Please remove Nidhoggur's Nest random warp if Nidhoggur is defeated. =( - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please remove Nidhoggur's Nest random warp if Nidhoggur is defeated. =(

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

As the title implies, if by any chance, GM's please,kindly do some changes on Nidhoggur's Nest 2 about random warping if Nidhoggur is defeated.

What happened was, me and my party mate spent time and effort to kill Nidhoggur for it's "Shadow Garb" or loots. We reached level 2 and defeated the MVP, it dropped a manteau (unidentfied, but i'm pretty sure it is 100% Nidhoggur Shadow Garb) and we saw it, we were celebrating for a bit then we got warped at random corners just as the quest stated.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Nidhoggur's_Nest

Warped at a random corner, I immediately killed the Nidhoggur Guardians quickly as my party mate heads to the center then she found out that the loots are gone..   :sob:   :sob:  :sob:

It's just a little bit sad and frustrating as we spent time and used so much supplies (including a gum) just to found out that the treasure is right there and poof, it's gone..  :sob:

#2 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I wonder if you can send a ticket about this.
This never happened to me before but that sucks.

#3 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Yeah I already did. =( (Hopefully they would kindly take a look at this) and yes that was really bad.. :( Like it killed the joy. We were skyping and both of us were like, "Nice! There's a Garb!" then as I was heading to loot it, poof, warped at the corner and.. :(

Anyway for future runs and for other players too... Hopefully they would remove that thing if the MVP is defeated..

#4 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

I've sent in an inquiry about this, they do not and will never restore loots that you've never picked up. But you can always ask them again to try to disable teleportation upon Nid being killed. It's a pretty easy implementation to make it similar to ET where there are x monsters being killed and upon killing it, the portal is opened, and in this case, teleportation is disabled.

Anyway, My ticket:

Support: "Thank you for your response. Upon further investigation it seems that the room is intended to randomly transport the entire party to one of the four side rooms in set intervals. Unfortunately what we can only suggest is to add more party members to expedite the completion of the instance."

Me: "I'm saying AFTER the MVP is killed. It really should not do this."

Support: "Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the instance is intended to work that way. Rest assured though that we will be forwarding your response for further review and consideration."

Me:"Hm.. I see. I don't think this is really reasonable since things like being warped into the four side rooms will happen when picking up drops. I suggest for the random teleports to be discontinued after the MVP is killed so such occurrences won't happen."

Support: "We will forward your concerns to our QA and production team so that they can look further into this.

Any changes that may be implemented to this particular instance will be announced in the official website or in the forums. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you."

Edited by KamiKali, 03 February 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

I've sent in an inquiry about this, they do not and will never restore loots that you've never picked up. But you can always ask them again to try to disable teleportation upon Nid being killed. It's a pretty easy implementation to make it similar to ET where there are x monsters being killed and upon killing it, the portal is opened, and in this case, teleportation is disabled.

Anyway, My ticket:

Support: "Thank you for your response. Upon further investigation it seems that the room is intended to randomly transport the entire party to one of the four side rooms in set intervals. Unfortunately what we can only suggest is to add more party members to expedite the completion of the instance."

Support: "Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the instance is intended to work that way. Rest assured though that we will be forwarding your response for further review and consideration."

Me:"Hm.. I see. I don't think this is really reasonable since things like being warped into the four side rooms will happen when picking up drops. I suggest for the random teleports to be discontinued after the MVP is killed so such occurrences won't happen."

Support: "We will forward your concerns to our QA and production team so that they can look further into this.

Any changes that may be implemented to this particular instance will be announced in the official website or in the forums. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you."

It's like talking to a wall.

#6 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Anyway, My ticket:

=/ Damn... Feels like you're talking to a robot w/ auto response. =( Well I guess I know what I will get from them on support now.. Sigh. 

#7 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

while youre at it, ask them to fix the quest and boost its rewards substantially lol

#8 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

You never know! Don't close the ticket that you sent! Maybe they would look into this(hopefully).

I hope the gms would look into this and give this a fix. The teleportation should be fine but it should be disabled after the MVP is killed.

#9 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Well then I think recording killing it may be a good idea. Clearly the staff person who responded to that ticked has no idea what he was talking about.

#10 RLYang

RLYang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty much pointless that players inside the instance will still be warped to a random corner after the monster has been defeated.

It seems that this same case happened to other players too. I hope the GM's or the production team would really look into this matter.

#11 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yeah my tickets have been the same type of response...

Support: WAA WAA WAAAA WAAAAA WA WAAAA WAAAA.

Me: I understand but why can't my Striped Hat be replaced?

Support: WAA WAAA WAAA WAAA WAA WAAAAA WAAAA, WAAA WAAAAA WAAAAA WAA WAAA WAA WAA.

Me: So since it was dropped and I have no recollection of this, I lose it forever?

Support: WAA WAAA WAAAA WAAAA WAA WAA WAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA.

Me: Ok thank you for the clarification.

