#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hello, everyone.

We want to gather feedback on each class to better balancing.

This thread will be about the Priest class. If you've played Priest and have some constructive feedback to give to help improve the class, use this thread as that platform.

To make things easier to read, please use the following form:

Character:

Feedback Type(Example: Skill/Stats/Suggestion)

Skill (If Applicable):

We appreciate all feedback given, and will use it when discussing changes to the studio.

Also, if you think another category in the form is required, let me know and I'll change it up!

#2 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Character: Doppio

Feedback Type: Stats

75iux.jpg

I can't help but notice there's a small discrepancy about Priest weapons. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Feedback Type: Skills

Feedback: Remember back when AoV made Haste autoattack and Cast Speed what Haste was? Suffragim still gives a bonus to Haste instead of Cast Speed

Edited by Sestuplo, 21 February 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#3 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Character Miyukichi (Priest), Kenichi (War-Main)

Feedback Type: Skill Balance

Skill: Oratio, Credo, Adoramus

Each skill does 1200+ D.o.T, making for 3~4k D.o.T with just a menace mace. warrior with Osiris set does 170 D.o.T. re-balance D.o.T's <200. 

D.o.T also bypass DEF, Change D.o.T to be affected by DEF and Reductions.

#4 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Each skill does 1200+ D.o.T, making for 3~4k D.o.T with just a menace mace. warrior with Osiris set does 170 D.o.T. re-balance D.o.T's <200. 

Uhh, really what we need is the DoTs from other classes get buffed, not nerf the Priest ones.. Restricting DoTs on pvp area is still ok (reductions from skill/def), but in leveling/PvE/Raids DoTs add average DPS on all party significantly...

#5 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Uhh, really what we need is the DoTs from other classes get buffed, not nerf the Priest ones.. Restricting DoTs on pvp area is still ok (reductions from skill/def), but in leveling/PvE/Raids DoTs add average DPS on all party significantly...

I wouldn't touch any DoTs for awhile, whit this already huge dmg/defense boost everyone got  :p_swt: . Making defense reduce dmg from DoTs...not sure...maybe  :hmm:

#6 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I thought there was a general consensus that other dots aren't working as intended, so why nerf a class that is [arguably] working fine..?

#7 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Your argument is invalid. A priest makes damage with DoTs, a warrior makes damage (and supposedly more damage) with direct attacks. It's just different styles of playing, it's not a matter of balance.

#8 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I wouldn't touch any DoTs for awhile, whit this already huge dmg/defense boost everyone got  :p_swt: . Making defense reduce dmg from DoTs...not sure...maybe  :hmm:

Honestly, I just want the current DoT stay... If there is anything broken, just let reductions like assumptio/endure/SF etc working but I'd say no to make defense work for DoT...

Side note: let's just ignore this one, tracking some his posts and found that on one feedback post is just selfish ones. This one does not differ.. (Not sure if your Priest just troll or something)

#9 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

Character: Rabastan

Feedback Type: Skill, suggestion really.

Skill (If Applicable): Ray of Genesis

Feedback: Chances just me really, although despite we can still move whilst using this skill, it feels awkward sliding/gliding along the ground as we do this as opposed to previously when we used to lift in the air and just sortof fly (not touching the ground) as we cast our seven hitter. Just revert back to the older animation with this.

I would go into the stat with weapon, however since Doppio already mentioned it I won't go on it again. Although can say kinda weird using a T1 (lvl50) gear and it having say more INT than Desert Scorpion ML1 (I can get screenshots if needed for this). Sure more MATK, still kinda weird.

And don't touch out DOTs, its really one of the few things that let's us do damage, pvp or pve wise... the other classes just need their DOTs rebalanced and fixed.

Edited by DarkKurayami, 24 February 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#10 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Character: Inferes

Feedback Typeskill

Skill (If Applicable): Sanctuary

Feedback: When Sanctuary is cancelled, it still goes on cooldown. I like how it's cancellable, but please don't make it go on cooldown when it's cancelled. I've had multiple times when I accidentally moved or pressed another button when using Sanctuary and it cancelled so the healing doesn't actually happen, but I can't use it again for another 2 minutes, making me die or almost die. A skill should not go on cooldown when it doesn't even get used.

In response to posts above me:

I like the old animation for Ray of Genesis as well. Flying up is awesome.

And don't you dare touch our DoTs! I'm a hybrid priest and it's my only way to deal damage, by watching my enemies slowly die instead of directly smacking or one-hitting them. I'd have nothing for attacks if you nerf our DoTs. Just work on balancing the other classes instead.

