Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 4 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#76 9593140409002256180

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

Azzy, could you add a Potter/cooker/pvm hybrid build please :)?

#77 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

I'm wondering if there's a list that showcase which mvp is better killed with AB and which is better with CC. 

#78 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

What do people think about Green Operation Coat?

On a related note, how does Ancient golden ornament fair against EMH?

Edited by Qani, 30 April 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#79 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

Is there something special about the green operation coat? From the db you linked to, it looks like junk.

#80 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

It has two bio enchanting slots and it's fairly cheap, 6m on ragial, so you can actually afford to break them while enchanting.

#81 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

The armor enchants aren't very exciting >.> and the abilities of the item itself are junk. 

I'd be more inclined to wear orleans or something. 

Also, can you post link to stats of Ancient Golden Ornament? DB doesn't have it. 

#82 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

The armor enchants aren't very exciting >.> and the abilities of the item itself are junk. 

I'd be more inclined to wear orleans or something. 

Also, can you post link to stats of Ancient Golden Ornament? DB doesn't have it. 

from rms, although they do say it's the iRO description:

[iRO Description]
A Beautiful Golden accessory with ancient magic. It changes its power depending on the owner's class.
If base Lv. 150, All Stats +2.
If Swordman, Merchant, Thief class, ATK + 8%
If Mage or Acolyte, MATK + 8%, increase 7% of heal amount,
If Archer, DEX +3, increase long distance physical attack power 10%.

#83 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

oh my bad, did not realise bio enchants are seperated into weapon and armor enchants xd

Then I guess the ornament isn't as interesting as I thought either.

#84 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

'zactly. 

That's why nobody talks about enchanted bio4 armor :-P

#85 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

For RWC Ring, I wanted to ask if FS3 is better or 3% attack? I'm guessing even with Hurricane Fury FS3 is better than 3% attack but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

#86 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

Well, of course, 332*0.03 < 12. 

But that's only if you have 0 str and a +0 weapon! 

Under realistic assumptions, you've got probably 100+ str (let's call it 100), so you've got 498 watk (lets call it 500), plus the atk from refine, and any +atk gears you might have. 600 or so raw +% atk effect eligible atk is reasonable, and it could be much higher. 

HOWEVER the atk from watk is effected by weapon penalty! 

When I ran it through with my test gen stats (the defaults on my calc), the +%atk was better vs large targets, both were equal vs medium targets, and vs small, the FS was better. The differences were 1% or less. 

When using RTE or similar, of course, the FS will always win, generally by around 1.x%

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 May 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#87 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Ah thank you for the thorough explanation.

#88 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Oh - and if it's not clear, my conclusion is that FS is a better choice in general, as it's better in more cases.

Note that for CCing, you get a bigger boost to DPS using RWC pendants with spell 33 enchants (especially if you stack % cast reduc effects. 100% cast reduc cart cannon is fun)

#89 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Poor man's insta cc can also be FAW spell 744+, 2 Sprint rings + Sprint mail/shoes, at least spell 2/4 weapon(still about 99.5% cast redux in the end due to dex since you apparently can't mix both dex and cast redux together to get 100%) CoD+9 with Dark Illusion or +10 CoD with KK, if you have Spell3/4 then it is over 100% cast redux for that.  Cheaper than getting 2 RWC pendants and trying to enchant them to spell 3/3 on each.  Card wise for armor/boots your choice I still haven't decided for mine yet.  Also the set makes for very nice spamming of CC due to the after cast delay reductions that you get from the cod + sprint set.

Downside is the damage wont be ridiculously high unless you have a wep at +9 or more(then again my gene is only 102 with under  70 STR for attack so that has yet to be determined still, and only a +7 double kingbird Erde)

Also even without a card you'll have less max hp due to (if you have it) dark illusion card, but the sprint set restores 7% of that so it's 3% less, +9 those with firelock and you should be decent.  Like I said, it's for those who don't have the luxury of having 2 RWC pendants(that are no longer tradeable except in box, which boxes currently run for 300m each) and still want instant cast without spending that much money

Edited by Alanthier, 09 May 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#90 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

FAW spell 744+

For the FAW, level of spell enchant doesn't matter, as long as you have 3 spell enchants - FAW can't get any spell enchants that don't give 10% cast time reduc. 

