5 replies to this topic

#1 Justtank

Justtank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Firstly this bug aint nothing new, has annoyed me for a long time. Reinstall from any client version did not fix.

I may or may not be the only one with the same issue. It has to do with the Turan possession beast Carlos.

There is this skill named Energy Trap, it's aoe skill. When ever I used this skill, I noticed how my fps dropped drastically.

And it stayed that way even after beast mode was gone. None of the other skills I've tried had this bug. (I have not tried em all)

So, for a long time the only fix was to use a skill with a casting time, for example Beam Slash.

If there was no enemy to target, using a mount did the same trick. This brought the fps back to normal.

However, it does not fix it while in pb mode. This made it near unplayable in mass pvp and very annoying in pve too.

But I did some testing the other day and learned a few more things..

First thing I learned was that the skill Energy Trap had something to do with it, but more importantly Beast Armor.

I feel like an idiot now, but it had not crossed my mind before to remove the armor until last night.. suddenly, no more fps drop/lag/freezing with any skill ! (and I've been wearing it for atleast a year now)

This still doesn't explain how or why it's really happening, and for those who would like to reinforce beast armor, and have the same issue, I think this should be fixed.

I for one just bought the armor pieces for the looks. But lately I've thought about forging a +10 set, after I heard it can make a difference. Now I won't have to bother trying.

If you have a similar problem, and have not already reported it, you may reply here. I could not find a topic related to this issue yet.

Thank you for reading.

#2 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hotfix. Buy new pc.... i use pb with all skills and never drop under 120 fps

#3 Justtank

Justtank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

It seems maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Without the armor on, my game runs fine, with the armor it also runs as good, until I activate the skill, and after that it remains bugged. Even after pb mode is over.

By that I mean "choppy", lag, freezing and fps drop to about 50 (may vary). I probably should have posted a video capture instead, english isn't my first language. Fps drop isn't the actual issue, is what I'm trying to say.

As an example, even 30-40 fps would be playable to me, as I have on my laptop for a few years.

My current pc is 6 months old (gtx760, i5-4670K @ 4.2ghz) while it's not great, everything I've thrown at it so far runs pretty good.

It usually runs Req way above 120 fps same as you, but that's not even noticeable in my case.

Anyway this topic is here to help, not argue.. I finally came up with a better temporary fix, which is why this topic was made.

This game has so many bugs, and they don't occur to everyone. There's so many examples in this forum alone. It could be a driver issue, still trying different drivers and settings.

Without the armor, I can use all the skills including Energy Trap, with way more fps than I would notice, and no freezing or choppiness. I hope that made more sense :p_conf:

Edited by Justtank, 07 March 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#4 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

It seems maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Without the armor on, my game runs fine, with the armor it also runs as good, until I activate the skill, and after that it remains bugged. Even after pb mode is over.

By that I mean "choppy", lag, freezing and fps drop to about 50 (may vary). I probably should have posted a video capture instead, english isn't my first language. Fps drop isn't the actual issue, is what I'm trying to say.

As an example, even 30-40 fps would be playable to me, as I have on my laptop for a few years.

My current pc is 6 months old (gtx760, i5-4670K @ 4.2ghz) while it's not great, everything I've thrown at it so far runs pretty good.

It usually runs Req way above 120 fps same as you, but that's not even noticeable in my case.

Anyway this topic is here to help, not argue.. I finally came up with a better temporary fix, which is why this topic was made.

This game has so many bugs, and they don't occur to everyone. There's so many examples in this forum alone. It could be a driver issue, still trying different drivers and settings.

Without the armor, I can use all the skills including Energy Trap, with way more fps than I would notice, and no freezing or choppiness. I hope that made more sense :p_conf:

Same happenes to me but i use the return skill to stop the lag,anyway i `ve learned to live with it.

Edited by cosi4zara, 07 March 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#5 Justtank

Justtank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

Now tested with my Mystic.. Bought a Beast Armor Helm for my Rufus. Pb skill Fire Armor does the same damn thing, with armor equipped.

Btw support team tested my Turan Pb, but found no problems on their end. Although it is clearly a bug, there is likely no simple fix since it ain't happening with every pc.

#6 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

This will be directed to our development team. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users