Back To The Drawing Board - Community ideas! - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Back To The Drawing Board - Community ideas!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

As you know, I have a long-running event going which will be a month long event for every class in the game. With lots of time for improvement, I'm taking suggestions on what you guys want to see from this event. In the Assassin Month event, this is how the winners were decided and what they got:

Grand Prize: There will be 2 grand prize winners. I will be selected via most likes on Facebook, the other will be a random selection. Unfortunately we were not able to get the prize I wanted to give out which was the Assassin Cross RO1 Style costume. As a replacement, the grand prize winners will recieve any permanent costume of their choosing!

*This does not include statted costumes. If you choose tuxedo or wedding dress, it will be the non-statted version.

Participation Prize: To anyone who submits an entry, you will recieve a Premium Dye. (Optional) Any fully-colored entries will also recieve 20 Pollonium Pieces.

Raffle: For every 5 entries we get, we will have a raffle to give away 1 large bag.

What I want from you guys  is your opinion on how YOU would run this event. Help me to help you I guess you could say. Here is what I want from anyone who wants to participate in the upcoming events:

-How will winners be decided?

-What should the grand prize be?

-What should the participation prize be?

-What should we give away in the raffle?

I have my own way of doing this but I'm open to any suggestions provided it's possible for us to do. Please don't suggest something rediculous like Statted Tux with +10 rune of your choice for grand prize. While that would be nice, I'm not that generous ;) You can have single rare items, multiple consumable items, or anything else you can come up with. Be creative :P

#2 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

-How will winners be decided? :

My opinion on that is : One choose by the gamers (voting system), one by the vep team or GM

-What should the grand prize be? :

A costume or head gear related to the drawing

-What should the participation prize be? :

I like the idea of premium dye, temporary mount

Large bag as well are items people are looking for

It's just my opinion :) 

#3 Vanillie

Vanillie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location✿ Home ✿

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

-How will winners be decided? :

My opinion on that is : One choose by the gamers (voting system), one by the vep team or GM

-What should the grand prize be? :

A costume or head gear related to the drawing

-What should the participation prize be? :

I like the idea of premium dye, temporary mount

Large bag as well are items people are looking for

It's just my opinion :) 

^ i think the same

but in how will winners be decided, ill prefer vep team and gm's vote

Edited by Vanillie, 21 January 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#4 6780130505082106153

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

hm i would like see the ign not shown. and really people decide by the drawing not by names :)

but i dont think this would work as well XD since guys post in guild sites to get promotion haha 

Edited by 6780130505082106153, 26 January 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#5 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

How about Crescentia next? Personally, there's a reason I always have to have a costume on as a Crecentia. Some of the armor designs are just... strange. The female Crescentia armor designs are so much better than the male counterparts. I liked the idea of top hats for them in the concept, but... well... aside from costumes, they're nonexistent.

#6 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

How about Crescentia next? Personally, there's a reason I always have to have a costume on as a Crecentia. Some of the armor designs are just... strange. The female Crescentia armor designs are so much better than the male counterparts. I liked the idea of top hats for them in the concept, but... well... aside from costumes, they're nonexistent.

I'm leaving the classes up to community vote. The same class can't be done twice so if no class or a previous class wins the majority vote, I will be picking the class.

#7 XxShiroExX

XxShiroExX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Is the costume for the grand price 3 slotted?

#8 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Is the costume for the grand price 3 slotted?

No. But I believe you can make it 3 slotted.

#9 poyopachii

poyopachii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

when is the next drawing board contest begins? will it be monthly or bi-monthly? and I do agree that the voting system should be one community and one GM and/or VEP

goodluck :)

here's a picture for goodluck

Spoiler

#10 Vogun

Vogun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

So, why were these entries accepted/rejected (delete as appropriate)?

tiduspeco-justice_zps0dc94a23.jpg

So, why was I disqualified this time?  Again, I fulfilled all criteria and my work took more than the required 5 seconds.  (50 minutes).

You've already stated you're against changing the rules mid-contest but here you've gone ahead and disqualified two of us for no reason and not even had the decency to say so.  And why is Lokas3nna's submission entered twice?

Suggestion 1: Have all terms and conditions open and clear.

Suggestion 2: Run your monthly contest each month.

#11 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

hmm yeah i had posted two pictures, but one was only a close-up view of the other, they're the same thing, it's something I always do when sharing concept art. i didn't expect that both would be posted haha. there's a similar thing going on with another entry- both colored and uncolored versions of the same pic was posted.

i'm not winning the fb likes either way but maybe tell us explicitly in the rules next time to post just one picture?

#12 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

So, why were these entries accepted/rejected (delete as appropriate)?

tiduspeco-justice_zps0dc94a23.jpg

So, why was I disqualified this time?  Again, I fulfilled all criteria and my work took more than the required 5 seconds.  (50 minutes).

You've already stated you're against changing the rules mid-contest but here you've gone ahead and disqualified two of us for no reason and not even had the decency to say so.  And why is Lokas3nna's submission entered twice?

Suggestion 1: Have all terms and conditions open and clear.

Suggestion 2: Run your monthly contest each month.

The idea is to create an armor set, not a character. You are missing hat, chest piece, gloves, and pants. Regardless of how long it takes to make, you must meet the criteria. While it is a good drawing, it is not an armor set which is what we're looking for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users