Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 10 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#226 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

but if u dont have phen/orlean, u cant even cast AB? how can u fix this problem?

You don't use AB while you're leveling (outside of bio4, but gear there has other considerations), so you don't need to worry about being able to cast AB. For MVPing, you use different gear. 

#227 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

any plans for a build at 175? stat wise

Edited by Zelnite, 28 January 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#228 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

I would probably recommend % cast time reduction gears.

Most people recommend a red twin for your first weapon; I personally would suggest a double spell enchanted Erde instead for comparable CC damage on medium / better CC damage on large / cast time enchants. You can upgrade these with a chance to break instead of certs since they are really cheap, and easy to upgrade since they're a level 3 weapon.

Triple spell FAW is really nice for that. Crown of Deceit for top/mid. Sprint Rings for accessories or RWC pendants if you have a higher budget.

Soloing is kind of tough. Priority for solo gears would be some sort of cheaper healing method. Right now there is the baphomet costume that makes milk heal for a lot and lets you keep your headgears, which is kind of OP. When the effect is off, you'd have to resort to a witch hat + alarm mask combo for decent cheap healing.

I guess I'll have to put off my Genetic for while. I need more money.

#229 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

I guess I'll have to put off my Genetic for while. I need more money.

Every class really needs funds to solo effectively at the higher levels though. Your best bet for unfunded situations really is the Gramps Turn Ins. Even most veterans just go with Turn Ins in general.

#230 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Every class really needs funds to solo effectively at the higher levels though. Your best bet for unfunded situations really is the Gramps Turn Ins. Even most veterans just go with Turn Ins in general.

Yeah I know. I'll try to level my Kagerou for while, its much easy solo with him (16th Night + Pure Soul), then I can make some money. Even if I drop a Sprint Ring from a Vespa (hunting them now) would help me alot.

@edit

Also I don't know if I should ask it here, but any tips on how to make some money?

Edited by Siliency, 28 January 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#231 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

@edit

Also I don't know if I should ask it here, but any tips on how to make some money?

Hazy forest instance : if you get OCA from purple and the berry and OPB drops are useful

Low/Med/High TI : EMB are nice to trade for Magical Stones

OGH : If you have a decent party or even can duo OGH the coags are nice and the temp crystals are nice for the temp boots.

Mora quests : 10 mora coins get you a mora gear. Most mora gears are about 3-5m each.

these are jsut some basics that i do myself. I use a genetic with decent reduc gear for hazy and the mora quests. OGH with guild members. and turn ins on a few charaters a day. about 20-40m a day if im lucky.

also the quickest but not always a favorite, spending real life cash. the groove pack is nice this month. easily over 2.5b for about 100 worth of WPE->12000 KP Personally that ive got

Edited by Zelnite, 28 January 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#232 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

A few suggestions:

http://forums.warppo...llions-of-zeny/
http://forums.warppo...y-in-this-game/
http://forums.warppo...s-here-for-you/

BTW, a sprint ring will only help you immensely if you already have a fair amount of cast reduction (50% or more). It's more like 10% isn't a lot until you are stacking it on top of a large amount already since it's all additive. +9 CoD and spell FAW aren't cheap though.

Money is kind of a big part of the game and a lot of stuff is affected by it in many different ways almost in a cycle. For example, if you have more money, you can level faster using BMs and sometimes VIP. If you level faster, you can tackle high level content which also tends to reward better that you can exchange for zeny. It really is sort of a cycle and I guess that's pretty much how the game works. Now it's up to you whether you want to put more effort into leveling quicker first vs. gaining zeny first to make leveling easier... even to pros / veterans they are constantly trying to get a balance of these among other factors.

#233 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for both suggestion.

IF I drop a Sprint ring I would use it in both character (Kagerou and Genetic) and sell late I guess. I was checkin my merchant and, unfortunately, I have only 10-15m zenny now.

My plan for while: get some level with Kage and try kill some MVPs (we never know) and like you said, high level content.

BTW Pinguicula is a nice place to hunt by level 100-110?

lol just drop a Vespa Card but no ring :D

Edited by Siliency, 28 January 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#234 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

Looking at the FAW AB optimize build:

FAW AB optimized:

Str: 110

Int: 100

Vit: 96

Dex: 60

Luk: 61

Why is dex so low? isn't AB a range attack, so we should have that higher? 