#11 Wolfenmoon

Wolfenmoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

^ this.

#12 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

Honestly, I just want the current DoT stay... If there is anything broken, just let reductions like assumptio/endure/SF etc working but I'd say no to make defense work for DoT...

Side note: let's just ignore this one, tracking some his posts and found that on one feedback post is just selfish ones. This one does not differ.. (Not sure if your Priest just troll or something)

Forgot to mention i meant with Skills not with the Normal % Defense rate, But yea DoTs are what they are and would like them to stay as they are now

#13 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Character: Choco

Feedback TypeSkill

Skill (If Applicable): Angelus

Feedback: From what I recall, this skill maxed increases DEF by 9%... multiplicatively? So a Tank with 50% DEF gains 4.5% DEF and a DPS with 20% DEF gains 1.8% DEF...

Considering the 10s duration, high 120s CD and how it buffs the entire party, its worth seems to be in protecting the party during large boss attacks. But the measly DEF increase is almost negligible for those that really need it. Halve cooldown to 60s, change the buff to a flat +3/6/9% increase (eg. 20% + 9% = 29%) and suppress all critical damage that is received in the duration (so if a boss does critical damage to you while it's active, it will do normal damage instead).

-------

What's up with Meditatio nowadays anyway? Noticed that Crit heals are pretty high, not sure what's with that.

[EDIT: Halved Angelus' CD]

Edited by Chocs, 28 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#14 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

What's up with Meditatio nowadays anyway? Noticed that Crit heals are pretty high, not sure what's with that.

I think it's due to hit rate not actually having a percentage anymore, so it just takes whatever and multiplies it.

#15 xAngeloKram

xAngeloKram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Character: xAngeloKramx

Feedback TypeStats Suggestion

Feedback: Hit Rate should be put on str/int not on agi. It will depends on the job when it comes to magic type class like                                priest, wiz, sorc Hit Rate should be on int and to strength type like war, knight, sin etc. put them on str. So that                          not all will abuse agi that much...

Feedback Type: Weapon Stats

Feedback: If you compare osiris priest weapon to others you can see that there's no hit, vigor or haste, and so there is no use                    of putting red seeds on them...

Edited by xAngeloKram, 03 March 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#16 Candymeow

Candymeow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

Character: Xywynn

Feedback Type / Feedback:

Healing Skills.

-Not because i am jelly with SM's cure but it feels like priests are no longer

superior to support for healing on this game. I just merely rely on my heal crits ATM.

(I have seen sm's cure that stacks and they heal like 5k++ for every 2sec for 30 sec)

But Renovatio sucks. It will never ever be as high as that xD

Dot Skills.

-If you think about nerfing our dots, then what would be the purpose of

priest classes now? We don't heal as high as SM's and the only thing that is

enjoyable now on our class is we could DPS more as much as we want to.

If you nerf our dots, then give us me a  Change Class Scroll cuz i won't want

to become a priest anymore if you do that. Do you expect every priest

to max Holy Light and RoG if these dots got nerfed?

ivfpzd.png

Ray of Genesis.

-Please please give us back the old animation, the floating in air RoG.

Current RoG animation sucks.

Skill (If Applicable): Magnificat

-It just crossed on my mind, because many ppl are complaining about MP consumption.

Why not give priests a buff to boost MP regeneration for the whole party/raid?

Stats:

I am not really sure about this but;

Before i'm more of like pure INT but now without agi....sucks.

And yes I have tested the difference of pure agi to pure int.

I have noticed that even with pure int i nothing changed

(or if something change in dmg thats like not a huge %)

So..we don't really on our INT stats for dmg now? That does mean

we rely on the equip we use? And now INT is just merely for parry

and what else? :o

Okay i've said enough. D:

*GASP*

#17 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Character: Xywynn

Feedback Type / Feedback:

Healing Skills.

-Not because i am jelly with SM's cure but it feels like priests are no longer

superior to support for healing on this game. I just merely rely on my heal crits ATM.

(I have seen sm's cure that stacks and they heal like 5k++ for every 2sec for 30 sec)

But Renovatio sucks. It will never ever be as high as that xD

Dot Skills.

-If you think about nerfing our dots, then what would be the purpose of

priest classes now? We don't heal as high as SM's and the only thing that is

enjoyable now on our class is we could DPS more as much as we want to.

If you nerf our dots, then give us me a  Change Class Scroll cuz i won't want

to become a priest anymore if you do that. Do you expect every priest

to max Holy Light and RoG if these dots got nerfed?

ivfpzd.png

Ray of Genesis.

