AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

If you are using any other version of AzzyAI, it is highly recommended that you upgrade.

Download AzzyAI 1.541

Download DefaultAI+AzzyAI1.541

How do I install AzzyAI?

Note: If you are using Windows Vista or later with UAC enabled, RO (usually) must be installed to a location outside the 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)' folders, otherwise windows will block the installation.

• Extract the contents of the download. It will contain a folder named, for example, "AzzyAI 1.54". Open this folder. If there is another similarly named folder in it, open that one too (some zip extracting software does that). This will contain a USER_AI folder. 
  • Copy the USER_AI folder from the download to your AI folder, replacing the current USER_AI folder.  USER_AI.jpg
    WARNING: Do not modify the files in the AI folder, only the ones in USER_AI.
    Tip: If you want to keep your current AI for your mercenary, and only use AzzyAI for homun, do NOT replace AI_M.lua. To keep current homun AI, and use AzzyAI for mercenary, do NOT replace AI.lua.
  • Log into RO and test the AI. Log into your character in Ragnarok Online (the game does not need to be restarted), type /hoai (for homunculus) or /merai (for mercenaries) until it says that the AI has been customized. Check that the AI is working.
    Tip: The easiest way to check that it is working is to walk in one direction, one cell at a time. AzzyAI will hold a constant distance of 2 cells behind you (by default), while the default AI will move to a random cell next to you when you move more than 2 cells from it.
  • Customize the AI settings (if needed). Run the included AzzyAIConfig program (in USER_AI) to configure AI options to suit your needs. See the documentation for more information on AI configuration options.

Also - I'd like to remind everyone that there is a Donation link on the AzzyAI website ( http://drazzy.com/ai ). Please feel free to give me some beer money - thanks ;-)  

Major fixes:

Many people have had issues with chasing, obstacle handling, and general movement since the september 4 client update. This update has reworked chasing, standpoint selection, as well as obstacle handling, which was broken by the client update as well. All of these issues stemmed from a single cause - previously moving to a cell with a monster on it worked, with the homun walking to the cell, and being pushed onto an adjacent cell. This does NOT work anymore - occupied cells are like brick walls anymore, so we now have to check that there's nothing on a cell we want to walk to.

There were also a bunch of other fixes in this version (see changelog for details) touching many aspects of the AI.

Finally, we have a new icon made by Kami Kali (of iRO Chaos) for the config program

(I'll update the screenshot of the folder after install later. I want to do it on a system where Lua files look like generic files, since that's what will be typical for users) 

Notice regarding LAG with homun out:

If you experience lag with a merc or homun out, enable the LagReduction option. This option is highly recommended if you are using both merc and homun at the same time. 

Changelog:

* Fix client crash when trying to chase target surrounded by occupied cells. 
* Reduce hard limit on movement to 14 cells of owner instead of 15

* Reorganize Standpoint to simplify code and give us a place to check for occupied cells
* Record occupied cells in AI() data gathering.
* Check and correct for occupied cells on clients using Lua 5.1 only.
* AI no longer uses monster location as "last resort" for chasing, as this no longer works.
* New measures to prevent unwanted behavior from AttackTimeLimit
* Corrected two issues that resulted in spurious errors being logged.
* AoEMaximizeTargets is now checked for skills other than brandish spear and focused arrow strike.
* Corrected issue with debuffs obeying attack vs chasing tactic option.
* Added AttackDebuffWhenAttacked option - if set, debuffs set to be used while attacking are only used if the monster is attacking the homun or owner.
* Corrected issue where skills could be erroneously determined to have failed, resulting in multicasting certain skills. This is not a perfect fix, but it should improve the matter.
* Specific changes to painkiller to address issues with the cast time of that skill not matching expected values.
* Corrected issue with monsters set React (Self) being attacked when they were attacking owner/friends, not just homun.
* Corrected error when using ATTACK_LAST and AttackLastFullSP options
* Corrected issue with AoEMaximizeTargets counting targets set to 'ignore'
* Corrected range of spear mecenary skills and normal attacks to 2, Dec Agi to 9, Lex Div to 5.
* Corrected range and target mode of mercenary recovery skills.
* Added improved logging to Attack State
* Corrected issue with manually commanding merc to use ground targeted skills.
* Corrected cooldown of bloodlust. Added 10 sec grace time to bloodlust and mental charge to prevent it from missing the recast.
* Reworked obstacle avoiding and poslag detection.
* Documented AttackLastFullSP