#235 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:45 AM

Looking at the FAW AB optimize build:

FAW AB optimized:

Str: 110

Int: 100

Vit: 96

Dex: 60

Luk: 61

Why is dex so low? isn't AB a range attack, so we should have that higher? 

Dex Boots, and 120 Dex = perma sacra for AB.

#236 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

Dex Boots, and 120 Dex = perma sacra for AB.

Sorry, don't get it. How does dex boots make your dex go from 60 to 120? Surely  we can't be relying on hawk eye since it isn't always proc-ed.

honestly, i'im sooooo lost with what increases dmg for AB and CC. I know EA enchants and and range attack increase cards are good for CC and AB. But stats wise? dex is more important for CC and AB right? or INT/STR? 

My current stats are at lvl 144

str 90

agi 1

vit 90

int 100

dex 91

luk 30

planning to do MVPs mainly so AB damage probably more important. But I don't want my CC to be too weak.  I"ve got dex books, FAW (not EA enchant), HBP. What should I add for my stats? Put all to Dex to 130 so I get the boost from the dex temp boots?

Edited by harlokjai, 25 February 2015 - 04:39 AM.

#237 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

dev was just referring to having 120 base DEX + the DEX boots for -0.5 sec fixed cast;

i think you are confusing DEX with direct ranged damage increase (similar to archer skeleton cards) - that is not exactly the case;

just because a skill is ranged doesn't always mean it relies on DEX for damage;

DEX does contribute for AB and CC but only ATK-wise [and this effect is relatively minor for genetics since they don't use ranged weapons (bows, guns, etc)]

each point of DEX gives status ATK [1 for ranged weapons, 1/5 for melee weapons] and weapon ATK [+0.05% only for ranged weapons];

AB and CC does not mention DEX being directly inputted into their formulas;

and so, STR and INT should be the main factors for those 2 skills stat-wise;

if you check irowiki, it has these information;

http://irowiki.org/wiki/ATK

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Stats#DEX

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Acid_Bomb

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cart_Cannon

#238 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, I think you are really confused here. DEX increases damage for weapons like bows and whips, and that's the status ATK portion. There are many ranged attacks that don't use a bow and are still ranged. You get a bunch of weird skills and so on too beyond that, like how Acid Bomb is both ATK and MATK, like how weird Dragon Breath is, and like how certain skills have stats directly in their formula.

Definitely recommended to give those irowiki links above a read.

#239 meichael

meichael

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

i have one question ..

BFG(D.ping) is better for AB

BDM is better for CC

since we have BDM[1] now if i put D.ping on it ..

it's much better for both CC and AB ??

#240 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

BDM [1] gives just +1 to all stats and not +2 like BDM [0].

Regardless, they're both probably pretty similar and you'd really need to do some insane amount of calculations to see the minimum / average / maximum / overall differences. Also it depends a lot on what your other gears are for the given situation, and what buffs and support you have available.

I'd say just focus on the other much more important aspects of your gears rather than dark pingu vs BDM etc.

#241 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

str 90
agi 1
vit 90
int 100
dex 91
luk 30

I have got a dex boot with EA enchant, but not BP. My FAW is spell 15. Should I put future stats into int, str or Dex first?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

#242 Zober

Zober

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

KK Cod

RTE

EMH

CEB

BFG

WCP

HF

Can someone translate the above please? I really can't understand the guide at all.

#243 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Server:I

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

KK Cod
RTE
EMH
CEB
BFG
WCP
HF

Can someone translate the above please? I really can't understand the guide at all.

KK(KATHRINE KAYONE)card
Cod:crown of deceit
RTE :red twin edge
CEB :cat ear beret
Emh:evil marching hat
Bfg:black Frame glasses
Wcp:no idea
HF:hurricane fury
*excuse any spelling mistakes

#244 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

str 90
agi 1
vit 90
int 100
dex 91
luk 30

I have got a dex boot with EA enchant, but not BP. My FAW is spell 15. Should I put future stats into int, str or Dex first?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

no one can give some advice on what to add next for AB ? im thinking of getting dex to 120 jz to use the boot to reduce cast time and extra 5% damage. then balancing STR and INT and LUK.

