Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#26 JRox

JRox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

For solely mvp which card u recommend for hf? AK or AS card

For Only MVP I'd Say AK Card, But for default use of ur HF i'd say AS since for some situations u may need to CC ur way to the mvp (talking about soloing :x )

#27 JRox

JRox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Btw, what card will you recomend for FAW, for a genetic with painkiller? was thinking about raydric, but since i got painkiller, is there any other card that will be more useful in this case?

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

For solely mvp which card u recommend for hf? AK or AS card

Ak, as you could have easily determined from my genetic calc.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 January 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#29 Maithrie

Maithrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'd rather see the words from the god himself than using a calculator

#30 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

god status

#31 YumiT

YumiT

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

+9 EMH is better than +9 Enhanced solar helm for acid bomb?

#32 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

I'd rather see the words from the god himself than using a calculator

The "god himself" would rather you use the calc!

+9 EMH is better than +9 Enhanced solar helm for acid bomb?

Yup, in most cases. 

With high +% ranged mods (EA10 FAW), and an low upgraded 3x KB RTE, you can get ~2% higher with eSGH on AB. With +12 RTE, the gap falls to ~1%. 

Anything that adds damage in other ways favors the EMH. 

#33 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

You should also include gear sets if you have a ~ -50% variable stringer!

Also, you should pin this azzy >.<

#34 Votto

Votto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

this is great

#35 Artegas

Artegas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

I have a +9 CoD now, but i can't afford a Kathryne Keyron Card. 

What would be the best 'second' Choice?

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Leave it uncarded until you can? 

I mean, the only other options to reduce variable cast seem like a waste of a +9 CoD. There's the Dark Illusion card for 10%, but that takes 10% of your max hp/sp, so I don't think that's worth it. And there's the Tower Keeper card, but that's only 5%, vs 9% for kk, and that's an important 4%... with 29% + 32% (from rwc acc) you have 61% reduc so 4 Spell 4+ enchants will do it. But if you only get 25% from +9 CoD, you need 5 spell enchants to get 100%, and hence won't be able to use it as part of a set to get 100% cast reduction with RTE when it becomes enchantable. 

#37 JhnLlyd

JhnLlyd

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

I need some help regarding with what weapon to use for WoE. I`m choosing between a +13 Vellum Guillotine and a +15 Glorious Mace. Damage Wise, which is more Superior?

V.Guillotine

2hand axe, 75% on medium, 300 atk, +100% if +9 or higher.

Glorious Morning Star

Mace, 100% on medium, 130 atk, +175% if +14 because of slaughter lvl 1.

I have a hammer but from what I read from other topics in this forum it seems that it`s inferior to the KVM Mace for Acid Bomb. I just didn`t see any topics regarding vellum weapons that`s why I`m asking. Thanks in advance. :))

Also, just wanna confirm that all kinds of weapon masteries only affect normal attacks right? Coz at the moment I have a cart boost lvl 5 and I`m planning to take it out since the +50 atk is considered a mastery type atk, is that right?

#38 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hi,

I need some help regarding with what weapon to use for WoE. I`m choosing between a +13 Vellum Guillotine and a +15 Glorious Mace. Damage Wise, which is more Superior?

V.Guillotine

2hand axe, 75% on medium, 300 atk, +100% if +9 or higher.

Glorious Morning Star

Mace, 100% on medium, 130 atk, +175% if +14 because of slaughter lvl 1.

I have a hammer but from what I read from other topics in this forum it seems that it`s inferior to the KVM Mace for Acid Bomb. I just didn`t see any topics regarding vellum weapons that`s why I`m asking. Thanks in advance. :))

Also, just wanna confirm that all kinds of weapon masteries only affect normal attacks right? Coz at the moment I have a cart boost lvl 5 and I`m planning to take it out since the +50 atk is considered a mastery type atk, is that right?

If you want to damage in WoE. Acid Bomb will not hurt. Better to go KVM Mace for Fire Expansion. Otherwise stick to Hell Plant and support because that's what a genetic should be doing rather than trying to Acid Bomb people.

