[Character Stats] Deciphering the Numbers - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Character Stats] Deciphering the Numbers

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

OUTDATED CONTENT
Spoiler

Edited by Animalicia, 22 April 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Chaostamer149 already figured out critical, parry, and defense formulas and publicized them a few weeks ago in this topic:
http://forums.warppo...fence-formulas/

#3 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Chaostamer149 already figured out critical, parry, and defense formulas and publicized them a few weeks ago in this topic:
http://forums.warppo...fence-formulas/

oh, indeed, thanks for the heads up, his formula are more precise than mine, and it's a good thing he already figured out the defense formula as well, i'll try to contact him so i can publish his formula in SEA and ask if he figured out more :thx:

#4 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

DTN002 completed earlier than expected thanks to Chaostamer149 from WarpPortal forums. Please share the results and the page with your friends to increase the data pool that we can gather on the next DTN. Thank you! - Animalica

DTN003 Out! The third survey of the DTN. Please input as much data as you can and share with your friends! We need all the data we can get! Thank you! -Animalicia

Edited by Animalicia, 09 March 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#5 Chaostamer149

Chaostamer149

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Here you go, the formula for Vigor/Haste/CastSpeed:

Vigor%=Vigor/[(Vigor*.005)+(Level*.2)+24]  Where level is 1-70

All 3 formulas are the same, also when using these formulas, the equipment window rounds down to the nearest .01 For example: 34.876 would show as 34.87% in the equipment window.

Another thing: the game does not round numbers from modifiers such as blue/red seeds. For example(taken from my Lv20 SM):

ODy9Bur.png

The %'s are from Redseeds, 2nd row is Vigor without Redseeds, 3rd row adds Redseeds and doesn't round, the last row (974 Vigor) is what the game shows in the equipment window

1LR39Fx.jpg

As you can see if I were to take the vigor the equip window says I have (974), the formula would give me 33.73% but the equip window says I have 33.76%. If I use the correct vigor amount in the formula (974.93), that is, the not rounded version, it gives me the correct amount of 33.76%.

Edit: Changed to include any level class

Edited by Chaostamer149, 09 March 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Here you go, the formula for Vigor/Haste/CastSpeed:

Vigor%=Vigor/[(Vigor*.005)+24]

thanks, i still don't have enough data to compare the ones from NA and SEA but i can tell from the data i got from my characters that computation for v/h/cs is different here in SEA, we get more rate per raw value (i.e. 905 raw value from my data gives 33.61% but only gives 28.53 % with your formula), either this was intended or the computations here, assuming we are the ones behind patches, are not updated

#7 Chaostamer149

Chaostamer149

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

thanks, i still don't have enough data to compare the ones from NA and SEA but i can tell from the data i got from my characters that computation for v/h/cs is different here in SEA, we get more rate per raw value (i.e. 905 raw value from my data gives 33.61% but only gives 28.53 % with your formula), either this was intended or the computations here, assuming we are the ones behind patches, are not updated

Ah sorry about that, I forgot that I used a lv20 for that formula. Vigor/Haste/Cast Speed is affected by level.

Here is the formula you would use on any lvl class:

Vigor%=Vigor/[(Vigor*.005)+(Level*.2)+10]   Level would be 1-70

#8 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ah sorry about that, I forgot that I used a lv20 for that formula.

that explains it, :thx:  it matches now, i am rather intrigued as to how you derive these formulas  :hmm: , i derive my formulas from close approximations and requires a big database(explains the constant with percentage error on my critical formula) but you seem to be able to derive much more precise formulas

#9 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

DTN004 Out! Please input as much data as you can and share with your friends! We need all the data we can get! Thank you! -Animalicia

#10 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Nice work!

#11 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

The funny thing with the calculation for vigor => Vigor% = Vigor / [(Vigor*.005) + (Level*.2) + 10]

is that it could be changed into Vigor% = Vigor / [(Vigor / 200) + (Level / 5) + 10].

That means that generally spoken, the result can be seen as: Vigor% = Vigor / [(Vigor / Max.Percentage) + Min.Value]

Because given high Vigor values, the Min.Value part gets negligible and it's like Vigor% = Vigor / [(Vigor / 200)] = 200 * Vigor / Vigor.

With 1 point in vigor .. its like Vigor% = 1 / [1 + Min.Value]

That means that the Vigor bonus can actually be higher than 100% and eventually reach ~200%.

Edited by Greven79, 04 December 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#12 Verinne

Verinne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

HP

Spoiler

Hi, can i ask where does 175 and 39 derived from? Because I'm having trouble comparing the result with this formula from what i have in-game. I'm 14-ish short with my BM, 21-ish with BM under Grizzly Form and 13-ish on my rogue. 

I was assuming 175 was somewhat taken from the default HP. I had to test, and create a new toon. at Level 1 Naked (1 VIT) max HP is 227, deducting 15 (from 1VIT) gives 212. How to chop that 212 is a bit of my concern. So I'm a bit curious from where the constant values of 175 and 39 came from. Hope you can enlighten me. Thanks!

#13 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

those are constants derived by Chaostamer149 from a series of testing and data gathering that he had done with a controlled group
i've verified them myself and they are, if not exact, very close to what the actual HP is from my data
i am not fully aware as for the exact process on how he derived the constants themselves since i am also intrigued by his process
i derive my formulas from a large database and extrapolation of data until i arrive with an equation with a very low percentage error, but he seems to have a better process that can derive very precise equations so you may want to message him if you want to know more

p.s. the small errors you get are most probably deviations caused by rounding off of decimals

#14 Verinne

Verinne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

yeah the results were at least close to what we have in-game but still i think there's more of it unexplained.

Thanks.

#15 Animalicia

Animalicia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

after pondering about this for a while i realized it was simpler than it seems, i remember Chaostamer149 telling me that he leveled a character and logged every detail per level so i guess it goes like this...

at first he had a level 1 character with 1 vit, naked, with an HP of 229, subtracting the HP bonus from that 1 vit, the base HP is 214
at level 2 his HP became 268, subtracting the bonus HP, the base will be 253
as he continued, he observed that the base HP increases by a set value every level and that is 39
going back from that, at level 1 with a base HP of 214, when you subtract the level bonus of 39, you'll get 175

so there :)

Edited by Animalicia, 04 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users