Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 9 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#201 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Many people already know this, but the new Shadow Earring Costume gives an extra -3% cast reduction if it is upgrade to +7. This 3% is barely noticeable, but it might be useful for the Geneticist who may need that extra 3%.

#202 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

Good catch. That 3% is actually a really big deal when you're near instant cast. And you can get 2 of them can't you?

#203 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

hi, dr.Azzy. i'm following this guide for my gen.

i have one question about armor.

why typhoon, why not volcano or ocean? :)

what azzy said for the other 2 and as for my unfrozen volcano, i usually use it for woe instead where dragon breath and storm gust exists in precast, and the SG isn strong enough to get to you

#204 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

what azzy said for the other 2 and as for my unfrozen volcano, i usually use it for woe instead where dragon breath and storm gust exists in precast, and the SG isn strong enough to get to you

Is not good in WoE after the latest patch. Now there is both fire and water db, but it's all reduced by race and WoE reduc now, though. You should probably default am unfrozen WoE set. With fire unfrozen, I'll 1 shot your ass with WDB.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 January 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#205 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

stat at lv 175 for MVPing Please!!!!!!

#206 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hi DrAzzy,

Thanks so much for your working on the AI first, it's really useful to us (Gen)!!Really appreciate that all your work!!! many thanks!!

and i have a question:

Im a PVE/MVP only Gen, Is Temporal Dex Boots not really good to us?

i just reset my status 120D for the boots, but seens like not really useful tho,  and 120 D its like kindly waste. Kinda coufused,

best wish to you!!! 

#207 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

Hi DrAzzy,

Thanks so much for your working on the AI first, it's really useful to us (Gen)!!Really appreciate that all your work!!! many thanks!!

and i have a question:

Im a PVE/MVP only Gen, Is Temporal Dex Boots not really good to us?

i just reset my status 120D for the boots, but seens like not really useful tho,  and 120 D its like kindly waste. Kinda coufused,

best wish to you!!! 

Dex Build with Dex Boots is super awesome.. ^^ Lolllllllllllllll

#208 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Dex Build with Dex Boots is super awesome.. ^^ Lolllllllllllllll

thanks for the reply! because i didnt see DrAzzy mention the dex boots, thats why im asking  XD

#209 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

If you have megs, it's gonna be simple, isn't it?

STR 120

AGI 1

VIT 90

INT 100

DEX 120

LUK 2

#210 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

If you have megs, it's gonna be simple, isn't it?

STR 120

AGI 1

VIT 90

INT 100

DEX 120

LUK 2

Ohhh nice Thanks ^^ seem like I don't have to change anything. ><"

#211 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

to DrAzzy,

Just saw every post this in thread, really useful! guess i have to give up the 120DEX build like u said its not worth it and means i have to spend zeny to reset again....T.T

#212 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

to DrAzzy,

Just saw every post this in thread, really useful! guess i have to give up the 120DEX build like u said its not worth it and means i have to spend zeny to reset again....T.T

Much of this thread was written before the 175 update.

120 dex is now not as unreasonable on genetic, because you have more stat points to get it with now. The DPS with acid bomb would be significantly better now that you can get it without kneecapping your damage.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#213 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Much of this thread was written before the 175 update.

120 dex is now not as unreasonable on genetic, because you have more stat points to get it with now. The DPS with acid bomb would be significantly better now that you can get it without kneecapping your damage.

Hi DrAzzy, thanks so much for your reply,

I see, im the MVP/PVE/Endless Tower only Gen,

My equip:

Head upper: +9 KK COD

Head Mid:    +9 KK COD

Head Lower : Priate dagger/chewing Gum (for wild mvp chewing gum is a good choice guys!)

Armor: Fire/Wind/Water/Earth/Shadow/Undead/Porcellil  Orleans's Gown,  

Unfrozen Saphien's Armor of Ocean

Unfrozen Aebecee's Raging Typhoon Armor

Garment: +9 IBackPack,

Fire/Wind/Water/Earth Resistance Garment,

Boot: +9 S.Variant(Firelock Soilder)

+9 Temporal Dex Boots Runaway Magic Expert Archer4  (Runaway Magic is not really useful to me, maybe I didnt use the right way?

I used Demonic Fire to active, its pretty low chance and even tho its actived, it will drain your mp like crazy, i'm gonna try the lucky day/hawkeye/bear power later to test it how's that)

Accessory: RWC2012 Ring/Pendant 

Weapon: +9 Double EA3 HF/+9 Trible AS Twin Edge

Question:

1) Is FAW better than HBP alot? 

2) Erde is that better than Twin Edge?