#12 vRLc

vRLc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

It warps you every 3 minutes so you have to check your time while fighting to mvp. Killing nidhagour is already too easy so it wont be a problem to run for a while if the time close to 3 minutes. And just take the loots when you kill mvp dont watch them =)

#13 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

It warps you every 3 minutes so you have to check your time while fighting to mvp. Killing nidhagour is already too easy so it wont be a problem to run for a while if the time close to 3 minutes. And just take the loots when you kill mvp dont watch them =)

I know that and that's what we're doing but can you really time that manner? I mean of course, while fighting, you're focus on killing it as well as surviving (potting) and you are aware that you wanted to kill it quickly too (we are aware of the random warps/teleport at the corners too).

Bottom line is, if they can remove the random warp after Nid is killed, that would be awesome as there's no point really being warped to the corner if the MVP is killed.

Kinda like ET. If you are inside the ET immediately, it wouldn't ask you to go back inside at a given time.

Edited by Weazy15, 03 February 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#14 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

The prerequisite quests are annoying yet there is still a bug in the main quest.

Please extend the timer needed to get into the Nidhoggur's Nest too, please. 5 minutes is too short especially when we're saving our spawn point outside the New World. The nest is too far away from spawn point and we had to walk that "invisible" bridges which have chance to fall and we can't use teleportation at the last map. (which makes the walking a little bit time-consuming)

I used to do this quest with my partner long time ago but at the end, failed to get into the Nest in that short amount of time. :(

#15 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

While you're at it tell them that the main quest doesn't work either and needs fixing + have its rewards significantly raised. It's amazing how stuff like this just goes on being broken for years and nothing ever gets done about it. It's not like they have that many things to work on with this game since they arnt designing new content in america

#16 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

It has been reported and the reply gotten was it's working as intended (yeah, right).

http://irowiki.org/w...an_of_Yggdrasil Step #9

#17 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Basically,

1.) Remove the random corner teleportation every 3 minutes when Nidhoggur Shadow is defeated.

2.) If a player got disconnected or died during the instance, please extend the time to get back on Nidhoggur Nest as it is a long path and the time is too short or allow a player to go back until the timer is up to finish the instance.

3) Fix the quest # 9 and # 10 to have the quest rewards after the instance as it's been a long time. (working as intended? I guess they need 10 more years to fix it)

#18 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

150,000 Base EXP, 3,500 Job EXP for completing one of the hardest dungeons in the entire game and defeating a 3.4m hp MVP seems completely off to me. At the level needed to complete this dungeon, that's not even .01% exp. The reward should be something more like 3m base.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

150,000 Base EXP, 3,500 Job EXP for completing one of the hardest dungeons in the entire game and defeating a 3.4m hp MVP seems completely off to me. At the level needed to complete this dungeon, that's not even .01% exp. The reward should be something more like 3m base.

wait it's hard?

the reward for killing nid is its nid garb. O_o who cares about that exp crap l0l

#20 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

wait it's hard?

the reward for killing nid is its nid garb. O_o who cares about that exp crap l0l

Well she definitely makes a point... As a player who likes to hunt Nid, I just go for its loots... Lol... But of course the coins are not bad as extra rewards.  

Edited by Weazy15, 03 February 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#21 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I would say its hard for people who have never done it or not properly geared or don't know how to do it. But the actual problem are these:

Basically,

1.) Remove the random corner teleportation every 3 minutes when Nidhoggur Shadow is defeated.

2.) If a player got disconnected or died during the instance, please extend the time to get back on Nidhoggur Nest as it is a long path and the time is too short or allow a player to go back until the timer is up to finish the instance.

3) Fix the quest # 9 and # 10 to have the quest rewards after the instance as it's been a long time. (working as intended? I guess they need 10 more years to fix it)

The number 1 problem will make everything you worked for become useless. It might not imply to other players that knows how to do it quick and properly but it would suck for new players or less experienced players who are doing it.
The number 2 problem is one of the reason why they should either put a kafra/save point there or extend the time. Because when you get disconnected, you will basically wait 3 days before you'll be able to go back.

#22 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

The guardian part is hard as hell and Nidhoggur heals himself to full if you get unlucky or don't output enough DPS fast enough. Yes its a very difficult dungeon to complete.

#23 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Err. Am I the only one who realises that the grunts working in Customer Support have literally no say about anything?

They can't give you definitives because they need to send the ticket up the chain.

They can't promise you anything because they're trained not to say anything that isn't set in stone. That's what the CMs are for.

They can't deviate from the script (usually) because they're representing WP and need to conduct themselves as WP wants to be seen.

Pestering them and responding to the ticket isn't going to get you anywhere because they can't give you anything new.

Besides, this whole issue is a kRO fix, or at least a kRO consultation, and we all know how they turn out. WP only has the autonomy to fix this kinda thing themselves on Classic.

#endrant

Good idea OP!  :p_laugh:

#24 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Nidhoggur itself gives 4.3M base exp and 3.5M job exp. Sucks if you are playing support for the main killer though, unless it's on even share.

#25 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

What do I do with the nyd "killcount" quest that it seems to give now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users