Special thanks to Sapphic for helping me out tracking the issues down in six test builds, and to Kami Kali for the icon. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 January 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#2 bandit78

bandit78

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Lins broken Download DefaultAI+AzzyAI1.54

#3 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

really appreciate it! and thx for the hardwork! hopefully no more stuck Sera  :p_laugh:  ( been dying in od2 due to this bug )

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Fixed.

Forgot I put those into ai/default, not ai/v150

#5 ravezon

ravezon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSabah, Malaysia
  • Server:Chaos-Ravezon_Inc

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

I dont know others get the same problems but...i have problems with this new version.

1st. for some reason my alchemist cant attack or should i say it take a while before i can attack any target. Im getting delays between command.

2nd. my client hang when i make the switch. Im running 2 client at the same time.

Sorry, i dont really know how to explain it. This is the best i can do.

#6 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

I've downloaded 1.54 and my game is lagging too much. I switch back to 1.53 and continue playing more smooth.

At my end, I play this game with some acceptable lagging but 1.54 lead me the unplayable lagging in the game. 1-3 seconds each action is too much.

Edited by armourer84, 25 January 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#7 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, something actually keeps crashing my client... sort of. If there's a TON of monsters on screen, it'll freeze my entire client and it won't unfreeze. If I have two clients up, the other one will be perfectly fine. I have to alt + F4 out of the homu one lol. I turned off effects and it seemed to solve my problem?

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

If you are experiencing lag with homun out, be sure to turn on the LagReduction option.

I have made no changes in the frequency with which commands are sent (which is what causes this issue on heavily loaded servers) - I think any change in lag would be due to having LagReduction turned on in 1.53 and not in 1.54. 

#9 ravezon

ravezon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

lol...that mess up. ^^

#10 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

aside from client completely freeze when its mobby, im also experiencing client that stops responding when switching between clients / alt tabbing  :p_sick:

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 25 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Ugh. How the hell am I freezing the client? 

I need as much information as possible on what situations can cause this. 

What homun type are you using?

What options have you changed?

Is it configured to use AoE skills as attacks (ie, PoisonMistMode=attack, etc)? 

Is rescue in use?

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 January 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#12 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Amistr -> Sera

Defensive buff off, offensive buff asap, homu type amistr, poison mist true (though my bee does not have poison mist), use paralyze true and level set to 2, stationary aggro dist 13, mobile move bounds 5,

Nope.

Is rescue in use?

Yes for chonchon, drainliar, and orc skeleton. It is all set to rescue self.

Tactics wise:

s. chonchon - attack low, use attack skills never

drainliar - attack medium

orc skel - snipe medium, use skills once level 1

zenorc - snipe high, use skills once level 1

orc archer - react high

It only happens when it's hella mobby. The entire client freezes up o: I turned off effects and I haven't had a problem since.

Edited by Sapphic, 25 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#13 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

aside from client completely freeze when its mobby, im also experiencing client that stops responding when switching between clients / alt tabbing  :p_sick:

Is the second problem only when you have a homu out? I know a lot of people with laptops or people with mouse freedom on have the client tabbing lag o:

Edited by Sapphic, 25 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#14 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

one is evolved amistr lvl 93, the other one is filir > sera lvl 104

didnt change anything on Homunculus autobuff/autoskill etc tab, on Homun tactics i changed its behavior to atk high, set Kill Steal to Always when in homun party, turned it off back when soloing.

no aoe skills yet since low lvl

Is rescue in use?

i set it to rescue "all of the above"

so far, the "client stops responding" bug only happens when i switch between 2 clients/ pressing alt-tab while homun is actively attacking (was in OD2, Low TI map). however, no client crashed while in town (alttabing so many times didnt trigger the bug, at least so far).

