9 replies to this topic

#1 Maithrie

Maithrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

Well I got 150 finally on da sura.
So now that leveling is done, I would like your opinion on what stats and skills I should get.
I need something useful for et. Tanking is good but maybe something to help out gene against mobs/Pvm and mvp.
Stats
100 str, vit, dex, int,1 agi, 18 luk

What are some useful gear to back up your build? I don't woe or pvp lol. Just et, mvp and mobbing.
Thanks

#2 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

If u ET a lot i would suggest just go for full tanker build

#3 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Please do ask acolyte class related class to right category.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Moved. You would also benefit from naming your threads in a way that is related to the topic at hand, so that people with input on it will recognize the thread as something they should look at. 

#5 Maithrie

Maithrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Yeah sorry about that :(
I made a similar post on the aco forums but didn't get much of a response. So I made a new one in the community chat so I could get a quick answer.
Anyway real sorry about that! :)

#6 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

If you wish to go tanking then you have two possibilities: have a hybrid build or go full tank. The first one is recommended since you could use your Sura for other things rather than just tanking and pulling. The latter would be more like a novelty because it's hardly viable to level. Now, best equipment for tanking for both builds:

• +9 Peerless Abysmal Knight Helm / Garuda Hat (Marduk Card)
  • Mini Glasses of Vitality (Ungoliant Card) / Adurate Mini Glasses (Deviruchi Card) / Insomniac Mini Glasses (Nightmare Card)
  • Four Leaf Clover in Mouth / Handkerchief in Mouth
  • Quadruple Lucky Rod (Lunatic Card) / Long Mace (+400 HP / +200 SP) / Quadruple Vital Rod (Fabre Card)
  • Elemental Armors
  • +9 Immune Niddhogur's Shadow Garb (Raydric Card)
  • +9 Superior Enhanced Variant Boots (Firelock Soldier Card)
  • Carefree Waterdrop Brooch (Kafra Blossom Card) x2 / Glorious Ring x2

Now going into the full tank build:

Skills you should have maxxed:

Acolyte:

• Heal
  • Cure
  • Angelus (up to Lv5/7)
  • Blessing
  • Increase AGI
  • Pneuma

Champion:

• Zen
  • Mental Strength
  • Snap

Sura:

• Power Absorb
  • Gentle Touch - Energy Gain
  • Gentle Touch - Revitalize
  • Gentle Touch - Cure
  • Windmill
  • Earth Shaker (up to Lv2 as a prereq.)
  • Rising Dragon

Stat Importance:

VIT > INT > DEX > LUK > STR > AGI

Having 95 base VIT, adding the +5 VIT bonus from Job50 you will have STUN immunity. Spending more in VIT is not recomendable as it will add very little HP. Having INT will reduce magical damage, increase your SP recovery and increase your mATK (useful for Heal). 80~100 INT will be enough. Remember that INT will grant you SLEEP/BLIND/CHAOS resistance. DEX for reduced variable casting. It will be mostly useful for casting Zen and other skills. Mental Strength & Summon Spirit Sphere have fixed cast times and are naturally uniterruptable so DEX will have no effect on them. If you're going to just pull and tank put 70 DEX. If you're going to add some AoE skills like Rampage Blaster then go for 100 DEX minimum.

LUK, grants a lot of things. If you have spare points set this to 70 LUK max. It will be worth it as it reduces chance to be inflicted with status effects. Grants Perfect Dodge, HIT, ATK and mATK. AGI is nice for a little Flee but its useful for Snap and grants Soft DEF. Having 50~70 AGI is enough. I have tested Snap myself with 1 AGI and it makes no difference with a 100 AGI character but its your choice. STR for increasing Weight Capacity for carrying pots and equipment. I recommend to use a Heavy Lifter Box to increase further your limit. Very important if you're using some AoE skills. 50~100 STR recommended.

Having some reflect gears might be useful to keep the aggro on you from the mob you're pulling. If some monsters are attacking your party you could snap close to them and use Sky Blow to push them back and target you.

