Costume Fusing Broken? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Costume Fusing Broken?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Ok, over the past few days I've done a few fusions and noticed when I use a Rune Maintain Slate, the fusions all fail (aka +0 slots), however when I fuse a costume without Rune Maintain, I get added slots. Is anyone else having similar issues? Is this broken or...?

#2 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

I believe the Rune maintain slate only protects the RUNES slotted in them, not the rune holes. And it seems to be totally random.

#3 6780130505082106153

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

rune main is only rune. what u need if u want keep the one item is apperance main so it will add slots from 0 to 3 randomly.

have fun

#4 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Ahhh no. Ok let me be more detailed.

Adding slots to a costume that already has slots that are punched with runes and keeping the appearance you usually gather:

Costume Fusion Tablet

Appearance Maintain

Rune Maintain Slate

Costume to keep runes/appearance

Costume fodder

My issue I'm bringing up is, when you try to add slots to a costume, with say 1 runed slot, or 2 runed slots, not matter how many times you try with ^ all of the above items, it ends up +0 slots. No newly added slots. However you remove rune maintain slate from the equation and try, you end up with new slots. Hence why I think it's broken and I'm asking about it...

#5 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

it does sounds broken then since applying a [Rune Maintain Slate] on a rune'd costume should not result in a costume with less slots

Edited by FishDeity, 16 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#6 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Rune maintain and Apperance maintain was never intended to be used at the same time.  You're suppose to use one or the other.  If you use both you have a chance of either slate not working on even possibly both not working.  I have been arguing with WarpPortal for for the last 3 months about my 150 (as of this week) failed fusion on my costumes and accessory.  Just last month, after failing over 100 fusions, they finally got back to me and told me that I can't use both slates at the same time lol, what a F'in joke.  And when I asked for compensation all they game me was 5 each of the slates >.>  The whole fusion thing is really fishy.  Also, be careful because some items are bugged and confirmed by devs that it's impossible to get 3s, like Pacifier (which they didn't tell me until after 20+ tries I attempted to fuse a 3s... Every once in a while I complain how hard it is to make 3s items in the game overall.  Every time I get the same copy-and-past generic response form the same person...   But for some reason, they always have a new excuse on why I can't get it or they tell me "everything is working as intended".

Edited by 1308130513203919253, 16 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#7 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

^ wow 
another reason game so awful. even treating those that "bought KP" poorly

#8 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

Rune maintain and Apperance maintain was never intended to be used at the same time.  You're suppose to use one or the other.  If you use both you have a chance of either slate not working on even possibly both not working.  I have been arguing with WarpPortal for for the last 3 months about my 150 (as of this week) failed fusion on my costumes and accessory.  Just last month, after failing over 100 fusions, they finally got back to me and told me that I can't use both slates at the same time lol, what a F'in joke.  And when I asked for compensation all they game me was 5 each of the slates >.>  The whole fusion thing is really fishy.  Also, be careful because some items are bugged and confirmed by devs that it's impossible to get 3s, like Pacifier (which they didn't tell me until after 20+ tries I attempted to fuse a 3s... Every once in a while I complain how hard it is to make 3s items in the game overall.  Every time I get the same copy-and-past generic response form the same person...   But for some reason, they always have a new excuse on why I can't get it or they tell me "everything is working as intended".

Wowwww...... just wow.... I don't get how they expect us to add slots to an item we want to keep looking the same and NOT use both items to do it. That part makes zero sense, has zero logic. I'm really hoping to be reimbursed but I have a strong feeling I wont. The most I can do is provide screenshots, send in a ticket/message, and hope for the best. I just really want them to look into it because it really seems broken. In the past I've had no issues adding slots to items but this past week, I cant get any fusions to work at all, and to me, that screams broken. Not to mention other people are, and rumors suggesting that others are having the same problems recently.

Edited by Harkoa, 17 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#9 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

Rune maintain and Apperance maintain was never intended to be used at the same time. You're suppose to use one or the other. If you use both you have a chance of either slate not working on even possibly both not working. I have been arguing with WarpPortal for for the last 3 months about my 150 (as of this week) failed fusion on my costumes and accessory. Just last month, after failing over 100 fusions, they finally got back to me and told me that I can't use both slates at the same time lol, what a F'in joke. And when I asked for compensation all they game me was 5 each of the slates >.> The whole fusion thing is really fishy. Also, be careful because some items are bugged and confirmed by devs that it's impossible to get 3s, like Pacifier (which they didn't tell me until after 20+ tries I attempted to fuse a 3s... Every once in a while I complain how hard it is to make 3s items in the game overall. Every time I get the same copy-and-past generic response form the same person... But for some reason, they always have a new excuse on why I can't get it or they tell me "everything is working as intended".