-Please please give us back the old animation, the floating in air RoG.

Current RoG animation sucks.

Skill (If Applicable): Magnificat

-It just crossed on my mind, because many ppl are complaining about MP consumption.

Why not give priests a buff to boost MP regeneration for the whole party/raid?

Stats:

I am not really sure about this but;

Before i'm more of like pure INT but now without agi....sucks.

And yes I have tested the difference of pure agi to pure int.

I have noticed that even with pure int i nothing changed

(or if something change in dmg thats like not a huge %)

So..we don't really on our INT stats for dmg now? That does mean

we rely on the equip we use? And now INT is just merely for parry

and what else? :o

Okay i've said enough. D:

*GASP*

Character: DuBisk

Skills: Angelus, recovery, aqua benedicta

I was about to make the MP regeneration skill suggestion too D: It would be nice, maybe they could just extend aqua benedicta to the whole raid. And I agree with chocs too: angelus is kind of useless as it is now, something should be done about it. Another skill worth of attention is Recovery. It just recovers the slow debuff and snare trap debuff, apparently. Its cooldown is kinda long, considering it should be used in emergency situations, and its cast time is long too. At level 1 it recovers just one player and 5 at level 5. I think that only an idiot would actually spend 5 points on this skill, so something should be done about it to make it more "appealing".

Edit: One more thing. Has any of you noticed that "parry" is actually non-existent? My parry rate is almost 33%, and I rarely see attacks getting parried. I think this should be fixed, since our defense is really low and parry is the only defensive stat we can rely on.

Edited by DuBisk, 27 February 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#18 ChocoVivi

ChocoVivi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Character: CandyVivi

Feedback Type: Skill

Skill (If Applicable): Oratio, Credo

Feedback: These 2 DoTs are too OP. Gotta reduce their % closer to the adoramus DoT; should be lower since oratio and credo are instant cast while adoramus has 1sec cast time.

For those priests who don't think yourself as OP, duel every class in your guild, friend list, wtvr, and see what your chance of winning is >_> and you'll see how messed up this -_- is. I'm a priest myself but i don't think this is fair to other classes.

#19 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

Character: Urfid

Feedback TypeEquipment suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): None

Feedback: There's a thing that have always annoyed me since I played a Priest in RO2 (In general, on most of classes, but in Priests is worse). Could we also equip a shield or an offhand like a bible/rosary?.
Before everyone bashes me because of my statement, in Ragnarok 1, every class that didn't have a 2-handed weapon could equip some kind of shield for extra defense. I'm not saying that Priests should have a LOT of def (That's a tank role), but why not lower our other gear piece's defense value and give it to a nice shield with along some extra stats? (Doppio said, our MAIN weapon have the same stats of an Off-hand equipment). Instead of a shield only, why not a pack of three kind of different off-hands for a Priest, like a Small Buckler for extra VIT and DEF. A Holy Book for extra WIS and HIT or a Rosary for extra INT and Cast Speed.
IMHO, every class that doesn't have a 2 handed weapon should have an offhand that doesn't debalance the game (Dunno about Wizard and Sorcerer, since the weapon looks 2-handed but they wield it with 1 hand only), because classes with off-hand have a great addition to their stat pool, because said equip have Rune slots and extra stats.

#20 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Feedback: These 2 DoTs are too OP. Gotta reduce their % closer to the adoramus DoT; should be lower since oratio and credo are instant cast while adoramus has 1sec cast time.

For those priests who don't think yourself as OP, duel every class in your guild, friend list, wtvr, and see what your chance of winning is >_> and you'll see how messed up this -_- is. I'm a priest myself but i don't think this is fair to other classes.

You probably have never dueled a warrior, ranger, sin, rogue, monk. One of these with an equivalent equipment can easily oneshot a priest, since our defense is crap. I think our dots are fine, they are basically our main attack output, since ray of genesis has a long cd and it misses a lot in pvp. As for PvE, our dps is good, but any specific dps class can surpass us... so I see no problems with out dots.