If you're going hybrid then:

Stat Importance:

STR/VIT/INT/DEX > AGI > LUK

Acolyte:

• Heal
  • Cure
  • Angelus (up to Lv5)
  • Blessing
  • Increase AGI
  • Pneuma

Champion:

• Zen
  • Mental Strength
  • Snap
  • Guillotine Fist

Sura:

• Power Absorb
  • Windmill
  • Rising Dragon
  • ... and a choice of Sky Blow, Rampage Blaster, Tiger Cannon or Gates of Hell.

It will not be that different from the full tank build, you will still be effective for tanking/pulling and still be able to kill a lot. This is the most recommended build for a Sura. After this is the full GF/GoH build and lastly the full trank build. If this is your first/only Sura I suggest you to go the hybrid route.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

For headgear and cards you can consider elemental resist cards. Note that you'd have to be pretty familiar with what skills each MVP uses and what element to add resistance to. If you are like 90% or more of the Suras out there who have Rising Dragon 7~10 / Power Absorb, you have infinite SP recovery already. In PVM / MVP situations where your current weight limit does not matter (like WoE how your weight ratio determines masq etc.), pretty much all Suras are permanently overweight at ~80% when entering Endless Tower. This is because you can just recover all of your SP easily. Thus, Ungoliant Card is useless for a Sura as you are usually overweight anyway and not going to rely on regeneration for anything. Nightmare Card is pretty much only used for Beelzebub for ET. If you are the sole Sura and are going to be tanking Bee in Mental Strength, Nightmare Card is useless for you. Every hit cancels the sleep status and you will never be affected by it. However if there are two Suras, and the other Sura is the main tanker, you can have a Nightmare Card on and be helping support or do other things. Lastly, I also recommend using 3D glasses as mid as that provides 5% neutral resist. And I'll also point out headgear and cards are relatively unneeded for a Sura when you can pretty much survive any MVP that doesn't dispell with just Mental Strength, immune / deviling garment, and an Alice Card.

If you are going to re-cast Mental Strength and might need to use Zen to summon spheres, have a phen accessory hotkeyed just in case because Zen is interruptible.

As mentioned above, there is no need for "pure tank" Sura builds. All a Sura needs to tank properly is Mental Strength maxed, 95 VIT, and the proper basic gears (no mvp cards / god items needed). There is also nothing that needs 120 VIT to tank properly that 95 VIT would not be able to do already. Thus, every Sura should opt for a hybrid build with at least one or two good reliable AOE skills. In the case of ET you can help AOE during the regular monster floors or kill the passive stragglers etc. AB can clearance or Sorc can dispel you (if there is a Sorc) so you can move up levels faster with Snap / walking instead of moving slowly each floor with MS on.

Another correction: INT is not sleep and chaos immunity. INT is silence immunity for sure. I don't think it affects sleep at all just from my testing with 100+ total int and no nightmare card on; my character would sleep for the same duration as a character with no INT and no nightmare care from what i can tell. Silence immunity definitely works. It is definitely not chaos immunity as all of my 100+ int high base level (140+) characters have been inflicted with chaos before. I am unsure if INT increases resistance to it but it is definitely not immunity. I can't confirm whether it is 100% immunity to blind either.

Also, Zen appears to be mostly fixed cast time from what I can tell. But DEX does help any other frequently used skills that do have variable cast time.

AGI definitely should make snap much faster and other player will vouch for this too, especially from WoE experience. It won't help you for mental strength tanking though so getting AGI or not is up to you.

#8 Maithrie

Maithrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

As a hybrid I want to be able to use TC,RB, Gfist all effectively.

So I was thinking this build.

str 90

int 90

agi 60 (TC fast combo)

vit 95

dex 100 (unsure)

Luk 20

or if I didn't get agi

str 100

int 100

agi 1

vit 95

dex 96 

luk 41

Immune HBP+9 or Immune nid +9?

what you guys think?