For AB - cast time doesn't matter, you shouldn't be using spell enchanted FAW (EA enchanted one would bury it). 

For CC - matk doesn't matter, so level of spell enchants doesn't matter. 

#91 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

For the FAW, level of spell enchant doesn't matter, as long as you have 3 spell enchants - FAW can't get any spell enchants that don't give 10% cast time reduc. 

For AB - cast time doesn't matter, you shouldn't be using spell enchanted FAW (EA enchanted one would bury it). 

For CC - matk doesn't matter, so level of spell enchants doesn't matter. 

Gonna ignore what u said.  I said spell 7 by mistake because i'm so used to typing it, and I said faw for the 10% cast redux per spell enchant, for 30% like you said before.  Some of us aren't ridiculously rich in game, i was merely suggesting it, and flaming me for it, well you should know well better than that, being a mod and all.  

#92 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Calm down dude. I think DrAzzy just merely gave his opinion based on what he thought. He don't have any intention to deny your suggestions.

Actually your suggestion about this set is really good alternative for low budget imo. I checked the price and sprint mail is very cheap so we can buy a lot of them and card them with proper elemental cards like sword fish, pasana, etc. for damage reduction. The only inferior part of this setup is that we lose a little bit of hp/sp from variant shoes, a slot of EA enchant for weapon, and we cannot 100% freely use any armors (like unfrozen fire armor for example).

#93 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Gonna ignore what u said.  I said spell 7 by mistake because i'm so used to typing it, and I said faw for the 10% cast redux per spell enchant, for 30% like you said before.  Some of us aren't ridiculously rich in game, i was merely suggesting it, and flaming me for it, well you should know well better than that, being a mod and all.  

Dude.... I don't know whether you did it on accident or not - I just wanted to make sure that someone reading your post didn't leave thinking they needed to get a spell 7 enchant on their FAW, and then waste zeny re-enchanting to get that. 

#94 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Since the glast heim update is around the corner, maybe some builds revolving around the space-time boots can be made? For example, 120 dex build for insta-cast acid bomb when under sacrament or 120 str build for 50 atk boost. I'm sure those new boots would make genes even stronger than before~

#95 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

Since the glast heim update is around the corner, maybe some builds revolving around the space-time boots can be made? For example, 120 dex build for insta-cast acid bomb when under sacrament or 120 str build for 50 atk boost. I'm sure those new boots would make genes even stronger than before~

You idea about instant cast AB is great!! Under sacra and string ... :gg:

#96 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

What are the stats on the new items?  How do we get them?

I think it's best to wait and see how the items behave in game before we add anything to a build thread. A build guide is not speculation, but recommendation. 

#97 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

This post provides information:

http://forums.warppo...date/?p=1785904

But as you said, it would probably be better to wait for the update itself which should be coming into the main server next week. Until then though, it might be a good idea to plan ahead and decide on possible stat allocations(since the items essentially force you to get 120 in one stat an additional bonus)

#98 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Server:retired

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Sakray is going to have it after maintenance as GMs say. It is worth testing the time boots with the secrament skill and see if it will do the No-bar Acid Bombs once Sakray is up

#99 Johnzor

Johnzor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2151 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Has anyone tested to see if Temporal Dex boots turns Acid bomb with sacrament into 0 cast time or is it 0.25 seconds? It's one or the other but I don't want to reset my gen to crappy 120 dex if it isn't insta cast haha. Any Information is appreciated.

#100 QQRAWR

QQRAWR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone tested to see if Temporal Dex boots turns Acid bomb with sacrament into 0 cast time or is it 0.25 seconds? It's one or the other but I don't want to reset my gen to crappy 120 dex if it isn't insta cast haha. Any Information is appreciated.

I have tested it and it is 0.25s, the dmg "numbers" are low, but the DPS its a lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users