i can 100% vouch for this as i hear him yelling on RC everytime it fails.. so when it comes to fusions he knows what hes talking about lol.

now i have also put in so many complaints about the fusion process and gotten the same copy and paste answers also. until i raged really bad about how much i spent.
thats when they explained to me that you are not supposed to use both rune and appearance maintain in the same fusion as it can cancel each other out o.o

my response was then how the heck are you supposed to get 3 slots on the costume you actually wanna wear.
answer was very simple

take a gamble . o.o

#10 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

i can 100% vouch for this as i hear him yelling on RC everytime it fails.. so when it comes to fusions he knows what hes talking about lol.

now i have also put in so many complaints about the fusion process and gotten the same copy and paste answers also. until i raged really bad about how much i spent.
thats when they explained to me that you are not supposed to use both rune and appearance maintain in the same fusion as it can cancel each other out o.o

my response was then how the heck are you supposed to get 3 slots on the costume you actually wanna wear.
answer was very simple

take a gamble . o.o

Blahhhh I don't like any of this at all.... they need to make an item that does both if they're not going to allow separate items like that to be used at the same time. It's misleading and I don't see another way around adding +slots to a costume you want to keep the appearance on... no where does it say you can't use both, and to find out only AFTERWARDS via submitting a ticket to complain about it is not the way it should be explained.

I was asked to make this thread to see if there were other community members having problems with it, so maybe the responses will spark something *can only hope and try*

Now if rune maintain automatically kept the slots and appearance, that would be nice.

#11 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

that's something they should have told you after the first complaint. wow '_' kinda underhanded.

#12 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

that's something they should have told you after the first complaint. wow '_' kinda underhanded.

of course but think about if ppl knew about these issues, then people wouldnt use fusion then they wouldnt make money, so of course they are going keep this on the downlow

but yea the rune/ appearance combo feature is bugged. but yet they still havent fixed it. cuz not many ppl know about it. so its their way of making some pretty easy money off of ppl that dont know the truth about the fusion..

also pretty much everytime you fuse , or refine or anything you will get the same copy and pasted answer

its working as intended.

#13 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Rune maintain and Apperance maintain was never intended to be used at the same time. You're suppose to use one or the other. If you use both you have a chance of either slate not working on even possibly both not working. I have been arguing with WarpPortal for for the last 3 months about my 150 (as of this week) failed fusion on my costumes and accessory. Just last month, after failing over 100 fusions, they finally got back to me and told me that I can't use both slates at the same time lol, what a F'in joke. And when I asked for compensation all they game me was 5 each of the slates >.> The whole fusion thing is really fishy. Also, be careful because some items are bugged and confirmed by devs that it's impossible to get 3s, like Pacifier (which they didn't tell me until after 20+ tries I attempted to fuse a 3s... Every once in a while I complain how hard it is to make 3s items in the game overall. Every time I get the same copy-and-past generic response form the same person... But for some reason, they always have a new excuse on why I can't get it or they tell me "everything is working as intended".

On Feb 5 or 6th, I fused a [Foxtail] 1s runed with a [Duck Beak], using both Rune Maintained on first slot and Appearance Maintained on second slot. My result came out [Foxtail] 2s with one runed.

So this bug might of came out this previous patch? I can vouch, like most others that played this game, that this is a bug and shouldn't be considered a feature or intention of the Devs.

#14 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

I hope getting a 3lot foxtail isn't like that one person's issue trying to get the 3slot pacifier, and it's literally not possible. That'd be awful. The things I was trying to slot I've seen 3 slots of constantly. Looks like in the end it's either not possible or broken, fun >.>

Edited by Harkoa, 17 February 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#15 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I was going to 3s my fox/wolf but reading this is making me apprehensive about it. If there exists a chance of both slates failing, then there's a chance of it becoming something else?

#16 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

I was going to 3s my fox/wolf but reading this is making me apprehensive about it. If there exists a chance of both slates failing, then there's a chance of it becoming something else?

that's what it sounds like x_x I haven't had it happen personally but I don't think I'll be fusing anything beyond 0slots to start with for a long long time. Or period, for that matter. This whole thing has me disappointed...

#17 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

On Feb 5 or 6th, I fused a [Foxtail] 1s runed with a [Duck Beak], using both Rune Maintained on first slot and Appearance Maintained on second slot. My result came out [Foxtail] 2s with one runed.

