Patch Notes v496
Several enhancements have been made to adjust how points are tracked and counted towards contribution to your team. More Honor Point are expected to be earned per match overall, those who participate will see better compensation for their efforts in the end.
- Updated Game Arena scoreboard to display new combat and game-specific objective stats.
- New combat stats tracked are: Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged.
- New game objective statistics tracked in Crystal Defenders/Akram Arena are: Crystals Destroyed, Minutes Defended, Assault Kills, Defend Kills.
- New game objective statistics tracked in Draconis Peaks are: Dragons Slain, Eggs Captured, Eggs Returned.
- Honor and Valor rewards earned through PvP games and dungeons are now rewarded and displayed in the system notification window as a single amount.
- Added "Vote Kick Member" function to group management interface while inside Game Arena dungeons.
- "Disband Group" and "Kick Member" group management functions may now only be used outside of Game Arena game instances.
- Updated point mechanics in Game Arena PvP game modes.
- Completing team oriented objectives (e.g. winning the game, destroying/defending crystals) now plays a more prominent role in determining the team's performance and potential Honor rewards, while continuing to factor in each team member's individual contributions to the outcome of a game match.
- Proximity based reward mechanics have been improved to ensure they work more consistently and reliably, and now take into consideration how recently a player has been in proximity of an action when determining whether points should be awarded.
Crystal Defenders / Akram Arena
- Added "tagging" mechanic to allow points to be earned for recently destroying/defending a crystal.
- Defenders now earn 1 point per minute while within proximity of the crystal. This is the defender counterpart to the attacker point source, where attackers earn 10 points while within proximity of a crystal when it is destroyed.
- Added "tagging" mechanic to allow points to be earned for recently defeating the opponent's dragon.
- Added display of "Melee Power" stat under Attack Power stat of the character info window, which modifies the power of melee attacks.
- Added overhead digit display for healed amounts and absorbed damage.
- Updated wording of currency increase/decrease message.
- Added skill level to bottom left corner of HUD skill icon to display current number of 'stacks' of passive status effects.
- Updated skill tooltip to display description on both current and next level.
Skill Changes and Balances
Several classes are receiving some updates to help improve their versatility and contribution towards team play, as well as to improve their personal play style design. With this update, several mechanical improvements have been created with some focuses on the under-appreciated classes.
New Status Effects
Through various discussions over what we had hoped we could do for ROSE, for game play, we came down to various effects that we felt would add to the game play experience. The results are in part, the following new effects that will provoke consideration behind how you play, whether you are using these new effects for yourself or against someone else.
Through many hours of late night arguments behind why the skill sets of the Bourgeois were only allowed to learn one set of skills over another, the council agreed it made no sense in the battles against evil to hinder their champions. The skills no longer lock one another out, however still share a cool down due to the strenuous effort behind their use. The bourgeois class now have a bit more to their available arsenal and their skill sets are more flexible for use.
In darkened corners and shadows, secret meetings and whispers of improving the talents of the fighting skills and talents of their fighters were discussed. The results yielded a better fighter, with an improved training regimen, it offered more flexibility and some new options behind their fighting style.
Their skill trees have been opened significantly to more customizable builds with less restriction. New skills and mechanics, now allow for passive additive bonuses to take effect during your regular combat, so getting up close and personal can really give cause for concern.
The same efforts from the Raiders were shared with the Scouts as well as it provoked other imaginative means of combat that suits their needs! The skill trees also were adjusted slightly, with the inclusion of new skills that place traps for strategic use and utility in their ranged style of combat.
The mystical order had meetings over the combined efforts of their combat and support potential and through it advancements were made, with a few felt sacrifices. To improve the offensive ability, the defensive focus was shifted towards those who were truly combat minded, while also developing new effects to help support others. Though the direct healing power of the Cleric was reduced, the potential for healing has been improved. New abilities, that increase the amount your allies will be healed for allow for greater support if you have the skill for it. A small reduction to defenses have been traded with the ability for greater offense, Cleric's Intensity being given additional boosts that support the idea of a Battle Cleric.
