Make glorious equipment tradable? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make glorious equipment tradable?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Glorious equipment are currently bound to the account. I have equips which no longer use but cannot lend, sell or trade to someone who does. It is difficult and expensive to farm the also-untradable KVM points and badges, making glorious equipment too great or unworthwhile an investment for most.

I propose that glorious equipment be made tradable. This will remove one of the barriers to WoE players trying certain new classes/builds: the unavailability of the glorious equipment's raw firepower, even for ready zeny.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Seconded.

I'd love to see how the market prices them as well.

#3 matsurika

matsurika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

Triconded

#4 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Yes please. I need some extra money. I could sell my Glorious Suits and Mant for some additional zenies.

#5 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Anything that can make core aspects of the game more accessible is a good thing in my opinion.

It might even generate more interest in playing in Battlegrounds for people to then sell the items after the fact.

#6 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

also for a new player maybe you can come to BG farm some equips and sell it without the need of a quest ! this also make more ppl actually go to BGs :D

#7 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Or maybe make BG equipment cheaper :o

#8 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

i like it

#9 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

I assume they'd be priced at 700m to 1b, which is the variable cost of trading OPBs for 2000 KvM Badges through Merry Badger.

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

They'd be much lower, because people would no longer need multiple weapons for multiple accounts. And the people that currently do have multiples will be dumping theirs onto the market. Both the value of OPBs and KVM weapons alike would drop.

Edited by Tofu, 18 March 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#11 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I assume they'd be priced at 700m to 1b, which is the variable cost of trading OPBs for 2000 KvM Badges through Merry Badger.

I don't think you can make such a simple conversion. 100 Kafra Points has a wildly different value depending on which item you're trading, and a new means to obtain Glorious gear would only deflate their value as OPBs wouldn't be the way to go about it anymore.

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

They'd be much lower, because people would no longer need multiple weapons for multiple accounts. And the people that currently do have multiples will be dumping theirs onto the market. Both the value of OPBs and KVM weapons alike would drop.

Hope so! Although it'd be awful if the market was inundated with them and we experienced yet another power creep.

I don't think you can make such a simple conversion. 100 Kafra Points has a wildly different value depending on which item you're trading, and a new means to obtain Glorious gear would only deflate their value as OPBs wouldn't be the way to go about it anymore.

Where did you get KP from? o_O

#13 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Where did you get KP from? o_O

I used it as an example to prove that there's a disparity in value between items and currencies when those items are attainable through multiple methods.

Reset Stones are 6m or 100 KP.

HD Carnium or Bradium are 11m~ or 75KP.

My point was, if they became tradable, I highly doubt their zeny value would reflect the same zeny value as buying them through OPBs.

#14 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hope so! Although it'd be awful if the market was inundated with them and we experienced yet another power creep.

The few +14s there are will likely find their way back into the game, and into the hands of people who are already decked out in gods/mvps. They won't just be sitting on dead accounts anymore.

#15 Auarion

Auarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

There are glorious items that are uniquely useful outside in PVM/MVP. Every serious MVP GX has a glorious Jamadhar or Bloody Roar. There is also the Lex Aterna for the Holy Avenger and ASPD/Reductions of the Ring to optimize for those fire/wind element MVPs. The suits set gives a 35% boost in HP too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users