• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmyk

Jimmyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

I suggest that with so little time and understaffed/overworked GM/DEV team that you take into consideration starting a volunteer game master (VGM) Program.

The Responsibilities of Said Players would be as follows

1) Check All Maps for Botters/Hackers, Take video or directly contact GM to confirm

2) Assist in the testing of new patches/updates on the test server and report bugs and errors directly to GM

3) Help players with questions while in game and issues acting as a liaison for the GM team

4) Maintain an active presence in game as to instill confidence in the players as to the activity of GM staff

5) Players with accounts on Hammerine would be VGM char on Valdes and vice-versa so to alleviate any conflict of interest

6) Report bugs and issues found in game directly to the GM

The primary purpose of this suggestion is to create a better gameplay environment and assist in making the game an all around better game.

VGM chars would be given account bound gears to enable their passing through maps and not getting pwned by the mobs as they patrol for botters/hackers and show their presence in the community.

level 79 VGM Max stat armors, however they would not have any console commands as a GM does they simply would be a regular capped character with gear to avoid mob death.

This would not be for the purpose of powerleveling or aiding people on raids etc.. and as such would have an application process approved by the GM in charge of their specified team.

GM feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns as well as other players.

the char id in game would be similar to the gm i.e. [VGM]BOTSlayer

#2 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

Won't work, we have too many people willing to abuse such power; I see it even with basic rcon allowance in a clan I'm in- hell, some idiot even permabanned someone globally because he was feeling miffed, so whats to say that kind of thing won't happen here? There I can deal with it immediately and with force, but here... here nothing will happen over any abuse correction.

#3 Lenkova

Lenkova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

o.0' the current staff of Gm/Cm/Devs arent paid for do that job aready?

#4 Jimmyk

Jimmyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

They are paid to do the testing and such but this is to get players more involved and feel more a part of the development of the game. The abuse of power is always a problem that's why they won't have their VGM char on the same server as their main players, and ofc GM will always have the final say, this works in many other games.

#5 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

this is a good suggestion and I like the way you fleshed out some of the details that could help make it work. However.. it's been brought up previously. And we don't have them at present. Perhaps for the same reason the rose and ragnarok games have volunteer Community Mods but we here in Requiem do not.

I would like to see a vote system though, where if the entire ^__^in' FoC team or like 80% of team or more votes that a guy is speedhacking in FoC his ass is outta there. That would be nice.

#6 Lenkova

Lenkova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

They are paid to do the testing and such.

But still good suggestion, good luck on it.

#7 Jimmyk

Jimmyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Vosk I like your suggestion it would make it similar to votes in games like combat arms where the room manager can propose a vote on expulsion of a player for hacking. There are many times in FOC where everyone can see the illegitimacy of a player and that idea would help (unless of course people hated a specific player) then it could be an issue ^.~

#8 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

The Responsibilities of Said Players would be as follows

1) Check All Maps for Botters/Hackers, Take video or directly contact GM to confirm

I think it's good you want more players involved but problem with this is.. many of them can probably bot PD and instances or dungeons like WS & JS.

#9 TheJudge

TheJudge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

I played a game that did this. What they did to limit abuse was put vgms on server that their main characters were not on. IE if lvl 79 character and the other 7 on are hammerine you would be a Vgm for Valdes and vice versa.

#10 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

As an infamous player I am completely opposed to the idea of having volunteer GMs dish out percieved justice/vengence. I have played several games that have had VGMs and they come off as unprofessional. I can see why Doddler and Resplendent have a more prominent title managing the wiki's, but I really would not trust anyone from the Requiem Community with more power then what players typically recieve.

#11 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Why would I wana VGM on Valdes? So I can crash all the time too?

#12 Jimmyk

Jimmyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Database mergers always take time to avoid the corruption of data when entries overlap as is most likely the case here, it becomes a very tedious entry by entry edit, anyway back to the topic at hand. This will work well if you happen to find mature dedicated people to do it.

#13 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Good idea.

VGM shouldn't be able to kill mobs or players, in order to avoid abuse of power.

VGM should be able to go on battlefields as spectators, without being in a team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users