#21 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

Character: Urfid

Feedback TypeEquipment suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): None

Feedback: There's a thing that have always annoyed me since I played a Priest in RO2 (In general, on most of classes, but in Priests is worse). Could we also equip a shield or an offhand like a bible/rosary?.
Before everyone bashes me because of my statement, in Ragnarok 1, every class that didn't have a 2-handed weapon could equip some kind of shield for extra defense. I'm not saying that Priests should have a LOT of def (That's a tank role), but why not lower our other gear piece's defense value and give it to a nice shield with along some extra stats? (Doppio said, our MAIN weapon have the same stats of an Off-hand equipment). Instead of a shield only, why not a pack of three kind of different off-hands for a Priest, like a Small Buckler for extra VIT and DEF. A Holy Book for extra WIS and HIT or a Rosary for extra INT and Cast Speed.
IMHO, every class that doesn't have a 2 handed weapon should have an offhand that doesn't debalance the game (Dunno about Wizard and Sorcerer, since the weapon looks 2-handed but they wield it with 1 hand only), because classes with off-hand have a great addition to their stat pool, because said equip have Rune slots and extra stats.

What if, bear with me here, what if we could equip two offhand weapons at the same time?

#22 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

Character: Scarlettdoll

Feedback Type : Skill/Stat/Suggestion

Skill: Aqua benedicta

Make aqua benedicta a party skill too.. Like if we are in a raid, once the priest use aqua benedicta, the party members will also restore x% of their MP too.. or  maybe an HOT = Renovation effect but MP.

About stat. Hope we could get a little hit rate from INT, I always miss! especially with agi type class. And also, I don't know if its intentional or a bug, but it seems that my heal is low even I have high INT (unless my heal crits).

#23 ChocoVivi

ChocoVivi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

You probably have never dueled a warrior, ranger, sin, rogue, monk. One of these with an equivalent equipment can easily oneshot a priest, since our defense is crap. I think our dots are fine, they are basically our main attack output, since ray of genesis has a long cd and it misses a lot in pvp. As for PvE, our dps is good, but any specific dps class can surpass us... so I see no problems with out dots.

In fact I've been dueling warrior, ranger, sin, and rogue all the time >_>

#24 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

For those priests who don't think yourself as OP, duel every class in your guild, friend list, wtvr, and see what your chance of winning is >_> and you'll see how messed up this  -_- is. I'm a priest myself but i don't think this is fair to other classes.

In fact I've been dueling warrior, ranger, sin, and rogue all the time >_>

Have you and your duel-mate wearing the same set? same refine, same level? because for me,

Priest DOT is totally fine... 

DOT priest skill also miss. (notice it during colo, I always miss when casting DOT to my enemies)

and if that happened, I don't think that it would be balance for a priest since these skills are what priest need to kill.

ROG have long CD. Holy Light have casting. Magnus Exorcismus is melee long range and with kinda not so fast animation. Others are.. *cough

Doesn't mean you can own your duel mates, the job is already OP.  There are some cases on 1v1 battle that's why this job or that job own another job. Collo cases would be different. Well..just an opinion :D

(It would be good if we could give opinion on each suggestion so at least we could brain storm what are the + & - effect of it. So please no hard feelings)

Ooops I accidentally click +1 to your post :(

Edited by sacri, 04 March 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#25 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Character: Scarlettdoll

Feedback Type : Skill/Stat/Suggestion

Skill: Aqua benedicta

Make aqua benedicta a party skill too.. Like if we are in a raid, once the priest use aqua benedicta, the party members will also restore x% of their MP too.. or  maybe an HOT = Renovation effect but MP.

About stat. Hope we could get a little hit rate from INT, I always miss! especially with agi type class. And also, I don't know if its intentional or a bug, but it seems that my heal is low even I have high INT (unless my heal crits).

1.PvE Dmg for priest class is what you can actually call damage (Comparing with other classes) thanks to DoTs. These DoTs are the dmg we priests needs but they do miss(best record = 14 casts until oratio applies to enemy in PvP). Bad part the whole PvP is just AGI race "aka. who has best HIT,Dodge,Crit wins (or was lucky)"

Pre AoV Adoramus was the best damaging DoT spell cause it had the cast time but now its the weakest (why?)

2. i don't think PvP damage can be considered just yet simply cause (as said in 1. PvP is just AGI race), i believe there will be more stat balances/Hit,Dodge,Crit changed. I've seen priests can own anyone if they have high AGI against the battled person (FYI. Priest dies if the enemy can "Crit Oneshot" with best skill Ragestrike, moonlight dance etc. if it has the damage to one shot, or priest can survive cause enemy cant hit :/ )

3.HIT rate from INT mmmmmm... NO. <--- PvP wise you gain about 1200 - 800 INT and that is alot even with 1 HIT per INT (It would be a disaster for melee classes)

SP over Time skill would sound good but can't be spammable unless its like Costs 82sp and effect would be "1% sp per 1 sec healed for 30 sec" sort of

Keep on brainstorming!  :p_idea:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users