreed COMPLETELY. its completely unprofessional on warp portals part to leave something in the game that is not working right. i dont care if they want to make the game more difficult with monster skills. if they arnt going to work as intended, then they need to be removed until they can be made to work right. almost any other gaming company wouldve dealt with that issue already

same goes with hit locking. it completely baffles me that they would leave this in the game when even the people running the game know that it causes horrific positioning lag and massive problems with the server/client. it shouldve been removed until they could find a way to make it work that doesnt completely -_- up your client

#15 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

It agree with killedbytofu and Zagar on the point that they should remove the blind effect status since it is bugged to hell.  Come on Gravity, this bug has been around for over 9 months now and still causing people problems.  Why arent you guys fixing it or hassling kRO to fix it or something.  If kRO had it and they fixed it, gravity should be able to fix it as well because it was known bug from kRO that had migrated to iRO!!!

#16 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

[...] monsters can cause a blind effect and new players won't know what is going on and can be angered, very confused whats happening, or just leave since such a thing isn't being addressed.

*raises hand*
That's me. I had no idea about this. It does explain some things though. I just thought I sucked.

Question - if it's remedied by switching equips or something, what remedies it if you didn't know to change gear?
Does it resolve itself eventually? like by switching maps? Or do you just suffer the bug unknowingly until you happen to relog (or teleport/flywing)?

#17 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Are Korean players not reporting it or what?

It's already been fixed on kRO.

#18 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I would agree that a bug being in the game for 1 year is a bit much, It should of been fixed a long time ago.

#19 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

agreed COMPLETELY. its completely unprofessional on warp portals part to leave something in the game that is not working right. i dont care if they want to make the game more difficult with monster skills. if they arnt going to work as intended, then they need to be removed until they can be made to work right. almost any other gaming company wouldve dealt with that issue already

same goes with hit locking. it completely baffles me that they would leave this in the game when even the people running the game know that it causes horrific positioning lag and massive problems with the server/client. it shouldve been removed until they could find a way to make it work that doesnt completely -_- up your client

Look at hallucination status effect.  Been overclocking cpu's since 2003.  I'm certain that it contributed to my multiple computers dying over the years.

It can be fixed by binding /effect to alt+1, but it still makes my computer make these grinding noises whenever it happens.

Edited by Karusan, 02 January 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#20 ambereyes5000

ambereyes5000

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

because this company wants your money not your heart

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

It's already been fixed on kRO.

So how much longer until we get the fix? Don't tell me we have to wait at least 6 months after kRO got it.

#22 Henneh

Henneh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Would love to hear a response from GM team about the issue of why some bugs are treated with ignorance like this bug....

#23 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

*raises hand*
That's me. I had no idea about this. It does explain some things though. I just thought I sucked.

Question - if it's remedied by switching equips or something, what remedies it if you didn't know to change gear?
Does it resolve itself eventually? like by switching maps? Or do you just suffer the bug unknowingly until you happen to relog (or teleport/flywing)?

There goes your answer :no1:

Would love to hear a response from GM team about the issue of why some bugs are treated with ignorance like this bug....

Bowling Bash gutter line bug?

Let's just legalize the usage of RCX :ani_slur:

Edited by Hikusaak, 02 January 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#24 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Bowling Bash gutter line bug?

Let's just legalize the usage of RCX :ani_slur:

RCX is legal to use. I don't recall the thread link, but Oda stated that it is legal to use as long as it's less tasteful functions are being used (just for reference, it has a built in "bot", but requires actual coding knowledge to operate and access, so just don't mess with those options and you can assume everything else with RCX is ok).

#25 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Switching maps, blessing, improve concentration,etc. Basically anything that causes the game to recalculate your hit rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users