#1 Zanjizan

Zanjizan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

i find solo lvling very difficult. and the only way i see myself lvling is by eden group and MS tanking im currently 120. ive tried skill resets and still nothing haha. its also an expensive class. Lightning ride casts super slow even at my 95dex and doesnt do nearly as much damage as i would hope. Rampage blaster is awesome but the delay and sp cost is killing, using lots of blues and sp items.

MVP is great Exp but you need a party because my gears arent that good yet. sky net blow also doesnt do that much damage :/

#2 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Did you check Youtube? It has a lot of interesting Sura leveling videos.

Sky Blow is good for Lv100~115.

Rampage Blaster is good for Lv115~130.

Tiger Cannon is good for Lv130~150.

Word is that Tiger Cannon can one shot almost any mob on your way provided you have the correct equipment and stats. However that might not always the case so people use these skills in succession:

While using Energy Gain: First use Windmill for a chance to stun, then Tiger Cannon -> Rampage Blaster -> Sky Blow to finish the mob. If Sky Blow is not enough, you can use Tiger Cannon after the 5 seconds cooldown (RB is 10 secs cooldown).

Also, you need a Rideword Hat, a Niddhogur's Shadow Garb and a Double Malicious Carga Mace. With those you will have much less trouble with HP and SP.

Suras are expensive to level but pay off at the end.

EDIT: Also, Sky Blow is super useful if applied correctly.

Edited by DamiaN468, 26 January 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#3 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:retired

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

TC is a more advanced kind of levelling which is something to opt for when you want to make a 2nd sura. Plus it's been pointed out several times it is supply intensive but well you can say the same for RB lol. Also the combo is kind of tricky at first but you get used to it afterwards.

I would not recommend TC levelling to a first timer sura! Stick to sky blow and RB then keep doing TI parties.

To add to Damian's post it is faster to kill mobs with SB only if you have them positioned close to a wall.

#4 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

i am leveling my sura using sky blow and rampage blaster and i solo fine on mid TI. then again my rising dragon is already LV8 so rampage does decent damage. also using GT energy gain.

my gears are +9 double malicious carga (99-150m?), +7 immune nyd (150m?) and +9 rideword hat (~250m?). wearing an unfrozen armor and using 2 snowier rosaries and i have no problem with sp and hp. spend around 1200 ice cream per turn in which is not really that much (200k z)

snap around to get mob pinned to wall and sky blow until blaster cool down wears off and then finish it. pretty easy.

#5 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Check this video, it doesn't use Tiger Cannon but it does use Earth Shaker. Also has an explanation about how to use Sky Blow.

EDIT: In this one uses Tiger Cannon only. However it is done through combo to maximize damage.

Edited by DamiaN468, 27 January 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#6 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Wanted to bump this topic..... the first video of the Sura using Earthshaker/RampageBlast/SkyBlow is doing insanely well here.

Anyone know why he uses Earthshaker? Is it for the stun chance?

Also .... where can i get that mod that shows the tiles that his anti range spell is affecting, that is also very cool.

#7 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

yes ES is used at the start for the stun effect; can be used with windmill back to back to keep high HP mobs stunned in between the main AoE attacks; also commonly used to finish up mobs if the main damage fails to 1-shot;

the tile color is RCX which does not work anymore in renewal;

#8 pickleee

pickleee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

Notice how he positions himself where mobs are sandwiched between a himself and a wall to optimize skyblow.

Is this considered a necro lol, this topic was made months ago!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users