[CLASSIC] Any use for Ninja/Gunslinger/Super Novice - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[CLASSIC] Any use for Ninja/Gunslinger/Super Novice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

Can any of those three classes excel at either mvping or woeing?\

Or are they just for fun pvm classes?

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Not good for MVP or woe. Ninja blaze shield is decent for placing under cp in woe, but you mind as well alt it. Gunslinger can do decent damage in pvp/woe but your better off an anything else. I've played a meteor storm super novice in woe, but it was just for lols (hw is better).

All of them are not good at MVP. You can MVP on anything, but there are things that just make a lot more sense.

If your new then super novice isn't s bad class. You can 1 shot goats

#3 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Ninja and Gunslinger lacks of powerfull Attack selfbuffs and effective Burst damage skills(that can destroy medium HP chars within ~1-1.5 seconds or even OHKO them) to threat potting enemies. And they`re lack of cheap effective DPS skills for MvPing.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

one of the reasons i couldnt bring myself to remake a ninja on classic is remembering how half their skills never worked like they were supposed to...

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ninjas seem to work as I remember in Classic. I can tell you from experience that a well played Ninja (not Kage/Obo) is extremely dangerous in PvP conditions.

Howeeeeeever, you need to be geared and carded well. Ninjas still don't have the ability to be reborn, and so their stats will always be inferior to a regular class at Lv99. The modifiers for Ninja skills are also fairly low due to the nature of the class. They're not Knights  :heh:

Gunslingers aren't particularly good unless they use shotguns and launchers. Unfortunately, Archer classes just do their 'ranged combat' job better.

Super Novices are AMAZING in the right conditions. You can use most of the utility skills which means great versatility, and their Fury state is hilariously dangerous. A well played SN can self-buff and protect themselves like no other class, and can dish out some crazy damage if well geared. It's quite incredible to watch.

I'd also like to point out that, on Classic, PvP instagibbing is very rare. The only time it usually happens is when the opposition isn't wearing reductions or if a powerful skill is reflected.

Edited by akaisasori, 08 February 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

the entire skill of throw huuma was reworked, css didnt block half of the attacks in pvp... and i dont think mirror image was originally a KS damage multiplier... they were really glorified mages with a serious lack of actual killing skills....

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I should test that on Classic Sakray...

For now, I think CSS works as intended. It still fails to the magical portions of dual-damage type skills, but it seems to block everything else non-magical.

As for KS, I actually don't think Mirror buffs it on Classic :/

#8 darthzulder

darthzulder

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

And, what is about Kagero and Oboro? vs regular class 2-job and 3-job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users