Edited by Maithrie, 17 February 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#9 Pandaction

Pandaction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

If you wish to go tanking then you have two possibilities: have a hybrid build or go full tank. The first one is recommended since you could use your Sura for other things rather than just tanking and pulling. The latter would be more like a novelty because it's hardly viable to level. Now, best equipment for tanking for both builds:

• +9 Peerless Abysmal Knight Helm / Garuda Hat (Marduk Card)
  • Mini Glasses of Vitality (Ungoliant Card) / Adurate Mini Glasses (Deviruchi Card) / Insomniac Mini Glasses (Nightmare Card)
  • Four Leaf Clover in Mouth / Handkerchief in Mouth
  • Quadruple Lucky Rod (Lunatic Card) / Long Mace (+400 HP / +200 SP) / Quadruple Vital Rod (Fabre Card)
  • Elemental Armors
  • +9 Immune Niddhogur's Shadow Garb (Raydric Card)
  • +9 Superior Enhanced Variant Boots (Firelock Soldier Card)
  • Carefree Waterdrop Brooch (Kafra Blossom Card) x2 / Glorious Ring x2

Now going into the full tank build:

Acolyte:

• Heal
  • Cure
  • Angelus (up to Lv5/7)
  • Blessing
  • Increase AGI
  • Pneuma

Champion:

• Zen
  • Mental Strength
  • Snap

Sura:

• Power Absorb
  • Gentle Touch - Revitalize
  • Gentle Touch - Cure
  • Windmill
  • Rising Dragon

Stat Importance:

VIT > INT > DEX > LUK > STR > AGI

Having 95 base VIT, adding the +5 VIT bonus from Job50 you will have STUN immunity. Spending more in VIT is not recomendable as it will add very little HP. Having INT will reduce magical damage, increase your SP recovery and increase your mATK (useful for Heal). 80~100 INT will be enough. Remember that INT will grant you SLEEP/BLIND/CHAOS resistance. DEX for reduced variable casting. It will be mostly useful for casting Zen and other skills. Mental Strength & Summon Spirit Sphere have fixed cast times and are naturally uniterruptable so DEX will have no effect on them. If you're going to just pull and tank put 70 DEX. If you're going to add some AoE skills like Rampage Blaster then go for 100 DEX minimum.

LUK, grants a lot of things. If you have spare points set this to 70 LUK max. It will be worth it as it reduces chance to be inflicted with status effects. Grants Perfect Dodge, HIT, ATK and mATK. AGI is nice for a little Flee but its useful for Snap and grants Soft DEF. Having 50~70 AGI is enough. I have tested Snap myself with 1 AGI and it makes no difference with a 100 AGI character but its your choice. STR for increasing Weight Capacity for carrying pots and equipment. I recommend to use a Heavy Lifter Box to increase further your limit. Very important if you're using some AoE skills. 50~100 STR recommended.

Having some reflect gears might be useful to keep the aggro on you from the mob you're pulling. If some monsters are attacking your party you could snap close to them and use Sky Blow to push them back and target you.

If you're going hybrid then:

Stat Importance:

STR/VIT/INT/DEX > AGI > LUK

Acolyte:

• Heal
  • Cure
  • Angelus (up to Lv5)
  • Blessing
  • Increase AGI
  • Pneuma

Champion:

• Zen
  • Mental Strength
  • Snap
  • Guillotine Fist

Sura:

• Power Absorb
  • Windmill
  • Rising Dragon
  • ... and a choice of Sky Blow, Rampage Blaster, Tiger Cannon or Gates of Hell.

It will not be that different from the full tank build, you will still be effective for tanking/pulling and still be able to kill a lot. This is the most recommended build for a Sura. After this is the full GF/GoH build and lastly the full trank build. If this is your first/only Sura I suggest you to go the hybrid route.

Thanks a lot.

It really helped me with my full tank Sura!  :p_idea:

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

lol Pandaction......ressurecting a long past post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users