[Classic] Help with my (pre)Paladin! - Classic Class Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Help with my (pre)Paladin!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

A few years ago (when the renewal came) I stopped playing in the Brazilian Ragnarok server(bRO) because the fun was gone along with the pre-renewal "times".

Well, I played for so many years that I can't even remember how much, and, as long as I can remember, Crusaders always were my favorite class. I played in Thor, the free server, where the paladin was a feared class in PvP since 2006, when Heritage came, especially because of MR, and that's exactly the problem; in Thor, we didn't have MVP or mini-boss cards(like Ghostring[except a few Tao Gunka cards, which when used by paladins, resulted in extremely high damages]). 

Well, I had two paladins and I have experience with the class, especially with this build, and all I want to know is; even with Ghostring being accessible to a great group of players, I can still kill some(many) people on PvP/WoE? Which is the most effective build on PvP(and WoE, if possible)?
(And sorry for bad english. My english rusted few years ago. ;- ;)

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

I have 3 or so pallys on classic and even more from my pre renewal times. I am like you, pallys been my main.

PvP mr can be good against non gr people. If you have Tao and they have gr then you will be luck to do 1kish damage depending on their gear/class.

For woe, I really don't think mr pallys worth it. We ran one (with tao), once. It could do decent dps, but bombs killed it before it did much. With no Tao the damage isn't enough to kill any important targets. With Tao your better off using it on a sac pally sacing a dd bio with gtb.

I chose mr instead of bc on my pure sac pally. I do use it in woe once in a while. It is great for killing alted cp teams.

#3 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:52 AM

Thanks, Gn1ydnu.

I think I'm going to make a MR Pally focused on PvP('cause I really love this build <3[and try to kill some people w/o GR]) and do a Scholar for WoE, later.

Last question; How often I'll find players with Ghostrings in PvP?

#4 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Actually, MR pallies were good in killing CP teams [had that wicked 99 agi/vit MR in my pally's other build too], but idk if that is in 2014 woes, since there are only "some" guilds who are still into precastings+CPs. Still pawns in PVP coz of abuse dmg physics.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 03 March 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#5 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Thanks, Hayrohs!

Also, even without a Cross Shield, Shield Chain can be effective using another shield? Like a Strong Shield.

#6 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Rapid Smite [Shield Chain] was the best skill I had for PVM, and PVP-ing w/Lex+Strings, doesnt matter much which shields [Cross/Sacred/etc.] as long as its upgraded and heavy, as long as you can spam it fast, if I remember correctly, I had a quad cursing mace w/adrenaline scrolls [stack ASPD buffs to reduce cast animations], provoke ppl, ask for my tag priest to lex and have a stringer, high STR Pally. PVP was fun on slowing ppl and reach them get your kills.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 10 March 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#7 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

Thanks, again!

I have many doubts of what to do with my paladin. I am a member of a clan and obviously would like to help him, so I was thinking of making a FS Paladin. I really like playing as support, but did not want to give up PvP. >:(

#8 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

What about a non-sac build?  You could still support with BC.  This way you could max dex, str, and get a dash of agi for RS/GD/SBoom and still get your shield skills at least to lvl 5.  

Something like; http://irowiki.org/~...cGlf1bnasbqeAHX

#9 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, I've been considering a build with these traits, too. But, at least in my point of view, I won't be as effective as giving support with a sac-based build. What do you guys think?

#10 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Pure sac is always going to be the best, you should have no troubles finding a guild if you play pure sac also. Leveling isn't exactly that hard on classic so I would just make both a sac and MR/shield or w/e you wanted.

#11 jgk21

jgk21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

You've probably made your build now but ill still put in my 5 cents here.

You can go full sac with 99 vit 99 dex while still being able to do pvp to some extent. The leftover stat points (lvl 96-99) are enough to get 25 agi or 25 str, but since you can use a peco and weight scroll str isnt that important. As for me i'm only using MR for pve purposes mostly so i took the 25 str route. If you get 25 agi however, use a berserk potion and an Assaulter Spear you can get decent aspd for your MR and easily kill non-GR users in pvp.

If you ever get access to Tao Gunka you'll be able to kill even GR users the following way: use Gelato Hat or quad Ice (Marina Cards) Mace to freeze your GR user. Since Ghostring is an armor card they can't use Marc to get immunity to freeze. When they get frozen the ghost1 element will change to water1, switch to your Assaulter Spear, use full HP gear - High Risk Valkyrie Armor (Tao Gunka) preferably with + 3 VIT, Excellent (any)shield (Andre Egg), Strange Flame Manteau of Nagth Sieger (Aliot card), +0 Variant Shoes, 2x Medals of Honor, Alice Doll empty or with Arc Angeling card for extra hp and Hockey Mask for additional damage. This way your target should get way over 10k damage on your first hit. If it isnt dead freeze again asap and repeat, they should die. Do not use nocontrol for auto attacking. 

I hope this helped and you can still make a full sac pally and be sufficient support for your guild.

#12 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

I know it's been a long time, but... I still have the same doubts.  :heh: 

I stopped playing 'cuz of my new computer, but now I've returned(last week) and put my Sader to work. At the moment, I'm 71/31 with my Pally and I don't even have a build. Haha

Well, I was thinking of an MR/RS, what do you guys think? With the mid-high dex I would be able to get a decent cast and hitting with MR during the RS' delay. My only fear is not getting a high enough ASPD for MR.

#13 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

I have MR on my Sac pally for killing CP teams (which will only work if defenders don't dispel you or SW their CP team). 

In my opinion, a pure sac pally is capable (pvp/woe) of doing what the other pally builds can do. For ASPD you do not necessarily have to sacrifice stat points to get it high. 

DogRXos.jpg

One is with a few HP gears the other is with ASPD gear and zero no buffs besides a zerk. If you had bless/agi/riff then the aspd would be drastically higher. I have also done a 149 dex and 190 aspd (still with 99 base vit) that works, but I still didn't find it superior to the basic build.

For rapid smite, again I think the gear is more important then the stats. Any major sacrifice to str will hinder other crucial stats like dex/vit. Rapid smite is fine for PVM but I would just make a shield boom build for PVM instead tbh. I see GD as more superior to RS based on many reasons but the largest being the 40% sp drain. 

If you have your heart set on MR/RS, it is possible and people did use to do it back in the day. It is a unique build that can be versatile but not "amazing" in any 1 area. Also with the amount of GR/DRs on the server and RS+MR being forced neutral you might run into a lot of issues with that. Do not let that stop you from doing what you want though!!!! For the longest time I use to run a vit/dex/int pally for WoE and PVP and did fine, although times were a lot different back then (people didn't use potions in pvp ect).

#14 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

Thank you, Gn1ydnu. I think I've decided what to do. The last time that I've done this was five years ago. I'm feeling nostalgic, haha. Thanks, again.

#15 jgk21

jgk21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

I have a similar build: 99 vit 99 dex 25 str for extra weight.

Here's an example of me solo killing Doppelganger with it:

https://www.youtube....h?v=nimd55cJqYw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users