Basicly i can afford anything but god items and MVP card, what is the highly recommend equip for Mvp Gen now? I havnt play IRO for a while since kindly busy for my work last year. It changed alot, need some time to pick up the new stuff. >.<

What do you recommend for the status DrAzzy? Please advise some suggestion, really appreciate!

Now my status is   (143 Gen)   26k HP/4.7k MP

Str:    90

Agi:    1

Vit:     60

Int :    90

Dex:  120

Luk:   1

#214 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

1) FAW is much better in some cases, and somewhat better in most, and a little worse in few cases. 

2) NO ERDE IS NOT BETTER in the majority of cases! It is better in a small number of cases, and with a dieter homun it may be a better choice in general, because it makes pyro more convenient (and usable vs mvps that might kill you). For most people the RTE is better. I think I've been over this literally over 50 times. 

I don't feel like I'm qualified to give post-175 update builds - I haven't 175'ed either of my gens. 

You'll want 2x spell 33 RWC pends, It looks like you're mostly good on the gear, though your hat is lousy for bombing (great for CC DPS though). 

#215 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Runaway Magic Dex Boots EA4 are really good for ghost MVP. When Runaway Magic procs(which almost always procs on the ghost mvp's) it almost doubles your cart cannon dmg. My normal CC with ghost ball is 55k to 60k pers cast. When Runaway Magic procs for a crazy 10 seconds my CC does around 105k to 110k per cast. Can kill bee solo in like 3min lol. I actually use less blue pots even with the crazy drain because I kill the MVP twice as fast.

The Lucky Day boots are pretty good but doesn't increase CC dmg or bomb dmg by a lot. You will notice the dmg difference when it procs but it's not crazy like the Runaway Magic boost. It only last 5 seconds as well.

I haven't tried bear power yet. If u have a ms sura tank like me it probably wouldn't proc much. When it procs I bet the bomb dmg goes up a good bit but how many bombs can u cast in 5sec.

Edited by DarkDan, 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#216 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

1) FAW is much better in some cases, and somewhat better in most, and a little worse in few cases. 

2) NO ERDE IS NOT BETTER in the majority of cases! It is better in a small number of cases, and with a dieter homun it may be a better choice in general, because it makes pyro more convenient (and usable vs mvps that might kill you). For most people the RTE is better. I think I've been over this literally over 50 times. 

I don't feel like I'm qualified to give post-175 update builds - I haven't 175'ed either of my gens. 

You'll want 2x spell 33 RWC pends, It looks like you're mostly good on the gear, though your hat is lousy for bombing (great for CC DPS though). 

thanks so much for your advise DrAzzy!! Really helpful! Appreciate!!

#217 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

Runaway Magic Dex Boots EA4 are really good for ghost MVP. When Runaway Magic procs(which almost always procs on the ghost mvp's) it almost doubles your cart cannon dmg. My normal CC with ghost ball is 55k to 60k pers cast. When Runaway Magic procs for a crazy 10 seconds my CC does around 105k to 110k per cast. Can kill bee solo in like 3min lol. I actually use less blue pots even with the crazy drain because I kill the MVP twice as fast.

The Lucky Day boots are pretty good but doesn't increase CC dmg or bomb dmg by a lot. You will notice the dmg difference when it procs but it's not crazy like the Runaway Magic boost. It only last 5 seconds as well.

I haven't tried bear power yet. If u have a ms sura tank like me it probably wouldn't proc much. When it procs I bet the bomb dmg goes up a good bit but how many bombs can u cast in 5sec.

I see! i think i used the dex boot wrong way, thanks for your info! i will try that again! and what head gear do u recommond for vs MVP? i just realize the COD couldnt help AB much, so what should i use for head(upper&mid)? thanks so much for your advise!!its a great lesson!

#218 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

Guys,

Please advise if I should sacrifice EA enchant on my Erde for Spells enchant. I plan to use the spells enchant for instant CC cast. Please advise if it is worth it to sacrifice the EA7~EA9 for instant cast. Thank you.

#219 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

One question, I'm level 88 right now. My stat build:

STR 70
AGI 1
VIT 40

INT 50

DEX 35

LUK 1

I have 300+ points to use, but I dunno how now. So any suggestion?

PS: I don't have good gears, just a +7 HBP.

@edit

I'm kinda following the:

HBP AB optimized:

Str: 105

Int: 90

Vit: 96

Dex: 90

Luk:54

But not 100% sure

Edited by Siliency, 27 January 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#220 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

For pure solo leveling without a tank, it's worth sacrificing most things for insta-cast for CC. This is because if you don't insta-cast, you'll have to wear a orleans or phen which will increase your cast by 15% or more. So you have to add another 15% on top of whatever you already have, which is a pretty big sacrifice.

