• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

Just a few thoughts on how to improve the cott event so that it is not considered a debacle by the rose community.

have the event run in four stages.

COTT Training

-teams consist of 5 players in the same team/clan and must include a minimum of 3 different base classes
-an npc that lets you select your team of 5 (sign ups if you will)
-another npc that lets you sign up to participate in a match.
-once the opposing team is seleceted your team is teleported to the battleground
-all skills are usuable
-no comsumables are usable for this part
-no respawning is available (take away the current field so that u have the option to click save town or wait to be ressurected only)
-or have it first to 20 kills
-no fairies, fairies will be stripped upon being entering the pvp map.
-winner determined by the last team with a man standing or first team to 20 kills

COTT Try outs

-same rules and set up as the training only this time the results of each match are recorded.
-the results are used to determine which teams make it to the actual event.
-teams are chosen by a win/loss ratio (so the top 50 teams from each server make it to the cott finals)**
-winner determined by the last team with a man standing or first to 20 kills
-must participate in a minimum of 30 matches

COTT Finals/event

-same rules as have already been set with the exception of the class mix ie (some consumables will be usable for the finals, respawning and ressing allowed and its based on number of kills to each team to determine the winner of each map)
-have consumables handed out by the gms on the day that are non tradeable non droppable and removed after each match to prevent stockpiling and do not allow other consumables.

COTT Grand Final

-1st place team of Leonis vs 1st place team of Draconis

Prizes

*these are just suggestions so feel free to suggest changes*

for the top three winners of each server
3rd place - one item to each team member similar to a plutorune but this item increases the chance to succeed a refine attempt by 100%. Items up to grade (14).
2nd place - runner up titan gear set. a set of union gear chosen by each team member ie prec/glor/chiv/lum. the armour set will be the new 220 armor to be implemented later but called the titan set and usable at level 215 and unrefinable. (at least until the new gear becomes available to the rest of the server.
1st place - Titan champion set. same as second place but refinable via the union bindrunes.

winner of the server vs server battle will recieve an upgrade to one piece of gear (this one should be able to be refinable up to 16 have the stats scale the way they do from 14-15 but add them to the 15 if that makes sense. (being that it will only be 5 players from one server will be able to recieve this i dont think it should be too much of a problem unless you have another idea for this prize)
on top of that, a statue will be commissioned in junon square portraying the winning team, include an npc that stands in front of the statue that when you talk to he/she will give you a little blurb about the statue and the names of the people in the statue.

the statue will remain in junon square until a new team wins the following year at the cott event next year. this will serve as a sort of trophy between the two servers similar to that of the state of origin trophy for those familiar with Australian football

comments/questions

-why have the training part?
so that the devs have a time in which they can work out any possible bugs with the event, and to give people a chance to work out their teams, their strategies etc etc

-but people will rig the system using their alts to get straight wins wont they?
that is true, one thing we could do though is randomize the teams opponents. the system randomly chooses how many teams have to sign up before their seleceted match, so team a must wait for 4 teams to sign up before they can fight. but they wont know that

-why have it as only 3 base classes instead of one of each and then one double?
because if we do it that way majority of teams will be different meaning the matches will not all be the same and cannot be dominated by one group of 5 with the highest gear or the best setup, this will create more need for strategy and less results based on pure luck in the matches

-why not have consumables usable in the training and the tryouts?
by disabling the use of consumables on the maps for these two parts removes the need to have a gm present to remove the items from players inventory freeing up the gms do do their other jobs during these phases.

-what about after the event?
leave the maps and the npc after the grand final but in the training mode that way people can practice for the next cott event, also it will give people another avenue to compete with other clans in a pvp setting.

-why have the tryouts?
the reason for the tryouts is to give each team an equal chance to make the finals as opposed to having a selection via applications on a website

-why have the unobtainable 220 gear as the prizes for the top two teams?
because this would be somewhat of a status symbol as opposed to giving them gems or other already obtainable items

** this number can be changed as needed by the gms.

Edited by DarkGero, 10 November 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#2 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

Sounds like a great event. :(
But it requires lots of organisation, what do the GM's think huh ?

#3 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

The only thing I am iffy on is the no respawning part in the lower rounds. Because if that is the case, the cleric will be the first person ganged every single time. Which really isn't an issue, but I just feel like it might take away from the tournament. It might be better to have a set number of kills to achieve, or have a time limit and whoever has the most kills at the end of the time wins instead of last man standing. But I guess you just wanted to keep the matches short for the lower rounds, which is also a good thing.

So in the finals, to be able to respawn, your team has to have a surplus of kills? So one kill means one dead person can respawn, another means another one can respawn. Not a bad idea, but I just feel like the team that gets the first kill or two ends up getting a huge advantage. But this could work well regardless. Reminds me of dodgeball. The more I think about it the more I like it.

Love the no consumables part. Might as well keep that rule all the way through the tournament instead of only in the lower rounds.

Sounds like a great event. :(
But it requires lots of organisation, what do the GM's think huh ?

Tournaments that aren't organized well will suck, so this kinda of organization is a necessity.

Edited by BrownBear, 03 November 2010 - 03:17 AM.

#4 Rawrr

Rawrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Or with the consumables, they could make it so that on the day, the GMs will supply a limited amount of a particular consumable per MATCH before the match commences. The untradable/vendable/droppable conusmable will also become the ONLY consumable allowed into the arena.
How the player chooses to use this consumable stack is up to them, however they will ONLY be supplied for XX amount per match. Any leftovers by the end of a match will be automatically removed (prevents players saving up their consumables for their next match.