But im thinking, with the CC formula expressed as a % of ATK, so by adding STR im' also raising ATK and therefore raising CC dmg as well as AB dmg correct? STR and INT raises dmg of AB by the same amount. But given most MVP have high MDEF, i'd say raising STR is better for MVPing?

Thanks all

Edited by harlokjai, 03 March 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#245 Garm1

Garm1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

This kind of question is probably frowned upon but I'm very new to the class, still a merchant, but what would be a good leveling build for biochemist/geneticist? Would there be any also capable of mvping later on? I'm looking for a strong emphasis on soloing for leveling and maybe the ability to mvp later on.

How accurate are the builds on the wiki? I'm mainly looking at the cart revo build for leveling as an alchemist.

#246 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

no one can give some advice on what to add next for AB ? im thinking of getting dex to 120 jz to use the boot to reduce cast time and extra 5% damage. then balancing STR and INT and LUK.

But im thinking, with the CC formula expressed as a % of ATK, so by adding STR im' also raising ATK and therefore raising CC dmg as well as AB dmg correct? STR and INT raises dmg of AB by the same amount. But given most MVP have high MDEF, i'd say raising STR is better for MVPing?

Thanks all

Yes, go for the 120 DEX. You're actually quite far from that right now (only at 90) and you might need level 160 or 165 or so to reach that given your current stats.

STR and INT don't raise AB by the same amount because of your weapon and other gears. It becomes a big complicated calculation dependent on a ton of factors. Generally just think of INT being better for CC and STR being better for bombing. Most gens do both so you usually will consider your final build based on that.

This kind of question is probably frowned upon but I'm very new to the class, still a merchant, but what would be a good leveling build for biochemist/geneticist? Would there be any also capable of mvping later on? I'm looking for a strong emphasis on soloing for leveling and maybe the ability to mvp later on.

How accurate are the builds on the wiki? I'm mainly looking at the cart revo build for leveling as an alchemist.

Really depends a lot on how well-funded / well-geared / knowledgeable in general you are. AOE builds are fastest but also costliest and needs good gears. AGI builds are cheaper, and most alchemists opt for that. AGI doesn't work well with biochem though because that is not a core genetic stat. Biochemist / Gen (not alchemist) are unique compared to other classes in that they can MVP very early on using Acid Bomb, and MVPs give massive EXP. If you have a friend who can help tank MVPs, you can get a lot of EXP this way too.

Edit: also noticed you posted pretty much the same question on a thread in this forum. Please just post questions once; you'd get the same answer(s) regardless of where you post it and the info people gave there is good already.

Edited by kasshin, 03 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#247 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

Yes, go for the 120 DEX. You're actually quite far from that right now (only at 90) and you might need level 160 or 165 or so to reach that given your current stats.

STR and INT don't raise AB by the same amount because of your weapon and other gears. It becomes a big complicated calculation dependent on a ton of factors. Generally just think of INT being better for CC and STR being better for bombing. Most gens do both so you usually will consider your final build based on that.

Great! Thanks for your help.

Yeah, i can skip the complicated stuff. I'll go with 120 dex, then balance out my str / int/ luk with more preference to str then.

Cheers.

#248 irugavalentany

irugavalentany

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

can someone just post the stats on the currently dex build that he is using, i'm new with Gene to and i dont know what stats to go and the topic just confused me even more.

#249 6966150406213815693

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hello,

Just a quick inquiry regarding insta-cast.

So I got everything that's required for insta cast (101% reduction)

+9 CoD KK (29%)

HF (Spell6, EA) (10%)

+9 FAW (Spell5,4,4) (30%)

RWC Pendant (Spell 3,3) x 2 (32%)

I know AB is fixed so w/e

But CC still has cast time. Its very fast, but still cast time. Is this normal? that (20% of original cast time is fixed) is true?

#250 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Are you wearing an orleans gown or phen? If so, remove them - those add +% cast time, so you'd end up with -101% cast + 15% cast = -86% cast time with orleans, -76% with phen, for 14% and 24% of normal cast time, respectively. 

If you put the phen card into your spell 33 RWC pendant, you've wasted your spell33 RWC pendant; make a new one. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 May 2015 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users