So this bug might of came out this previous patch? I can vouch, like most others that played this game, that this is a bug and shouldn't be considered a feature or intention of the Devs.

it can also be possible that your rune maintain tablet worked, but your appearance maintain tablet didnt work & you got lucky that it selected Foxtail as the appearance

#18 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Fusion is so broken in the best of worst ways. Recently, not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you do random fusing on some items in hopes that you might get a rare item or more slots of something, its possible to obtain a non-fusable item (the kafra ribbon isn't on the image, so therefore its a non-kafra item)

Examples:

I fused 2 head pieces, and got a no slot Farmer's Hat that can't be fused.

Same thing with the RO1 Dancer -- I fused it, got a 2 slot, but now its not fusable anymore, so if I had wanted to keep going and try to get a 3s, its not possible. I sent in a ticket, and the outcome was that they informed the producers and to be on the look out... -_-;

I would suggest though that if you've gone through multiple fusions on one item and the end result isn't what your wanting, send in a ticket. Even if you don't like the answer we all know they'll give ("Everything is working as intended and because the system is working as intended, we can not refund you."), we can at least keep supporting the fact there is an issue.

#19 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Fusion is so broken in the best of worst ways. Recently, not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you do random fusing on some items in hopes that you might get a rare item or more slots of something, its possible to obtain a non-fusable item (the kafra ribbon isn't on the image, so therefore its a non-kafra item)

Examples:

I fused 2 head pieces, and got a no slot Farmer's Hat that can't be fused.

Same thing with the RO1 Dancer -- I fused it, got a 2 slot, but now its not fusable anymore, so if I had wanted to keep going and try to get a 3s, its not possible. I sent in a ticket, and the outcome was that they informed the producers and to be on the look out... -_-;

I would suggest though that if you've gone through multiple fusions on one item and the end result isn't what your wanting, send in a ticket. Even if you don't like the answer we all know they'll give ("Everything is working as intended and because the system is working as intended, we can not refund you."), we can at least keep supporting the fact there is an issue.

I've reported the dancer costume thing too and I got the same reply, that they're aware of the issue and it's been forwarded to the devs =/

And yes I've tried FIVE fusions on the SAME costume all with rune maintain and and appearance maintain and not a single +slot... then I go and fuse something without rune maintain (only appearance maintain) and get new slots =/ urg

#20 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

What are you fusing btw? o.o

#21 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

What are you fusing btw? o.o

The 3 things I tried fusing repeatedly were Devil Costume and OCU Costume & Hat

#22 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

i remember when i was fusing my eye brow piercing took over 20+ fusions before i got 3 slots

but yet my halloween hat took 5 tries.

my devil and devil wings both took only 1 try
but omg
my lollipop stick its now over 25+ times and its still only 2 slots -.-

oh and for the record i will give some warning too cuz its happened before screenshot every fusion for proof

i fused my brow piercing 1 time i used my appearance maintain, rune maintain, etc anyway i lost my +10 str rune it disappeared as well as i lost 1 slot., so after i filed my complaint they restored my +10 str rune and my lost rune hole..

telling me about the bugs ,etc,etc

after that i was able to get my 3 slots on it o.o too me its rather weird this whole fusion thing

but please ppl always screenshot everything ,, fusion, refine ..that way u have proof

#23 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

20 tries and 25 tries, oh my  :p_sick:  yeah after 7+ or so tries I just stopped, was way too much of a KP sink for me to handle over two days for absolutely nothing...

It seemed easier in the past to +slots, maybe that's just me...

#24 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

I've been trying to fuse my 2s Lollipop stick for months, ya know, every now and then fuse it in high hopes for a 3s -- Well I've tried fusing it more often since theres been more lower faces.

To be honest, I don't care if it looks like a lollipop stick anymore.

I just did fusion on it today only using a rune maintain and it went from a Lollipop stick to Thief Hood to Rice Paste and now back to Thief Hood, forever a 2s.

My ownership of my lower face item has gone through over 20 attempted fusions since ownership.

Fusion on lower/mid accessories is ridiculous x_x

#25 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Ouchie... yeah I was under the impression, from personal experience, that costumes are easier to slot (till lately, lol), so I haven't expanded outside of those much.

But if not using the appearance maintain does randomize it, it seems like both things are working at the same time, with only a *chance* of one failing. I just don't get how you can get +0 added slots *so* many times, over and over and over again. I mean even if you have awful luck and that's horrible RNG for you, you shouldn't fail *that* often. In the past adding additional slots took 2 attempts at most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users