If someone else is mostly tanking, you don't really need insta-cast and don't need orleans provided you have a pretty good reduction amount (80% or more). You cast really fast already and shouldn't be interrupted most of the time. You can hotkey a orleans or a phen just in case too.

Things get a bit more complicated when you are going for cast reduction from stats like DEX and INT. If you have a massive amount of DEX and INT and almost enough for insta-cast (DEX * 2 + INT = 530), 15% on top of that isn't really that significant. But most people aim for insta so you don't need to sacrifice a little damage by wearing a orleans or phen. Mostly this applies to Mjolnir users because of all the DEX you get from that.

#221 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

I see, since I'll be soloing most of the time. I guess it would be a good option now put some DEX, till 50, then INT till 60 and more STR?

@edit

One more question, any suggestion about a equip to focus get first? Like a weapon or acessory.
I do have Phen

Edited by Siliency, 27 January 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#222 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

I was more answering ilovemilk's question about EA vs. spell, but for you, soloing is expensive in general, since you need lots of money for consumables for keeping HP/SP up. You can use certain gears to alleviate that like leech gears or cheap healing boosters, but even those are expensive at the beginning (you save money in the long term).

Check out the gramps TIs until you have more money and gears for soloing.

For builds, if mostly CCing, go for higher INT and medium STR at first. If using MVPs to level up and have friends to help tank / support you, go higher STR and medium INT. DEX is tougher to explain / recommend; it helps with cast time for CC but you'll have pretty slow cast time even with 90 DEX and most people really depend on % reduction gears for CC. VIT you'll want medium amounts of at first for general survivability. People who solo most of the way may opt for higher VIT for even better survivability. AGI generally you won't get any of. LUK you should get small amounts as you progress for a little bit more damage and other small bonuses, though honestly most people won't even notice the difference between 20 luk and 40 luk when leveling; it's really for perfecting your character and you will definitely get some in the end.

More complexities come with the "definition" of end-game. Of course 175/60 is the current max, but it's quite expensive to get there; most people pop a lot of BMx3's at least in the higher levels. So you might have to decide for yourself where you are aiming for and where you might want to "stop" leveling. Regardless, all MVP Genetic builds should get 120 DEX for the temporal dex boots bonus. The rest is pretty straightforward if you have a decent understanding of what each stat does, and is pretty similar to the recommended / pinned builds. You just might have to sacrifice certain stats if you want 120 DEX earlier on (140-150) vs. later on (160-170).

#223 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

I see, well really thank you kasshin. Being honest I would like to level with MVP but since I don't have anyone to tank or help me, it would be better if I get my INT to 80, DEX to 60 and more VIT? Something like that? And level with Cart Cannon? (I believe I can afford level like this). 

About the next step (gear), maybe a weapon for damage?

#224 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

I would probably recommend % cast time reduction gears.

Most people recommend a red twin for your first weapon; I personally would suggest a double spell enchanted Erde instead for comparable CC damage on medium / better CC damage on large / cast time enchants. You can upgrade these with a chance to break instead of certs since they are really cheap, and easy to upgrade since they're a level 3 weapon.

Triple spell FAW is really nice for that. Crown of Deceit for top/mid. Sprint Rings for accessories or RWC pendants if you have a higher budget.

Soloing is kind of tough. Priority for solo gears would be some sort of cheaper healing method. Right now there is the baphomet costume that makes milk heal for a lot and lets you keep your headgears, which is kind of OP. When the effect is off, you'd have to resort to a witch hat + alarm mask combo for decent cheap healing.

#225 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

For pure solo leveling without a tank, it's worth sacrificing most things for insta-cast for CC. This is because if you don't insta-cast, you'll have to wear a orleans or phen which will increase your cast by 15% or more. So you have to add another 15% on top of whatever you already have, which is a pretty big sacrifice.

If someone else is mostly tanking, you don't really need insta-cast and don't need orleans provided you have a pretty good reduction amount (80% or more). You cast really fast already and shouldn't be interrupted most of the time. You can hotkey a orleans or a phen just in case too.

Things get a bit more complicated when you are going for cast reduction from stats like DEX and INT. If you have a massive amount of DEX and INT and almost enough for insta-cast (DEX * 2 + INT = 530), 15% on top of that isn't really that significant. But most people aim for insta so you don't need to sacrifice a little damage by wearing a orleans or phen. Mostly this applies to Mjolnir users because of all the DEX you get from that.

but if u dont have phen/orlean, u cant even cast AB? how can u fix this problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users