#5 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

The only thing I am iffy on is the no respawning part in the lower rounds. Because if that is the case, the cleric will be the first person ganged every single time. Which really isn't an issue, but I just feel like it might take away from the tournament. It might be better to have a set number of kills to achieve,

thats something i hadnt thought of

the biggest problem i have with the the being able to respawn is it will cause players to stack by the respawn for their team so u can get heals from a protected cleric.

also champs/mages being able to aoe and damage people whilst still being protected would be a problem

as well as if they havent fixed the bug where the option to respawn doesnt come up

but its something that i do kinda agree with

#6 felipefonkert

felipefonkert

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

I'm a mage and I have rez, which means I could rez the cleric that rezzes everyone.
It's really all about setup, inovation and ideas.

I really like DarkGero's idea, I love pvping in rose but we have a huge lack of options to do the same. I mean besides PVP maps there are Union Wars, which don't really happen in Draconis at all, and thats it... GIVE US MORE ACTION PLZ

#7 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I like but it's hard to realize right now with all those future plans of Gravity

#8 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Or with the consumables, they could make it so that on the day, the GMs will supply a limited amount of a particular consumable per MATCH before the match commences. The untradable/vendable/droppable conusmable will also become the ONLY consumable allowed into the arena.
How the player chooses to use this consumable stack is up to them, however they will ONLY be supplied for XX amount per match. Any leftovers by the end of a match will be automatically removed (prevents players saving up their consumables for their next match.

i really like this idea. this will be very good for preventing people from using any types of exploits or saving up tons of foods and it would also prevent a possibility of a having a food that isn't on the prohibited list and should be.

#9 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Alot of cool ideas; but the way things are proceeding now, we'll be lucky to have COTT 2010 in 2012. o;

#10 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Yeah :( For now I am just waiting patiently on Orlo Part 2 :D

#11 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

thats something i hadnt thought of

the biggest problem i have with the the being able to respawn is it will cause players to stack by the respawn for their team so u can get heals from a protected cleric.

also champs/mages being able to aoe and damage people whilst still being protected would be a problem

as well as if they havent fixed the bug where the option to respawn doesnt come up

but its something that i do kinda agree with

Yeah I did realize spawn protection abuse would be an issue. They either have to figure out a way to prevent that or just go with your idea.

Rawr's idea on the consumables is great too.

Edited by BrownBear, 03 November 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

I don't really like the no respawning and last man standing aspect because like Brownbear said it gives the person who gets the first kill a larger advantage and can make rounds too quick in my opinion. I liked the original cott 2010 first team to 20 kills rule because it encourages you to get bck into the game when you die and doesn't necessarily disadvantage the first person to get killed.

I do like your no consumables idea, but actually Rawrrz's is even bette if they are only basic healing items like vital waters. That is no consumable healing items other than what is given to you, crafted buff pots should be allowed.

Edited by Phish, 03 November 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#13 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

i like most idea's i think the rewards are kinda iffy cuz honestly i dont want armor that i cant refine and then the stats etc would have to be implemented i think it'll be easier just to give us IM points like they always do? (for others rewards in event) and i like raw's idea it narrows down the variety that one has making it more fair and phish u said it yourself the prob with red pots so it'll remove all worrys about food wit raw's idea :(

#14 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

added your suggestion to the original post

I like but it's hard to realize right now with all those future plans of Gravity

well this post is just an idea to give the devs something to add to the cott event so that its not a whinefest when the time comes.

I don't really like the no respawning and last man standing aspect because like Brownbear said it gives the person who gets the first kill a larger advantage and can make rounds too quick in my opinion. I liked the original cott 2010 first team to 20 kills rule because it encourages you to get bck into the game when you die and doesn't necessarily disadvantage the first person to get killed.

I do like your no consumables idea, but actually Rawrrz's is even bette if they are only basic healing items like vital waters. That is no consumable healing items other than what is given to you, crafted buff pots should be allowed.

it gives the first team to kill a higher advantage, but im also of the mind that that should be so anyways if they manage to down someone in 5 seconds then they deserve to have the upper hand.

but more than that with only requiring 3 of the base classes you could potentially have 3 clerics on the one side throwing out heals, now thats damn near imppossible to down and then comes down to strategy of separating the team to down them. but as said taking suggestions and it seems to be the consensus so far that it should be a first to rather than last man standing.

i like most idea's i think the rewards are kinda iffy cuz honestly i dont want armor that i cant refine and then the stats etc would have to be implemented i think it'll be easier just to give us IM points like they always do? (for others rewards in event) and i like raw's idea it narrows down the variety that one has making it more fair and phish u said it yourself the prob with red pots so it'll remove all worrys about food wit raw's idea :(

the idea behind the armors in particular is it would become a status symbol. someone walks past you in yet unobtainable gear and you know that guy/girl is epic regardless of whether his gear is refined. also having it unrefinable until the gear is released to the public makes there a difference between coming first or second. but the flip side is when the gear does come out you wont have to worry about farming points for the set u want the most, you will already have it.

#15 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

Great ideas...let's do it! Anything to add some fun to the game is great. I like these ideas for COTT much better than originally planned and it would be fun practicing, etc. Hope this gets looked at seriously.

I add my 2 cents into the respawn part, I think you should be able to all the way though, since it will probably be mostly clerics that get killed fast. Even with a lot of def gear we are still squishy. But maybe you could take away spawn pro in that map or at least shorten it to just enough time to run out of that area. You can get buffed up as you run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users