Clerics were not the only ones looking to increase their power. The mystic art weavers also developed new masteries over the elements and their ability to sustain themselves during combat. These new masteries will help aid many mages new and old in various situations depending on their elemental choices, that infuse their bodies with element benefits. The outcome creates surges of mystical energies to empower the Mages temporarily in times of need. Elemental masteries will now grant special bonuses mid combat and cast, which can truly shift the play style of a Mage depending on their build, skills cast and a bit of luck.
Having been occupied with their crafting, were a little oblivious to what was happening around them. However, they have recently become aware of the improved efforts of other guilds and classes and have begun their plans to help improve their cast. Artisans are researching means of combining machine and magic, to provide future support for their allies and themselves during times of need. It is unknown when these new experimental gadgets will come to light, but the guild is intent on seeing it through!
Being simple minded, the proud champions saw little reasons to change their methods and ways, but along the way discovered that some talents were evolving on their own. Their coveted Berserk technique had become near perfected and begun to provide immunities to certain effects while they underwent the rage transformation. Needless to say, it was a welcome advancement, but still nothing more was thought should be done.
With stubbornness in their heads, the Knight trainers felt no need to "improve upon perfection" and have not made effort to improve their abilities. Though they may discover that such stubbornness will force them to change by necessity in the end, if not very soon. One lieutenant did say they did manage to figure out a better swing for one ability and it was adopted as it seemed to improve the skill by a small margin.
A letter from Leonis on behalf of the ROSE Development Team:
Story telling aside, these changes described and many more, are along the current path that we have been working very hard towards. To help us offer an improved ability of game play, that holds a special balance, range of diversity, and reinvigorating sense of enjoyment when playing your character and class. We know that feeling powerful and accomplished with your character is important and want to see everyone stand proud of their creation. But don't think it's over with this update. We do have our sights on the other remaining classes. The Knight, Champion, Artisan and even perhaps the Visitor!
For now we feel that the contained efforts of updates will offer a wider choice to class builds and ultimately balance, where everyone can have a respectful chance to make a name for themselves and enjoy playing the class they've invested their love and joy in to. Again, we do have the intention of providing further updates to other classes that were not heavily included to the update, because at this point we have felt that their designs were stable enough to sustain them as well as the already have fairly impacting setups already, or in the cast of the Artisan, their advancement requires more than we were able to accomplish in the time we allotted for the project development.
If some of you are thinking we should just wait till it's all done, remember, this is an ever ongoing world and we want to continue to help it grow, expand and evolve. In that consideration, we will never be done developing ROSE. Though we will be turning more towards expanding on actual explore-able content, we also needed first to have some more options to work with so as you explore you could be met with more interesting situations to challenge you.
As always, we will be watching closely on the progression of the update as it is explored within the live severs. And appreciate any reports and feedback that you have regarding the update. Our only request is that you keep in mind this is an update with the full intention of trying to make ROSE better and we hope, when you offer that feedback, you also share that wish to see ROSE improve. Share with us your experiences, any suggestions you may have and if you have ideas the more detail there is, the better and easier it is for us to have it in mind towards future updates.
Thank you all again for being part of such a wonderful world and making it the great community we enjoy being part of.
These items can be found under the Special > Event...
- Clover Balloon for your Cart!
- St. Patricks Lucky Box
The St. Patrick's Lucky Box Contains...
The March Lucky Box Contains... The Spring Box Contains... These items can be found under the Special > Special... New Lucky Spin Costume!
Edited by Leonis, 13 March 2014 - 09:49 AM.
The March Lucky Box Contains...
The Spring Box Contains...
These items can be found under the Special > Special...
New Lucky Spin Costume!
Edited by Leonis, 13 March 2014 - 09:49 AM.