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

Does Firex even hurt in WoE? I can't recall ever getting hit by something I realized was firex and having it hurt. 

#40 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Does Firex even hurt in WoE? I can't recall ever getting hit by something I realized was firex and having it hurt. 

It should hurt at least more than acid bomb. It does okay damage in PVP if you're using the right weapon, I've seen it go up to 80k per hit there. But uhm, it's damage in WoE is questionable. xD

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hm. Well, I haven't noticed it in WoE >.> though I don't see people throwing it around much either.

Saying that it hurts more than AB (which it should), though, is setting a pretty low bar!

#42 Nindia

Nindia

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

hi sorry for noob question

why gene need spend stat point for LUK?

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

If your str and int are already high, it can be cheaper (in terms of status points) to get more damage with luk than with str or int, since it costs so much more to add another point of those.

#44 Habacucc

Habacucc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Is erde better than RTE for large MVPS? Or RTE outdamages it?

Like, comparing a +12 erde EA8 with 2 archer skels, vs a +12 RTE with 3 archer skels, which one will deal more damage with AB on large monsters?

#45 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Is erde better than RTE for large MVPS? Or RTE outdamages it?

Like, comparing a +12 erde EA8 with 2 archer skels, vs a +12 RTE with 3 archer skels, which one will deal more damage with AB on large monsters?

May be it also depends on your other gears? I always use DrAzzy Gen damage comparator: DrAzzy's Geneticist Comparator

I think Erde is significantly better if you have Pyroclastic from Dieter.

#46 Habacucc

Habacucc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

May be it also depends on your other gears? I always use DrAzzy Gen damage comparator: DrAzzy's Geneticist Comparator

I think Erde is significantly better if you have Pyroclastic from Dieter.

Umm, how do I use the comparator? I can't clearly understand the instructions :(

#47 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

There are 3 main columns; Base Case, Case 1, Case2, where each main column composed of 2 sub-columns.

In the first main column, there are 4 stats concerning the damage; Str, Int, Dex, Luk, just sum each stat from the in game char and put it here. For +ATK, +MATK, +%Ranged, these values should be sum from all your gears that you always wear during the comparison. In your case, you only want to compare 2 weapons, so you can sum the total values from the other gears except your weapon and put them here.

In the column Case 1 and Case 2, input the additional values when you change something. In your case, input the values from +12 Triple AS RTE (Watk = 160, Weap level = 4, Refine = 12, +% Ranged = 30) and +12 Double AS EA8 Erde (Watk = 130?, Weap level = 3, Refine = 12, +% Ranged = 36) in Case 1 and Case 2 respectively. The additional input values here will be accumulated with the Base case before the results is shown in the last 8 rows of the table.

Edited by GraydroZ, 16 March 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#48 Habacucc

Habacucc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

There are 3 main columns; Base Case, Case 1, Case2, where each main column composed of 2 sub-columns.

In the first main column, there are 4 stats concerning the damage; Str, Int, Dex, Luk, just sum each stat from the in game char and put it here. For +ATK, +MATK, +%Ranged, these values should be sum from all your gears that you always wear during the comparison. In your case, you only want to compare 2 weapons, so you can sum the total values from the other gears except your weapon and put them here.

In the column Case 1 and Case 2, input the additional values when you change something. In your case, input the values from +12 Triple AS RTE (Watk = 160, Weap level = 4, Refine = 12, +% Ranged = 30) and +12 Double AS EA8 Erde (Watk = 130?, Weap level = 3, Refine = 12, +% Ranged = 36) in Case 1 and Case 2 respectively. The additional input values here will be accumulated with the Base case before the results is shown in the last 8 rows of the table.

Alright, that did it, thanks a lot :) . And yes, it seems erde is better only when having pyro. In most other cases, RTE is a better choice; even against large monsters it does about the same avg damage than erde :o

#49 catenacci

catenacci

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

FAW 18 EA or +9HBP for AB?

#50 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

How useful is Crazy Vines? is it worth the 10pts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users