Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 01/09/2014! - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 2:00PM PDT! 01/09/2014!

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 Dutcheagle

Dutcheagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWay high up in the clouds╭∩╮(︶︿︶メ)
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Suggestion: Fix the game clock to show the SERVER TIME ZONE.

I hate how it's wrong and I ever get mad because the game time isn't the same of the server and I just get diconnected for maint.

I think its comp related but im not sure though .. 

#27 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I think its comp related but im not sure though .. 

Not entirely. Not all countries change to Daylight Savings Time, and back again. And even those that do, change at different times. So sometimes the game clock will not be correct. I would suggest making sure your pc clock is on the right time though.

#28 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

LOL, back on the "Server Time" topic?  I still can't figure out why the time that is displayed in-game, that emanates from the server is not constant!

#29 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

LOL, back on the "Server Time" topic?  I still can't figure out why the time that is displayed in-game, that emanates from the server is not constant!

Because our country feels the need to screw everyone up twice a year, by changing the clocks. They say it saves energy, but that is hogwash. All it does is mess with our sleep. But when we do that, we don't change our clocks on the same day as other countries, this messes up how they see the server time.

#30 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Because our country feels the need to screw everyone up twice a year, by changing the clocks. They say it saves energy, but that is hogwash. All it does is mess with our sleep. But when we do that, we don't change our clocks on the same day as other countries, this messes up how they see the server time.

No no, what i'm getting at, if the server is sending out in-game a time or any other number, it should be exactly the same on every PC

#31 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Before each Server Maintenance, it is announced that you have "1 hour" or "30 minutes" etc. until the Server Maintenance occurs.

#32 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

And, I do appreciate the count-down Shazamo, but, that still don't answer the damn question, why do the in-game times vary? I'm sure it's a ridiculously simple answer, but I'm curious!

#33 jped

jped

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Be sure to log off before 2:00PM PDT on Thursday(01/09) for a Server Maintenance Roserians!

The Chilliest Festival is going on right now until 1/28/2014 but this upcoming maintenance will add bug fixes/tweaks/most voted costumes/etc.

Thank you guys for your future cooperation.

Since the holidays came and went, expect the maintenance to last a bit longer then usual.

How long will be the Maintenance?!

#34 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

And, I do appreciate the count-down Shazamo, but, that still don't answer the damn question, why do the in-game times vary? I'm sure it's a ridiculously simple answer, but I'm curious!

I agree, the count-down are awesome, but this is not a solution for what we talking about

#35 BluePlasma

BluePlasma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCadada
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

When that happens, check your mana. I have found that if I do not have enough mana, and I click a skill the system chat will tell me that I have an invalid target, I have been meaning to ask Leo and them if this was intentional, as it is a bit confusing. It would be much nicer if the system chat would just tell you that you didn't have enough mana like it used to.

I have checked my mana every time it happened, trust me, I have been thinking about it before reporting it, watching every details, and I was always full (or at least 80%) mana. Apparently, the way to solve it is either wait until it doesn't say ''Target is not an enemy character'' or just re-click the mob/person so then you can cast your skills. It happens on my bourgeois and on my cleric.

#36 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

So the ROSE Online game time clock is based off YOUR system clock. So if you don't happen to live in the West Coast, the times are not going to match.  This could help with referencing your time with ours.

#37 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Our servers are synced up with pool.ntp.org which is the organization that regulates the network time protocol.

#38 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Our servers are synced up with pool.ntp.org which is the organization that regulates the network time protocol.

owned via technology lol...

#39 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Simple answer, and curiosity didn't kill this cat!  Thanks Leo  :)

#40 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sure thing. I do know what you guys are talking about and it is a slight issue with how we setup the whole time display thing. We wanted the time to be accurate to your area, so naturally we have it looking at your local clock for local time. The problem we faced was a network traffic issue, where if we wanted to keep you constantly in sync with the server, it posed a bit of a problem in network traffic and some fancy coding, to get the actual time of our server systems. So, at the time a quick solution was to make it offset the time, based on your time zone, compared to what we know our server time zone would be. However without going in to it in detail and bugging the programmers about it, it may not account for the daylight savings time. So the best I can offer is, if you're off by an hour, it's a matter of the time zone not accounting for it. If you're off by a matter of minutes, then it is just that our servers and your system aren't syncing from the same time source. :)

#41 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Idk., I must have any problem.. I still can't understand why the game clock can't just show the server location timezome. I already seen it in a game, so I supose it may work..

or no? 

:hmm:

#42 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I think instead of saying Server time, we might want to resort to PST or PDT if announcing things.  There are a lot of world time maps around and anyone should be able to figure out what Pacific Standard (Date) Time is an calculate from there.  At least that is what I am trying to do for clan events and stuff and it is what Gravity Announces on the Maint. Announcement.    

#43 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

But with every announcement Bendersmom, we put "PST" "PDT" on the notice/announcement. :ok: I think people just need to be a bit more aware.

#44 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Typically, when I post a server maintenance, I use the "Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)" indication for our location.

UTC/GMT Offset, Standard time zone: -8 hours

#45 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I know you do, that is what I said.  Gravity posts the time in PS(D)T.  People just have to start figuring out what that time means to them and they also have to understand that the US has daylight savings time.  Maybe, as a courtesy Gravity could post for people to check their clocks when we have Daylight Savings.  And maybe you can post a map of the world clock on the forums threads.

#46 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

The cat just went through 9 lives and is now gasping for his last breath after reading all the above!  :)

#47 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Problem is, if we post it once

1. It only affects players who look at the forums.
  2. It would eventually become buried.
    (I'm not sure it's worth pinning)

#48 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

The cat just went through 9 lives and is now gasping for his last breath after reading all the above!  :)

You confuse me at times Scrappy :heh:

#49 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Ok ok, now what really matter..

Are servers coming up soon?

#50 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

While you wait... you should sign up for Mr. ROSE 2014!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users