Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 7 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#151 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm testing 120Dex with Dex Boots.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much fun ^^ but I still want new max lv for more dmg and balance build.  :wah:  :wah:  :wah:

Edited by DonatoX, 07 September 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#152 Darkcompact

Darkcompact

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

So I've recently joined the ranks as a Geneticist, Deno is my name (name changing that soon ha). And I followed the instant cc build but included temporal int boots sp5 lucky day over the rte at the moment (because rte isn't enchantable D:)
I'm curious as to how the temporal boots have played into everyone's genetics. Is there anyone +12ing them and just slotting them versus the enchantments? I know I did this for my Sura since I went 120 str build (temporal str boots, gloves of shura). You genes that are enjoying the dex boots, how's your ccing dmg? Is it feeling meh for the paradigm shift for faster ABs?

#153 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm testing 120Dex with Dex Boots.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much fun ^^ but I still want new max lv for more dmg and balance build.  :wah:  :wah:  :wah:

So is the 120 Dex worth it? You keeping the build or changing it back?

#154 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

So is the 120 Dex worth it? You keeping the build or changing it back?

No, I changed it back to my previous build. but when the new max lv comes, I'll use 120 dex build. 

#155 Darkcompact

Darkcompact

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm curious, the Turtle General Card's 20% damage to all increased, where is that calculated as far as CC/AB damage?

I'm just wondering how much better (or worse?) is a 3xTG carded RTE versus 3xAS carded RTE. 

#156 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Im enjoying 120 dex build tbh...  Didnt liked it at first cause the low dmg but solved it with an orc hero card. having low vit isnt that bad tho.

#157 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'm curious, the Turtle General Card's 20% damage to all increased, where is that calculated as far as CC/AB damage?

I'm just wondering how much better (or worse?) is a 3xTG carded RTE versus 3xAS carded RTE. 

It's treated as any other +20% damage vs (race/size/element/all) - stacks additively with other +% vs all or +% atk effects (the two are the same thing, just inconcistently named) - it increases the portion of attack from weapon and +atk effects, but not the portion of attack from stats. It only effects physical damage (so does not boost matk portion of AB). 

AS card effects all ranged physical damage (Regardless of whether it's based on atk/matk), so it effects the entirety of the damage of AB and CC. 

In context, this means that for AB, that +20% damage is comparable to 6-7% ranged under baseline conditions (average build, RTE), since it effects 1 of the 3 contributors to AB damage, and in typical conditions (RTE, basic gear, nothing very exciting on), they're approximately equal. This will of course depend on your build. 

For CC, however, it's more competitive - it only effects watk/eatk, but it should do comparable damage to an AS card. Until, that is, you take account of your other +% ranged modifiers. This could easily push you into territory where the TG was better than AS for CC.

For AB, the bar is higher, but it is still possible under less common combinations of stats and gear, for the TG to be better than AS. 

If I was going to put a TG into anything and use it on a genetic, I'd put it on a hurricane fury. There, the monsterous watk would likely make the TG better than AS right off the bat. Plus, that way you only need one. 

You can always run the numbers if you want to dig in deep http://drazzy.com/ca...encompare.shtml (compares two genetic builds)

#158 Darkcompact

Darkcompact

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

@DrAzzy thanks chief, always so insightful. Yeah i looked at the calculator I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to use it not knowing how TG was going to be factored in. From what you've explained a 3xTG RTE versus 3xAS RTE would not be worth while unless you're insanely rich or extremely high upgraded (also insanely rich) RTE's (even then the difference is way too small). 

#159 Lazeruz

Lazeruz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

one question, under gear you left out accessory's or ma i blind? What do you advise for CC build? i have the whole set you recommended up there. the HPB set. i have yet to get FAW to +9

#160 kuyaeze

kuyaeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

one question, under gear you left out accessory's or ma i blind? What do you advise for CC build? i have the whole set you recommended up there. the HPB set. i have yet to get FAW to +9

It's under insta CC gear sets, 2 RWC pendants enchanted with 2x spell 3.

#161 stonehead

stonehead

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

Is Sword Mastery useful? How does it affect Genetic Skills,like AB/CC/thorn trap/wall/crazy vines/fire expansion?

For some reasons I'm ignoring the demonic fire skill tree,and maxing Sword Mastery. Don't know if it's worth.

#162 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sword Mastery adds Mastery type attack. This increases damage of most skills, including cart cannon, but does not effect AB damage. 

You can see the impact with the calc in my sig. It's not a huge increase, but it's something - it's enough that it's not crazy to do.

So sorry for the slow response here - I had typed it out I think friday... but didn't see I hadn't posted until now.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 October 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#163 stonehead

stonehead

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

Thx Azzy,I'm wondering about other skills too,not only CC/AB. Somehow I'm doing well with Crazy Vines and a +9 CK FS 7 7 + Pyro. It's just like a AOE Hell Plant

About weapon list,I've read the Gene MVP weapon thread,I believe Erde is a very good choice,for the fact that most valueable MVP are large and the usefulness of pyroclastic. With Pyro on almost 24/24,it's like using both a HF and a shield,and damage is the same for medium too.