@sapphic : idk, i only have this problem after upgrading the AI from 1.52 to 1.54 /hmm

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 25 January 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#15 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

My bee ran offscreen again, but no errors this time x.x I'm going to turn down move bounds to 12.

Also, I had changed clients and had effects on again and there was a giant mob of orc skeletons on my bee. My client froze up when I walked down to where my bee was stuck, because I couldn't Vaporize it.

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

hmmmmm - when you say it froze up, do you mean everything froze (including mouse), or everything just stopped where it was like when you're getting DC'ed? 

Also, check for any very large AAI_ log files. 

#17 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Hi, I recently updated to the AzzyAI 1.54 and I am having a odd problem. When I set my AI to enable "UseDanceAttack" it caused my client to be severely delayed. I have tried this on a Lif with default settings (other then setting "OldType" to Lif and enabling "UseDanceAttack"). Is there any additional information I can provide to help solve this issue?

#18 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Ah, it's definitely not like a DC. The entire client is basically frozen like if you took a screenshot of it. Everything stops moving and if you alt tab the window says Ragnarok Not Responding. My AAIs are quite small <:

If it helps, I think I only got the freezing from this new version and not test version 6?

Edited by Sapphic, 25 January 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#19 technoantic

technoantic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hmm, seems like i have the same symptom. Only happen in low TI when many people spam skill e.g strom gust, etc/Monster Mob. Effect off didn't solve it. Works perfectly in Od2.

Sera  level 119 and Amistr level 99

In Ti change only homun tactics = ks set to Always, Non-Homun S skill, Attack high

No in Ti, in Od2 use mode=chase

Is rescue in use?

No in Ti, yes in Od2 on orc skeleton

#20 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

My Homu froze like 11 cells away from me so still perfectly on screen. It lasted around like 5-7 seconds from when I saw it.

Spoiler

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Fix for client freeze posted. 

I'd forgotten an 'i=i+1' inside a while loop, so instead of giving up after 8 failed attempts, it looped infinitely, which manifests as a client hang. 

#22 ravezon

ravezon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

So its fix now? thanks. i try it now. if run into problems i post it here. Y^o^Y

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

So its fix now? thanks. i try it now. if run into problems i post it here. Y^o^Y

This update fixed a hang (as in, client freezing completely, forced to alt+f4 to exit) that would occur if the homun locked onto a target that had a monster or player in all 8 cells around it. 

This update does not fix the lag you reported - set LagReduction to true to reduce lag caused with homun out - that should help.

My Homu froze like 11 cells away from me so still perfectly on screen. It lasted around like 5-7 seconds from when I saw it.

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, either you were standing next to a rock, or there were multiple posbugged monsters. 

That said, this seems to be indicating an issue in the obstacle handling, since it doesn't seem to be trying to an alternate standpoint, despite using alt movement.

Did you take a screenshot of this by any chance, or do you remember whether:

* The monster to your northwest was fully surrounded by other monsters, except for the cell to your west?

* There was anything standing on the cell to your west, or an obstacle/rock/wall/etc there? Could something have been posbugged and actually have been standing there?

If the monster was surrounded, then the behavior is expected, but not desirable. 

If there was something standing in the cell to your west, there is a problem with my occupied cell detection. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#24 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

azzy, which Mercenary AI is the one that attacks eggs too not just moving monsters like ants (for ant hell afk)

Edited by Jen1oak, 27 January 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

azzy, which Mercenary AI is the one that attacks eggs too not just moving monsters like ants (for ant hell afk)

To do this in AzzyAI, set the option AutoDetectPlants to False, or set the tactic for auto-detected plants to something other than react/ignore. 

This is a consequence of trying to make mercenaries function acceptably on every map other than ant eggs. As you may know, mercenaries cannot identify monsters themselves (the way homuns do it doesn't work). However, an AI that automatically attacks herb plants is well nigh unusable on any map that has them (which is most maps) - so my solution was to not attack things we hadn't seen move or attack by default. 

I will add an entry to the FAQ ( http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.shtml ) on this. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2014 - 11:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users