Umm, Soul Linker skill Eska seems to not work... - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Umm, Soul Linker skill Eska seems to not work...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Is it incorrect descriptions again?  Eska is supposed to "Force a monster into a status similar to Monk's Mental Strength, in which Movement and Attack Speed is reduced, but Defense and Magic Defense will be temporarily enhanced."

It... speeds them up.  idk about the def because I'm playing a silly melee crit linker.  I thought it'd be good to slow down their attacks but it doesn't seem to do that.  In fact they seem to get angry and attack faster.  They also run faster as I couldn't get away from a mob I could before getting the skill.

So, um, what is this skill supposed to do, really?

Or is it in the wrong and I need to submit a ticket?

Edited by MizunoAoi, 11 March 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#2 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Okay I just read from a datamining site that the skill doesn't effect the monster's aspd at all.  That's not right at all.

#3 Renarain

Renarain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

how is that not right at all? all I see in the skill is "forces the monster to have a state similar to a monks steel body" it uses the word similar not the exact same. it gives the def/mdef boost, but doesn't slow them down

#4 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Since you won't take what I quoted form the skill and you apparently don't have a linker of your own to look at the skill, here:

screenClassicLoki114_zps06635b64.jpg

#5 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

"in which movement speed and attack speed is reduced"

It doesn't seem to be the case.  So, what? Do I just use it for greifing and giving things 90 def/mef?

#6 Renarain

Renarain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

i belive their regular def changes every so often when under eska, its not set to 90. atleast according to www.ratemyserver.com

as for what you quoted, i do have a linker, i just never got the es skills as that's not what i use a linker for. i went torenewal.playragnarok.com, where i always go to find answers and if you search up eska there it sais "forces a monster to have a state similar to a monks steel body, but without blocking the skills. mdef is set to 90 and def changes every second. aspd is not affected. works on boss and miniboss monsters"

Edited by Renarain, 13 March 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#7 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't trust that pserver database, anyway.

Use iRO Wiki instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users