Still I'm using your tool and AI,it's a great work,Azzy.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 October 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#164 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

Thx Azzy,I'm wondering about other skills too,not only CC/AB. Somehow I'm doing well with Crazy Vines and a +9 CK FS 7 7 + Pyro. It's just like a AOE Hell Plant

I'm assuming that you are using this on WoE, lol, now I want to try it :rice:

Erde, yeah the only Con that i see is that, as you said most valuable mvps are large, but remember that in most case ppl tend to kill them on party, so they go for the HF, however, lets say we are solo'ing large mvps, how much will affect the extra 30 atk that have the RTE and the bonus from the lvl 4 weapon upgrade vrs the Erde and comparing the %Size reductions?

I must say that the advantange of Erde is that you can actually get 40% damage on range damage which is a lot of damage on a pretty good weapon. (Just until they add the RTE at the Malangdo Enchants) :Emo_17:

Edited by Cepo, 07 October 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#165 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

Erde isn't terribly interesting without pyroclastic (it's the best unbreakable 1-handed weapon; if you die with  Pyro up (even with FCP), your weapon will break unless it's unbreakable). You can contrive find cases where the Erde is a little better without that factor, but rarely by a significant margin. 

I'd be surprised if CV was competitive with CC in terms of DPS, assuming both are using an appropriate weapon. CV is more important for shredding AoE's in WoE. 

#166 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

I'd be surprised if CV was competitive with CC in terms of DPS, assuming both are using an appropriate weapon. CV is more important for shredding AoE's in WoE. 

Competitive I doubt it, interesting maybe, CV have a cast time of 7.5 secs and a 5 secs cooldown, vrs the CC cast which is 3 sec, (without counting castime reductions that will apply the same for both), you will be able to cast like 3 - 4 CC instead of one 1 CV.

Maybe it could work like a side effect attack from using CV for clearing the floor but not as a main attack I think.

Edited by Cepo, 08 October 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#167 aisensan

aisensan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hello...Scaraba Card work with the rwc pendant?

#168 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

It should, as long as you have the card (not sure if this was implemented yet)

I make some research, it seems that there is a another card like that, but gives ATK+20, Gold Scaraba Card, dropped by some kind of evolved scaraba mobs from the second level but they are gold now, they appear on the Scaraball Hall Dungeon lvl 3, assume that will be implemented in a future.

(Taked from a non-official database)

#169 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello...Scaraba Card work with the rwc pendant?

Well, yes - but the matk from scaraba only adds to damage from Acid Bomb, and since Acid Bomb is all fixed cast (hence doesn't benefit from the cast time reduc from spell enchants on the pend, only the matk from it), you should think about whether the Pendant is the right fit for it. 

#170 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

The thing is... the card its implemented in game?

Yeah it is, my mistake, so the pendant will work in case you make use of them only for AB, or you can try to get RWC instead and add FS enchants with scaraba ATK and MATK.

Edited by Cepo, 10 October 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#171 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

I'm making a gene that can almost solo MVP and can also level up efficiently. What is the most zeny-saving build for her?

Here's my idea after reading the guide:

HBP AB optimized:

Str: 105

Int: 90

Vit: 96

Dex: 90

Luk:54

Equipment: 
+9 CoD or EMH (never thought of a KK card...wont be able to have that amount of zeny this year...)

Improved Opera Phantom Mask

+x Triple Kingbird Red Twin Edge (at least how high I should get to beat mvp?)

Orleans Gowns - Fire, Shadow, Water, Porcellio (to default)  / almost got them

Variant shoes  / got them

Valkyrian Shields - Alice and Hodremlin  / got them

Since RWC is not useful for AB, should I still try to get it? What other accessory should I get then?

But I dont have any cast reduction, will my CC being so slow that I can't level effeciently? Great thanks! :thx:

Edited by neko1231, 13 October 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#172 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

guys need help for dishing max damage for CC, what weapon? thanks

#173 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

RTE [ASx3} and the highest refine level you can get, in case you want go solo, without losing you shield resistance.

Or Hurricane Fury [AS] EA8, EA9, EA10, EA12( EA12 only if you have millions of millions of zeny to try it out or if you are blessed by God to get this enchant)

And also the highest refine you can get on this, effective on every mvps but would be better if you have a party, or solo with on the easy ones)

#174 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

ok thanks Cepo so I guess AS really helps CC damage. I saw some genetics doing 40k damages on incubus/succubus ao 1hit only. Im only doing 17k damage on them using +4 uncarded Giant Axe so I can't 1 hit these guys so resback time I always died. Thanks for info gonna get AS now.

#175 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:23 AM

The most important if you want to hit like those guys, is, the AS card, EA enchants and and your stats, Giant Axe have a pretty good damage, so you just need those things and of course they probably were using Iron Cannon Balls with Aspersio, try this and you will see that your damage per CC will increase a lot, if you dont have a priest or if you are soloing can try to buy some holy waters and get an Aspersio Scroll those are very useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users